UNSOLVED NC - Wilkes Co, Photo of Gagged Woman Tied To Chair, Circa 1970s or Early 80s

Maybe the police followed up on the leads..and maybe they didn't because apparently this lady has called them on many occasions, possibly during short "separations" out of spite to try and get him in trouble..then they maybe get back together for a bit and she "takes back" her stories about him, etc! And then maybe they break up again so she calls the police with yet another story... What I am getting at is... If she knows what a bad man he is and he has told her in the past about all the women he has hurt then why does she wait until they become separated until she all of a sudden starts caring about all these possible women that he's hurt.. does it not matter to her as long as she is with this guy!? Just my thoughts and opinion! Again, if the police have never seen this picture or this hair then if I were in possession of them I would definitely bring them in to be investigated! Or we can all just guess what is behind the lady in the picture! my opinion only

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I would not judge her too harshly for That, since we dont know the circumstances. Maybe she was afraid of him or didn't beleive him until she found the hair and photo. Abuse can make people not reach out... even if it is something as big as thinking he has killed someone. Especially if she thinks the police wouldn't do anything... Then What? He knows she tried to turn him I'm, and now she has her past abuser possibly very angry with her...

If the ex wife sent it to Carl she has to know he is involved in Web sleuths and Namus she would have to expect it to be posted. She is looking for negative press and dirt on her ex husband.

If the ex wife sent it to Carl she has to know he is involved in Web sleuths and Namus she would have to expect it to be posted. She is looking for negative press and dirt on her ex husband.

BBM. Respectfully, you don't know that. Maybe she genuinely feels terrified that her ex may have hurt a woman and wants the woman to be identified. Carl is involved with WS in identifying unidentified victims. Maybe she read about the cases he has solved and hoped he could help solve this one. Or maybe she was looking for a neutral victim advocate to turn the info over to the police. Because maybe she knew the local police would think like you do. We can't know the veracity of her claims, but bottom line is: how can a victim get any help if their actions are treated with suspicion? Let's give her the benefit of doubt and be victim friendly.

It doesn't sound like she's too afraid of repurcussions if she has called the police many times before! And as far as a sheriff getting a phone call from thousands of miles away and not actually seeing any of the evidence, I can see why this was never investigated! I don't doubt this lady in the pic is a victim!! I just don't think there's anything left to do here until all the evidence goes to the authorities so this can properly get investigated! Holding it in California isn't doing anything for this lady in the picture! My opinion and thoughts only!

BBM. Respectfully, you don't know that. Maybe she genuinely feels terrified that her ex may have hurt a woman and wants the woman to be identified. Carl is involved with WS in identifying unidentified victims. Maybe she read about the cases he has solved and hoped he could help solve this one. Or maybe she was looking for a neutral victim advocate to turn the info over to the police. Because maybe she knew the local police would think like you do. We can't know the veracity of her claims, but bottom line is: how can a victim get any help if their actions are treated with suspicion? Let's give her the benefit of doubt and be victim friendly.

No I do not know for sure. No names have been mentioned.

The only victim is the one tied up in the picture! The picture that this other lady had, from what I read here, for a couple decades!! I suppose she could've went to the sheriff that Carl called that didn't know any of the parties involved!

Actually, no. If you go back and read the first page, there is *no mention* of the woman having kept the picture for a couple of decades. That's an assumption you made. The OP expressly said they do not know whether she knew of its existence/had it for a long time, or had only just found it in 2015 while rummaging through her ex's belongings.

The woman *is* allegedly a victim of this man, due to the domestic abuse she claims she suffered at his hands. She clearly fears others have suffered even worse and decided not to remain silent about it any longer.

As a survivor of domestic abuse myself, I find her story, her actions and reluctance to go to the local police due to their shared past history and his possible family influence extremely plausible.

As for the old adage: hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, statistics regarding violent crimes and the cases in this very forum says otherwise.

She contacted me because she saw my comments on the Angie Hamby thread, and saw that I had already spoken to the Wilkes Co Sheriff Dept about Chris Below possibly being the perp in the Hamby disappearance.

And BTW, she said that this was a loveless marriage from the start that she was pressured into by her parents when she was a teenager. So the speculation that this is an on-again, off-again relationship with all of the jealousy games and alternating break-ups and reconciliations - I'm just not seeing it in this situation.

I can't imagine she would try to slander her ex by sending the items to Carl rather then a tabloid or local new station. I'm just saying it's not plausible just that if I wanted to damage someone's name I wouldn't start at the forum that doesn't even connect to his name.

I'm in California. I called him on the telephone.

I have dealt with some kind of LE in CA in the past. It was some questions about a cold case that a grandson had about his murdered grandmother in the 70's.

The grandmother was very well to do. Her third husband was murdered as well.

My questions were referred to the detective in charge of cold cases. He responded to me via email which is the way we communicated as I too lived far from CA.

He told me that even though it was a long time ago, he could not give me any info. He did say that the grandson's father was not a suspect which was my friend's concern about his father.

My point is that some kind of correspondence whether it is by phone or email may bring some kind of closure for this issue.

And BTW, she said that this was a loveless marriage from the start that she was pressured into by her parents when she was a teenager. So the speculation that this is an on-again, off-again relationship with all of the jealousy games and alternating break-ups and reconciliations - I'm just not seeing it in this situation.

I'm on board with your judgement of the situation.

I didn't get a reply when I asked if you can divulge the approximate location where this apartment was located or if she gave you that info. I am guessing you probably already did a search of missing women in that general vicinity?

My point is that some kind some of correspondence whether it is by phone or email may bring some kind of closure for this issue.

I agree instead of this going into extra innings for a 2 years and 100 pages. It was already established the photo was taken in her ex husbands apartment (from the time he was was single). Why is everyone one posting and posting what is behind her head what is on the wall what is on the shelf? This is not solving anything or moving it forward.

It could be solved by the investigator saying, we got in touch with the gagged girl, the husband gave us her name, we called her and she said it was a prank! OR we are looking into it.

Yes, it is a much lighter shade of brown than that of the girl in the photo.
Based on the length of the thin braid vs the thicker ones it seems very possible they didn't belong to the same people. But when I did the narrow braid in my hair, I started a decent ways from the part (would have been easy to cut off without getting the roots), and I only used a small portion of the top layer of my hair for the braid. My hair was sun streaked so the top layer was several shades lighter than the rest of it. The difference in length in the photos of the braids is noticeable, but it's possible that the two thick braids were cut much lower than the thin one so don't know that a match can be ruled out for sure.
The photo, the braids, the messages from the ex-wife are extremely disturbing...

Actually, no. If you go back and read the first page, there is *no mention* of the woman having kept the picture for a couple of decades. That's an assumption you made. The OP expressly said they do not know whether she knew of its existence/had it for a long time, or had only just found it in 2015 while rummaging through her ex's belongings.

The woman *is* allegedly a victim of this man, due to the domestic abuse she claims she suffered at his hands. She clearly fears others have suffered even worse and decided not to remain silent about it any longer.

As a survivor of domestic abuse myself, I find her story, her actions and reluctance to go to the local police due to their shared past history and his possible family influence extremely plausible.

As for the old adage: hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, statistics regarding violent crimes and the cases in this very forum says otherwise.
Actually if you go back and read one of Carl's posts he States that she's been separated from this man and had these things for a couple decades!

And again without all the information that Carl has about this there is nothing to do here but try and get the case solved by sending the "evidence" into authorities or maybe FBI so the real professionals can look into all of this. Sitting on all the "evidence" and posting a pic of the victim without any other information is a little bit questionable to me! As I said, the only good thing about this pic being posted here is to put it out there so maybe someone can recognize her or themselves! I mean if I had this evidence and I really wanted this case to be solved then I wouldn't just post the pic and post some of what the ex said in the letter. Seems a little ridiculous actually! No offense to carl, because I think what you do is amazing, I just don't understand some of the actions and non actions going on here! And for all the posters that think they have to speak for Carl... I'm pretty sure he knows how to speak for himself!

And as Carl said.. he doesn't know what the sheriff did with the information he gave to the sheriff and it's none of his business wether they investigated it or not... Well I guess I would make it my business to make sure it was investigated and also to send the evidence into the proper authorities rather than just posting a pic with no info because that's obviously doing nothing for this victim! Besides a bunch of people seeing a bunch of different things.. dentist chairs, weaving looks, levers, candles, etc etc! Maybe she's sitting in an electric chair too! Who knows? NO ONE! because none of this evidence ever went anywhere besides the post office! My opinion and thoughts only!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back