UK - Bucket Bomb terror attack on London Underground, 15 Sept 2017

From ZaZara's post and link: "The source told MailOnline he believed the terrorists has chosen ..."

So one terrorist or more? The noun indicates plural, the verb is singular ... Sloppy reporting.

Also, it crossed my mind that I wouldn't be surprised if the "quiet and polite" boy was the one arrested, not the troublemaker. Seen it all too often here that outward behaviour can not necessarily be relied upon when trying to determine who is capable of murder. .

very interesting notion

From ZaZara's post and link: "The source told MailOnline he believed the terrorists has chosen ..."

So one terrorist or more? The noun indicates plural, the verb is singular ... Sloppy reporting.

Also, it crossed my mind that I wouldn't be surprised if the "quiet and polite" boy was the one arrested, not the troublemaker. Seen it all too often here that outward behaviour can not necessarily be relied upon when trying to determine who is capable of murder. .

Yesterday they started plural word choice

AFP
https://www.yahoo.com/news/passengers-badly-burned-london-underground-train-incident-090506688.html

British police arrested an 18-year-old man in the ferry departure area of the port of Dover on Saturday on suspicion of being involved in the bombing of a London Underground train and were looking for more potential suspects on the loose.

The man, who has not been named, was arrested on suspicion of committing, preparing or instigating an act of terrorism after Friday's attack in which 30 people were injured at Parsons Green station.

"We're keeping an open mind around whether more than one person is responsible for the attack," Neil Basu of London's Metropolitan Police told reporters.

BBM

Plural. Never a so called lonely woolf turned out to be all alone. It may take a while, but LE will discover a network of sorts, or even actual perpetrators.

I got the distinct impression that the troublemaker is indeed the one arrested.

I'm guessing Trump is correct about the bomber being on the Met's radar as he got it from intelligence. The reason the Met are keeping tight lipped ATM is to ensure they can reach the bombers family and friends asap to interview them and also to help with their safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, makes sense. I would imagine that suspects fingerprints, face image, & phone are quickly looked into for matches and contacts of suspect on phone. I posted a link.

Here.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...ack-second-suspect-in-custody-police-say.html

The 18-year-old, whom authorities tracked using facial recognition technology, was believed to be a foster child taken in by Jones and his wife, according to the Sun, which also quoted a neighbor saying the elderly couple's foster children were Syrian.

This "he was on their radar" is getting old, people are being murdered by someone on their radar or known radical or isis supporter and there is nothing they can do. Sad that someone is maimed or has to die before an arrest.

The train, which was bound for Edgware Road, was just pulling into the station in south-west London when the device detonated in the rear carriage, sending passengers fleeing to safety.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...osion-uk-terror-threat-level-critical-latest/

Security minister Ben Wallace suggested CCTV images of the bomber could be released as part of the manhunt, but Scotland Yard subsequently denied there were any plans to do so.

“This arrest will lead to more activity from our officers. For strong investigative reasons we will not give any more details on the man we arrested at this stage.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...osion-uk-terror-threat-level-critical-latest/

Mr McMaster was asked about Donald Trump's comments this morning, in which he said the suspect of the bombing was "in the sights" of Scotland Yard.

NEIGHBOUR: POLICE HAD BEEN AT THE HOUSE BEFORE

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4891880/Police-admit-Bucket-Bomber-run.html

Stephen Griffiths, 28, who lives across the road from the house that was raided, told MailOnline that police had been at the house numerous times in recent weeks - sometimes spending 'hours' at the property'.

He also saw officers using drones to search the garden at the back of the property.

He said: 'Police have been at this address a few times in the last couple of weeks.

'At the time we just put it down to it being foster kids that needed to be spoken to.

'But it clicked in my head earlier - what if one of the children was under investigation or surveillance?

'Why couldn't something be done sooner to stop this happening? Why couldn't the police have questioned him?

'Three or four officers would turn up and would speak to the foster parents on the doorstep.

'They were in normal police cars but they weren't wearing police hats or reflective jackets - they were dressed all in black.

'It was nothing like just a normal officer doing a duty call, it seemed like something a bit higher in the chain.

'The other day they were out there for a long time - a few hours - and they could have even gone in the house.'

BBM

SECOND BOMBER LIVED JUST YARDS FROM HEATHROW AIRPORT AMIDST FEARS OF PLOT TO BRING DOWN A JET

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4892516/Second-man-21-arrested-Parsons-Green-bombing.html

Police are searching a house just yards away from Heathrow airport after a second suspect was arrested in connection with the Parsons Green bombing.

The 21-year-old was apprehended in the London borough of Hounslow last night several hours after another man , 18, was arrested in the Port of Dover.

Police raided the property in Stanwell, Surrey, close to the runway of Britain's busiest airport, as news broke the Dover suspect is an Iraqi refugee who was allegedly arrested two weeks ago at the exact same tube station where the device exploded on Friday before being released.

The teenager - who is being held after police tracked him to the departures hall of the coastal town's port - is thought to have been a 'problematic foster child' who was raised in Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey, by Penelope Jones, 71, and husband Ronald, 88.

The couple's home was raided by armed officers yesterday and 'a bomb and 15 firearms' have been found at the property, a neighbour claimed.

A local councillor said the teenager came to the UK aged 15 after his parents died in Iraq while a friend of the Joneses said the man's biological family did not agree with him moving in with Christian foster parents.

BBM

I'm sure we will hear all about it in due course, but at the moment I do wonder why this teeneager had to come to the UK (and how?) if he had family living in Iraq, a family that has distinct ideas about his upbringing on top of that.

Don't know about the UK, but in Germany, fostering refugees is a very lucrative business.

:thinking:

BBM

At least one. There will be other families like the Joneses all around Britain. There were and still are in Germany ~ and no one had seen it coming there. The Wurzburg axe-attacker comes to mind, and the rapefugee who murdered Maria Ladenburger. Once the authorities put off their rose-coloured spectacles and started looking at either perpetrator, it soon became obvious that things did not add up. And they might have known that in advance, had they made the effort. But you've got to be ready and willing to do that, and most authorities (and helpers) are not.

Makes you wonder if he came from the Calais Jungle and if he is indeed 18. And what he cost the British taxpayer.

Did the British pay for the bombing of the home countries of terrorists that leaves children with no home or relatives?

REVEALED: TERRORISTS 'TARGETED CHILDREN' IN PARSONS GREEN BOMBING - 3 VICTIMS REMAIN IN HOSPITAL

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ms-Parsons-Green-bombing-remain-hospital.html

The terrorists who attacked Parsons Green tube station yesterday were 'deliberately' targeting school children, a senior source who has been briefed on the investigation has claimed.

The source told MailOnline he believed the terrorists has chosen a line and time where they were guaranteed to have youngsters heading to school.

He said: 'It’s the height of the school run and, if that was the target, it was intended to cause maximum loss of life and destruction.

'I spoke to a couple of people [who were on the train] who were shaken up but were greatly relieved.

'It’s a very busy commuter station and the District Line is one of the most busy line. [The train that was bombed] was packed almost to capacity.'

BBM

Nice. You provide shelter, a home and a family for someone because he is a child in need. Or so you think, but no good deed goes unpunished.

Unfortunately, this is what happens because of war. Germany was prime for the horrors of the Nazi regime because of the repercussions of WW1. So many examples of what war does to people.

CCTV VIDEO OF SUSPECT CARRYING THE BOMB

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ack-iraqi-refugee-suspected-trying-bomb-tube/

It is understood that the teenager was born in Baghdad but came to Britain as a refugee a couple of years ago. He had been staying with Mr and Mrs Jones for several months after going through an immigration centre in Dover, it is said.

BBM

Video of suspect with bomb in LIDL-bag at link.

PARSONS GREEN BOMBING: POLICE CORDON OFF HOME OF SECOND REFUGEE FOSTER CHILD

Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...t-bomb-second-man-arrested-connection-terror/

yafa.jpeg

Police searched the home of a second refugee foster child on Sunday night as part of the terror investigation into the Parsons Green bombing.

