IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't posted on this thread for a while, but following here reading, wow, hope this is the breakthrough in the case that LE need. I mentioned in one of my posts a ways back that i had the feeling the perp. was not local to the area and could of been a drifter from somewhere else or a homeless person living out in the woods around the area where he might have seen the girls by chance? I think if he had of been local the people there would of recognized him from the sketch.
Haven't got time to go back & read earlier posts but was this possible suspect DN in the military at some stage? Was he a returned vet from previous overseas deployment? Is he perhaps suffering some kind of PTSD from being in a war zone and seeing horrific things on active duty and has been acting stuff out, like slaughtering animals & potentially people as well? Just some thoughts & speculation on my part.
He is an ex marine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts so sorry if this has already been mentioned. I just saw on local tv WTHR a woman being interviewed who said that DN had stayed on their farm. Their house was broken into and some pigs were slaughtered.

Wonder if the pigs were slaughtered by hatchet?

After refusing to understand why him. It's clear. This is him. I didn't want it to be... which I can explain when results come back. Damnit. Glad they got the guy. But when we look at all the elements and all the chance and just how time unfolded to make this encounter possible... and then the level of just... ultimately what might be the antithesis of sophistication, psychological complexities involved with some intellectual capacities disturbed by childhood trauma (a compelling narrative) it's simply feels empty. An act of pure impulse- almost more evil by lack of plan in that there exists the potential for no plan but simply the sheer coincidence of time and place and depravity in conjunction with innocence Sorry if that makes no sense. Not really linear... but for what?
Just such a damn shame. Writing two girls out of their own histories...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you the person who knew him when he was young? Someone that knows him has stated online that his troubles started before 2006 and he was in juvenile. Was your Mom the babysitter?

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

I think his wide-set eyes and short chin give him a kind of impish youthful look so not very menacing-presenting may be why he has been slipping through the cracks and roaming free ...

This question is premature, I know, but IF DN is arrested for these murders and the murder of TW, who would get to prosecute first, IN or CO; which state would he go on trial for murder first? I know absolute zilch about law (and I have a child in law school lol! but only first year).

I'm fairly convinced that DN is BG but still questioning the motive for the girls' murder. Was it a thrill kill? Sexually-motivated? Did he get angry at the girls for some real/imagined reason? Other? Sounds like LE believe there are similarities with the cyclist's murder in CO, yet the victims are so different (adult man versus two teen girls) so I'm curious what the similarities would be...maybe manner of death, something left behind, or the way the body/bodies were positioned/buried etc...
I too was thinking of the connection....once I saw the CO victim's picture, I had an awha moment. iMO, it may be possible he thought it was a woman cyclist because of the victim's long hair. Shooting the victim might have been happened out of anger or fear that he was a man. Motive for the girls would be sexual in nature coupled with anger.

IMO, if this pans out and DN is the guy, my conclusion will be victim of circumstance for the girls....and there might be other cases out there that he is possibly connected.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/19/palmer-lakes-tim-watkins-homicide/

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm just lost, but why is thesensitivechild an authority on either BG or DN? I had been a lurker for a long time without posting and then when it seemed like a dry spell gave up following until very recently, so I understand if I may be the one confused.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I'm curious about this as well.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Are you the person who knew him when he was young? Someone that knows him has stated online that his troubles started before 2006 and he was in juvenile. Was your Mom the babysitter?

If this man is the killer, he will be the subject of some extensive attention by criminologists or criminal psychologists. Unfortunately, mental health issues and how our society deals with people with psychological trauma or other mental issues does impact how those people interact in society. If he self-medicated with substance abuse, it might have only made himself increasingly less stable. People do that with legal drugs (like alcohol), and they do it with illegal drugs. The brain is a chemical organ. Chemicals change the synaptic firing patterns and activity levels in various learning and decision making parts of the brain, and then the person is less able, not more able, to engage in the world around them.

Wasn't it suggested that the girls had been taken to a building, before being dumped where they were found?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe he noticed RL leave on 2nd trip out (2/13 PM) and ended up taking girls there to one of RL's out-bldgs and later grabbed food from kitchen and washed up a bit there? Speculation of course.

he was never deployed, had a DOD most likely due to him flashing women on multiple accounts.

IMO, if this pans out and DN is the guy, my conclusion will be victim of circumstance for the girls....

RSBM. I agree. And, I will also be shocked that so many WSers here were right, that he's a drifter. I very much disagreed with that theory, although I don't really have a reason why. Just thought it was far-fetched I guess!

Anyone know if DN is left handed or right handed? In one of his selfies, he is using left hand to hold phone. I always use my right hand since it is my dominant hand.

Early in the investigation there was:

1) No pictures of LE pouring for tire tracks.
2) No mention by LE of particular vehicles of interest.
3) Mention by LE of BG possibly having a pack although it's not obvious in bridge photo.
4) Mention by LE of possible hitch-hiking mode of transportation.
5) pictures of BG overdressed compared to girls.
IMO LE may have found evidence of a campsite but has been unsure as to whether it was related to the murders.
It snowed on February 9th and there is drone footage on Feb 11th showing snow and bare trees. It would be tough to be camping without a tent.
If BG was transient during February, how did he eat and stay dry? Was he squatting?
I just wanted to point out again, that in the overhead helicopter raw video by the news station the 1st week of this case, that they did zoom in on a mud puddle and vehicle markings, on the side road adjacent to the over pass on the highway and just down the road from the cemetery entrance and recovery location etc.

I do find it extremely disconcerting that the very day the sketch was released was the very day he headed west outta Indiana. Why then? Did anyone in his family hear of them discussing going to Colorado prior to that day? Was it sudden? Whose suggestion? I hope these are all questions they've asked his wife.

he was never deployed, had a DOD most likely due to him flashing women on multiple accounts.

Is that shorthand for Dishonorable Discharge? It might be useful if someone actually knows what his job was in the Marine Corps, and what his discharge type was.

Maybe I'm just lost, but why is thesensitivechild an authority on either BG or DN? I had been a lurker for a long time without posting and then when it seemed like a dry spell gave up following until very recently, so I understand if I may be the one confused.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

there may be a reason. this guy didn't grow up or live in a complete vacuum. Someone here told the story about their family having an actual SK for a next door neighbor, for example. I'm not saying that is the case here, I don't know, but that story should be a reminder that none of us live in a bubble and neither did DN

The sketch was released by LE July 17th.

LE went to check on him July 18th and he was not there. LE who knew him saw his resemblance to the sketch July 18th!

We don't know when he left really (the headline is misleading). It is suspicious for sure. I'm glad someone in LE saw the potential linkage there.

Good 10 minute audio clip in this article.

The Hammer and Nigel show will be covering many details of these 2 cases, so worth checking in on for sure.

http://www.wibc.com/blogs/hammer-and-nigel-show/updatedaniel-nations-went-missing-day-after-sketch

RSBM. I agree. And, I will also be shocked that so many WSers here were right, that he's a drifter. I very much disagreed with that theory, although I don't really have a reason why. Just thought it was far-fetched I guess!
You and me both. I thought it was going to be someone tied to the community but living at least 4 hours away. We shall see if this pans out...hoping

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members