Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to middle and highschool with her and remained friends on facebook but I didn't know her well. I know TT's family because of where we grew up and my husbands cousin his his (no relation to us). I will look to get verified after work.

Almost seems that she was murdered in his vehicle and he was maybe going to leave her in b'more then changed that plan and left her in field in property that wasn't his friends but an ajoining property.

I think he wanted to take the gun to Baltimore to ditch or sell.

Tweet from Jackie Bensen (reporter for NBC in the DC area):

Jackie Bensen @jackiebensen 10 minutes ago
Friend said Laura Wallen thought he was about to propose, instead he's charged with her murder #bringwallenhome
Late to the thread. This sentence breaks my heart. Should be extra punishment for this kind of deceitfulness. She thought he was proposing....instead this beautiful, young teacher with a baby on the way was buried in the woods, in a shallow grave. I say fire up Ole Sparky. I'm sick of pregnant women being endangered just for carrying life's most precious miracles.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Every time that I come to check-in, there is more repugnant [emoji90] about this toilet bowl scum. Working in a prison, I see a lot. Therefore, I can assure you that this pussycat will get it threefold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another beautiful, classy and intelligent woman. I can't understand how they can be fooled by these losers.
I think it's the liars talent. People want to see the good in others. Especially teachers who are trained to bring out the best in us (my belief). It's not that she was a bad judge of character, it's more that he is an accomplished, very good psychopath. Beware of any good person that gets in a psychopaths way. I'll bet he had everyone fooled, although some will say in hindsight that they got "funny" feelings about him. I think not. Jmo, moo. Very sad.

I think it's the liars talent. People want to see the good in others. Especially teachers who are trained to bring out the best in us (my belief). It's not that she was a bad judge of character, it's more that he is an accomplished, very good psychopath. Beware of any good person that gets in a psychopaths way. I'll bet he had everyone fooled, although some will say in hindsight that they got "funny" feelings about him. I think not. Jmo, moo. Very sad.

I don't know about that - both her friend and her family have gone on record as saying that they argued over Laura's relationship with TT, so I'd say that Laura's family and friend were not fooled. Her dad said it was the "only" thing they ever fought about.

Well, I'll admit that he had me fooled at the press conference. Part of that was her parents, though, and their brilliant acting like they were a united front by holding his hand/patting him on the back. I figured his lack of clear answers about their relationship just meant they were a "friends with benefits" situation and he was a long time family friend. Ashley Banfield interviewed someone on her show about the media response to his words at the PC and many reporters were fooled by him as well, believing he was nervous and emotional because his girlfriend was missing. All the time he was actually nervous and upset because he KNEW where she was!

ETA: here is the transcript from last night's show: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1709/14/ptab.01.html

I'm just thinking out loud here. I'm so upset about Laura, as we all are. I live a life similar to Laura, although I'm a little older. I work a great job and have great friends. I'm involved with teenagers because I have a 16 year old son from a previous marriage. I'm divorced. My son's friends love me.

I have had "friends with benefits" relationships. I have known that the man I was sleeping with played the field and was not the commitment type. I'm a big girl. I make my own choices. I pay my own bills. Because of my son, I don't have sleepovers at my house, but other than that, I could be Laura. I've often thought "friends with benefits" guy would some day settle down with me. I've known him practically my whole life. I mean, geez, if I were pregnant, and my hormones were raging, I would probably the want "benefits" guy. Heck, more often than, he tells me loves me, sends me sweet texts - then cancels plans. Whatever... I feel in control of my part of the relationship and don't lose sleep when he goes MIA. Again, my choice.

Laura did not deserve this. I'm angry. She looked for the good in people, shaped young lives, and lived her life the way she chose. Rest in Peace Beautiful Laura.

Well, I'll admit that he had me fooled at the press conference. Part of that was her parents, though, and their brilliant acting like they were a untied front by holding his hand/patting him on the back. I figured his lack of clear answers about their relationship just meant they were a "friends with benefits" situation and he was a long time family friend. Ashley Banfield interviewed someone on her show about the media response to his words at the PC and many reporters were fooled by him as well, believing he was nervous and emotional because his girlfriend was missing. All the time he was actually nervous and upset because he KNEW where she was!

ETA: here is the transcript from last night's show: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1709/14/ptab.01.html

You're right, Gardener. I don't think he had ANY intention of speaking at that press conference, but LE railroaded him into it through their manipulation tactics. He was sweating bullets. You could see it happen just as soon as Laura's father took the podium. He knew he was up next and was a bundle of nerves. Coward!

So they are still searching for the gun. Surely the fiancee's home will also be under scrutiny now. I wonder whether she will speak publicly. I'd like to hear from her.

Oh my gosh! Me too! I want to know what she knew about laura and the baby, when she found out, etc.. I hope this wasn't her idea.

Oh my gosh! Me too! I want to know what she knew about laura and the baby, when she found out, etc.. I hope this wasn't her idea.

I don't think the fiance had anything to do with it because if she had, then he would have called her to pick him up from where he ditched Laura's car. And she also could have taken him to Baltimore. Instead he called/texted two other friends and those friends told police about his shady actions.

What I don't understand is, why he went to Laura's father asking him for "permission" (is this really still a thing in the US?) to marry Laura, why he went to prenatal classes and ultrasounds with her, why he told her he's gonna buy a plot and build a house, etc ... After all this, OF COURSE she will expect a proposal, getting married, settling down with him. Why did he do all this if he had no intention to follow through? Instead he lived with another woman, apparently proposed to her, and had a third one on the sly. It's mind boggling. Obviously this guy has issues with honesty and commitment. It's not uncommon, of course, but this is extreme imo!

I don't think the fiance had anything to do with it because if she had, then he would have called her to pick him up from where he ditched Laura's car. And she also could have taken him to Baltimore. Instead he called/texted two other friends and those friends told police about his shady actions.

Good point.

Nevertheless, I feel LE should make a statement about her. Is she a POI or completely innocent in this tragedy? Otherwise rumors and accusations will soon fly, especially with her name released in the media.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular and I'm sure we are mostly in agreement about this , but I cringe when physical appearance of a perpetrator becomes a focus of conversation. I just hate how it reinforces society's standards of beauty that often leave people (women, in particular) susceptible to the kind of monster TT is. JMO.

Great points!! I hope you are right. That would make this case even more horrible than it already is.

Great points!! I hope you are right. That would make this case even more horrible than it already is.

He had 2 other women besides Laura. If he had gotten away with murdering Laura, would he have killed the fiance next? I think these other women were in danger and until I hear different I'm assuming they were victims of his huge lies. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member