Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sort of obvious at this point but now it makes sense to me that CM's relationship w/her boyfriend was very new. Maybe it took SM a few weeks to get over the initial shock of it -- then he turned to rage. He sent the text the night before about her daughter wanting to see her. He was absolutely seething, knowing CM was spending the night w/her new beau, thus the 'inappropriate' situation bc she was not home w/him where he thought she belonged.

Add to this the possibility of SM just finding out about the cruise and... ugh.

I just hope he does the right thing and confesses so her children & family can move forward w/out a drawn-out trial.

As for if this crime qualifies for the death penalty or not, think of CM's kids -- that's their dad and they still love him and that would be absolutely awful for them. I highly doubt they saw what he did to their mom so their feelings for him probably haven't changed (yet.) They are still so young & innocent.

All my opinion.

I think the Billboard did it. Now I respect the new boyfriend showing his love for her. But the Billboard was in the town and it probably made SM very mad.

I think this murder was committed in a RAGE!

Look at the man!

I agree, and always thought it was him, and looking at him, I cant help but wonder what she endued behind closed doors. Hes one of those guys you look at and know that there is a whole other side the public doesnt see.

Tim Miller's comments sealed it for me. Ive followed him long enough to know that it was a recovery at that point.

So brokenhearted for her family and friends and most of all her kids.

I'm torn on whether or not it was premeditated.

The sheriff said the storm had nothing to do with the crime, so that certainly makes it sound like it wasn't.

The text about the daughter didn't sit well with me (so emotionally manipulative) but I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it meant he planned to kill her that night. I think her response that she'll see the kids in the morning was just another drop in the bucket for him though.

That text about the daughter instantly bothered me too. I thought the way she responded to it made it obvious that being emotionally manipulated by him was not something unfamiliar to her. When he sent that he was probably seething with anger.

We also don't know what texts he sent her Thursday during any other part of the day. He could have been blowing up her phone with hateful texts for all we know. All we got to see is what he wanted the cops to see.

I don't think he planned to kill her Thursday night, but I think he really wanted to control her and not let her sleep at his house. I'm sure he knew about the boyfriend by the time he sent that. I don't think this was premeditated at all... I think things just got seriously out of hand. With his swollen knuckles I wonder if he punched her and she fell and hit her head.

I think the Billboard did it. Now I respect the new boyfriend showing his love for her. But the Billboard was in the town and it probably made SM very mad.
I had said I wasnt sure she even took that picture of the billboard. Now I'm wondering if she is the one that even texted about it.

I agree that it may have been the final straw. Very in everyone's face. He may have been getting questions ask to him between that and her declaration of happiness. This guy just wasn't going to let her move on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Since no one has posted it yet, here is Steve's Youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/McSt3v3/videos

You have to admit that if you knew nothing about this guy and just happened to stumble upon his page you'd think he was the most normal person ever. That's what makes it so scary.

Ashley Banfield showed most of this video on her show but here is the skydiving video of Crystal in it's entirety for those who may not have seen it: [video=youtube;C_6_VGfbPuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_6_VGfbPuE[/video]

She was so vibrant and full of life. :(

This is sort of obvious at this point but now it makes sense to me that CM's relationship w/her boyfriend was very new. Maybe it took SM a few weeks to get over the initial shock of it -- then he turned to rage. He sent the text the night before about her daughter wanting to see her. He was absolutely seething, knowing CM was spending the night w/her new beau, thus the 'inappropriate' situation bc she was not home w/him where he thought she belonged.

Add to this the possibility of SM just finding out about the cruise and... ugh.

I just hope he does the right thing and confesses so her children & family can move forward w/out a drawn-out trial.

As for if this crime qualifies for the death penalty or not, think of CM's kids -- that's their dad and they still love him and that would be absolutely awful for them. I highly doubt they saw what he did to their mom so their feelings for him probably haven't changed (yet.) They are still so young & innocent.

All my opinion.

I highly doubt they saw what he did to their mom

The Sheriff sort of stumbled on his words in response to the question about the children. I think they possibly saw and heard stuff they'll never forget. I think the children's interviews provided LE with specifics. TX Rangers knew what they were looking for. The Charged has not had access to his children due to early CPS intervention for a reason.

:rose: SMc can never hurt her again.

Steve told LE where Crystal was per Crystal Edwards (the PI)

That PI is a disgrace and should NOT be making any public statements that could interfere with an ongoing investigation.

JMHO

The Sheriff sort of stumbled on his words in response to the question about the children. I think they possibly saw and heard stuff they'll never forget. I think the children's interviews provided LE with specifics. TX Rangers knew what they were looking for. The Charged has not had access to his children due to early CPS intervention for a reason.

:rose: SMc can never hurt her again.

I think the Sheriff stumbled on his words over that question partly because it was poorly asked and didn't really make sense in the context of the text messages we were privy to.

The reporter said (paraphrasing) she knew Crystal was on her way to pick up the kids at the ex's house, did that ever happen? Did it ever get that far?

This is a weird question because initially she was going to his house and then the plan was to go to his work. Whether that was a text sent after he killed her (as a red herring to pretend she was never at the house that day) or if she actually met him there is besides the point. The question ultimately asked if she made it to wherever she was supposed to meet him, and the answer was yes. If she wanted to know if Crystal ever went to the house, she should have asked a more direct question.

The reporter never specifically asked if Crystal made it to the house, and the Sheriff never said she didn't make it there. If they don't say it, we can't say it for them.

IMO I think she did go home and then SM sent the text to her to try and keep police from thinking she was in the home that day.

There's a black & white video of her at someone's (Ex's?) house from home sec. cam.
Apologies if this was already discussed at length.

I'm catching up on this. What is the billboard that's been mentioned? tia

He wasn't charged with capital murder. He was charged with murder, a first degree felony. In Texas they are not the same. I posted a link a page or two ago explaining the differences. It's pretty interesting what counts as capital murder there vs other states. He just doesn't seem to qualify for a capital charge.

http://www.medlinfirm.com/the-difference-between-manslaughter-and-murder-in-texas/

Yes, I know that. I was posting it for those who were wondering if it was a DP case so they could see it's more than likely not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm catching up on this. What is the billboard that's been mentioned? tia

“I received a message from her … about a billboard her boyfriend had put up for her,” Walters told ABC News.

Hargrave had put up a billboard advertisement showcasing McDowell as a real estate broker. Hargrave showed ABC News text messages from McDowell showing that she had taken a picture of the billboard and then texted him, “And you are so sweet.” He replied, “I love and I’ll always support you.”
http://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriff-va...ase-hurricane-harvey-reason/story?id=49677553

That PI is a disgrace and should NOT be making any public statements that could interfere with an ongoing investigation.

JMHO
I wondered about that. What information that she shares could hurt the investigation? I hate to sound so ignorant. I'm not well versed in what things can/won't hurt an investigation. I've never seen a PI do what she did as far as announcing such important things without having permission or before all the family was notified. Certainly muddies the waters.

Regarding Paul, and his being so vocal with the media, I'm starting to think that LE left him alone to talk so much for a reason, maybe even encouraged him, because LE already knew it was the ex.

With all the mixups with the video timestamps and the colour of her dress, etc. people were questioning his involvement, the focus was on him, and as such the heat "appeared" to be off Steve. I have no doubt that Steve was following, reading everything. Had the focus been on Steve it may have spooked him and he could have been a flight risk.

I feel bad for Paul, he is another victim in this horrible case.

Can't help but wonder what he did with the kids while he was taking care of Crystal and how did he drop her car off? The impending hurricane had to be a problem for him. I haven't had time to read all of the threads, so forgive if this has been discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow