IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
A better angle of DN walking into court.
[video=twitter;913589279489708032]https://twitter.com/alexismcadamstv/status/913589279489708032[/video]

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

In response to hockeymom- the location of the firearm has baffled me- I talked to my SO (who is a LEO and I'm sure is tired of me picking his brain over this case- I wake him up when I find something on websleuths I want to run by him) (and I'm a deputy district attorney so I've dealt with many firearm cases) - we've heard a lot of stuff but both of us are irked by wife's claim she got the gun after the car break in yet the firearm was kept in the trunk .... if someone got it for protection it would be kept where readily accessible. Sounds like a load of crap in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to agree with you. I will add that if I felt so strongly that I needed that kind of protection, I would buy a semi automatic handgun to carry all the time. My concern would be to protect the kids, not the car.

Just going to to work the other side for a sec, what if he is not guilty but figured people might think he was considering the resemblance, and considering he's an RSO he fled...if guilty, he may use this as an excuse anyway.

Idk, it all seems quite neat and tidy in a perfect little package, again, maybe this is what bothers me is that it seems "too clean" (I think I've heard that in the movies before, lol). Or maybe if it's too good to be true? Idk, but then if it walks like a duck...

But boy the circumstantial evidence sure is adding up. The timing of things is starting to stand out more, making him more viable, imo. I know you guys are like, "how on earth can she think it's not him? There only a gazillion very glaringly obvious potentail indicators"? I'm asking myself the same question, believe me. Again, it's all about the evidence, a million "coincidences" won't secure a conviction, obviously, I know you guys know this...I wish I knew what is bothering me so much about this guy...maybe it's the photos of him with his daughter? (But, no, because Ive seen other cases of perps with kids...). His SM? Idk, maybe all the strong medical Marijuana up here has fried my brain. Maybe I've just overestimated him as this skilled, hunter, predator (not that he's not), when in fact he's just a crazed nomad. I can't find the right words...I feel like a dumbass...why don't I feel this guy?!?!

I don't know that I've ever heard of LE putting someone in jail for their protection. It would seem to me that if the law hadn't been broken, there would have been no need for an arrest and conviction. So, while I think that the landowner had nothing to do with the killing or hiding the bodies of Abby and Libby, I think his arrest was justified for the alcoholism.

I suspect it can happen in protective custody. Recently, I had a conversation with a private investigator -- we were discussing drug networks. He then mentioned a young woman who was almost killed by a drug group in another county being kept by the county in jail for safe keeping so she could testify. If RL was a probation violator, and it was a good excuse to keep him safe, then perhaps the public reason is the parole violation, but the benefit is keeping him until he might be used as a witness if that were to happen.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...in-the-murders-of-libby-abby-in-delphi?page=2
The first question we need to answer is was Nations even in Indiana on February 13, 2017?
The answer: Probably.
Based on court records, we can say he was definitely in Indiana throughout much of the year and even the two years prior.
According to the Morgan County Jail, Nations was incarcerated from February 24 – 28 of this year. That’s 10 days after Libby and Abby were murdered.
He appeared in court on March 6 and again on May 29.

According to court records, the 31-year-old has been on the run in Indiana since July of this year when he skipped a court appearance in Greenwood, two days after police released a sketch of the suspected Delphi killer.

He was convicted of exposing and pleasuring himself in a WalMart parking lot in Spartanburg County, South Carolina.

Per court documents from that incident, the witness told police that Nations exposed himself and then asked her, “You want to get on this? It’ll be fun.”
• July: Nations was arrested after deputies say he hid in the stall of a women’s restroom at a Rickers gas station on U.S. 31 and was caught peeping and pleasuring himself. Court documents show he made bail for those charges but skipped his court appearance. A warrant was issued for his arrest.
• December: Nations was sentenced to several weeks in jail on a domestic violence charge in Morgan County. He served his sentence from December 15, 2015, through January 27, 2016.
• April: Nations was arrested in Greenwood for driving on a suspended license. Court documents show police also found what appeared to be marijuana inside his vehicle. Again, he skipped town.
• August: Nations was arrested again for driving on a suspended license in Hendricks County.
• November: Nations was charged with possession of marijuana.
• December: Nations’ landlord filed an eviction petition in Wayne Township small claims court.

Not to be a broken record...but still curious how LE cleared all those sex offenders and others they interviewed way back when. I do not believe they could all have had verifiable alibis. So how was LE clearing them? The image was so blurry as to be almost useless, except maybe to rule out African Amercian men.
The question came up earlier about DNA and did LE have any from the crime scene. It answers that question fairly well, I think.

I don't think they would check a radius as big as that - there would be so many RSOs it'd be next to useless. That's 30,000+ square miles, going 100 miles out from Delphi. And if you are going 100 miles to Greenwood, you're almost right in Chicago in the other direction. It would be tens of thousands of people. Not feasible.

I'm with you on that. He was just too far from Delphi to be "local" enough to check out, imo.

Even if he was on a list of people to check out, I don't think he would be top of the list. He has had many run-ins with the law, but from what we know now, none of them scream out as potential killer or even violent sex offender. He exposed himself to women and beat up his wife - gross offenses to be sure, but not someone you'd expect to randomly kill two girls.

