GUILTY VA - Ashanti Billie, 19, found deceased, Virginia Beach, 18 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

<snipped> http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/09/...lege-student-missing-phone-found-in-dumpster/

Here is another map, showing the location where AB's car was abandoned.

https://goo.gl/maps/TaCNwJhabTN2

It looks like the car was driven along Rt 60 to where it was abandoned in Ocean View. Not good that whoever was in the car, possibly with AB, traveled so close to the water. Would someone be able to catch a ferry in Ocean View to get to, say, Buckroe Beach and Park where a vehicle may be parked.

AB's cell phone being found in Norfolk suggests 2 possbilities:
1.) Someone, with AB in the car, drove from the base to Norfolk and then backtracked/took I-64 to Ocean View.

2.) Two people are involved in the abduction of AB, one driving AB's car and the other driving a 2nd car. So, the one drives to Norfolk while the other drives to Ocean View.

Either way, he/she/they wanted to spread the evidence. Fortunately for LE, that's more opportunity to catch something/someone on camera. Hoping they did and Ashanti will be found soon.

ETA: meant to ask, what besides her cell phone was found in Norfolk?

Her cell phone was found in a dumpster in Norfolk on a residential street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn't a ferry from Oceanview to buckroe beach. The only way to get to those areas is the HRBT I-64 which is a pain.

I work near this part of Norfolk for the most part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
So, there is no public transportation that could take someone from Ocean View back to the Little Creek base, or across the bay? I looked for a Greyhound station in Ocean View, and there is none. So, makes more sense that two people were involved and they met up in Ocean View. MOO

So, there is no public transportation that could take someone from Ocean View back to the Little Creek base, or across the bay? I looked for a Greyhound station in Ocean View, and there is none. So, makes more sense that two people were involved and they met up in Ocean View. MOO
There's local buses but public transportation isn't very good in this area. There's the Tide but it's not in that part of Norfolk.

The cell phone was found near the botanical gardens and the Norfolk airport.

Ocean View does not have the best reputation for what it's worth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Her cell phone was found in a dumpster in Norfolk on a residential street

Sorry. I meant to ask what else besides her cell found was found there. I can't find it now--I remembered a quote in MSM, by AB's mother IIRC, saying other of AB's belongings were found in the same area.

Eek. I used to live in this apartment complex when I lived in VB for 9mos 7-8 years ago. This does not sound good, but hoping they find her safe soon!

The street her phone was found on is Tallyho Terrace in Norfolk.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1728957067410464
abafa4b704abbedc9acd81a2cf3b4f95.jpg

I have wondered this too. Most people think the bases are safe (they usually are, don’t get me wrong) but there are crimes that do happen such as larceny, etc. I think to myself if that were to happen to me (car jacking on base) I would slam on the brakes by the gate when I was leaving and jump out to the guards who are armed.

So many scenarios going thru my head.

Finding her car really changes my perspective on things. If she needed a break to get away I don’t think she would ditch her car.

Back in May there was another black female (and her infant daughter) reported missing in my city not far away from Norfolk. Do you remember Kier Johnson and her baby? She hasn’t been found nor her daughter. Kiers car was found miles away abandoned by some residences. :/

Great point about attracting the guards' attention or jumping out. And I'm still very mad and/or confused about Keir and her baby. Part of me thinks she's been found and there's no press about it, but part of me is ANGRY that there hasn't been more publicized about this case, if, in fact, they're still missing. Prayers for Ashanti!

I haven't checked the route but there's tons of tolls/tunnels. I wonder if the car would have had to go through EZPass but I'm sure LE has checked.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Also aren't both of her parents active duty military?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This scenario is my guessing only, but here is a possible imo only, on a scenario that could have happened. Operative word "could". So she enters the base 90 minutes early for her shift and leaves 30 minutes later, or an hour before her shift starts. Maybe she went there that early to meet with a married man on the base and left with him to go to a motel for a short time or something. Maybe this relationship had been going on for awhile.
Possibly(My theory only, everything is pure speculation on my part) she either gave him an ultimatum, or she got pregnant by him and told him if he didn't tell his wife about said relationship, she would. He either panicked or premeditated(depending on when she told him) something to keep her quiet. *pure speculation by me*, as far as I know she was not seeing anyone.
Does anyone know when she started working on the base? Was it long enough for a relationship to develop?
Is there anyway to determine when she typically checked in at the gate? Had she been arriving 90 min early consistently?
Everything is my opinion and speculation.

Article from today: http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-ne...rince-georges-county-teen-in-norfolk-virginia

Her family said Ashanti Billie showed no signs of being in trouble and, in fact, was excited about a recent job promotion at work.

“She was excited about it and that was something she shared with me. We would talk every other day and throughout those conversations her job would come up in there somewhere, somehow because she was excited about it,” her father Meltony Billie said.

The FBI said Ashanti Billie's cellphone was found later on Sept. 18 in a dumpster located near the corner of Tallyho Terrace and Azalea Garden Road in Norfolk, Virginia. Her car was later discovered on Saturday in the 9500 block of Lakeside Drive in the Ocean View area of Norfolk, Virginia, about 12 miles from the Army base with the windows rolled down.

More at link

She reportedly just moved to the VA Beach area in August to start school at the Culinary School of Arts, which is located near her apartment in Town Center (Pembroke Area) of VA Beach. Seems short term for this scenario, but you can just never know.

Per an earlier article, Ashanti was opening the store that day. Another employee showed up around 9:00 am? (not sure if this is correct) and she wasn't there. I assume AB was scheduled to work alone until the next shift arrived. They wouldn't have much business until around noon, IMO. I don't see where they serve breakfast foods, but the opener would likely set up for lunch time and prepare catering orders.

<snipped>
https://pilotonline.com/news/local/...cle_3f778746-bbe4-54c7-9da5-0d35617a583e.html

No hours are listed for this Blimpie store.
https://www.blimpie.com/stores/12268?latitude=36.9160055&longitude=-76.19063069999999

I wonder if she was carjacked when she arrived at work and was getting out of her car.

Per VA Pilot article: https://pilotonline.com/news/local/crime/fbi-takes-over-investigation-of-missing-virginia-beach--year/article_9fc78cc7-bb24-5176-88fa-f0df87d05483.html

"One of Billie’s roommates saw her leave the apartment around 4:20 or 4:30 a.m. that day, her mom said. The roommate said Billie was wearing a light-colored hoodie and black leggings with a Victoria’s Secret “Pink” logo on them, and was carrying a bag with her work clothes in it.

Billie typically would change at the shop on days that she had to get there early to do prep work, her mother said.

Billie drove up to one of the gates at the naval base at 4:56 a.m., where her ID was scanned by a guard, her mother said."

I presume that "prep" work for the Blimp Sub Shop includes baking bread for sandwiches. I get coffee beside a competing sub shop and they well into the baking when I'm there at 6am-ish. Wouldn't likely need more than one staff member for baking only, no one else arriving until later would make sense to me in that case.

RSBM

BBM Those words lead me to believe someone saw her leave for work that AM, whether it was a roommate or neighbor, or someone else. JMO

Per this VA Pilot Article: https://pilotonline.com/news/local/crime/fbi-takes-over-investigation-of-missing-virginia-beach--year/article_9fc78cc7-bb24-5176-88fa-f0df87d05483.html

"One of Billie&#8217;s roommates saw her leave the apartment around 4:20 or 4:30 a.m. that day, her mom said. The roommate said Billie was wearing a light-colored hoodie and black leggings with a Victoria&#8217;s Secret &#8220;Pink&#8221; logo on them, and was carrying a bag with her work clothes in it.

Billie typically would change at the shop on days that she had to get there early to do prep work, her mother said.

Billie drove up to one of the gates at the naval base at 4:56 a.m., where her ID was scanned by a guard, her mother said."

Million dollar question is are there any cameras or timeline info to be gained near the dumpster on Tallyho & Azalea Garden (Norfolk) and afterwards if the car is seen on East Little Creek Rd to Chesapeake Blvd or Norview Ave headed north/north west toward the area of the car found in Oceanview from Azalea Garden where the phone was found.

To clarify, Oceanview is also in Norfolk and the area of the 9500 block of Lakeside Dr. (where AB's car was located) is near the last exit of I-64 W through the HRBT (Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel). This exit is Westbound only and is closed during high traffic volume time frames, but at 4-6am isn't part of that closure time to enter onto I-64. Someone would need access on foot to get away to a nearby location, otherwise, they would have to have a ride, or something to drive to either backtrack or to quickly get on I-64W toward Hampton/Newport News close by the car location.

There are plenty of cameras along all the highways in this area due to traffic jams (http://www.511virginia.org). That includes all major roadways/interstates (I-64, 264, 664, 564, 464, etc) as well along the bridge/tunnel spans to Hampton. The stretch from I-264 at Independence (near AB's Town Center apartment) and I-64 W to Oceanview includes restricted HOV lanes, but no EZ-Pass tolls along this stretch of highway.

Billie works at Blimpie&#8217;s Subs on the base. According to the FBI, the video of her car entering Gate 3 was taken around 4:44 a.m. Because of an accident on base, she turned around and left three minutes later.

The FBI says Ashanti then drove to Gate 1 and entered the base there around 5 a.m.. She never arrived for work and never made it to her college classes that day. Later in the day, the car was seen leaving Gate 1 but it is unclear who was driving it.

She had to go in extra early for a reason and the article says "later in the day". I thought her car was seen leaving like an 1/2 later.

http://wavy.com/2017/09/26/fbi-releases-video-of-missing-womans-vehicle-at-jeb-little-creek/

The most detailed info I've read on AB is this Virginia Pilot article, which includes a map of points of interest already marked:
https://pilotonline.com/news/local/crime/fbi-takes-over-investigation-of-missing-virginia-beach--year/article_9fc78cc7-bb24-5176-88fa-f0df87d05483.html

Today, WAVY 10 posted a story to their website w/ video footage provide by the FBI of Joint Expeditionary Base (JEB) Little Creek of AB entering at Gate 3 at 4:44am and exiting 3 minutes later (4:47am) due to an accident on base. They report AB drives around to enter at Gate 1 around 5am. Interesting point is that the story w/ the video says "Later in the day, the car was seen leaving Gate 1but it is unclear who was driving it."

I thought I previously read/heard that the car left about 30 min. after arriving and that it was "shortly" after arriving. Is that the same as "later in the day" or is this new info?

Her parents were searching for clues themselves today in the area where the car was found. Praying they find something that leads them to her. It can be the smallest things sometimes.

WAVY 10 Link: http://wavy.com/2017/09/26/fbi-releases-video-of-missing-womans-vehicle-at-jeb-little-creek/

In heard in a segment on WTKR about the same video the reporter mentioned the FBI was working to get the Gate 1 video footage to the media. So hopefully that's coming soon.

I live in Virginia Beach and coming from the Navy myself, I have to add it's not unusual for anyone to arrive on base at least 90 minutes prior to the start of work. A good portion of our huge population works on many of the military installation in the surrounding area so your best bet to beat the traffic and get through all the security is to leave that early in the mornings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back