Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo- Sept 15 & 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you retell the white truck incident, the where, who, etc? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

It is in the testimony early in the trial. It was a woman walking near the road the Bobos live on one morning and a white truck passed her, then she heard it turn around and come back. It made her uncomfortable and it must have showed because the man driving apologized, not meaning to scare her but he thought she was someone else and the testimony was that he stated that someone else was a female friend who lives on that road.

IIRC, later she identifed ZA as the man driving the white truck. I think it was her husband who told her who the driver was, possibly before the formal ID.

Holly's friend testified this morning that they, along with Clint, Drew and her own boyfriend, went to the County Fair. While there, the friend noticed a red hair guy, fat, tall, dressed in camo, talking on a flip phone, scooting dirt with his foot, 'watching them' for over 10 minutes. Made her feel uncomfortable so she tugged her boyfriend's arm and said "Let's go." But she never mentioned it to anyone that day.
After Holly went missing shortly after, the friend contacted police and gave her description to a sketch artist. It turned out to be Shane Austin. But Clint testified he thinks he noticed dark hair on the guy with Holly as he observed Holly and the camouflaged man by the woods.

My problem with JA's accusation about ZA's statements about the rape and his brother/incestuous act is that #1, ZA 'could have' lied to JA. And #2, I tend to lean towards JA making up that statement or just lying. JA seems to be cold bloodied killer/sociopath due to his lack of empathy, sympathy and his various graphic depictions and body languages. As the news caster on Channel5 noted, he had the spectators laughing at his 'jokes'. That's reminiscent of Ted Bundy. It was all a show to him.
#3 According to Clint's testimony, who ever led Holly away, was not 'that' tall. ZA and JA are both 6'4" and 6'7". Who ever led her away was most likely SA or someone else.

Could you retell the white truck incident, the where, who, etc? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

It is in the testimony early in the trial. It was a woman walking near the road the Bobos live on one morning and a white truck passed her, then she heard it turn around and come back. It made her uncomfortable and it must have showed because the man driving apologized, not meaning to scare her but he thought she was someone else and the testimony was that he stated that someone else was a female friend who lives on that road.

IIRC, later she identifed ZA as the man driving the white truck. I think it was her husband who told her who the driver was, possibly before the formal ID.

<snip>
Prosecutors then called Christee Clenney to the stand. She had a potential run-in with Zach Adams days before Holly Bobo's disappearance.

In April 2011, Clenney was regularly walking in the area around the Bobo home. She was recovering from neck surgery, and walking was park of her rehab.

One day a truck slowly idled by her on her walk. She said she remembered it, because of how slowly the truck idled by her. She said the truck then turned around and the driver talked to her.

The driver asked her if he scared her, and then he said he was sorry, but he thought she was a girl he knew that lived in the area

She said after Holly Bobo's kidnapping, she reported what happened to police. She was given a photo lineup to try and identify the driver of the truck. She said she couldn't identify the driver specifically, but she kept coming back to the same picture--one she thought matched the description of the man she saw in the truck.

<snip>
She did not know the name of the person in the photo, but her husband did. So prosecutors then called her husband, Timothy Clenney to the stand.

Timothy identified the picture that his wife pointed out as being a picture of Zach Adams.

The defense team cross-examined Timothy asking him how many pictures they looked at the day they did the photo lineup. Timothy said around 20.

The defense team asked Timothy if he knew that his wife changed the physical traits of the driver from her initial report to when they pegged Zach Adams as the driver. Timothy said he was not aware of that.
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/36343692/bobo-trial-day-2-defense-prepares-cross-examination

I agree about a jury. But this is a small community. I'm hoping that they know even more than we do about people in the community and other things that have been going on there out of this scope.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Members of the jury were selected from Hardin County so it's hard to say how much they know about people in the community and what goes on there.

Thank you for the details.

It sure seems all of this was so premeditated. ZA was already stalking the neighborhood where Holly lived. That gives me chills just thinking this lady was looking into the face of the man who would become the kidnapper, rapist, and murderer of Holly, and didn't even know it at the time.

I am sure she will never forget it.

My problem with JA's accusation about ZA's statements about the rape and his brother/incestuous act is that #1, ZA 'could have' lied to JA. And #2, I tend to lean towards JA making up that statement or just lying. JA seems to be cold bloodied killer/sociopath due to his lack of empathy, sympathy and his various graphic depictions and body languages. As the news caster on Channel5 noted, he had the spectators laughing at his 'jokes'. That's reminiscent of Ted Bundy. It was all a show to him.
#3 According to Clint's testimony, who ever led Holly away, was not 'that' tall. ZA and JA are both 6'4" and 6'7". Who ever led her away was most likely SA or someone else.

