Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo Sept 19, 2017 graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee,

Thank you for stepping up and sharing this. I am truly happy to hear it. And point well-taken. Easily, my off the cuff comments in one post I made about "Holly's family might have thought about moving if this drug culture is so prevalent" could have easily contributed to your writing this.

I let a courtroom filled with a handful of bad eggs, cloud an entire perception of an area which is truly unfair and I'm sorry. I'm from Dallas, TX (a completely crime-free oasis..you better get bag-packing.) Ha! :) I lived there for 14 years growing up and I can't say anywhere close to the complimentary things you said about your people and hometown. I won't move back.

My extended family roots are from Selma, AL, and really on the outskirts. They are southern to the core, hospitable as can be, no drug issues whatsoever, and would give you the shirt off their back. I guarantee, after seeing this problem in a whole new light here as a national epidemic, there could be a drug culture that I don't even know about in Selma that could fill a courtroom of people in that town too. This case for me brought awareness of that for sure.

Living in the Nashville area, I have never seen more social media, rallies, displays, and posters for a missing person in my entire life....even in bigger cities like Dallas and Atlanta, than I saw for Holly Bobo. I had friends in Nashville that participated in a lot of it that didn't even know Holly personally or live in your county. Very much a testament of the passion, heart, and strength of community in Decatur County. Thank you for pointing it out. I'm sorry again for the generalizations.

BACK TO TOPIC -----thanks all for sharing all of you did today as I was able to hear very little live testimony. You all made it fun to read!

My favorite "built-in" peanut gallery sprinkled in with the tweet-reading. "Spot-on" peanut gallery I might add. Not one extra comment to add by me on it. Imagine that?!

Ready for Day 9!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! ❤️

I thought it was ironic that when that cocky ex TBI agent Dikus was testifying he called the defendants in this case "idiots" when the truth of the matter is the "idiots" outsmarted him for years while the Bobo family waited for Justice.

It seems nobody wants to really go after the TBI for the mishandling of the case for years almost for political reasons. Stowe was the first one and look how quickly he was shunned and shut down. Had they focused more on the guys that everybody in town knew did it they could have possibly found Holly's remains at a time that there could have been forensic or DNA evidence. Look at how many homes were searched and damaged, lives ruined and not so much as an apology.

These guys could have been prosecuted by posters on T***ix sooner than the TBI.

JMO

I'm just finishing up binge watching the trial. I knew no details of the case prior to watching--in fact, the only name I knew in the case was Holly's name. What a cast of characters!

Unless the defense comes up with some huge bombshell tomorrow, I think the State will win. Their strategy on cross has been brilliant--in particular, their not impeaching the credibility of the TBI agent.

At this point, if I was Zach, I'd be royally pissed at my attorney. I have never in my life seen an attorney ask so many questions she didn't know the answers to. She's been shot down doing it so many times, but she just can't help herself. It's hilarious. Is she paid or court appointed?

I believe she was hired by ZA's grandfather and is now paid by the state

I think we have seen some of the good of this county in this trial beyond those who searched. Witnesses were just going about being good and honorable people who would never have a day in court if it weren't for these monsters who took Holly.

I do believe that the underbelly we see is definitely emblematic of the drug problem that exists in many places where people are economically depressed and unable to get out. A couple of the witnesses who had been drug users spoke of getting out in order to break the cycle. The currently incarcerated witnesses appear to be cycling in and out of jail.

I truly felt for Shane Austin's mother--- her son was a drug addict, she and her husband feared him, they couldn't let go, her SIL took care of him, he gets back on drugs ultimately killing himself, and now she can't unread his words in the plea agreement that was rescinded. To hear in open court how he masturbated. To hear about how he stared at young women and that Zach said he was the monster who took Holly. I can't imagine the pain and self-recrimination that takes ahold. And, they can't ever ask him if it was all true. I tried to think if I would have been as defensive as her. I tell myself that I would absolutely hold my child accountable. But, I don't know for sure that I could. There but for the grace of g-d go I.

And, I am curious about so many things. Why Karen Bobo knew to tell Clint to go and shoot the man taking her daughter away? Is that a part of the underbelly of this county and hideousness of this drug problem? Is protecting your daughter in that way part of the way of life for this area of this community? How could this heinous kidnapping garner so much LE attention so fast? How could Zach Adams have had the power to deflect LE looking into him?

And, most importantly, how has this community rallied and changed after this crime? Is it better? Worse? More divided?

Holly Bobo's murder is not the only crime here. Many people are being failed by the systems that are in place in this county.

BBM: Why Karen Bobo knew to tell Clint to go and shoot the man taking her daughter away? Huh? Why wouldn't a mother tell her son to shoot the strange man her son said was taking her daughter away???

I think it's going to be ok. The state has done enough to put Zachary away for awhile. They all should be kept away from the public for many, many years.
If my life was on the line, I'd want to speak. Tell the jury I'm
Innocent. If Adams doesn't speak, we have to go with autry's story.

BBM: Why Karen Bobo knew to tell Clint to go and shoot the man taking her daughter away? Huh? Why wouldn't a mother tell her son to shoot the strange man her son said was taking her daughter away???

Yes, let me make myself clear. How did she go right to shooting him? How did she know it wasn't the bf? Was she afraid because of the spread of meth? Had there been prior issues? Had her daughter told her she had been followed? Why was that her gut? NOT so much that she shouldn't go to that conclusion but the why

Jail creed, ,street creed... how much of the talk was jsut that? Talk for creed? We may never know. :(

An inmate who is in protective custody, who is only out of his cell one hour of every day, and then is only around others in the same protective custody, does not need to talk tough to protective himself from the general population/inmates.

And his 'tough talking' seemed to be centered around 2 things===getting a harsh message to Dylan to keep his mouth shut, and asking about personal salvation and forgiveness.

It did not seem like much of it was for jail cred.

From this timeline, fifteen minutes elapsed between the scream and walking into the woods. Granted, the times may be off a little, but 15 minutes is a long time. There was conversation between them and Holly got injured. Seems like a very long time, an eternity for Holly.

http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stories/holly-bobo-timeline/467508942

We will never know what happened in that carport. I often want to know the how and why--I think I must hope that it will vaccinate me from bad things or something-- of these situations. 15 minutes is an eternity. DO we know when the first call to Karen was in that time frame. Makes me queasy to think she could have been saved.

I think the motive is so obvious that the Prosecution is letting it speak for itself. This lowest link in the human chain decided he wanted to kidnap and rape a beautiful, young woman who was way beyond his reach. He knew that he would have to snuff her life out, he couldn't let her live and put he and his partners in jeopardy. He planned from the start to kidnap, gang rape and murder this innocent, young woman. He had absolutely no regard for her pain and suffering and held no value for her life. Like a rabid dog.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Yes, yes, yes. Men who feel entitled to sex from any woman and are resentful that they cannot have any that they choose, so, they have to be punished and humiliated by these men. I so feel for Holly's family that these dirty men thought that they had a right to their lovely, clean and shining girl and threw her away like rubbish and just went on with their lives. I would bet that there are a few more victims of theirs, either hidden in those woods or if alive, too scared to tell.

We will never know what happened in that carport. I often want to know the how and why--I think I must hope that it will vaccinate me from bad things or something-- of these situations. 15 minutes is an eternity. DO we know when the first call to Karen was in that time frame. Makes me queasy to think she could have been saved.

From this link:

http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stories/holly-bobo-timeline/467508942

April 13, 2011 – 7:40 AM

"Bobo's neighbor said he heard a scream as he left for work. He told his mother about it then left. Holly's brother Clint, who had been sleeping, says he did not hear the scream. The neighbor's mother called Karen Bobo at work about five minutes later." - Jackson Sun

From this timeline Karen first found out at 7:45 am.

Yes, let me make myself clear. How did she go right to shooting him? How did she know it wasn't the bf? Was she afraid because of the spread of meth? Had there been prior issues? Had her daughter told her she had been followed? Why was that her gut? NOT so much that she shouldn't go to that conclusion but the why

I can absolutely relate to her fears and her reasons for reaching that desperate conclusion. She had a very striking and noticeable young daughter. She probably received unwanted, sketchy attention most of her life. It is hard to explain just how rude and intrusive some men can be when they take a fancy to your child.

Holly was beautiful, blonde, petite, vibrant and everyone in that small town knew it.

My daughter began modeling and acting as a young girl. She is very beautiful. As early as elementary school, we would see men leering, giving her lecherous looks, whistling, trying to speak to her. And it only got worse as she matured. Cars honking, pulling over to speak to her when she walks her dog. And she dresses very modestly, no make up, just staying under the radar.

We have had stalkers, both cyber and physical, and one man was arrested for following her to publicity events she was doing for a show. He was obsessed with her and it was the most frightening thing a parent can imagine.

I would absolutely tell my son to 'shoot someone' who he saw walking her away from our carport. In a split second I would say that. :eek:

An inmate who is in protective custody, who is only out of his cell one hour of every day, and then is only around others in the same protective custody, does not need to talk tough to protective himself from the general population/inmates.

And his 'tough talking' seemed to be centered around 2 things===getting a harsh message to Dylan to keep his mouth shut, and asking about personal salvation and forgiveness.

It did not seem like much of it was for jail cred.

He won't be in protective custody for long after conviction. I also think he needs to be the center of attention so he tries to get attention and adulation from people to puff himself up. Why else brag about your bond being bigger than other peoples.

BIB: The bf had gone hunting on Holly's grandmothers property that morning and he had rang Holly to tell her some relatives (?) were questioning him about hunting on the property. He told them who he was and that he had permission to hunt there. Holly mentioned this to her mother that morning! That's how Karen knew, the person arguing with Holly and walking into the woods with her was NOT her bf as he was hunting on the grandmothers property! (Can someone else verify this is what happened please).

Why would he instantly dismiss the idea that Natalie Bobo was involved simply because it was a man who kidnapped Holly. He acted totally astonished that Defense would even question this aspect. Shaking my head here.
Struck me odd too. Almost like he took it personal...

Do we know if Holly's body was dismembered? And if she was buried or just dumped in the woods.

