Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo Sept 19, 2017 graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad the state was very decent to the defense witnesses. They got what they needed from the defense witnesses and no one was humiliated on the stand. I was expecting more vitriol and "Juan Martinez-esque."

(For those of you who don't know who Juan Martinez is, he was the prosecutor in the Jodi Arias case in Arizona. A man of small stature and huge brains, whose style could easily be called "bull dog extreme." He's tenacious and aggressive even with his own witnesses, not just the other side's, and his style can be intimidating and in your face.)

agreed...as much as I enjoy watching Juan at times he was really too much in terms of being abrasive.

I'm glad the state was very decent to the defense witnesses. They got what they needed from the defense witnesses and no one was humiliated on the stand. I was expecting more vitriol and "Juan Martinez-esque."

(For those of you who don't know who Juan Martinez is, he was the prosecutor in the Jodi Arias case in Arizona. A man of small stature and huge brains, whose style could easily be called "bull dog extreme." He's tenacious and aggressive even with his own witnesses, not just the other side's, and his style can be intimidating and in your face.)
Personally I would pay to see Juan Martinez cross examine Zach Adams and the rest of the A Team.[emoji41]

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Did it occur to anyone else that with all the evidence spoken about Britt, there might be someone else out there in the woods? IMO

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Seriously gave me the chills. [emoji15]

Have I missed it? The Defense said they would bring up lies and did they ever talk about the Bobo's bank accounts?

Have I missed it? The Defense said they would bring up lies and did they ever talk about the Bobo's bank accounts?

you did not miss it...this defense attorney so far has followed up on none of the bombshells she threw out....it is a very strange strategy.

JMO and a big fat MOO ...

But I have to say I am totally disappointed with this Trial -- both the State and Defense cases.

JMO and another big fat MOO ... but SOMETHING was missing from this Trial.

I go back to an article that was posted in the Jackson Sun on November 18, 2015 entitled:

Holly Bobo suspect trials not expected until 2017

Snippets from this article states:

McGinley noted that he had been pushing to have motions heard, but has recognized that defense attorneys for the three defendants will need time to go through four terabytes of evidence. The evidence, turned over to defense attorneys Matt Maddox, Jennifer Thompson and James Simmons in a digital format, equals more than 100,000 pages of evidence.

Nichols said the case had almost 200,000 pages of evidence, including a 600-person witness list, due to a four-year investigation with multiple local, state and federal agencies assisting. More evidence could possibly be presented leading up to the trial

Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...2015/11/18/holly-bobo-hearing-trial/75961646/

So according to the State, there was 4 TERABYTES of evidence, and 600 people on the Witness List.

The State called less than 50 witnesses -- that is a huge difference from 600, and HOW MUCH of these 4 Terabytes was presented as evidence? Not much, IMO.

Yes Yes ... the State can do what they want, streamline the evidence and witness list ... I understand and know how the trial process works. I understand that the State does NOT need 600 witnesses and 4 Terabytes of evidence to get a conviction in their case.

But it was totally misleading to tell the public that this case was HUGE and yada yada yada ...

I totally understand that this was a circumstantial case and I understand what that means ... what I am saying is the State gave the "impression" that they had this case in the bag ...

I don't know ... there is too much information that was MISSING from the State, and in my opinion, the TRUTH was missing!

:moo: :moo: and :moo:

During Mr. Dicus' testimony today - on cross examination - he was asked if he (Dicus) was aware that ZA told KB that SA walked Holly into the woods - this was one of two things Karen said she got from ZA. Also about the spoof card. Defense objected and said that she was not aware KB had stated that. I just don't get how Jennifer T was not paying complete attention to KB's testimony and how she could not know what was said about her client. No point here really I guess - just another thing that baffles me, lol

But I have to say I am totally disappointed with this Trial -- both the State and Defense cases.

I go back to an article that was posted in the Jackson Sun on November 18, 2015 entitled:

McGinley noted that he had been pushing to have motions heard, but has recognized that defense attorneys for the three defendants will need time to go through four terabytes of evidence. The evidence, turned over to defense attorneys Matt Maddox, Jennifer Thompson and James Simmons in a digital format, equals more than 100,000 pages of evidence.

Nichols said the case had almost 200,000 pages of evidence, including a 600-person witness list, due to a four-year investigation with multiple local, state and federal agencies assisting. More evidence could possibly be presented leading up to the trial

Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...2015/11/18/holly-bobo-hearing-trial/75961646/

So according to the State, there was 4 TERABYTES of evidence, and 600 people on the Witness List.

The State called less than 50 witnesses -- that is a huge difference from 600, and HOW MUCH of these 4 Terabytes was presented as evidence? Not much, IMO.

Yes Yes ... the State can do what they want, streamline the evidence and witness list ... I understand and know how the trial process works. I understand that the State does NOT need 600 witnesses and 4 Terabytes of evidence to get a conviction in their case.

But it was totally misleading to tell the public that this case was HUGE and yada yada yada ...

I totally understand that this was a circumstantial case and I understand what that means ... what I am saying is the State gave the "impression" that they had this case in the bag ...

I don't know ... there is too much information that was MISSING from the State, and in my opinion, the TRUTH was missing!

thanks to putting it in words...I so agree this trial has been a disappointment...I sort of feel it lost its way and focus and both sides for me were less than impressive.....very little passion on the part of any attorney...sort of like they needed to do this ...they are getting it done and thats it...the judge sort of fosters this feeling. Somehow it does not feel as serious as it should in there...can't quite put my finger on it but thats my reaction.

thanks to putting it in words...I so agree this trial has been a disappointment...I sort of feel it lost its way and focus and both sides for me were less than impressive.....very little passion on the part of any attorney...sort of like they needed to do this ...they are getting it done and thats it...the judge sort of fosters this feeling. Somehow it does not feel as serious as it should in there...can't quite put my finger on it but thats my reaction.

:seeya:

BBM: Yep, Yep and Yep ! And good points.

JMO but it's like the State and Judge just want to get this over with ... they want it gone ...

And the State, and Judge, have an attitude like "nothing to see here" ... keep moving ... nothing ... nothing at all.

:gaah: and :moo:

JMO but it's like the State and Judge just want to get this over with ... they want it gone ...

And the State, and Judge, have an attitude like "nothing to see here" ... keep moving ... nothing ... nothing at all.

yes that feeling comes across loud and clear...this is a death penalty case that is being rushed...i for one am offended by this...the end result could just be some compromise verdict or worse hung...and then we still have 2 more out there that need to be held accountable. The judge is nice but somehow has a different demeanor than I am used to.

Listening to Billy's testimony...boy he is the kind of guy that I bet Dick wished his grandsons could have been..nice guy and again state made him their own witness....did nothing for the defense.

I was thinking the same thing as I watched his testimony. Seems Papaw is about ready to retire. I'd be willing to bet anything it will be Billy who looks out for him. The very thing that Grandkids should do. I pleased that he did not give Zac a complete pass on that truck being there. He made sure he said "I think". Billy knew what he was doing. He let the Prosecution have their way on that part.

JMO

Agreed! So much of this case was seemingly overhyped to result in such an anti-climactic trial. I'm not sure if I'm phrasing that right, but I for one genuinely thought there would be some true concrete evidence here and that justice for Holly was honestly going to be achieved. I had to catch up with everything today, and it's taken most of my evening, but when I made it up to the State RESTING!!! Really?!
I agree with what dog.gone.cute said earlier, there was too much missing! There IS too much missing! I am so disappointed right now.
Regardless, though, I will follow this through and pray for the best. It's friggen insulting at this point, like poor Holly is just another statistic and the court is just plodding along to wrap it up! :gaah:

I was thinking the same thing as I watched his testimony. Seems Papaw is about ready to retire. I'd be willing to bet anything it will be Billy who looks out for him. The very thing that Grandkids should do. I pleased that he did not give Zac a complete pass on that truck being there. He made sure he said "I think". Billy knew what he was doing. He let the Prosecution have their way on that part.

JMO

Billy got a sick look on his face everything he was asked if he knew Z and the others...there was something about that look that said to me he knows so much about what these guys have done over the years and probably stole so much from papaw.

I feel a little like this also. But im also sitting back thinking are we just disappointed because our morbid curiosity isn't being satisfied?

We all want answers down to the nitty gritty but reality is the prosecution put a star witness (JA) on the stand and followed on with witnesses that confirmed everything he testified to. They didn't need to add any more to it. It spoke for itself. Why add more witnesses and testimonies that could muddy the waters and create holes in a story? Sometimes less is more.

I have so so many questions still but realise these are not questions of guilt anymore but more questions of details and there is a difference. It was stated at the start of the trial that we may never know the full extent of what happened to Holly. I think we need to be content with that providing the right people go down for it. Which they are IMO.

Still waiting on a bombshell from the defence.

And, as always, sitting on the fence haha.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

yes that feeling comes across loud and clear...this is a death penalty case that is being rushed...i for one am offended by this...the end result could just be some compromise verdict or worse hung...and then we still have 2 more out there that need to be held accountable. The judge is nice but somehow has a different demeanor than I am used to.
Yep...I agree. I'm worried if there is a conviction, it will get overturned on appeal.....

I think the motive is so obvious that the Prosecution is letting it speak for itself. This lowest link in the human chain decided he wanted to kidnap and rape a beautiful, young woman who was way beyond his reach. He knew that he would have to snuff her life out, he couldn't let her live and put he and his partners in jeopardy. He planned from the start to kidnap, gang rape and murder this innocent, young woman. He had absolutely no regard for her pain and suffering and held no value for her life. Like a rabid dog.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

You could write part of the closing argument for the state. Just hearing it makes me fire up with angered passion all over again. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who hyped this? The media, definitely. The defense, maybe? Case followers, likely. Lots of publicity because Holly went missing and vanished and her remains weren't found for >3 years.

4 terabytes is a copy of a hard drive and potential evidence. Doesn't mean all of it is relevant to the case or necessary to show in a trial. Defense attorneys might make a big deal of having to go through a lot of discovery to try and determine what's most important to their case and what digital data may help sink their client. Because they get all of the discovery, every bit collected over the years, it can be overwhelming.

600 witnesses means that's how many people were talked to over the course of the investigation.

It's expensive to a county to try murder cases and moving the trial along and not wasting time is good management. When a jury is sequestered that is a large expense on top of the trial and attorneys and a big disruption to the jury's lives.

There will always be areas that remain a mystery because the victim can't talk and the perp isn't telling what all he did and what all he knows. Fortunately he did open his mouth and talk to a bunch of people in the community in the weeks and months after the murder, and he more than implicated himself a little.

I suspect some disappointment is because there aren't any forensic gotchas. There is no forensic evidence and that's the kind of detail people like to see (blood, hair, fibers, fingerprints, footprints, DNA matches). To those who rely on seeing that in cases, it's a let down. That's the CSI effect right there.

Jail creed, ,street creed... how much of the talk was jsut that? Talk for creed? We may never know. :(

I'm just finishing up binge watching the trial. I knew no details of the case prior to watching--in fact, the only name I knew in the case was Holly's name. What a cast of characters!

Unless the defense comes up with some huge bombshell tomorrow, I think the State will win. Their strategy on cross has been brilliant--in particular, their not impeaching the credibility of the TBI agent.

At this point, if I was Zach, I'd be royally pissed at my attorney. I have never in my life seen an attorney ask so many questions she didn't know the answers to. She's been shot down doing it so many times, but she just can't help herself. It's hilarious. Is she paid or court appointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy