CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is going to be a cop/military police or a cops kids in the Sacramento area. A Sacramento county sheriffs deputies kid would be my bet. His profile will be similar to a Westly Scott Roberts life. Check every deputy and cop in the towns hit and their sons, you will find him.

In March I figured out who DB Cooper was using a unique method. His real name was (modsnip), though the FBI hasn't confirmed it yet because of who Mr Klansnic was and because I'm just a nobody from Alabama. This E.A.R will be no different, he's somebody we will never expect and was somebody hiding in plain sight like LE or one of their kids. Search pictures, find people who fit description, add their locations and access to the areas of crime. It probably will not be a criminal, it will be a clean cut white guy in his early 60's that's either dead or living a quite normal life. We will find this guy this year!

In March I figured out who DB Cooper was using a unique method. His real name was James Klansnic, though the FBI hasn't confirmed it yet because of who Mr Klansnic was and because I'm just a nobody from Alabama.r!

This is pathetic and shameless slander of a dead man. Should be deleted from this site immediately. Let me guess you are a "nobody" who runs around in a minivan???

I was watching the show Paula Zahn did recently on this, and was shocked to see someone I knew in the sketches. During the 70's I was questioned by the EAR taskforce about a co-worker who worked nights by himself. When I came on in the morning we would talk, he was friendly. One morning he was freaked out and told me that he had been driving around about 3:00 am and stopped by an old friend's house. Because he wasn't sure the friend still lived there he was looking in the windows, when a neighbor saw him and called the cops. He was able to talk his way out of it, probably because he looked real clean-cut and was in a company van, but I didn't buy his story.

A few days later I was assigned to his van. I started to clean it out, and found a knife rolled up in a black ski mask under the seat. I turned it over to my boss who called the police. At that time I also relayed the peeping incident, and that's when the EAR taskforce got involved. Since nothing came of it I assumed he'd been cleared as a suspect and never gave it much more thought. Until 40 years later when I see that sketch. He's the one on the left. I'm curious how they came up with it, from a victim?

attachment.php

Attachments

• earsketch.jpg
    earsketch.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 285
I was watching the show Paula Zahn did recently on this, and was shocked to see someone I knew in the sketches. During the 70's I was questioned by the EAR taskforce about a co-worker who worked nights by himself. When I came on in the morning we would talk, he was friendly. One morning he was freaked out and told me that he had been driving around about 3:00 am and stopped by an old friend's house. Because he wasn't sure the friend still lived there he was looking in the windows, when a neighbor saw him and called the cops. He was able to talk his way out of it, probably because he looked real clean-cut and was in a company van, but I didn't buy his story.

A few days later I was assigned to his van. I started to clean it out, and found a knife rolled up in a black ski mask under the seat. I turned it over to my boss who called the police. At that time I also relayed the peeping incident, and that's when the EAR taskforce got involved. Since nothing came of it I assumed he'd been cleared as a suspect and never gave it much more thought. Until 40 years later when I see that sketch. He's the one on the left. I'm curious how they came up with it, from a victim?

attachment.php

I just want to say that this is the most genuinely intriguing post I've seen in this thread in quite a while. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I believe that sketch on the left was of someone seen at the Maggiore's murder. Submit a tip and tell your story Red Cross Jan.

I believe that sketch on the left was of someone seen at the Maggiore's murder. Submit a tip and tell your story Red Cross Jan.

I second Colette's suggestion. Thank you, Red Cross Jan, for sharing your story here!

What a chilling moment of recognition that must have been for you!

[emoji202]MOO

Just parroting what others have said, but please get this information to authorities, this is something worth following up on.

I definitely will do that. The part I don't understand is that anyone who questioned him had to see how much he resembled the sketch, it's like a snapshot. Or, maybe the sketch was done later. Perhaps he had been just one lead among hundreds, and fell through the cracks?

Someone else here mentioned hospital noises, and our job involved being in and out of hospitals all day and night.

Here is an age progression of one of the sketches done by an LE artist.

[video=youtube;bZg_r3gtrPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZg_r3gtrPA[/video]

Interesting. It's odd how much the sketches differ. To me the two on the right look like a different person, but the left is dead-on the guy I knew. He looked like a boy scout and could talk a good game, so I wasn't surprised the cops let him go that night. He was married too, but obviously had a very dark side.
This seems to be heating up again.

Interesting. It's odd how much the sketches differ. To me the two on the right look like a different person, but the left is dead-on the guy I knew. He looked like a boy scout and could talk a good game, so I wasn't surprised the cops let him go that night. He was married too, but obviously had a very dark side.
This seems to be heating up again.

Curious if at the time they interviewed his wife.

Thanks for sharing this info...chilling as it is to read.

I imagine they did interview the wife, but he was fired immediately when this came down. It kind of worried me because he knew it was me who told. Never saw him again and assumed he was cleared.

I imagine they did interview the wife, but he was fired immediately when this came down. It kind of worried me because he knew it was me who told. Never saw him again and assumed he was cleared.

Hi Jan. I just can't stop thinking about your initial post. I could very well be wrong, but I just have a feeling about what you have described. Everything about it fits, and the type of behavior and actions demonstrated by this individual really strikes a chord with me. I've always had the impression that the ONS was/is a person who is charming and extremely normal to everyone around him, except for times where his true character may slip through the cracks. Is there anything else about this person you can tell us?

I hope you have forwarded this information to authorities as well? I'd get in touch with the FBI too, as there's been a push to close this case recently.

Hi Jan, this could be the lead they need, I assume you remember his name?. Do you recall what month and year this occurred?. Just wondering if was around the time he started moving south..Thanks for sharing..

Jan, what an incredible experience. Do you remember his name or his wife's name? Not asking you to post them but would be great to give the police that info.
Lots of clues if that is his picture and he worked in a hospital.

Or, maybe the sketch was done later. Perhaps he had been just one lead among hundreds, and fell through the cracks?

I suppose that depends what "later" means. Was that peep/van/mask/knife thing before or after Feb 1978?

The sketch you recognized is one of two suspicious people sketched after the murder of Brian and Katie Maggiore in Rancho Cordova on 2 Feb 1978. For my money, if either sketch shows EAR/ONS, it's the other one, which compares better with other sketches of him than your guy does. Still, that would make your guy a firsthand associate of EAR/ONS, and EAR/ONS was also connected several times with a work van.

I don't know exactly when law enforcement started to believe EAR/ONS was connected with the Maggiore murders. (It's still debated whether the connection is real, but let's assume so.) It's possible they checked out your guy, ruled out that he was the rapist himself, and left it at that -- either because the murders hadn't happened yet, or because they didn't connect him to the Maggiores, or because they didn't connect the Maggiores to EAR/ONS yet. If they had made both of those links, hopefully they would have started studying your guy's friends.

Certainly there were hundreds and hundreds of leads on their desks at this time.

BTW, if your co-worker's initials were MRL, you're going to make a certain ONS/EAR buff very happy.

Someone else here mentioned hospital noises, and our job involved being in and out of hospitals all day and night.

That's a dead end. The "hospital noises" are actually dialogue from a TV movie. They are in the background of the "Gonna kill you" phone call, received 2 January 1978 by his first known victim (raped 17 June 1976), and they have been conclusively matched to "Breaking Up," the ABC Monday Night Movie that was on air at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saky