Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snip

Cell phone records placed him in the area where her body was found nightly since she disappeared, McCarthy said.

https://patch.com/maryland/columbia/who-tyler-tessier-9-things-know-columbia-teachers-murder

Snip

A male friend said Tessier called him on Sunday, Sept. 3, and asked if he could take Tessier to Baltimore to pick up a vehicle, a request the friend "quickly refused," according to charging documents.

The friend thought it was "extremely strange that Tessier wanted to go to Baltimore and that according to Tessier, he could only do this 'late night,'" charging documents stated.

Tessier texted him: "Sorry man. Didn't mean to make you feel like I was trying to put you in a bad spot," to which his friend said going to the city late at night was a bad idea. Tessier reportedly wrote: "It probably is. Just trying to clean up a mess."

Just to correct my above post #1037 (sorry, mixed up my Thursdays)--while TT had privacy on the property Labor Day weekend, he may have not had as much in the week and a half after buryng her body there. It depends on how busy the meat-packing plant is this time of year, I suppose. I tend to think, though, he was just going back to check to see if she was still buried and hidden from sight, as it appears she wasn't buried very deeply. He seems to have other compulsive behavior patterns (lying, womanizing), so his being a bit O/C this way would fit. JMO.

Police say Tessier also told them that the last time he saw Wallen alive was the morning of Monday, Sept. 4 at her home on Rolling Meadow Way in Olney.

Investigators say Tessier told them he drove back to her condo after she didn’t show up but never entered the home, as he had already returned Wallen’s key.

Snipped

However, police say they spoke to a neighbor of Wallen’s who says he saw Tessier walking Wallen’s dog around 2:30 p.m. that day.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/...r-said-boyfriend-was-taking-her-on-adventure/

Wow. He's compassionate enough to care for her dog but yet could still murder her with a shot to the back of the head? Unbelievable.

Wow. He's compassionate enough to care for her dog but yet could still murder her with a shot to the back of the head? Unbelievable.

Has nothing to do with compassion for the dog, IMO. He had to keep taking care of the dog so it would look like she had been there until Monday. Just like his other actions to try to distance himself from her and redirect blame, he was dumb and got caught in the lie he told about giving back her key. :moo:

The charging docs will answer many speculations; I know the print is small, but if you open up the link, scroll to the bottom, and click on the "X" in a box (bottom left), it'll open up all 6 pages for you scroll through and read.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...essier-charged-wallen-20170915-htmlstory.html

A sampling of facts:

p. 4 (of 6):

TT called a [male] acquaintance (read name before it was struck out) Sunday Sep 3 "asking if he would drive [TT] to Baltimore to pick up a vehicle during the late night hours."

p. 5:

Middle of first paragraph details where they discovered the removed license plate from her car.

A second male acquaintance/friend was the owner of the property where LW's body was found. He told LE "he was out of town for Labor Day Weekend and no one was at his residence. This would have allowed [TT] access to the property without anyone knowing." So it would appear TT did not keep going back all those times due to running into workers and not having privacy.

p. 6 (top):

This details the text exchange between LW and her sister verbatim (at time of taking field photo) for those upthread who asked.

I just want to clarify my above question about the trip to Baltimore a little more. I know that he texted his friend saying he needed to get there to pick up a vehicle, but do you think that's really what he wanted to do? I wonder if they recovered any evidence that he had contacted someone in Baltimore about a car, or, if he ended up going at any point. It just seems strange to me that he would need to go to Baltimore Sunday night to get a car, so I'm wondering if it was a cover for needing to do something else there, or, if he really was going to pick up another car. Still not totally sure why he needed a car all of a sudden on the night after he killed Laura, especially since the charging documents specify he had a car (and had a friend pick him up to go retrieve it from Laura's apartment after he left Laura's at the other apartment complex).

I just want to clarify my above question about the trip to Baltimore a little more. I know that he texted his friend saying he needed to get there to pick up a vehicle, but do you think that's really what he wanted to do? I wonder if they recovered any evidence that he had contacted someone in Baltimore about a car, or, if he ended up going at any point. It just seems strange to me that he would need to go to Baltimore Sunday night to get a car, so I'm wondering if it was a cover for needing to do something else there, or, if he really was going to pick up another car. Still not totally sure why he needed a car all of a sudden on the night after he killed Laura, especially since the charging documents specify he had a car (and had a friend pick him up to go retrieve it from Laura's apartment after he left Laura's at the other apartment complex).
Gotcha--I understand, now. Well, it's what he told the friend who was asked to drive him (and who declined) - this is what that person told LE, at least, and that same friend might have been surprised if he drove TT to Baltimore and there was no car to pick up after all. That would then require even more explaining by TT and arouse more suspicion. In other words, there are easier lies to pass off if TT just wanted a quick late-night ride to Baltimore (sick relative, etc) to dispose of a gun (or whatever reason).Hard to know for sure but my own tentative theory is that he was in panic mode that afternnon after the murder and thought he had to get rid of his own car, perhaps because it had evidence tying it to the murder. (There were tire marks near her gravesite; perhaps they belonged to his car.)