A 21-year-old man was arrested in Hounslow on Saturday night just hours after police caught the 18-year-old suspected of planting the Tube bomb at the Port of Dover.

Yahyah Farroukh, believed to be in his early 20s, was registered at living in the property in Stanwell, Surrey, and had previously been listed at the Joneses house in Sunbury on Thames.

According to his Facebook page Mr Farroukh had moved to the UK from Damascus.

Neighbours of the Stanwell property which was cordoned of by police said that Mr Farroukh had moved into the property more than a year ago .

One said: "There would be men going in his house. There's always cars coming and going. They all talk Arabic.

"Some of them wear caps on their heads and the long (traditional) dress.
He didn't dress in traditional dress.

"When he walks around he's always on his mobile. He speaks Arabic.

"Sometimes I've seen him with a black thing around his head."

Pat Hodge, who works in a warehouse, said: "I thought he was a student. He would always wave to us, the others wouldn't.

"They would set out prayer mats in the garden. They always had something, like gadgets, in their hand but there was no TV, no furniture in the house."

BBM

'TO SAY THEY ARE GUTTED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT'

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4893496/Foster-couple-welcomed-two-refugees-home.html

The foster parents for the 18-year-old now considered the prime suspect in the Parsons Green bucket bombing knew little about him before taking him in, friends said today.

Penny and Ronald Jones reportedly learned more from police about the teenager in the past three days than they learned from Surrey County Council, who placed him in Sunbury-on-Thames.

A family friend told The Times: 'They were aware he had been in an ISIS-controlled area but there was a lack of information about what appears now to have been a very troubled past.

Experts have said that in many cases foster receiving refugees are only told a first name, their age and where they came from.

One former social services official, who was a foster carer and then ran a fostering service for a council, told MailOnline: 'The information that we get is just first name, age and where they come from, often after being age assessed it turns out that they are older, or they cannot assess a correct age.

'Of course the young person says they are fleeing their country as they are in danger, and many are, but it has always concerned me that we do not know if they may be a possible threat.

'Foster carers are being placed in a very difficult position as are us staff who place the young people in carers homes'.

It is also thought the couple had in the past looked after Yahya Faroukh, 21, whose home near Heathrow airport was searched by police yesterday. As police searched the couple's suburban home at the weekend, a friend told the Daily Mail: 'To say they are gutted is an understatement.'

BBM

'HE NEVER MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT ISIS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT'

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4893510/Syrian-Heathrow-home-raided-Parsons-Green.html

Yahyah Farroukh may have been finishing a shift at Aladdin's Fried Chicken when he was arrested by anti-terror police on Saturday night.

Suleman Sarwar, one of the owners of the takeaway in Hounslow, west London, said: 'He never mentioned anything about ISIS or anything like that.

'He never seemed like a radical, if anything I thought he was the opposite. He seemed very Westernised, he was into American rap music and wore Western clothes like jeans and T-shirt.

'He was very sensible and mature, and not into religion at all. There was nothing to make him stand out.

'We would just have normal conversations, but we didn't talk much at work as his English was not very good and my Arabic is not good so there was not much common ground.

Both the 18-year-old suspect and Faroukh are thought to have arrived in Britain several years ago as refugees, having travelled across Europe to get to the so-called Jungle camp at Calais.

BBM

Takfir Wal Hijra comes to mind. All that is forbidden in Islam is allowed in the war against the unbelievers.

Officers were at a bus stop while the 21-year-old suspect walked past them before they turned around and grabbed him while he allegedly yelled: 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry' and a pile of Maltesers and KitKats spilled out of his bag.

CLEAREST CCTV PICTURES YET SHOW MAN CARRYING HEAVY LIDL BAG JUST 90 MINUTES BEFORE PARSONS GREEN ATTACK

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Bucket-Bomber-struggling-heavy-Lidl-bag.html

4472EAC100000578-4895920-image-a-37_1505755652186.jpg

Walking along the street carrying a Lidl shopping bag, this may be the Parsons Green tube bomber filmed on his way to carry out the planned atrocity.

The film was taken from Ecco La Vera pizza restaurant on Vicarage Road in Sunbury, just a third of a mile from the home of Ronald and Penny Jones – the foster parents of an 18-year-old Iraqi refugee arrested over the attack.

The Italian eatery is on the most direct route from the suspect's foster home on Convent Road and Sunbury station where he is believed to have boarded a train to Wimbledon where joined the District line.

Only an hour and a half after these images were taken the improvised explosive device went off, injuring more than 30 men, women and children. The images were captured at 7.04am. The clock on the CCTV camera is wrong.

The suspect is believed to have caught the 7.15am service to Wimbledon, arriving at 7.46am. Detectives will be investigating why he appears to have waited in Wimbledon for up to 25 minutes and if he met anyone before boarding the District Line train where at least 30 people were injured.

The Tube service left at around 8.10 and arrived at Parsons Green at 8.20am when the device blew up - but the bomber is believed to have left the train at an earlier stop and used a timer to set it off.

Primed with an explosive known as 'Mother of Satan' with fairy lights fuse, the device could have killed and maimed but thankfully failed to properly ignite.

4471408000000578-4895920-image-a-1_1505751983572.jpg

A second suspect, a 21-year-old Syrian Yahya Faroukh, was later arrested in Hounslow, with police also swooping on his house in Stanwell, Surrey, directly opposite Heathrow airport.

Faroukh lived with the Jones' until May and Scotland Yard are investigating whether they first met abroad in the Calais 'Jungle' camp or even as far away as ISIS-controlled Syria or Iraq.

BBM

I may have missed - does anyone know why the second suspect is a suspect?

[video=twitter;909848610820550656]https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/909848610820550656[/video]

Jenan Moussa, verfied account

1/ BREAK: I spoke to family members of #ParsonsGreen terror suspect Yahya Farroukh. They r Syrian asylum seekers living in Holland. @akhbar

2/ I talked to brother of #ParsonsGreen suspect, his wife &sister wife. They live in southern part of The Netherlands. They are SHOCKED.

3/ Brother of arrested #ParsonsGreen suspect told me: "I'm shocked by his arrest. He's ambitious, loves the UK, studies to be journalist."

4/ Brother #ParsonsGreen suspect told me: "Cant believe he has anything to do with terrorism." Sister-in-law said: "He wouldnt hurt an ant"

5/ Family of #ParsonsGreen suspect told me: "He visited us recently (during Eid) in the Netherlands after father passed away in Egypt."

6/ Rumor that #ParsonsGreen suspect radicalized after father was killed in Syria. Family denies: "Father sick, died in Egypt in hospital."

7/ For privacy reasons I won't mention towns where family of #ParsonsGreen suspect lives. Only that they live in province of Noord-Brabant.

8/ Family #ParsonsGreen suspect said they r not with Assad, not opposition. Weren't contacted by Dutch or UK authorities after arrest Yahya.

9/ I asked family of #ParsonsGreen suspect how they ended up in Europe. Family explained: "In 2012 we left Damascus, Syria &moved to Egypt"

10/ "In 2013 Yayha took boat from Egypt to Italy then went to UK. We stayed in Egypt. in 2015 we moved to Turkey via Greece to Netherlands."

11/ Yahya (the #ParsonsGreen suspect) arrived in UK when he was only 16. He was placed with foster family. Lived since 1 year on his own.

12/ According to family: In 2015 #ParsonsGreen suspect "traveled from UK to Turkey for a holiday and to visit family members".

BBM

I don't know why this is news or breaking. The family is apparently playing the asylum system, even giving up pretending that they are refugees of any kind, and of course they did not notice a thing. Because they never do.

If Yahya "traveled from UK to Turkey for a holiday and to visit family members" he could have jumped the border anywhere and gone to Syria.

[video=twitter;909868758273019904]https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/909868758273019904[/video]

13/ Brother said: "I spoke Thursday or Friday over phone w/Yahya. He was normal. My brother is only a suspect. Hope he'll be cleared soon."

14/ This is all I have for now. Hope you found this interesting. Will update when I get more news. Thank you.

BBM

[video=twitter;909868758273019904]https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/909868758273019904[/video]

13/ Brother said: "I spoke Thursday or Friday over phone w/Yahya. He was normal. My brother is only a suspect. Hope he'll be cleared soon."

14/ This is all I have for now. Hope you found this interesting. Will update when I get more news. Thank you.

BBM

Thanks for all the links and interesting updates ZaZara!
Not sure yet as to why YF was also considered a suspect .
https://www.rt.com/uk/403663-parsons-green-terrorist-arrests/
Believed to be from Damascus originally, Faroukh has lived in Britain for at least four years. His home, close to the southern boundary of Heathrow in Stanwell, Surrey, was also raided.

Witnesses described seeing him being arrested outside Aladdin’s Fried Chicken in Hounslow at midnight on Saturday. He was tackled to the ground before undercover officers took his phone and a forensic team wrapped plastic around his arms and legs, according to the Sun.

His home was raided on Sunday by counterterrorism police. Another property in Hounslow is also being searched, Scotland Yard said.

Faroukh’s Facebook profile lists him as a former pupil at West Thames College in Isleworth, and says he is from Damascus. A second account lists his place of work as BSQ London, which describes itself as a record label and events company.

His profile pictures include him posing on Brighton beach, in Trafalgar Square and beside an iconic London double decker bus. He has also posted dozens of images of the war in Syria and children being carried out from the debris of bombed-out buildings.

[video=twitter;909848610820550656]https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/909848610820550656[/video]

Jenan Moussa, verfied account

1/ BREAK: I spoke to family members of #ParsonsGreen terror suspect Yahya Farroukh. They r Syrian asylum seekers living in Holland. @akhbar

2/ I talked to brother of #ParsonsGreen suspect, his wife &sister wife. They live in southern part of The Netherlands. They are SHOCKED.

3/ Brother of arrested #ParsonsGreen suspect told me: "I'm shocked by his arrest. He's ambitious, loves the UK, studies to be journalist."

4/ Brother #ParsonsGreen suspect told me: "Cant believe he has anything to do with terrorism." Sister-in-law said: "He wouldnt hurt an ant"

5/ Family of #ParsonsGreen suspect told me: "He visited us recently (during Eid) in the Netherlands after father passed away in Egypt."

6/ Rumor that #ParsonsGreen suspect radicalized after father was killed in Syria. Family denies: "Father sick, died in Egypt in hospital."

7/ For privacy reasons I won't mention towns where family of #ParsonsGreen suspect lives. Only that they live in province of Noord-Brabant.

8/ Family #ParsonsGreen suspect said they r not with Assad, not opposition. Weren't contacted by Dutch or UK authorities after arrest Yahya.

9/ I asked family of #ParsonsGreen suspect how they ended up in Europe. Family explained: "In 2012 we left Damascus, Syria &moved to Egypt"

10/ "In 2013 Yayha took boat from Egypt to Italy then went to UK. We stayed in Egypt. in 2015 we moved to Turkey via Greece to Netherlands."

11/ Yahya (the #ParsonsGreen suspect) arrived in UK when he was only 16. He was placed with foster family. Lived since 1 year on his own.

12/ According to family: In 2015 #ParsonsGreen suspect "traveled from UK to Turkey for a holiday and to visit family members".

BBM

I don't know why this is news or breaking. The family is apparently playing the asylum system, even giving up pretending that they are refugees of any kind, and of course they did not notice a thing. Because they never do.

If Yahya "traveled from UK to Turkey for a holiday and to visit family members" he could have jumped the border anywhere and gone to Syria.

BBM

I don't believe the family didn't know anything and are shocked now. It all sounds so rehearsed.

If it turns out I was wrong I will apologize but for now I don't buy it.

I have been sitting on the fence regarding refugees in Europe but I notice I lean more and more to not taking in any more refugees.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back