I'm not willing to think just yet that any ball was dropped by LE on this one.

jmopinion

In Indiana 10 days after the murder, sexual criminal history and dead ringer mugshots. This POI is no Richard Jewell.

Just going to to work the other side for a sec, what if he is not guilty but figured people might think he was considering the resemblance, and considering he's an RSO he fled...if guilty, he may use this as an excuse anyway.

Idk, it all seems quite neat and tidy in a perfect little package, again, maybe this is what bothers me is that it seems "too clean" (I think I've heard that in the movies before, lol). Or maybe if it's too good to be true? Idk, but then if it walks like a duck...

But boy the circumstantial evidence sure is adding up. The timing of things is starting to stand out more, making him more viable, imo. I know you guys are like, "how on earth can she think it's not him? There only a gazillion very glaringly obvious potentail indicators"? I'm asking myself the same question, believe me. Again, it's all about the evidence, a million "coincidences" won't secure a conviction, obviously, I know you guys know this...I wish I knew what is bothering me so much about this guy...maybe it's the photos of him with his daughter? (But, no, because Ive seen other cases of perps with kids...). His SM? Idk, maybe all the strong medical Marijuana up here has fried my brain. Maybe I've just overestimated him as this skilled, hunter, predator (not that he's not), when in fact he's just a crazed nomad. I can't find the right words...I feel like a dumbass...why don't I feel this guy?!?!

Could it be that he looks to young compared to the photo of BG on the bridge?

Maybe he shook his head no instead of talking because his voice was caught on, oh, say a phone?! moo and just being snarky...this man may not be BG but the sketch and the mugshot from Feb 2017 sure do look like a match.

But boy the circumstantial evidence sure is adding up. The timing of things is starting to stand out more, making him more viable, imo. I know you guys are like, "how on earth can she think it's not him? There only a gazillion very glaringly obvious potentail indicators"? I'm asking myself the same question, believe me. Again, it's all about the evidence, a million "coincidences" won't secure a conviction, obviously, I know you guys know this...I wish I knew what is bothering me so much about this guy...maybe it's the photos of him with his daughter? (But, no, because Ive seen other cases of perps with kids...). His SM? Idk, maybe all the strong medical Marijuana up here has fried my brain.

I don't think it is a sure thing, as there have been other cases where a suspect is really good on paper and it ends up not being them. I read of one recently and it is driving me nuts I can't recall the case - basically they had a false alibi, similar criminal history, were in the area and the like and it turns out it was not them. Let's really hope Delphi has good DNA evidence and he can be connected or excluded in an unambiguous way.

I'm waiting to see what the DNA says. There's certainly a startling resemblance and circumstances fit--but I regularly work in the Unidentified Remains section of WS trying to find out who these dead with no name really are, and many of our most can't-miss matches have been false alarms.

This is exactly how I feel. I too feel like a dumbass because I just don't have that "This is the guy" feeling. I have a tentative "could be" feeling and that's the best I can do.

I'm with you on that. He was just too far from Delphi to be "local" enough to check out, imo.

Even if he was on a list of people to check out, I don't think he would be top of the list. He has had many run-ins with the law, but from what we know now, none of them scream out as potential killer or even violent sex offender. He exposed himself to women and beat up his wife - gross offenses to be sure, but not someone you'd expect to randomly kill two girls.

I'm not willing to think just yet that any ball was dropped by LE on this one.

jmopinion

Hmmm...I think thaaaats what's bothering me. I'm expecting very violent prior charges, or at least strong indicators of this in the past....we do know criminals often progress/escalate in regards to the severity of their crimes so maybe he recently snapped? BUT to the ppint of killing 2 ltitle girls? Maybe we just dont know what else hes done. Maybe there are other crimes out there (other than TW, which is obviously violent)...maybe I expect more violent charges involving young folks/ children in the past? Idk...

Who knows what anyone is capable of anymore.

This very well could be our guy. But know it also might not be, moo.

Domestic violence and shaking a hatchet at someone seems very violent to me.

Obviously. But how does a LEA in CO know the details of a tight lipped murder in IN? Does my local LEA know the details? That's more of what I was asking.
Tips were called in to Colorado by citizens who were aware of the sketch and BG

Just going to to work the other side for a sec, what if he is not guilty but figured people might think he was considering the resemblance, and considering he's an RSO he fled...if guilty, he may use this as an excu

Snipped by me

Given his drifter and possibly homeless-at-times lifestyle, I'm guessing he wasn't following current events. If he is innocent, I doubt he even knows about the Delphi case and wouldn't be worried that he would be falsely accused. No reason for him to flee if he doesn't even know about the case.

I would perhaps buy the excuse that he fled Indiana because of all the charges he was facing there and did indeed convince his wife to "start over" in CO.

As much as I do think he is the perp, I also recall the Olympic bomber who was falsely accused (among plenty of others in different cases). Trying to keep an open mind....but I'm seeing a duck. jmopinion

just my opinion.

This is exactly how I feel. I too feel like a dumbass because I just don't have that "This is the guy" feeling. I have a tentative "could be" feeling and that's the best I can do.

Lol. Atleast I'm not alone.

Well, feelings isnot going to solve this case. I'm in complete "I need evidence" mode. Hopefully they investigators are too, which I suspect they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant