Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo Sept 18, 2017 graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the time that had elapsed between when Holly was abducted and they started looking hard at ZA, DA, JA, and SA, I wouldn't expect to see text messages that contained any content. Most carriers only retain that information for about 30 days, if that. There are millions of customers sending millions of texts every month and the carriers' servers cannot save that kind of information indefinitely. The call and text logs can still be subpoenaed with a warrant, but not the content if it has already been purged.

Some carriers retain texts for up to a year, others for a few days. All of them keep the meta data for a long time however (which is why they could place ZA and SA's phones at a particular tower). That data would include who called/text them or the reverse. So, that information would be known, and if they were communicating between each other as one might expect if the crime happened as claimed, there should be a record of that. I have not followed the trial live, but I expect that the relevant state witness would have revealed that information when giving evidence, since it would be clearly relevant.

I wonder why they didn't wire tap ZA? He seems to have the kind of loose lips that sink ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they have a hard time wiretapping millennials. They don't talk on the phone that much.

So you don't think any of the witnesses are credible and that Zach Adams did not say those things to people? Folks missed work and came out of state to testify to lie about it?

Or just that "just because he said it doesn't mean he did it"?

To me, there are way too many people, witnesses testifying to what was said by ZA.

I agree with you that if you don't believe Autry, then there isn't much there. I just think the jury as a whole will believe him. I concur with someone reflecting on Autry's testimony that his "give a damn" was broken and he seemed to lay it all out on the line with absolute candor, and confidence all the while twirling circles around the defense. If it happened another way, maybe we will find out, but the defense is carrying the biggest burden, IMO.

They could well be lying for all sorts of reasons. People have lots of motivations for doing that, they might have been "lean't on" by investigators, maybe they don't like ZA et al, maybe they want their 15 minutes, or want to help send away the guys everyone things are guilty, any number of reasons. Perhaps ZA was bragging about it to make himself look tough. Who knows. The point is, none of these people had any direct experience with the crime or it's aftermath. It is all hearsay. They only one claiming to have any direct experience with what happened is JA, and even he claims not to have actually seen HB, just a wrapped up body. He is saying enough to implicate ZA but at the same time distancing himself very conveniently.

Leading up to the trial there were many here who were absolutely sure that the state had compelling evidence that they just were not revealing until the trial. Turns out the state did NOT have any such thing, and the only thing that has saved them from having the charges dismissed is getting JA to testify for them at the last moment. And they went into the trial not know that he would do that. Unbelievable, and I am shocked that people are not appalled by that.

Some carriers retain texts for up to a year, others for a few days. All of them keep the meta data for a long time however (which is why they could place ZA and SA's phones at a particular tower). That data would include who called/text them or the reverse. So, that information would be known, and if they were communicating between each other as one might expect if the crime happened as claimed, there should be a record of that. I have not followed the trial live, but I expect that the relevant state witness would have revealed that information when giving evidence, since it would be clearly relevant.

Yes they did confirm the pings, a ping timeline and timeline of who texted who (just names and times) in the cell phone timeline (at least between JA, ZA and maybe one or two Dylan pings not sure about texts). Just no actual text word info.

They left out Shayne Austin's pings and times of texts, probably intentionally, for the sake he isn't here to represent himself (although his pings would have been helpful to know as another corroboration of Autry's testimony in terms of location of who was where when he said they were ---I.e. At Yellow Springs - Shayne's house when Autry said ZA, DA and SA were there).

Overall, I just thought there would be more offered here. Maybe they will touch on it in closing arguments. The location timeline was laid out pretty accurately with what they brought up here which was indeed helpful.

I think they have a hard time wiretapping millennials. They don't talk on the phone that much.

These guys would have, if the state started leaning on them in an obvious way without arresting them. There would have been talking going on for sure, and they are too dumb to have hidden it.

I think the problem was that after DA and SA tried to deal with the investigators, the TBI thought that it would be a slam dunk and that there would be plenty of physical evidence to be found, so they just flat out went and arrested ZA and JA. Then it turned out there was no physical evidence to be at all and they were left with trying to figure out a plan B or have egg on their faces. And hence all of the shenanigans that went on.

I watched the trial feed yesterday & today for the first time. After following so many other trials, I can honestly say I've never seen such a parade of convicts, drug users & enablers in all my life.

I'm from a small town in AL where drugs are unfortunately present, but in this TN area it seems like it's touching everyone's lives at every angle. It sounds like a terribly sad place, especially for women and most especially for a pretty young woman like Holly.

They could well be lying for all sorts of reasons. People have lots of motivations for doing that, they might have been "lean't on" by investigators, maybe they don't like ZA et al, maybe they want their 15 minutes, or want to help send away the guys everyone things are guilty, any number of reasons. Perhaps ZA was bragging about it to make himself look tough. Who knows. The point is, none of these people had any direct experience with the crime or it's aftermath. It is all hearsay. They only one claiming to have any direct experience with what happened is JA, and even he claims not to have actually seen HB, just a wrapped up body. He is saying enough to implicate ZA but at the same time distancing himself very conveniently.

Leading up to the trial there were many here who were absolutely sure that the state had compelling evidence that they just were not revealing until the trial. Turns out the state did NOT have any such thing, and the only thing that has saved them from having the charges dismissed is getting JA to testify for them at the last moment. And they went into the trial not know that he would do that. Unbelievable, and I am shocked that people are not appalled by that.
I don't know , perhaps it's just me but I think the cellphone records are pretty compelling. It's the only scientific thing we've had thus far. I would be interested to see what the defense cell expert has to say because after seeing the TN expert I believe he covered all abnormalities. I say this from an ameatur sleuth pov due to research I've done in the past. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Yes they did confirm the pings, a ping timeline and timeline of who texted who (just names and times) in the cell phone timeline (at least between JA, ZA and maybe one or two Dylan pings not sure about texts). Just no actual text word info.

They left out Shayne Austin's pings and times of texts, probably intentionally, for the sake he isn't here to represent himself (although his pings would have been helpful to know as another corroboration of Autry's testimony in terms of location of who was where when he said they were ---I.e. At Yellow Springs - Shayne's house when Autry said ZA, DA and SA were there).

Overall, I just thought there would be more offered here. Maybe they will touch on it in closing arguments. The location timeline was laid out pretty accurately with what they brought up here which was indeed helpful.

SA's records should have been included, since their primary witness was accusing him of being directly involved as well and since the person CB saw matched the general physical appearance of SA.

I'm not appalled at all that the state would follow up on multiple witnesses claims along with cell phone evidence and those locations lining up with the evidence of her remains.

What is your explanation for that? Specifically your explanation for cell phone locations putting Zach Adams and Jason Autry's phones at the location of her remains at the time Jason said they were there. Pure coincidence?

No, I don't believe this many people come forward wanting their 15 min of fame, and that everyone is doing each other favors on the down-low in exchange for MANY witnesses testimony. That's completely unbelievable to me.

I would be APPALLED if this case were never brought to court and if Zach Adams walked a free man.

Please, stop asking if people watched the trial. Your intent is to demean someone's opinion. But guess what? Their opinion is just as much valid as yours! Imagine that...

I think it finally dawned on me why this trial seems so reckless, and how anyone could be charged with what evidence was presented in court. Originally, the charges were because of a theory the state had that involved Jason, Shayne both being heavily involved. Once immunity was given to Shayne, and from what I briefly research today, that immunity was based on Shayne knowing where Holly was buried. But something changed with the state, and they had different thoughts, tried to withdraw the immunity. Shayne commits suicide. They no longer have him to back up a theory. They go to Jason, his theory is nothing like Shayne nor Dylan's... so they have to regroup, and decide if their theory has changed. Guess the state decided to go with Jason's theory...and this trial is the result.

While all the defendants lived fairly close to each other, the most evidence was the closest to Shayne's. The 'barn' being right across the road from his trailer. BUT...can't try a dead person and the state must have someone in prison for this crime... enter all blame going to Zach.

I haven't watched all the former court proceedings prior to this trial. I started watching some from Shayne's dealing today, but didn't get through them all.

But, the jury doesn't have that option. They can't go back and see prior court. They ONLY know what was presented in this court. Or at least they are only suppose to know what's in court in now. That's why I keep saying I don't think the jury has enough of the puzzle to see a clear picture.

Heck, how many felonies did Jason have? Didn't I see more than 2 dozen? None of these males were upstanding citizens! NONE! So how did it all fall on Zach over Jason or Shayne or Dylan? I know the others haven't gone to trial yet. So why was Zach's case heard first? The state usually has a game plan when picking which to charge, which to bring to court, which to offer immunity, etc. WHY ZACH? Because, IMO, he is a danger to society, wrecked havoc within that community for a long time, and SOMEONE has to pay for this! Nevermind all the times he was in trouble, and received such a short sentence, or probation when he could have been locked up. Same with all these perps... they should have been locked up! Was it because of who they knew? For gosh sakes, there was LE living in the areas near them, but noone knew the drug mess going on? It was like they just skated through life, doing whatever they wanted, getting a tap on the hand saying NO NO, and sent on their way! Frustrating!

The corruption with that area is apparent as well. Two lawyers disbarred that were representing JA. State prosecutors have even changed. If there's corruption within the LE, within the lawyers, then there's corruption with the judges that are allowing it!

Yes, how do you wire tap a cell phone? Does any Millennial have a land line? I doubt it. :) But I do think they could have bugged his house and learned a few things.

I don't know , perhaps it's just me but I think the cellphone records are pretty compelling. It's the only scientific thing we've had thus far. I would be interested to see what the defense cell expert has to say because after seeing the TN expert I believe he covered all abnormalities. I say this from an ameatur sleuth pov due to research I've done in the past. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Not really. All it means is that HB and ZA lived in the same general area.

Compelling evidence would have been finding physical evidence of HB at the first murder scene, or physical evidence of JA at the scene of HB and/or her belongings. But nothing remotely like that has been found AFAIK. The only evidence at all is a bunch of very dubious people who at various times have claimed this and that.

There is not even a real motive. The abduction scene does not make sense either. ZA was driving around accosting women on the street (with the implication that they might be HB), but HB was taken from her yard by someone into the woods, someone who did not even look like ZA? That does not correlate. Then there is JA's claim of why ZA was there in the first place. Again, a contradiction.

I watched the trial feed yesterday & today for the first time. After following so many other trials, I can honestly say I've never seen such a parade of convicts, drug users & enablers in all my life.

I'm from a small town in AL where drugs are unfortunately present, but in this TN area it seems like it's touching everyone's lives at every angle. It sounds like a terribly sad place, especially for women and most especially for a pretty young woman like Holly.

Agree completely. The whole time I was thinking...why hasn't this family moved out of town already?! But I also know that possibly the parents especially did not really understand how pervasive this kind of activity was in that area. When you are from somewhere and have been forever you don't think to do research on sex offenders, crime, and drugs, or things like that as people do when they move to a new area and research things now. Google seems to pull up everything these days. But if you are born and raised there, I can see how the dynamic can change and you could be completely unaware or think it must be minor because your grandparents' grandparents lived there and you plan to live and die there. It does seem awfully sad and bleak to have that kind of corruption so pervasive in an area like that.

Yes, how do you wire tap a cell phone? Does any Millennial have a land line? I doubt it. :) But I do think they could have bugged his house and learned a few things.

Same way you tap any other phone. It is all digital.

I always find cell phone records compelling because you can pretty much tell where a certain person was at a specific time. However, it's a little questionable in this case since it seems they used each other's cell phones.

Does anyone know if meth does make people horny? I asked because I've seen it in other cases where people using meth stated it intensified the urge, and the satisfaction. If that's true, then why in the heck would a man need another man giving him a BJ to get an erection? Didn't happen, IMO!

Please, stop asking if people watched the trial. Your intent is to demean someone's opinion. But guess what? Their opinion is just as much valid as yours! Imagine that...

