Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if they did or didn't confirm info on the showings? As in, what clients she was scheduled to meet and if the times had been postponed or rescheduled?

Can anyone refresh on it?

Jmo
I think he was angry she didnt come home the night before.
He tried using the kids to get her home and she didnt.

As for the inappropriate relationship comment that may be wording LE got from
Interviewing the ex. I do not think it came out of nowhere.
Are we sure they are really divorced?

Why was she even staying with him?

Right, but that briefcase may not have had everything she needed.

But you mentioned the Crosby appointment. Am i remembering right that it was supposed to be at 7:30, and she cancelled it at 7:20? If so, how was she supposed to be at that meeting and also at home with the kids at the same time?

Who was supposed to watch the kids if she hadn't cancelled? School was still on break at that time.

I can't recall how it was canceled. If you can find a link, that would be great, as I can't find anything. You're right that we don't know what was in the briefcase specifically other than "real estate papers". This brings up a good point, though, how did they usually manage child care?

Anyone think the ex followed her from bf house that morning.

But wouldn't that mean leaving the kids home alone? It's possible though. Maybe she sensed something was *off* and that's why she looked around before getting in her car (although she could just be more safety conscious in general)

Whoever ditched her car had their own. So was she taken where her car was found?

This is reason #1 why I think there's no way this is a random crime. The average "random" criminal is an opportunist who strikes when the iron is hot and then gets the hell out of dodge. I can't foresee someone kidnapping her and then taking the time to park her car somewhere.

Correct me if I am wrong, please, but didn't the family find out the location of the car because of a post on social media? They went and searched through it and THEN informed the police of its location. That is how I interpreted this whole thing. I get the family wanting to find any clue as to where she is but they should have called the police immediately and not touched the car.

I read that too. And they did the same thing with the townhome. Then when they heard about the phone ping, they raced there too. That could create issues, I hope not. I also think this is either going to be a circumstantial evidence case unless they have something pretty substantial physically. But,then again they have other things we don't know about as well.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

If this is true, any decent defense attorney is going to have a hell of a defense. That's reasonable doubt. I'm 100% on the family's side, but those are major screw ups.

Jmo
I think he was angry she didnt come home the night before.
He tried using the kids to get her home and she didnt.

As for the inappropriate relationship comment that may be wording LE got from
Interviewing the ex. I do not think it came out of nowhere.
Are we sure they are really divorced?

Why was she even staying with him?

Someone in the last thread had access to the county court website and confirmed they were in fact divorced. (I believe she had a lawyer & the EX didn't, however the divorce was not contested - I'd have to double check this info though)

As for still living together, someone else in the previous thread who had gone through a divorce said their lawyer had recommended staying together (if the situation was amicable) until everything (housing, property, etc) was settled w/the divorce.

Was that showing at 7:30? Did ex know the appt. had been canceled or that it even existed? It seems like she would have left the BF's house before 7 if she knew she had to go all the way to the ex's to get her briefcase IF she didn't know until that morning that daycare/school had been called off. From reading on here, it sounded as though she cancelled that appt. the morning she disappeared. If she knew the prior evening, I think she would have contacted the client then instead of last minute. I also don't see why she would have left the briefcase at the ex's instead of just taking it with her to the BF's and leaving straight from there or leaving it at the RE to be picked up on the way.

All good questions/observations. Do we know WHERE in Crosby her appointment was?

At this point, I am going to take a break from this thread.

Right, but that briefcase may not have had everything she needed.

But you mentioned the Crosby appointment. Am i remembering right that it was supposed to be at 7:30, and she cancelled it at 7:20? If so, how was she supposed to be at that meeting and also at home with the kids at the same time?

Who was supposed to watch the kids if she hadn't cancelled? School was still on break at that time.
Her kids school wasn't on break - they moved school districts. They called Thursday and said school would be cancelled Friday.

http://www.bhisd.net/page.cfm?p=1597&start=08/09/2017&period=month&requestPortalmod=2442

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If this is true, any decent defense attorney is going to have a hell of a defense. That's reasonable doubt. I'm 100% on the family's side, but those are major screw ups.

I don't think that's reasonable doubt, in a legal sense. The cops wouldn't want family in the home/car in case evidence is destroyed, such as fingerprints. If there was evidence in the car that was compromised, that would mean that the state had to find other evidence in order to charge him, so anything that could have been in the car wouldn't really matter. The absence of evidence is not evidence.

Also I'm a bit confused about this could someone please clear it up. In the text she said it was just rain and she was going to have the kids and basically stay put for the bad weather with the kids right? But the boyfriend said she was going to hang with him and watch GOT? I'm sure she wasn't going to Dallas bc she said as much to both of them either way but was the plan to be with the kids for the duration (where were they going to wait it out anyway at the house of the Ex since condo was under Reno?) or was she having the kids for a bit then splitting to go back and spend time with bf ? It's two conflicting stories or I'm just missing info? Help pls!

Can anyone clarify on our current thread, I am so confused about this thread because so much of this was already covered? As in marriage-divorce, job site, siblings, and more.

<mod snip>

Perhaps she felt it was too late to call and cancel the night before.

Cancelling 10 minutes prior to a showing doesn't seem very professional, considering I would likely be already there waiting 10 minutes prior. I would assume most would be on their way at that point in time so in the event of traffic or unforeseen issues, they wouldn't be late.

Cancelling 10 minutes prior to a showing doesn't seem very professional, considering I would likely be already there waiting 10 minutes prior. I would assume most would be on their way at that point in time so in the event of traffic or unforeseen issues, they wouldn't be late.
Well I know the person she cancelled with made a comment to the effect that it was annoying to be called at that time. But she probably said I just found out School is cancelled and didn't tell him she knew on Thursday.

snipped...
On Friday, McDowell’s boyfriend, Paul Hargrave, said that her cell phone ping was discovered within a 3-mile radius of 1210 Park St., which is Baytown’s Park Service Center.

http://baytownsun.com/news/article_0656dd4a-9223-11e7-a0d4-0790a1bd71bd.html

Just an observation, BOTH her office addresses at within the 3 mile radius of her cell phone ping as reported by PH :thinking:

https://goo.gl/maps/u8tPwQEWJN42

https://goo.gl/maps/whsEX96coPp

eta: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...osby-TX-25-Aug-2017-2&p=13612106#post13612106

Tara bull where do I locate the discussion about her assistant? The link doesn't directly bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth