IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several people in the room. I have viewed the entire video several times.
Treading lightly due to TOS.

Understood. The "help me" voice is the exact same sounding voice as the music though. So whatever is happening the "help me" is a non factor in what I hear compared with the rest of the music in my mind.

Still willing to concede if someone wants to point out something I didn't hear.

Understood. The "help me" voice is the exact same sounding voice as the music though. So whatever is happening the "help me" is a non factor in what I hear compared with the rest of the music in my mind.

Now you have me curious and I will go recheck the video. The help me voice happens prior to the music being turned on. At least that's how I heard it. :thinking:

Now you have me curious and I will go recheck the video. The help me voice happens prior to the music being turned on. At least that's how I heard it. :thinking:

Also the video I saw that had the live streaming comments...people were already accusing them of killing her so she couldn't have been in the background screaming or asking for help. This is the video of the gal in the glasses with music playing red jacket man in reflection and the live feed of comments scrolling fast up the video.

I have instagram and when I shoot a live video people can comment as it's happening and it shows on top of my video with hearts streaming (periscope is similar). But once the story is over one can only comment down under the video and not on top of the video as its live streaming.

Does any of this make sense?

Only thing I can think of is that they thought they needed to have an alibi for her disappearance. They knew if they left her mom's car at the hotel and someone later found Kenneka, the police would first come looking for her friends who were at the party. Perhaps they thought by calling the mom and making it sound like Kenneka just got drunk and lost, it would make the whole thing seem like an accident.

Just a guess.

I agree that she thought she was being smart creating an alibi of sorts. If you take out whats happened to/what we think we hear happen to kenneka, it's the most boring live video of a "party" ever.

I agree that she thought she was being smart creating an alibi of sorts. If you take out whats happened to/what we think we hear happen to kenneka, it's the most boring live video of a "party" ever.

So true .....really boring. Making this video " after " the death would account for her bottom lip quivering at times then a quick smile.......sick people.

Makes me upset that rooms are being booked for such "parties". Where does the responsibility of the hotel begin and end? If the attendees are over 18 I suppose there's nothing a parent can do to prevent their child from attending.

I work in a hotel so I can answer this question: Some hotels have 18+ rentals and some have 21+ age restrictions. But unless the renting party is truthful about how many people are going into the room and the ages of everyone in the room, we have to "trust" that guests aren't going to sneak people in who shouldn't be there.

*spoiler alert* guests do this all the time. All hotels have multiple entrances and exits and so the only people we're responsible for are the people who show up on our guest registry. This is why we TRY to keep an ear on anything that sounds like a party. There's actually an extra charge for locals at many hotels because of parties. We don't want to clean it up and we don't want our traveling guests to have to put up with the noise and we try to keep illegal activities off our property.

However many hotels are understaffed and their workers underpaid so sometimes these parties go undetected unless someone complains.

As a hotel worker what makes me sick is one of the girls in that video worked for the hotel. I just felt nausated when I read that.

I am dating myself here but back in the mid to late 80's, we use to have hotel parties, I mean packed....50th floor of the IDS building MPLS, these would go on on the weekends after bar closing time. Looking back, I have no idea why they did not get broken up, easily at least 100 plus people.

The problem with all the social media on this case is you have people from all over the US, adding their two cents and even further. There is basically a handful of players that were stupid enough to post and then delete only to have left multiple screen captions, then there are fake screen captions.

Yeah a lot will need to be sorted out, but a couple of people being outed as participants do not really add up unless they are smarter than the other ones.

Poor family that has to deal with this as it is a mess on SM and her mom is quite active on sm herself.

As for the video, I did try to watch it, I could not out of BOREDOM, I did play the 3;00 to 3.11 part multiple times and at 3:08 appear to be a wimpy/muffled help me but as for the so called expert analysis that is being done by you tubers, you can not buy any of that.

I am dating myself here but back in the mid to late 80's, we use to have hotel parties, I mean packed....50th floor of the IDS building MPLS, these would go on on the weekends after bar closing time. Looking back, I have no idea why they did not get broken up, easily at least 100 plus people.

The problem with all the social media on this case is you have people from all over the US, adding their two cents and even further. There is basically a handful of players that were stupid enough to post and then delete only to have left multiple screen captions, then there are fake screen captions.

Yeah a lot will need to be sorted out, but a couple of people being outed as participants do not really add up unless they are smarter than the other ones.

Poor family that has to deal with this as it is a mess on SM and her mom is quite active on sm herself.

As for the video, I did try to watch it, I could not out of BOREDOM, I did play the 3;00 to 3.11 part multiple times and at 3:08 appear to be a wimpy/muffled help me but as for the so called expert analysis that is being done by you tubers, you can not buy any of that.

Agree about social media on this story. This is a good example why mods don't allow it here. There are so many rumors, modifications to video, etc. going on its difficult to understand what appears or is heard in the video. It's hard to even know if it was filmed on the same day. The local Fox reporter mentioned in an earlier thread said the same and is investigating it before she draws any conclusions. I suspect some of the people who were at the party are commenting on these videos, but we'll have to let LE sort that out. It's difficult for the public to sort out which SM commenters were actual witnesses.

One question I have is that news media reports Kenneka was seen on security video stumbling/walking somewhere near the lobby. If true, it means she was still alive when she left the room and seems to indicate no one was with her.

1. She was alone at that time wandering the hotel and accidentally ended up in the freezer

2. Someone was with her, but out of the camera frame, took her to the freezer

3. Someone found her wandering the hotel, took her back to the party room, later took her to the freezer

Has it been reported where the construction area was in relation to the lobby?

This article says investigators told Kenneka's mother that she stumbled into an employee lounge, which was near the empty freezer

http://allblackmedia.com/2017/09/19...-kenneka-jenkins-found-dead-in-hotel-freezer/

Newsweek article which mentions the video on social media

http://www.newsweek.com/kenneka-jenkins-video-chicago-rosemont-police-663318

I call BS on this one. Why? Because all hotel employee lounges are only accessible by key, so unless the girl that was in the video who worked at the hotel had a master key and the victim took it, a basic room key wouldn't open it. Why are our lounges protected? Simple really, the employee lounge is usually the locker room as well where we keep our valuables while we're on shift. You can't just stumble into the employee lounge.

The lounge at the hotel I worked at previous to the one I'm at now was so difficult to get to and get in to that I think I went in it twice in the entire time I worked there.

I don't know if I hear 'help me', but I have seen a few different posts in regards to the song she started playing right after we possibly hear 'help me' the sound we hear, whether it is help me or something else, is not a part of that song. I listened to it last night, but can't recall the name as i found it via a fb link.
Also there is another video on fb and YouTube that a guy named Chris, who is a sound engineer as his profession put out. He isolates the 'vocals' from certain parts of the video, and clears up background noise etc. the whole time he is doing this has his camera pointed right at his computer screen so you can see what he's doing, he tells you step by step what he's doing, so you can see he's not making it up. It did help clarify other parts of the video, too, it doesn't just focus on the possible 'help me'. I will see if I can find a msm link for this video, but I am thinking it'll be picked up sooner or later. Sorry if this info has already been posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What bothers me the most and that I find very odd is how soon she was reported missing by the best friend.. now I know that people always say you should report them missing as soon as possible without delaying it, however.. I feel like almlst every case I've read with missing persons example Christina Morris case, Hannah graham and Morgan Harrington for an example it always came with a delay, like as if the friends thought oh they will come back .. etc .. maybe it's just me but for her to call her mom like that so soon throws me off just a tad bit. Like I said I know in each case we say that is what you should do but I personally I agree but in reality I feel like it just doesn't go that way in certain cases. Does that make sense to y'all what I'm trying to say? Maybe I watch too much id channel but seems that way

What bothers me the most and that I find very odd is how soon she was reported missing by the best friend.. now I know that people always say you should report them missing as soon as possible without delaying it, however.. I feel like almlst every case I've read with missing persons example Christina Morris case, Hannah graham and Morgan Harrington for an example it always came with a delay, like as if the friends thought oh they will come back .. etc .. maybe it's just me but for her to call her mom like that so soon throws me off just a tad bit. Like I said I know in each case we say that is what you should do but I personally I agree but in reality I feel like it just doesn't go that way in certain cases. Does that make sense to y'all what I'm trying to say? Maybe I watch too much id channel but seems that way

RSBM

Good points.
Many questions here. It seems like an alibi was being set up.

Most hotels have sec. cams in the hallways showing who enters/exits a room.

So where's the video showing Kenneka leaving the room-- and was she alone , with others-- or did others follow her a few minutes later ???
The cameras are the most reliable witnesses we have at this point.
:moo:

So is the gist of this that supposedly her friend brought her to the hotel knowing someone was going to assault and kill her? I can't figure it out.

I might be in the minority here, but I think she really did just stumble into the freezer thinking it was an elevator or the door to the room. Being young and having too much to drink causes things like this to happen. Hell, I've been there - just not to this extent.

True. The cameras somewhere should have picked up something. I guess there is a way where you can walk in a freezer and it be an accident but what bothers me is the fact if she was that "drunk", I feel like she would have a hard time getting it open bc most of them u have to jerk pretty hard to get open. Even if that was the case, its crazy that she go From 9ish floors to the basement. Walk in there and get stuck. I thought I read that it wasn't being used.. unless it stayed on the entire time which I guess its possible but then again I would think it made no sense for her to go and turn on the freezer herself.

If I was her mom or other family member-- I'd fight to see the hotel sec. footage.
Never mind what people are saying--- as bad as it is -- the cameras won't lie.
Unless they've been tampered with. ...and isn't that detectable ?
Bothers me that one of the group might be an employee of the hotel.
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member