Found Deceased France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAËLYS: SUSPECT WAS NOT INVITED TO THE WEDDING BUT SOLD COCAINE THERE

7SUR7
http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1505/Mon...au-mariage-mais-y-a-vendu-de-la-cocaine.dhtml

Nordahl L., the main suspect following the disappearance of Maëlys (9 years old), should never have been at the wedding. But the man pressed the bride and groom, who finally accepted. In "exchange", he promised to bring cocaine and used it himself.

Nordahl L. was not on the list of 180 guests at the wedding where Maëlys disappeared, according to Paris Match. But the man who will become suspect number one insisted a little too heavy. He was then told to come to the wine of honour after the ceremony at the church. As a thank you, he offered to bring cocaine to the guests after dessert. He sold some to a few guests.

On the famous night of August 26-27, Nordahl returns to the wedding between midnight and 1am. He does his small business but it is mainly his behaviour with the children that raises questions. "Obviously, he did not behave appropriately with them," a source close to the investigation says in Paris Match. "The suspect was seen by many witnesses in the room where the children slept under the baby-sitter's eye. In this secluded room, he was talking to Maëlys and showing her pictures of his dogs on his mobile phone, one of the little girl's passions."

At about 1h30, the nanny who looked after the children left the premises. Maëlys, on the other hand, does not sleep and still talks with her grandmother around 2:45 am. She was the last person to see her.

At 3:00 in the morning, his parents start looking for her. At 3:10 a. m., the DJ makes an announcement to report the child's disappearance. The mother has a bad feeling and immediately thinks of abduction.

All the wedding guests start looking for Maëlys. Except Nordahl L., who claims to be ill from alcohol and is accompanied by a friend to the toilet. He claims that Nordahl pretended to vomit.

When the gendarmes arrived around 4am, Nordahl had disappeared. So has Maëlys.

BBM

Since he was selling drugs, it comes as no surprise that he disappeared before the gendarmes arrived.

According to Paris Match he wasn't so bold as to openly offer to bring cocaine, he spoke about 'friandises':
Paris Match:
http://www.parismatch.com/Actu/Fait...-Nordahl-un-suspect-aux-nerfs-d-acier-1346783

Give and take ": if they let him come back after dessert then he would bring "some sweet treats"... Those who know him knew what he was talking about. Cocaine. It was known that he "deals" from time to time.

BBM

With the many searches of the area spanning 2 weeks and yielding no results I begin to wonder - are they fairly sure that she is deceased? Is it possible that he passed her on (sold her) to someone else rather than killing her and hiding her so well in a relatively short amount of time?

They are both posibilities, I'm not sure if they covered a lot of ground with cadaver and scent dogs because it is not always easy to spot an unmarked grave.
He could've have had accomplishes also of course and sold her or handed her over to someone else.
I believe witnesses from the party said he seemed indifferent when people told him the girl was missing.
Personally I think he done something to her himself and that is why his shorts are missing.

MAËLYS: SUSPECT WAS NOT INVITED TO THE WEDDING BUT SOLD COCAINE THERE

7SUR7
http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1505/Mon...au-mariage-mais-y-a-vendu-de-la-cocaine.dhtml

Nordahl L., the main suspect following the disappearance of Maëlys (9 years old), should never have been at the wedding. But the man pressed the bride and groom, who finally accepted. In "exchange", he promised to bring cocaine and used it himself.

Nordahl L. was not on the list of 180 guests at the wedding where Maëlys disappeared, according to Paris Match. But the man who will become suspect number one insisted a little too heavy. He was then told to come to the wine of honour after the ceremony at the church. As a thank you, he offered to bring cocaine to the guests after dessert. He sold some to a few guests.

On the famous night of August 26-27, Nordahl returns to the wedding between midnight and 1am. He does his small business but it is mainly his behaviour with the children that raises questions. "Obviously, he did not behave appropriately with them," a source close to the investigation says in Paris Match. "The suspect was seen by many witnesses in the room where the children slept under the baby-sitter's eye. In this secluded room, he was talking to Maëlys and showing her pictures of his dogs on his mobile phone, one of the little girl's passions."

At about 1h30, the nanny who looked after the children left the premises. Maëlys, on the other hand, does not sleep and still talks with her grandmother around 2:45 am. She was the last person to see her.

At 3:00 in the morning, his parents start looking for her. At 3:10 a. m., the DJ makes an announcement to report the child's disappearance. The mother has a bad feeling and immediately thinks of abduction.

All the wedding guests start looking for Maëlys. Except Nordahl L., who claims to be ill from alcohol and is accompanied by a friend to the toilet. He claims that Nordahl pretended to vomit.

When the gendarmes arrived around 4am, Nordahl had disappeared. So has Maëlys.

BBM

Since he was selling drugs, it comes as no surprise that he disappeared before the gendarmes arrived.

According to Paris Match he wasn't so bold as to openly offer to bring cocaine, he spoke about 'friandises':

BBM

It depends on whether he still had cocaine in his possesion though and it still doesn't explain why he pretends to be ill instead of helping other wedding guests search for the girl. Or why he pretends to be sick at the time she goes missing and dissapears at the time she goes missing since he seemed so interested in the little girl before.
But "tonton" suddenly didnt seem interested after she went missing.
Also the police weren't there for cocaine but for a missing child.
So as a drugs dealer he didn't really have much to fear unless he was involved because they werent there to arrest people for possession or distribution but solely to offer support in finding the missing child something he didnt seem interested in at all.
Which is strange to say the least since he had shown such a profound interest in the little girl before she dissapeares and groomed her to call him friend and uncle.

SUSPECT FILMED AT CAR WASH

BFMTV
http://www.bfmtv.com/police-justice...e-lavage-au-lendemain-du-mariage-1255980.html

It is a compromising element that reinforces investigators' suspicions about the main suspect in the case of Maëlys' disappearance. The 34-year-old, who was indicted on 3 September, was videotaped by a video surveillance camera at a car wash station the day after the wedding party, where the child was last seen.

According to our information, on Sunday, 27 August, at around 5 p. m., the man, a former soldier and friend of the groom's, was filmed cleaning his vehicle from top to bottom for an hour and a half. He is seen focussing over and over again on certain parts of his car.

BBM

http://m.parismatch.com/Actu/Faits-...-Nordahl-un-suspect-aux-nerfs-d-acier-1346783

Here's the source article for the 7 sur 7 article that ZaZara has just kindly posted and translated.

There's quite a lot of background information on NL, most of which we already knew but with more details. Not that they are of any help.

- the drugs incidents we already heard about were in May 2004 & December 2005 while he was in the army, and in a military zone (likely on base, IMO)

- his army discharge was for psychological reasons *and drugs*

- Several witnesses (not just Maelys' mother) noticed him hanging around the children's room and Maelys

- the information about him pretending to be ill comes from an investigator

Apparently there's a part 2 to the article which is available in the print edition of Paris Match, I'll see if I can find it in the paying section on their site.

BFMTV
http://www.bfmtv.com/police-justice...e-lavage-au-lendemain-du-mariage-1255980.html

It is a compromising element that reinforces investigators' suspicions about the main suspect in the case of Maëlys' disappearance. The 34-year-old, who was indicted on 3 September, was videotaped by a video surveillance camera at a car wash station the day after the wedding party, where the child was last seen.

According to our information, on Sunday, 27 August, at around 5 p. m., the man, a former soldier and friend of the groom's, was filmed cleaning his vehicle from top to bottom for an hour and a half. He is seen focussing over and over again on certain parts of his car.

BBM

From the same article: he also cancelled his phone contract on Monday 28th August (that would be the phone he forgot to mention to LE). He cancelled because it wasn't working properly, according to his lawyer...

http://www.ledauphine.com/faits-divers/2017/09/14/maelys-les-parents-recus-par-les-juges-nizc

More details on the discrepancies in NL's statements about his phones:

Lors de sa première garde à vue, ce dernier avait omis d’évoquer l’existence d’un second téléphone portable, prétextant qu’il était en cours de résiliation avait alors précisé son avocat. Cependant, cette demande de résiliation ne serait intervenue qu’au début de la semaine suivant le mariage. Si le premier téléphone aurait été partiellement éteint au cours de la soirée, ce second portable aurait été en fonctionnement cette nuit-là, déclenchant des antennes relais alors que le trentenaire affirmait être à ce même instant au mariage. Cette nouvelle contradiction s’ajoute à de nombreux éléments troublants...

"During his first period in custody, the latter had failed to mention the existence of a second mobile phone, on the pretext that the contract was in the process of being terminated, according to his lawyer.

However, the cancellation request only happened at the beginning of the week following the marriage. While the first phone was turned off at some times during the evening [wedding reception 9/27], this second device was in operation that night, triggering cellphone relay antennas during the time the suspect said he was at the wedding reception.

This new contradiction only adds to the already numerous troubling elements..."

BBM

From the same article: he also cancelled his phone contract on Monday 28th August (that would be the phone he forgot to mention to LE). He cancelled because it wasn't working properly, according to his lawyer...

They expand the article as they go!
When I first saw the report, BREAKING! there were only those two paragraphs about the car wash. The image of the suspect cleaning the same spots over and over again, one hour and a half.... creeps...

SUSPECT FILMED AT CAR WASH NEAR HIS HOME

Le Dauphine
http://www.ledauphine.com//faits-divers/2017/09/14/maelys-les-parents-recus-par-les-juges-nizc

A car wash station, located near the suspect's home, attracts the full attention of investigators. It was there that, the day after the wedding, during which the girl disappeared, the ex-serviceman washed and thoroughly cleaned his Audi A3.
A scene of almost an hour and a half, which was filmed by a surveillance camera. The images are in the possession of the gendarmes. According to information from the Dauphiné Libéré, the investigators took different samples at the station. A trace of blood was found, but it wouldn't match Maëlys.

BBM

They expand the article as they go!
When I first saw the report, BREAKING! there were only those two paragraphs about the car wash. The image of the suspect cleaning the same spots over and over again, one hour and a half.... creeps...

I've noticed this before with DL, they sometimes publish an early summary, then the full article later. Or they do a "running updates" throughout the day type thing.

SECOND PHONE OF SUSPECT PINGED AT VARIOUS CELL TOWERS IN THE AREA

Le Dauphine
http://www.ledauphine.com//faits-divers/2017/09/14/maelys-les-parents-recus-par-les-juges-nizc

The second telephone the suspect initially omitted to mention to the investigators was, according to his statements, dedicated to his activity as a dog educator. An activity that the ex-military had created before putting an end to it a few months later. According to the information of the Dauphiné Libéré, Nordhal Lelandais terminated this phone line on the Monday following the marriage. A cancellation that took effect a few days later. It was this phone that "pinged" on various cell towers in the area while the thirty-year-old assured that he was in the Pont-de-Beauvoisin party hall at the very moment. When questioned, he would have justified "his movements" were for the purpose of fetching drugs.

BBM

BFMTV

BBM

More info from the video, via 7SUR7.be
http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1505/Mon...veaux-elements-qui-accablent-le-suspect.dhtml

"In these images, he can be seen in particular busy for a very long time on the front door, passenger side. We also see him spraying a caustic cleaner in the trunk, a product that is usually used to clean wheels and has the distinctive feature of repelling dogs and deceiving their sense of smell," according to the BFM TV news channel.

BBM

DISAPPEARANCE OF MAËLYS: THE SUSPECT IN PRISON REPEATES HIS STRONGEST DENIALS

France Info
http://france3-regions.francetvinfo...plie-ses-denegations-plus-fortes-1327947.html

The suspect, who is being held "in solitary confinement" in Varces, near Grenoble, received a visit from his mother.

According to her, he repeated "his strongest denials, which he has always done," according to his lawyer Bernard Méraud.

BBM

BFMTV

BBM

My car gets very dirty, and I mean DIRTY, and I have never spent an hour and a half cleaning it ever. Very hinky.

Sorry I realised I just posted a link that had been posted before! Thanks to everyone who is keeping up to speed on this story :loveyou:

The new details that have come out are quite damning I have to say... for a while I thought that NL might be looking guilty because of his drug dealings, but the more information comes out the more I am convinced that he did it. There is just too much, the fingerprints in the car, the 2nd phone beeping everywhere, pretending to throw up and leaving before the gendarmes arrived, his attitude towards the children at the wedding that several guests noticed, just the fact that he was in the kids room at all is creepy!

More info from the video, via 7SUR7.be
http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1505/Mon...veaux-elements-qui-accablent-le-suspect.dhtml

"In these images, he can be seen in particular busy for a very long time on the front door, passenger side. We also see him spraying a caustic cleaner in the trunk, a product that is usually used to clean wheels and has the distinctive feature of repelling dogs and deceiving their sense of smell," according to the BFM TV news channel.

BBM

One aspect I'm getting from that video report, is that NL's lawyer is insisting that the evidence so far (apart from the DNA trace, & he doesn't seem to be commenting on that - make of it what you will...) is circumstantial/coincidence.

And looking at all this through as objective a lens as I can: he's right, it IS circumstantial, especially if one looks at each element individually.

However, there is a limit to how much circumstantial evidence/coincidence I can swallow as each and every bit of circumstantial (not to mention discrepancies and changing versions of NL's stories) evidence piles up and up and up... & "fits" when taken collectively.

The car wash CCTV thing: an hour and a half? Yeah, that's not good :(

A) we already read statements from brother & a friend about how "maniac" (focussed is probably a less emotively charged word) NL is about his car and keeping it clean. IMO, it's unlikely it would be so dirty it would take that long to clean it up if it were just to sell it...

B) That's a long time to spend cleaning the car at a car wash (where one pays to use it). I *might* buy the story if he'd cleaned/washed/waxed/titivated the car at home for an hour & a half, *if* it didn't coincide with lies/changing "explanations"/being a suspect in a missing child case :( :( :(.

Sorry I realised I just posted a link that had been posted before! Thanks to everyone who is keeping up to speed on this story :loveyou:

The new details that have come out are quite damning I have to say... for a while I thought that NL might be looking guilty because of his drug dealings, but the more information comes out the more I am convinced that he did it. There is just too much, the fingerprints in the car, the 2nd phone beeping everywhere, pretending to throw up and leaving before the gendarmes arrived, his attitude towards the children at the wedding that several guests noticed, just the fact that he was in the kids room at all is creepy!

vavavoom: NO NEED to apologize. It's better that a link or article gets posted twice than it being missed or overlooked!

SUSPECT TRANSFERRED TO OTHER PRISON AFTER NUMEROUS DEATH THREATS FROM INMATES

Europe1.fr
http://www.europe1.fr/societe/maely...-de-mort-de-ses-codetenus-3436472#xtor=CS1-16

The only suspect in the case of Maëlys' disappearance was transferred from prison on Thursday, the prison administration told the Dauphiné Libéré.

Since his incarceration ten days ago in the wake of his indictment for abduction and sequestration, the man was the target of numerous death threats from his fellow inmates at the Varces prison in Isère.

Thus, the prison administration decided to transfer him to ensure his safety. The 34-year-old ex-military man is now detained at the Saint-Quentin-Fallavier penitentiary centre in Isère and placed in solitary confinement.

BBM

:jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members