I think it finally dawned on me why this trial seems so reckless, and how anyone could be charged with what evidence was presented in court. Originally, the charges were because of a theory the state had that involved Jason, Shayne both being heavily involved. Once immunity was given to Shayne, and from what I briefly research today, that immunity was based on Shayne knowing where Holly was buried. But something changed with the state, and they had different thoughts, tried to withdraw the immunity. Shayne commits suicide. They no longer have him to back up a theory. They go to Jason, his theory is nothing like Shayne nor Dylan's... so they have to regroup, and decide if their theory has changed. Guess the state decided to go with Jason's theory...and this trial is the result.

While all the defendants lived fairly close to each other, the most evidence was the closest to Shayne's. The 'barn' being right across the road from his trailer. BUT...can't try a dead person and the state must have someone in prison for this crime... enter all blame going to Zach.

I haven't watched all the former court proceedings prior to this trial. I started watching some from Shayne's dealing today, but didn't get through them all.

But, the jury doesn't have that option. They can't go back and see prior court. They ONLY know what was presented in this court. Or at least they are only suppose to know what's in court in now. That's why I keep saying I don't think the jury has enough of the puzzle to see a clear picture.

Heck, how many felonies did Jason have? Didn't I see more than 2 dozen? None of these males were upstanding citizens! NONE! So how did it all fall on Zach over Jason or Shayne or Dylan? I know the others haven't gone to trial yet. So why was Zach's case heard first? The state usually has a game plan when picking which to charge, which to bring to court, which to offer immunity, etc. WHY ZACH? Because, IMO, he is a danger to society, wrecked havoc within that community for a long time, and SOMEONE has to pay for this! Nevermind all the times he was in trouble, and received such a short sentence, or probation when he could have been locked up. Same with all these perps... they should have been locked up! Was it because of who they knew? For gosh sakes, there was LE living in the areas near them, but noone knew the drug mess going on? It was like they just skated through life, doing whatever they wanted, getting a tap on the hand saying NO NO, and sent on their way! Frustrating!

My apologies to the poster (Tugela) that I said "have you seen the evidence" etc, or if in any way I offended with you with my post.

Sincerely, I'm sorry if my post had that effect on you, Tugela, or anyone here. My point was not to demean anyone.

It was not my intention so I am sorry if it had that effect.

Everyone's opinion is absolutely valuable. And the respect here given to everyone is why this is the only blog I would participate in. Thank you for pointing that out.

To me, some posts here, specifically tonight have been so detailed and informative about all types of evidence in trials. And that this isn't CSI. Oceanblueeyes and others had some great posts on this.

My immediate reaction was a little quick to defend all that was already said late today about the "CSI effect" and that if there is no DNA evidence it means there is no case (which we have discussed is false).

So sorry if my frustration came forward in my note. It just blew me away that all the evidence could come in and someone could walk away and say the state had nothing.

Just passionate on my part. Sorry again!

Same way you tap any other phone. It is all digital.

Oh. I am super clueless on the wire tapping. To me the word "wire" means truly a wire. I'm sure it did originally but became digital years ago. I don't know how it's done at all. Thanks for clearing it up!

I'm not appalled at all that the state would follow up on multiple witnesses claims along with cell phone evidence and those locations lining up with the evidence of her remains.

What is your explanation for that? Specifically your explanation for cell phone locations putting Zach Adams and Jason Autry's phones at the location of her remains at the time Jason said they were there. Pure coincidence?

No, I don't believe this many people come forward wanting their 15 min of fame, and that everyone is doing each other favors on the down-low in exchange for MANY witnesses testimony. That's completely unbelievable to me.

I would be APPALLED if this case were never brought to court and if Zach Adams walked a free man.

You mean the bitter ex-girlfriend? or the rapist? the addicts? the felon who held a gun maybe used in an infamous murder then carelessly disposed of it by getting his wife to do the deed in a few inches of water? Not sure who all these fine upstanding citizens are, but looking at some of the clips on various news reports I don't see a whole lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