I believe ZA is as much of a sociopath as JA and even more so since he seemed to be the dominate one, and ringleader. He even assaulted his own grandfather from what I remember and shot his own mom in the knee. None of them are choir boys...........they are all from the pits of hell and darkness.

I dont think ZA has one ounce of remorse for what he did to Holly either.

I'm still amazed they went for her without knowing Clint's schedule that well. I mean, who would try to abduct her while her brother is actually there?

I mean it's almost a complete yahoo thing to do to assume you are going to get past the brother? I mean your average thief has better instincts and planning than that.

While they may have succeeded until years later, but geez, it was just by chance and lucky. Super poor planning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. But Clint left really early 3 morning a week. And apparently his car was not parked where it usually was. It was behind a garage door, and was not visible. So it is possible that they didn't see CB's car and thought he had left already?

This case has always held particular interest for me, because I have cousins on my mother's side of the family that grew up in that area of Tennessee, Perry County and Wayne County, and they are good, hard-working people, who all have kids that grew up to become upstanding members of their communities, so I am just floored by the obvious extent of the drug problem in those rural areas, and all of the evil that it brings with it. I grew up and still live in a relatively large metro area, where drugs, shootings and violent crime are not uncommon, but I had no idea that the heartland of our country seems to have so many of the same problems, and maybe more, as perhaps there are not as many opportunities for people there. It all just leaves me so sad, and wondering what has become of the country I love. JMO

Yes, poor would be the word for it. But that does not mean their plan was not well thought out, at least to their way of thinking.

If you are familiar with the Jodi Arias case, she planned for weeks, maybe even months! prior to making her trip to slaughter her ex. Her attention to detail in the planning phase was phenomenal and still she messed up in executing her plan. She left a lot of evidence on the scene, the crime was messier than she had imagined it would be, it took longer than she had planned, evidenced by her arrival at her alibi destination many hours later than had been expected.

Most of the time, criminals find that once in motion their plan hits a glitch or two. I wish we could have heard from Austin; I think he would speak of what went right and what deviated from their original plan.

Yup, I guess when you take pictures of yourself murdering your victim, and accidentally leave your camera in the washing machine before fleeing, much of your careful planning goes down the toilet....:

I'm beginning to think that Zac, Dylan, Shane, and Jason were all messed up on drugs. Shane mentioned seeing Holly at the fair.
While they were messed up, one of them, probably Shane, decided because she was nursing student Holly had access to drugs. So they decided to see if they could get her to get drugs. Shane probably was the one who was sent to get her, while the others, at least Zach and Dylan waited in a vehicle on the back road/logging road.. And when he realized Clint was home, he had to get physical, maybe attacking her with a knife in the garage. When they got her back to where ever it is they took her, they raped her, drugged her, beat her or even stabbed her, who knows, but the damage was enough Zach thought she was dead. He got Jason to help with body disposal. But I'm beginning to think Jason killed her when he realized she was still alive. (Stop and think about it, if Shane had already given statements to the cops giving details about Holly, there is no way they'd let him go.) I also think Jason lied when he gave the statement about Zach saying Dylan his brother, committed a sex act on him..That's just too bizarre. I think it was for shock affect. Dylan had no prior convictions for deadly crimes. Jason however, in his testimony, implied he's a murderer. He described the bloated dead body he saw.. he made reference to 'gutting' Holly. He talked like he was real experienced. He offered to help with disposing of her body.

Agreed...but we don't really know for sure exactly what he did at this point.
The only thing we know as FACT, is that his cell phone was in the places on the days that Jason testified they were together and where they were.

Was there a Time given about when this happened? I don't recall anyone witness - Autry or Dinsmore mentioning what time this happened? And "where" do the pings line up with this? Sure left a lot out.... like the barn too!!

^^ RBBM

My understanding is this happened after the murder on the same day of the murder.

The cleaning woman who testified this morning also corroborates Autry's & Dinsmore testimony:

<snip> Debbie Dorris was cleaning "Ms. Dottie's" house on April 13, 2011, when she saw Victor Dinsmore talking to three men in Dottie's driveway.

Dorris' testimony supports two accounts of the afternoon of April 13, 2011 &#8212; one given by Jason Autry, and the other from Victor Dinsmore.
Both accounts say that Autry, Zach Adams, Dylan Adams, and Shayne Austin met Victor Dinsmore
at the home around 2:30 p.m. that Wednesday afternoon.

Dorris said she saw Dinsmore at Dottie's that morning, and he was there through the afternoon. She testified Saturday morning that she saw Dinsmore talking to three men in the driveway &#8212; one of whom she knew was Jason Autry &#8212; between 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. that afternoon.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...obo-trial-day-6-what-know-saturday/668692001/

This case has always held particular interest for me, because I have cousins on my mother's side of the family that grew up in that area of Tennessee, Perry County and Wayne County, and they are good, hard-working people, who all have kids that grew up to become upstanding members of their communities, so I am just floored by the obvious extent of the drug problem in those rural areas, and all of the evil that it brings with it. I grew up and still live in a relatively large metro area, where drugs, shootings and violent crime are not uncommon, but I had no idea that the heartland of our country seems to have so many of the same problems, and maybe more, as perhaps there are not as many opportunities for people there. It all just leaves me sad, and wondering what has become of the country I love. JMO

Yes this opioid problem that so many are talking about it real and extremely prevalent in rural areas...here in Minnesota it is rampant in our small towns...this is not unique to Tn.

This case has always held particular interest for me, because I have cousins on my mother's side of the family that grew up in that area of Tennessee, Perry County and Wayne County, and they are good, hard-working people, who all have kids that grew up to become upstanding members of their communities, so I am just floored by the obvious extent of the drug problem in those rural areas, and all of the evil that it brings with it. I grew up and still live in a relatively large metro area, where shootings and violent crime are not uncommon, but I had no idea that the heartland of our country seems to have so many of the same problems, and maybe more, as perhaps there are not as many opportunities for people there. It all just leaves me sad, and wondering what has become of the country I love. JMO

I may not be recalling correctly but I think the main agent for the TBI said TN is the top state in the US when it comes to meth/illegal drug selling and use.

Our dearly admired and loved friend who has now passed away, Foxfire, put up another case in TN where meth heads were involved. It was horrible. They inflicted torture on the victims for days on end before they finally killed them.

A lot of the drug gangs are venturing out into small rural areas because of the strong turf wars in large inner cities. The gangs in smaller areas population wise are smaller groups but reek havoc in the communities from selling illegal drugs, prostitution, sex trafficking, rapes, home invasions, armed robberies, and murders. In fact many states have enacted laws that enhance the sentence if the defendant is in a drug gang. Its so sad that it has come to this.

The county that borders with ours has been ruined by drug gang violence. Once a beautiful town it is now infested with all sorts of drugs and violent crime done by those who are in the drug gangs.

I may not be recalling correctly but I think the main agent for the TBI said TN is the top state in the US when it comes to meth/illegal drug selling and use.

Our dearly admired and loved friend who has now passed away, Foxfire, put up another case in TN where meth heads were involved. It was horrible. They inflicted torture on the victims for days on end before they finally killed them.

A lot of the drug gangs are venturing out into small rural areas because of the strong turf wars in large inner cities. The gangs in smaller areas population wise are smaller groups but reek havoc in the communities from selling illegal drugs, prostitution, sex trafficking, rapes, home invasions, armed robberies, and murders. In fact many states have enacted laws that enhance the sentence if the defendant is in a drug gang. Its so sad that it has come to this.

The county that borders with ours has been ruined by drug gang violence. Once a beautiful town it is now infested with all sorts of drugs and violent crime done by those who are in the drug gangs.

Yeah, I saw a lot of evidence of this while following the Jessica Chambers murder, but I guess I naively assumed that was an extremely rare thing that doesn't happen in other small towns. I guess I was wrong. :(

Hearing the claim that ZA wanted his little brother killed was shocking. Could JA be lying about all of that?

It's shocking to us but people do such things, some without giving it a second thought. I am convinced JA told the truth about that.

As far as which one came to initially kidnap Holly it really doesn't matter under the law which one it was. All who participated are just as guilty because under the law they would all be equally guilty of kidnapping.

After the initial kidnapping she was still being kidnapped the entire time and held against her will by everyone who was there.

I am sure this will be stressed in the state's closing argument, and again in the jury instructions.

IMO

Would that be the murders of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom?

They remain the absolutely worst murders I have heard of. People kill for all sorts of reasons but that crime was just for the thrill of it! The worst torture imaginable was inflicted on these still-living victims and it went on for days before the horror ended with death. I can hardly hold back the tears as I type this...

I take a little comfort in knowing that Holly's agony was not dragged out for days because in the beginning I thought it might have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708