My guess on who they are and why no one is looking for them

I think there are 2 different sets of people going on in those threads above.

If you put this one: http://colectivoepprosario.blogspot.com/2009/09/yves-marie-alain-domergue-fue.html

into Google Chrome and translate it, I think you'll see what I mean.

Is that image at the bottom of the page of different people?

That first image is identical to our John Doe here. Wow. It says they were abducted in September 1976 from Argentina. Circumstances seem unlikely (although, to be fair, they don't seem too sure about the 'abduction'. Perhaps they escaped?) but the resemblance is uncanny. He's even french.

However... http://colectivoepprosario.blogspot.com/2010/07/el-eaaf-identifico-los-restos-de-yves.html

That seems to say that their bodies had been found years ago and unidentified, but have since been ID'd, which would definitely rule them out.

I think that's correct, Angie4b1g - the post that says that their remains were identified was written about a year later than the one that says they are missing.

And I agree - the men look so very much alike. If this was a tv show, Yves would have an identical twin that escaped to the US.

they are actually the same couple in both articles, they (as many other argentinians and some foreigners) went missing during the years of the junta and their remains have just recently being ID'ed

yves and cristina were kidnapped, possibly tortured and murdered in 1976. the argentinian government at the time had no concerns regarding human rights

lupus est homini *advertiser censored*, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

You know, the Argentinean couple really DOES look like them, especially in that last link.

I had always wondered if perhaps this was an honor killing of two people who had run away from their respective families together. I'm sure honor crimes happened in the US in the 70's too, we just didn't really know what they were then.

I wonder what's become of the remains in this case - or samples from the autopsy. You know, they do have ways of testing bone to gauge the area of the globe in which someone was raised. I remember that either Interpol or Scotland Yard used that tech to find the home country of a child who was found dismembered in a canal in the UK.

I'm pretty sure he was mentioned already, but I don't know if he was officially ruled out. In fact, I don't think I saw a rule-out list for our couple.

Attachments

• 51718_1_fullwide_1309201213st11x.jpg
    51718_1_fullwide_1309201213st11x.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 57
  • sff12-ago-008.jpg
    sff12-ago-008.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 59
  • sff12-ago-005.jpg
    sff12-ago-005.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 54
The attached photo, though grainy, shows what appear to be the two moles.
If you compare Maria's hairline to the UID, you can see that Maria has a slight widow's peak, the UID's hairline is absolutely straight

1976 darlington sc race was sept. 5th, could they have been following the racing circuit?

1976 darlington sc race was sept. 5th, could they have been following the racing circuit?

Yes. There was a 4th of July race in Daytona and I think the Alamba race was right during that time frame. I do remember there was a Camel GT race there the day before the cup race but I'm not sure about Darlington or Daytona.
I had read somewhere that the 76 Sebring race was canceled due to the gas crisis but then sometime later I came across the results for it, so that must not have been accurate. Anyway that would have been in the spring.
You wouldn't think someone would hang around that area for that long just to wait on a Labor day race at Darlinton. But then again it was the bicentennial summer so there were probably all kind of events at a venue like that.
It's definitely possible they were going from track to track. If they were camping at Santee like one witness believed is it possible that they went to another campsite? There are campsites at Darlington Raceway and all around it.
I still believe hurricane Belle could have something to do with this case. Either directly or indirectly. If they were camping maybe they decided to find better shelter or come inland aways. Someone could have offered them help or shelter to get them in a bad situation. Or maybe they offered someone help and it turned out to be some bad people.

This is my first post. I have done a lot of research on this unidentified couple and am fascinated. It is so hard to believe they have not been identified in all these years. I don't think their murder will ever be solved but I am hoping they will be identified.
Here is my take:
I am inclined to shy away from the Canadian theory. Firstly, I am not certain the report of meeting Jock Doe at the KOA was factual. Why did it take this man so long to come forward? Why wasn't there reports from other campers or people from the area that remembered them? I would think this young attractive couple would have stood out to people. They say Jane Doe was exceptionally pretty....people (especially men) would have noticed her and remembered her. But, there is only one man who said he thinks he recognized them as guests that were staying at the KOA...and he came forward after a length of time. Just doesn't add up to me. Also, I have a hard time believing that if they were in fact Canadian that someone would not have come forward and said they knew them- a friend, acquaintance, classmate... somebody.

Through DNA testing, they have been proven to be unrelated. But, their features were so similar that at one time it was thought they may be brother and sister. This makes me to think they were from the same ethnicity. Their olive skin tones could point to South America. Taking all this into account, I keep coming back to the missing Argentine couple, Maria Marta Vasquez and Cesar Lungones.

I know this theory is weak to some people because Maria Marta was supposedly pregnant. But, this has never been proved and was only said on the basis of one person's testimony. The man who made these statements was named Scilingo and he was an Argentinian military official. Scilingo made the statements about Maria Marta being pregnant and giving birth after looking at a picture her mother showed him. I have read that he later recanted that statement anyway and he was a total flake. Because there is no real proof and possibly recanted statements, Maria Marta's pregnancy and purported baby son may be just conjecture. I have read suggestions that Cesar's brother was friends with a priest (Christian Von Wernich) that was complicit in the kidnappings and murders of the desaperacidos and that Von Wernich arranged for them to be exiled to the US.

The timeline adds up as do many other things. I have read many places that Jock Doe appears to have come from an affluent family. His elaborate dental work is one of the reasons cited. But, if he was raised in an upper class family, how did his teeth get bad enough that he would need a whole mouth restoration? Experts have said the dental work was most likely not done outside the USA. This also fits with the Argentine couple- the work was done in South America. Also, it would explain why the work was only half way completed. Maria Marta and Cesar were kidnapped and exiled- preventing the completion of the dental work.

The biggest reason that I think they are the Argentine couple is the pictures. The know pictures of Maria Marta and Cesar are so so very similar, I find it hard to come to any other conclusion. Look at this picture of Cesar compared to the crime scene photo of the unidentified. Their body type is exactly the same....long and skinny. Maria matched the death photos of our Jane Doe to a tee also. SOmeone has pointed out that Maria Marta has a widows peak and the unidentified Jane Doe does not. BUt if you look at this picture of Maria Marta, the widow's peak is not there. Could she have held on side of her hair up with some kind of clip or bobby pin? The pictures are so grainy, it is hard to tell.

The really frustrating part of all this is that it would be so easy to rule them out and make us go back to the drawing boar . They must have some family that could provide DNA to compare The family could simply confirm or deny that Maria Marta had moles on her face and calf or that Cesar had surgery on his shoulder at one time.

Attachments

• IMG_2994.jpg
    IMG_2994.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2993.jpg
    IMG_2993.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2990.JPG
    IMG_2990.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 88
I suppose it would be possible to somehow escape military arrest and end up in North America, stranger things than that have happened. But there are close up pictures available for Jane Doe and Maria Marta. Maria doesn't have moles on her face and to me it's proof enough that she isn't this Jane Doe. I do agree that the resemblance is crazy and it makes me believe both couples come from the same ethnic background.
I also agree with you about the KOA thing. It's literally just one witness who could be remembering things wrong. He claimed he was friends with Jock but wasn't even sure about his name. And he didn't say a word about Jane. Weird.

Who says they escaped?

Presence of absence of a mole isn't close to proof. Moles come and go.

I thought Maria Martha was pregnant and gave birth in December 1976. Wouldn't that rule them out?

I thought Maria Martha was pregnant and gave birth in December 1976. Wouldn't that rule them out?

No one knows that. One source says she gave birth in December. Another says January. You don't give birth twice in consecutive months. When you are getting conflicting reports like that then it all starts to stink. But what every source says is that she disappeared May 14th, 1976.

No one knows that. One source says she gave birth in December. Another says January. You don't give birth twice in consecutive months. When you are getting conflicting reports like that then it all starts to stink. But what every source says is that she disappeared May 14th, 1976.
Ahhh, ok. Thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back