Odd to me as well.

I wonder if he wanted to drop Laura's car off in baltimore. He planted the idea that the baby was not his in text to Laura's sister from Laura's phone.
Wonder if Laura's ex lived in baltimore.

Odd to me as well.

I wonder if he wanted to drop Laura's car off in baltimore. He planted the idea that the baby was not his in text to Laura's sister from Laura's phone.

I think he lived out of state.

no, Antoine lives in massachussetts

Odd to me as well.

Has nothing to do with compassion for the dog, IMO. He had to keep taking care of the dog so it would look like she had been there until Monday. Just like his other actions to try to distance himself from her and redirect blame, he was dumb and got caught in the lie he told about giving back her key. :moo:

Plus we don't know how compassionate he was to the dog...he could have been mean/abusive for all we know...

Her texts to her sister about being ina. Field made me think that was a likely possibility. Shot before she could suspect a thing. He probably walked away to get the gun and *advertiser censored* it and told her to turn around and wait. Maybe he blindfolded her as part of her "surprise".

I can't imagine how it would feel to know you're about to end someone's life like that. The level of depravity necessary is frightening.

(bbm)

I know I'm way behind, but when I read that,
the pit of my stomach sank -- perhaps this
could be what the "purple fabric item" is?
Blindfolded her with it, then lead her to the
edge of the pre-dug grave...
:(

(bbm)

I know I'm way behind, but when I read that,
the pit of my stomach sank -- perhaps this
could be what the "purple fabric item" is?
Blindfolded her with it, then lead her to the
edge of the pre-dug grave...
:(

The purple fabric was her scarf, she was known to wear scarfs.

Prosecutors in Montgomery County are weighing whether to charge a man with the murder of his unborn child. Police arrested Tyler Tessier late last week and charged him in the murder of his girlfriend Laura Wallen, who was said to have been four months pregnant.

http://weaa.org/post/montgomery-county-police-mulling-additional-charges-against-murder-suspect
I pray they do. This narcissistic murderer truly believed he was smart enough to get away with this horrific act. I think he honestly believed people would just assume she left on her own and forget about her before he ever got caught.

A number of people asked about the meat processing plant and I just wanted to say my husband is a deer hunter in a rural area and these "plants" are very small, one man shops usually. The owner may have some family help or occasional hired help, but that's about it usually. I'm wondering if Tyler was staying there after his fiancé discovered what he was up to. Normally these game processing shops are next to the owners home, though that may not be the case here. I also believe I read somewhere that the owner said he was looking a lot at the meat grinder? Maybe he was hoping to dig her up and dispose of her that way once he started to get nervous. It's a sick thought but I wouldn't put it past him. Either way, I'd say he was trying to keep an eye on the property to make sure it wasn't being searched.

Address is, 12400 Prices Distillery Rd, Clarksburg, MD 20872, United States

There is a small home to the right of the main home and out buildings. There is a road that leads to the back of the property, jmo i think this is where he went, at the end of the rd is a field surrounded by trees/woods.

Eta i agree with the 10 or so visits, they were drive bys to check that there was no activity.

I pray they do. This narcissistic murderer truly believed he was smart enough to get away with this horrific act. I think he honestly believed people would just assume she left on her own and forget about her before he ever got caught.

A number of people asked about the meat processing plant and I just wanted to say my husband is a deer hunter in a rural area and these "plants" are very small, one man shops usually. The owner may have some family help or occasional hired help, but that's about it usually. I'm wondering if Tyler was staying there after his fiancé discovered what he was up to. Normally these game processing shops are next to the owners home, though that may not be the case here. I also believe I read somewhere that the owner said he was looking a lot at the meat grinder? Maybe he was hoping to dig her up and dispose of her that way once he started to get nervous. It's a sick thought but I wouldn't put it past him. Either way, I'd say he was trying to keep an eye on the property to make sure it wasn't being searched.

idk how they will charge him in the baby's death if current MD law indicates the fetus be viable, although he certainly deserves it.

idk how they will charge him in the baby's death if current MD law indicates the fetus be viable, although he certainly deserves it.

Agreed. I really wish the law only required knowledge of pregnancy or intent to end pregnancy. It seems like it encourages a person wanting to end a pregnancy to kill early in the pregnancy the way it is written. Does not seem like good policy to me.

I think its slippery slope because if they word it to include first trimester / non viable, then you have the challenges to roe v. wade. just stating why I think they may write laws that way.

Agreed. I really wish the law only required knowledge of pregnancy or intent to end pregnancy. It seems like it encourages a person wanting to end a pregnancy to kill early in the pregnancy the way it is written. Does not seem like good policy to me.

I think its slippery slope because if they word it to include first trimester / non viable, then you have the challenges to roe v. wade. just stating why I think they may write laws that way.

Good point. Frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member