Holly Bobo’s family speaks out on ABC’s ‘20/20’- September 29, 2017

Ever since Netflix had such a success with their 'making if a murderer' , there have been all of these attempts by other stations to create their own 'innocent' inmate.

A&E just did the same with their Scott Peterson 6 part series--trying to pretend he was railroaded and is innocent.

And now this, same total BS of a premise. Poor Zach, he is innocent and we must save him....

From the show....

Elizabeth Vargas: "In your opinion, what is the strongest evidence implicating Terry Britt?"
Dicus: "He is the kidnap and rapist in Decatur County."

You've gotta be kidding me...and this guy was lead investigator for the first couple years...I am believing maybe it really was divine intervention that this case has finally gotten to this point.

Exactly! I am a country music fan, and neither I, nor anyone else I know who listens to country music, has ever heard of WD, and she had nothing to do with the case. And Dicus just does NOT seem intelligent enough to have ever been lead investigator on anything to me, much less a high-profile abduction. JMO

She's HB's cousin, so her connection is to the family, not the case itself. As a performer and songwriter and a gorgeous woman and connected to the family, she plays well to the camera, and these news magazines always need someone in that spot. Sometimes it's a best friend, sometimes a group of friends. Not usually only just the family speaks for the victim. There's a formula that's used in all these shows (20/20, Dateline, 48 Hours).

You'll see this same formula used over and over:

- family member(s) of victim
- friend(s) or someone who knew the victim really well, might or might not be a family member
- relationship (if that person agrees to be interviewed)
- LE contact involved with the investigation
- Someone representing the DA (if they'll talk)
- Someone representing the defense side (if they'll talk)
- 1 or more people from the jury (if they'll agree to be interviewed)

Dicus just appears young and naive and bullheaded. I realize he cooperated with 20/20 and they were able to focus on the defense through his eyes (news magazine shows always like to get someone in law enforcement to talk on camera about details of the investigation to help the story along, but this case isn't over yet with 2 more defendants to litigate).

Ever since Netflix had such a success with their 'making if a murderer' , there have been all of these attempts by other stations to create their own 'innocent' inmate.

A&E just did the same with their Scott Peterson 6 part series--trying to pretend he was railroaded and is innocent.

And now this, same total BS of a premise. Poor Zach, he is innocent and we must save him....

So true! There's a nickname you've probably heard of used for this genre: "Injustice *advertiser censored*"

You no doubt know the goal is to get an audience hooked and believing the convicted person might be innocent and railroaded and this sells well and often gets big ratings. So every network copycats to try and get big ratings.

And we've seen people believe what they see at face value and when you put together spliced footage and haunting music and leave out or fade away the parts that actually were convincing to a jury, then it makes many think, "oh he/she is innocent and really the victim...I must help fight this injustice." Then they become social media advocates and help spread the word, which gets the series or show more viewers, more ratings, more advertisers.

Clever and insidious! In contrast, a show that basically says, "the guy who was arrested? Yeah, turns out he's guilty and there's evidence" isn't going to cause a buzz or be interesting.

Who is Jojo? 20/20 did not clarify

VERY good point about the mothers wording to Clint. This is a bizarre statement to me but I am from a very different place where gun culture doesn't really exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-I’m not sure about the gun culture in that area either but it did get my attention after I saw more than a few comments on it. Combined with the neighbor who alerted Karen about the screaming. I wonder how much time had passed between that call to Karen and her call to Clint? If that has been posted I missed it. If Clint saw Holly walking into the woods it seems he would have heard the scream??? He responded to his Mom “you want me to shoot Drew”. Karen said she knew it wasn’t Drew because he said he was leaving much earlier. *Clint’s* take from his conversation with Drew implied he wasn’t leaving that early.

I’m obviously missing pieces of the facts on this particular point and after seeing the various discussions i’m just simply curious. I don’t recall the neighbors phone call being specifically referenced during the trial. But since ‘that’ call is where things began it would seem to be an important point of reference.

I believe Jojo is the drug dealer.

-I’m not sure about the gun culture in that area either but it did get my attention after I saw more than a few comments on it. Combined with the neighbor who alerted Karen about the screaming. I wonder how much time had passed between that call to Karen and her call to Clint? If that has been posted I missed it. If Clint saw Holly walking into the woods it seems he would have heard the scream??? He responded to his Mom “you want me to shoot Drew”. Karen said she knew it wasn’t Drew because he said he was leaving much earlier. *Clint’s* take from his conversation with Drew implied he wasn’t leaving that early.

I’m obviously missing pieces of the facts on this particular point and after seeing the various discussions i’m just simply curious. I don’t recall the neighbors phone call being specifically referenced during the trial. But since ‘that’ call is where things began it would seem to be an important point of reference.

I believe Jojo is the drug dealer.

Hellinor-

Correction: last on record-it was Clint who called Karen to ask if Holly had school that day. He was woken by the dogs barking. The conversation that Clint had with Drew the night before about what time he was leaving was not covered on last nights 20/20.

I just finished watching the video. I agree with all you said about Dicus and Terry Britt. Dicus will not admit he was wrong; it's important for his ego that people think he is right and that after he was no longer the lead investigator, the TBI messed up the case. But, in what other case have 4 suspects confessed, implicating each other, while they were innocent? I didn't understand the assumption Jennifer Thompson made at trial when she claimed that people in jail like to brag (did she mean about things they didn't do?). I kept wishing the prosecution would capitalize on that because, yes, people who are incarcerated do like to brag--about what they DID. They feel safe around other convicts, especially when their closest associates have long been felons. Zach also bragged around town.

MOO
RSBM

This is where the prosecutors were brilliant, IMO. They knew it would have been tedious and harping to hit every inconsistency that was not key to the narrative they were presenting. They brought Britt on the stand and JT beat him up on cross but the prosecution had already laid the foundation that he was a bad man who did bad things and didn't k/r/k Holly. The same happened with the jailhouse talk narrative. The prosecutors put on felons- in and out of jail, never charged people, people who knew and didn't know ZA so the jury already had their narrative of "how could all of these people get-together to lie?" set. Then, when the defense tried to do the ZA bragging thing, it already was unraveled.

I am like many people. I like detective shows and intrigue. What you never see in those shows is what good, solid detective work can do when you have excellent prosecutors who take command of the evidence and make incredible choice about case presentation. I think JT is a good attorney but even when it was disclosed that plea deals were on the table and her client wouldn't budge, she was left with very little to defend him with-- no alibi, uttered statements,

Questions and Comments to Nick Beres:

-no mention of the neighbor who heard HB scream
-no mention of Meth in 20/20 episode
-why was Clint afraid to go outside
-little or no mention of JoJo
-why did Karen so hastily tell Clint to get a gun and go shoot the man
-why has Drew not been more visible

:seeya:

Question: Were these comments posted on Nick Beres' Twitter or FB Account?

I'd like to respond but would like to have the link so I can respond without causing an uproar here as I am in the very tiny minority about the results of the trial.

Thanks !

There was mention of a neighbor who heard a scream coming from the Bobo house at 7:40am that morning and 20/20 even showed an overhead schematic of the Bobo house and showed where the nearest neighbor's house was located.

Drugs and the drug culture in that area was mentioned more than once. Meth, specifically, wasn't focused on, but meth wasn't the only drug the druggies were taking. The Bobo parents said on camera they had no idea about all these drugs and the druggies they were surrounded by in the community because they were living their lives and didn't interact with those folks and so they didn't know or realize.

Drew seems to be a private person who wants to maintain his privacy, and I sure don't blame him for that. Drew wasn't a part of this case other than being HB's boyfriend and talking to HB that morning about his turkey hunting and being on a relative's property.

Why is ABC allowing the defense team and ex-agent Dicus to spin the defense version on the air like this?

:seeya: Could it be because the State Prosecutors declined to participate in this interview for the 20/20 show since they have 2 defendants awaiting trial, an immunity deal, or a plea deal ?

:dunno:

Question: Were these comments posted on Nick Beres' Twitter or FB Account?

I'd like to respond but would like to have the link so I can respond without causing an uproar here as I am in the very tiny minority about the results of the trial.

Thanks !

-It’s on his FB. His video post and comments that he published after the 20/20 broadcast. He did a follow up post after that, I haven’t looked at that one thoroughly. He is MSM at NC5 and states that he was involved in much of the case to date.

There was mention of a neighbor who heard a scream coming from the Bobo house at 7:40am that morning and 20/20 even showed an overhead schematic of the Bobo house and showed where the nearest neighbor's house was located.

Drugs and the drug culture in that area was mentioned more than once. Meth, specifically, wasn't focused on, but meth wasn't the only drug the druggies were taking. The Bobo parents said on camera they had no idea about all these drugs and the druggies they were surrounded by in the community because they were living their lives and didn't interact with those folks and so they didn't know or realize.

Drew seems to be a private person who wants to maintain his privacy, and I sure don't blame him for that. Drew wasn't a part of this case other than being HB's boyfriend and talking to HB that morning about his turkey hunting and being on a relative's property.

I believe these questions are calling for more specific details from the 20/20 broadcast.
-A name or statement from that neighbor?
-Was there a statement from Drew on record that could be shared? Etc Etc...

Go to Nick Beres FB with NC5 where these questions originate. He is MSM.

-It’s on his FB. His video post and comments that he published after the 20/20 broadcast. He did a follow up post after that, I haven’t looked at that one thoroughly. He is MSM at NC5 and states that he was involved in much of the case to date.

:tyou: Found it ... Wow ... as of this writing over 750+ comments on Nick's FB !

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

https://www.facebook.com/NickBeresNC5/

more specific details from the 20/20 broadcast.

20/20 didn't show those specific things. No idea if they have it or not.

Makes me wonder how many of these type shows I have watched over the years and came away with a complete distorted view of that crime/trial.

ETA: I will watch with a different perspective from now on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dateline did a show on a murder in my town. The accused was a well know ob/gyn who killed his wife. I couldn't believe some of the facts they left out. I still watch the show but with a wary eye.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I understand 48 hours and dateline also plan on doing shows about Holly. I hope they do a better job than 20/20.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They have 42 min to cover what is usually a lot of information. They can't cover it all, and as a result, details that devoted case followers want to see get discarded because they tell the general story but tend not to get into the nitty gritty. There just isn't time.

People who watched last week's 20/20 saw and heard HB's parents, her brother, her cousin, they learned there was a gang of druggies and n'er do wells. They learned the key FBI investigator was focused on one sex offender guy and excluded everyone else and eventually was kicked off the case. They got to hear about Holly, who she was, see pictures. They saw short snippets from the trial itself, heard from ZA's attorney. And they got to see a short segment of Dylan in his interrogation, admitting he participated in the kidnap and rape of Holly, and the audience learned why ZA was given LWOP instead of facing the next phase of the trial for punishment.

Because 20/20 did their segment when they did, they do not have anyone from the state since the case is not completed. They didn't get anyone from the jury to interview. It was a rush to be the first. That too is common in the biz.

-Did you see the latest from Nick NC5? The new mug shot and Zach’s new address.

https://www.facebook.com/NickBeresNC5/posts/10154730071956640

boy came back here today...first time since right after verdict...watched the 20/20 and extremely disappointed...if that is all I knew of the case I would say the jury got it wrong..I am shocked that the Bobos did this show knowing the bent it has...sad to say but I am sure they got a nice trip and payment for the show...and same with the singer cousin. I found the whole show exploitative.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back