Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, poor Paul. He truly was an innocent party in all of this. How horrible for him, to have found a woman he loved, one he was just starting out with, to have it all taken from him.

Steve left so many victims in his wake. Only thinking about himself, his feelings, his needs, his wants, his desires and everyone else could just go to hell, including his children.

Here is what constitutes capital punishment in TX:

76249aefd163232c22cf093a248a7aa8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could be a capital offense if it is determined her kidnapped her before murdering her. I guess that will be dependent on where she was killed.

I believed before she was found and even more after that he did something to her phone and devices trying to spy on them it's not difficult to do and there are ways to do it easily by never having the device in your hand if you know the appleID password also a little more difficult to do than that way you can send an email or iMessage and get in that way as well but it's more expensive & more difficult than the other way which takes less than 3 minutes. It can be almost impossible to prove it was ever done bc it just can act a bit glitchy. You can have the ability to read text, listen to VM, emails, see what apps are used, see what internet is being used for, erase texts & emails, erase apps, be able to hear phone conversations & also hear what's going on around the device. All of that does drain the battery fairly quickly. When did her boyfriend say she stopped using all own devices and started using his ? I ask bc losing that control he thought he had could'ever made him angry. The text about the daughter made me uneasy I think it could either way where he was trying to manipulate and control her - which she seemed to know from her reply back to him or he planned to hurt her that night.

ALSO why was it kept so secret about the divorce? Who's idea was it & what was the reasoning behind keeping it DL

So sad. RIP Crystal.

attachment.php

Attachments

• memorialCandlesSmaller.png
    memorialCandlesSmaller.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 499
That, and photos of him on other sm, is just his public face. Crystal got to experience his private face, a much darker, and manipulative Steve, and I don't mean only in her final hours. (There were texts by her to a work friend where she said Steve didn't treat her well previously iirc.)

We all have two faces (or maybe even more, but these two are very distinct), public and private. That's why people are often so surprised and stunned when someone turned out to have committed a murder.

Just FWIW and jmo.

RBBM

Elainera: Very well put. I can recall working with several people like this, who were then walked out by Security because they made threats against fellow workers.

Now that the Ex is in custody, does that mean the PI is done with the case? What I am asking is
the PI still have the authority to comment on the case? Just curious on how that works! Thanks!

these in chronological order:

-FB Crystal is happiest ever
-FB blocking SM
<modsnip>
-Crystal and Paul are official
-Sign at Paul's store
-Bumped off of cruise

Anyone have it? And include any I may be missing.

Regarding Paul, and his being so vocal with the media, I'm starting to think that LE left him alone to talk so much for a reason, maybe even encouraged him, because LE already knew it was the ex.

With all the mixups with the video timestamps and the colour of her dress, etc. people were questioning his involvement, the focus was on him, and as such the heat "appeared" to be off Steve. I have no doubt that Steve was following, reading everything. Had the focus been on Steve it may have spooked him and he could have been a flight risk.

I feel bad for Paul, he is another victim in this horrible case.

I agree. I think LE encouraged Paul to talk. No way would he go on FB and take questions from random people. He never hesitated to talk to media or the average person in a FB group.

I agree. I think LE encouraged Paul to talk. No way would he go on FB and take questions from random people. He never hesitated to talk to media or the average person in a FB group.
LE let him talk so they could focus on th ex, so he wouldn't flee. Also, I thought they allowed the ex to speak so freely to possibly make the ex show his true colors, trigger the ex!

these in chronological order:

-FB Crystal is happiest ever
-FB blocking SM
-<modsnip>
-Crystal and Paul are official
-Sign at Paul's store
-Bumped off of cruise

Anyone have it? And include any I may be missing.

Not 100% sure on this, but I think it goes as follows (I added the divorce in there).

<modsnip>

-Divorce made official (June)
-Crystal and Paul get together (Early August)
-Crystal blocks ex/ex is bumped off cruise (not entirely sure which came first)
-Crystal posts she is happiest ever on fb (August 23rd)
-Sign at Paul's store (August 25, day she went missing)

Not 100% sure on this, but I think it goes as follows (I added the divorce in there).

<modsnip>

-Divorce made official (June)
-Crystal and Paul get together (Early August)
-Crystal blocks ex/ex is bumped off cruise (not entirely sure which came first)
-Crystal posts she is happiest ever on fb (August 23rd)
-Sign at Paul's store (August 25, day she went missing)

Thank you Luckystar! My mind is spinning on what the details are. As is the case for all of us.

So far the various reports are not telling us anything new. They seem to be copied from one to another. Except for the one who had the Video surveillance tagged at SM. I imagine it will be corrected.

If anyone gets more reported details please post them with the direct link.

Thank you!

The Sheriff sort of stumbled on his words in response to the question about the children. I think they possibly saw and heard stuff they'll never forget. I think the children's interviews provided LE with specifics. TX Rangers knew what they were looking for. The Charged has not had access to his children due to early CPS intervention for a reason.

:rose: SMc can never hurt her again.

Curious where you heard/read about early CPS intervention? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the cops will have to file an official criminal complaint detailing the charges. Hopefully tomorrow?
I think you can request to view that yourself, or just wait for the media to release everything.

"I've never been happier in my whole life than I am right now," she wrote two days before she vanished. "God is so good."

Probably the final straw for the cucked ex-husband.

He didn't really love her. She was probably just his 'trophy' wife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if LE were staked out over the property or wherever he was in the case of him possibly fleeing.

There is a strong emphasis on the "very forthcoming interview" with him. Hmmm...does that mean he was very descriptive in an eerie way about what took place?? In an attempt to claim insanity...

Just thinking of the many possibilities...

I'm pretty sure the cops will have to file an official criminal complaint detailing the charges. Hopefully tomorrow?
I think you can request to view that yourself, or just wait for the media to release everything.

I keep waiting to hear something else from LE and then I remember it's Sunday and they are in no rush right now, with having the (alleged) killer in custody. I just hope he was the one who lead them to the body and he has taken responsibility for this horrible crime... but I'd still like to hear the backstory.

If he did confess, would LE have said something about that when they announced the charges? Or bc they only mentioned that he was charged (and will have a bail hearing) do we assume he did not confess? Then again he wouldn't have a bail hearing if he confessed... I'm confusing myself so sorry if this is a dumb question.

I truly hope those kids didn't see anything!!

In the 1850s Daniel Sickles claimed he was temporarily insane when he killed his wife's lover, and was acquitted. I wonder whether the defense will try something like this. Crime of passion, loved her so much, was so heartbroken and enraged when he found out about Paul, etc.

Has an attorney already been named?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member