I can absolutely relate to her fears and her reasons for reaching that desperate conclusion. She had a very striking and noticeable young daughter. She probably received unwanted, sketchy attention most of her life. It is hard to explain just how rude and intrusive some men can be when they take a fancy to your child.

Holly was beautiful, blonde, petite, vibrant and everyone in that small town knew it.

My daughter began modeling and acting as a young girl. She is very beautiful. As early as elementary school, we would see men leering, giving her lecherous looks, whistling, trying to speak to her. And it only got worse as she matured. Cars honking, pulling over to speak to her when she walks her dog. And she dresses very modestly, no make up, just staying under the radar.

We have had stalkers, both cyber and physical, and one man was arrested for following her to publicity events she was doing for a show. He was obsessed with her and it was the most frightening thing a parent can imagine.

I would absolutely tell my son to 'shoot someone' who he saw walking her away from our carport. In a split second I would say that. :eek:

My younger daughter who is not famous and not particularly beautiful, but attractive, slim, but with large breasts that just appeared suddenly when she was twelve years old, would wear big, shapeless sweaters because middle aged men would ogle her and sometimes say offensive things to her. She had stalkers too, at fifteen years old. One persistent one was warned by police, but nothing else done. Just warned and he turned up again two years later, when she was living back in my house, banging on my front door and calling she and I, the names that men call women who want nothing to do with them. He was more my age than my daughters, so I called the police again, and they gave him a lift home. Nothing else happened to him.

Sorry - another long post - but you guys were busy again last night!

kaen said:
It seems that the defense front loads her testimony. I would imagine that we will see a cell tower expert and the driving lady, the shell station, and Britt's phone pings in relation to Holly's phone pings will be on the docket tomorrow.

Does anyone recall the "time" they drove to the Shell station? I'd like to put it in the timeline. Wasn't it AFTER like 11am? :thinking:

Here's what I have so far on the timeline (if anyone can ADD the "actual" place of these pings - i.e. - 9am ping of Jason's - is at say - his house, or driving north to Shell station, etc., etc. I think it would help to better understand "where" on a map they were.

lonetraveler said:
truly, truly hope that the jury is not of the same caliber as the witnesses on this case.

If you have a felony conviction - isn't it true you can't vote or serve on a jury?? Or am I thinking wrong?? :thinking:

Madeleine said:
(For those of you who don't know who Juan Martinez is, he was the prosecutor in the Jodi Arias case in Arizona. A man of small stature and huge brains, whose style could easily be called "bull dog extreme." He's tenacious and aggressive even with his own witnesses, not just the other side's, and his style can be intimidating and in your face.)

and this emoticon is for Juan - :juanettes:
if you look on the "More" part of emoticons here - you will see it says : juanettes :

lonetraveler said:
Personally I would pay to see Juan Martinez cross examine Zach Adams and the rest of the A Team.

Me too! That would be something to see!

Gee said:
During Mr. Dicus' testimony today - on cross examination - he was asked if he (Dicus) was aware that ZA told KB that SA walked Holly into the woods - this was one of two things Karen said she got from ZA. Also about the spoof card. Defense objected and said that she was not aware KB had stated that. I just don't get how Jennifer T was not paying complete attention to KB's testimony and how she could not know what was said about her client. No point here really I guess - just another thing that baffles me, lol

You know - I forgot Karen had said that too - so maybe it was a good reminder to the jurors!!

Plumeria said:
snipped by me....
From this timeline

Thanks for that link - I'll check it against what I have and will post an updated one for us.

Rayemonde said:
Do we know if Holly's body was dismembered? And if she was buried or just dumped in the woods.

I don't know the answer to this either - anyone know?

K - going to work on the timeline - see you all back here at 8:30am CT! :wave:

I feel a little like this also. But im also sitting back thinking are we just disappointed because our morbid curiosity isn't being satisfied?

We all want answers down to the nitty gritty but reality is the prosecution put a star witness (JA) on the stand and followed on with witnesses that confirmed everything he testified to. They didn't need to add any more to it. It spoke for itself. Why add more witnesses and testimonies that could muddy the waters and create holes in a story? Sometimes less is more.

I have so so many questions still but realise these are not questions of guilt anymore but more questions of details and there is a difference. It was stated at the start of the trial that we may never know the full extent of what happened to Holly. I think we need to be content with that providing the right people go down for it. Which they are IMO.

Still waiting on a bombshell from the defence.

And, as always, sitting on the fence haha.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Just a little bit to add on to my previous post that i also think the defense really has not got much to prove innocence here, not even enough to prove reasonably doubt IMO.

The only bombshell that could come now would be Shane Austin rising from the dead to testify or Dylan Adams testifying. Although it would make for a pretty sensational case then, really, it would only be a bombshell in that they might add more details to the crime and perhaps incriminate Jason Autry in more than he admitted to being involved in. Nothing either of them could say now (dead or alive) if they testified would set ZA free because hes up to his eyeballs in it no matter who seems to tell the story or their warped version of the events that day. He is the only person on trial for these crimes right this moment so we need to remember that and stop looking to prosecute the others in this trial alone. Everyone will have their day in court.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member