Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
The below extract (from book 'The Devil's Garden') mentions that there were Telstra workers working in the area near CG site:

"Telstra workers in the area had smelt the decomposing body days earlier but had reasoned it was dead kangaroo".

Could perhaps the accused have been familiar with this site due to Telstra work taking place - just a thought IMO.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ciara_body_find.jpg
    ciara_body_find.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 136
Image clipped
The below extract (from book 'The Devil's Garden') mentions that there were Telstra workers working in the area near CG site:

"Telstra workers in the area had smelt the decomposing body days earlier but had reasoned it was dead kangaroo".

Could perhaps the accused have been familiar with this site due to Telstra work taking place - just a thought IMO.

Images provided by Crabstick pinpointing where CG was found and also Officer walking from scene.

Note that the location appears to be very remote - would be interesting to know what type of work was going on in vicinity for Telstra workers to be working so close to where CG was found.

I wonder if there was some Telstra work going on where JR was found ??

attachment.php
attachment.php

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...3#post12863163

Attachments

• b8888151z.1_20160125224142_000_gahefifg.4_1-1bacdda.jpg
    b8888151z.1_20160125224142_000_gahefifg.4_1-1bacdda.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 127
  • ciara_2002.jpg
    ciara_2002.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 128
This thread will probably get even quieter with the 3-hour time difference between West Australian and eastern states sleuths.

Roll Call please:
Who lives in Perth or on the west coast?
Who lives elsewhere?

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]
All the Eastern Staters are in bed Spooks.

Those images showing CG's d-site IMO are inaccurate.
I've been to Pipidinny and the white cross marking the location is marked on this pic -
9cd43c89fd43c7372686f1b12e2c8f58.jpg

And these are the coordinates of the d-site.
4d8d4aad6b6c5e88171b7e0ac08cb07e.png
04316ab8569ec1bcd09470ce231c7929.jpg

Assuming of course that the white cross marks the location of the d-site.

(Pics taken by me and screen shots of map app)

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

Those images showing CG's d-site IMO are inaccurate.
I've been to Pipidinny and the white cross marking the location is marked on this pic -
9cd43c89fd43c7372686f1b12e2c8f58.jpg

And these are the coordinates of the d-site.
4d8d4aad6b6c5e88171b7e0ac08cb07e.png
04316ab8569ec1bcd09470ce231c7929.jpg

Assuming of course that the white cross marks the location of the d-site.

(Pics taken by me and screen shots of map app)

Thanks for clarifying Spooks, very remote location for Telstra work to be going on there.

All the Eastern Staters are in bed Spooks.

Hoping they read and respond tomorrow....

Image snipped
Just reviewing the info regards to the taxi sighting on Pippidinny Road - the below statement indicates that there is a possibility that the taxi was coming FROM the CG site. There is also a mention that there may have been someone sitting in the back seat.

"The taxi had its headlights off as it turned off Pipidinny Rd, Eglinton, on to Wanneroo Rd in the pre-dawn darkness ... he (witness) was heading south on Wanneroo Rd, from Yanchep to his work site at Nollamara, when he saw the taxi begin turning out of Pipidinny Rd in front of him."
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...956cdffd1aa3ab

Recent post from JanWA (#16, p63 #944) is very interesting in view of the Pipidinny taxi sighting - could be relevant as there is a possibility of a taxi being sited in the vicinity of both CG & JR sites close to the time the girls disappeared - IMO.

"Caught up with an old friend last week and was talking about investigations we were doing 20 years ago. I asked her if she remembered telling me about a taxi that was seen parked on the side of the road in Wellard in the early morning when JR disappeared and if it was reported she said it was but nobody called back. I urged her to get it reported again."

Anyone know what's the brand of that spray dye that they spray on the ground to mark out where Telstra cables and stuff are underneath, or where to dig etc?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

There are quite a few brands around, it called 'chalk paint', chalk based so it is 'supposed' to not be permanent. We use it for surveying.

Thanks for clarifying Spooks, very remote location for Telstra work to be going on there.

Wasn't there a telstra exchange somewhere close to there? Most of maps posted had CG position correct, some that relied just on co-ords didn't get off the track or roads IMO. 78.65 km between CG and JR directly through BayView Tce and St Quentins Ave.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Source: Google maps

Attachments

• CG_-31.5824,115.6753.JPG
    CG_-31.5824,115.6753.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 135
  • CG_Pipidinny.jpg
    CG_Pipidinny.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 121
Yes I was there when you were there Spooks. Remember? Yes the location of CG is more up by the 'so called' Cul De Sac end.. & down the bank a bit by the blackboy trees.
Hence the Claremont Cul De Sac killer quote. I wonder who mentioned that a way back.. The late Norma Rundle left the cross on the chain there.

Image snipped Recent post from JanWA (#16, p63 #944) is very interesting in view of the Pipidinny taxi sighting - could be relevant as there is a possibility of a taxi being sited in the vicinity of both CG & JR sites close to the time the girls disappeared - IMO.

"Caught up with an old friend last week and was talking about investigations we were doing 20 years ago. I asked her if she remembered telling me about a taxi that was seen parked on the side of the road in Wellard in the early morning when JR disappeared and if it was reported she said it was but nobody called back. I urged her to get it reported again."

I thought it very interesting that a white ute was seen in both areas just a couple of days before both CG and JR were found.

I still have a big problem that JR was not found in 53 days when she was only a few metres from the road and a horse riding school. Was that at 619 Millar Rd? Old photos that metic put up showed that the paddock from the where the horses were was also only metres from where she was found. Why was there no sighting or smells noticed by the people or animals even?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...er-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-4/page73

3-25-2016, 05:13 AM#1090Jezz

So I actually just almost by accident came across this old message board from back in 1997. Interesting to get an idea of what was reported immediately as sometimes info can get out there before the police silence it.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...me/Mz6NxHT2reg

Anyway you may remember me posting about how I knew someone who rode and taught at Greenacres riding school at the time JR was found and she knew a guy who was there when the lady and her kids came across the body. He also reported a white ute stopping in that spot a few days before and then tearing off when he approached.

Noticed someone mention on one of the top posts here about a white ute seen in the CG case.

Just an observation!

Yes I was there when you were there Spooks. Remember? Yes the location of CG is more up by the 'so called' Cul De Sac end.. & down the bank a bit by the blackboy trees.
Hence the Claremont Cul De Sac killer quote. I wonder who mentioned that a way back.. The late Norma Rundle left the cross on the chain there.

This is hardly a cul de sac. Thought that referred to Government Road? In all that Telstra conversation in the way back links, one of suspects use to work inGovernment Road didn't they?

This is hardly a cul de sac. Thought that referred to Government Road? In all that Telstra conversation in the way back links, one of suspects use to work inGovernment Road didn't they?
1 of the Victim's worked in Government Rd, at the childcare place

1 of the Victim's worked in Government Rd, at the childcare place

Hi PD I believe you started something a little while ago!! Anyhow metic posted some very good links mentioning telstra suspects and just to clarify Government Road suspect from one of those links.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ralia-4/page73

03-25-2016, 06:54 AM#1092 88mph

Originally Posted by Bartholemeus

Telstra suspect is based on an actual POI who worked for Telstra. He was reported to crime stoppers because he was offering girls in the area lifts home.

Wow. How has this not been discussed before?

This type of scenario could fit into GC and SS last sightings.

03-25-2016, 06:56 AM#1093 88mph

Originally Posted by Bartholemeus
Telstra Guy had access to fleet vehicles that were never logged. He was identified by Macro because he had been offering girls lifts home in and around the Claremont area. He was a regular at Claremont night spots. Before his career at Telstra he was a cop. I believe he's now divorced and living in the Mandurah area.

Telstra would be quite trustworthy I believe. He would have had access to vans, station wagons and electrical cord.

I have no idea if he's still a suspect.

And this guy was a cop!!??

Can't believe he hasn't been discussed more. Does anyone else know more about this POI?

03-26-2016, 06:32 AM#1094 Peter Kurten

Although I've only recently started commenting, I'm well versed in all CSK material. Telecom man has been eliminated through DNA.

My suspect was never a police officer and instead worked just behind Karrakatta Cemetery and had most likely met Jane Rimmer on one occasion near her workplace. He worked installing external signage to businesses. Work vehicles he had access to were mainly White Holden Commodore Wagons with roof racks and ladders. He would now be 44 years of age.

Just reviewing the info regards to the taxi sighting on Pippidinny Road - the below statement indicates that there is a possibility that the taxi was coming FROM the CG site. There is also a mention that there may have been someone sitting in the back seat.

"The taxi had its headlights off as it turned off Pipidinny Rd, Eglinton, on to Wanneroo Rd in the pre-dawn darkness ... he (witness) was heading south on Wanneroo Rd, from Yanchep to his work site at Nollamara, when he saw the taxi begin turning out of Pipidinny Rd in front of him."
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...956cdffd1aa3ab

attachment.php
Spinnaker,

Thanks for the information. Perhaps the taxi driver has been able to remember some more detail. Also, with regard to the white ute seen in the area beforehand, some other local residents may come forward.

Think there was mention before that BRE had quite a few vehicles, and there are possibly family, friends, colleagues and work vehicles too? I'm not suggesting they had any involvement at all. Perhaps the occasional loan of a ute for collecting fire wood etc. JMO.

Here's a list of Telstra exchanges for Perth's metro area and some outer towns, such as York. The nearest exchange to Eglinton is Carrabooda, I'm not sure if the exchange was there, back in 1997. Was the suburb Carrabooda actually built then?

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/aeg_wa

I'm from Vic so won't be going to the trial (if there is one), wish I could though. This case has had me fascinated since I saw it on Australia's Most Wanted back when I was a kid.

One image snipped
Wasn't there a telstra exchange somewhere close to there? Most of maps posted had CG position correct, some that relied just on co-ords didn't get off the track or roads IMO. 78.65 km between CG and JR directly through BayView Tce and St Quentins Ave.

attachment.php

Source: Google maps
Thanks for this IC. Does seem like there could be some small buildings of some sort near area.

The Telstra exchange/ work going on would have needed to be quite close for them to pick up the odour in the area. One can't help but think that there is a possibility that the Accused may have been familiar with this location, given the Telstra work in close proximity. Just IMO however.

Of note also is the dirt road - if we consider the alleged taxi coming out of Pipidinny, really not your average road for a taxi to travel through.

One image snipped Thanks for this IC. Does seem like there could be some small buildings of some sort near area.

The Telstra exchange/ work going on would have needed to be quite close for them to pick up the odour in the area. One can't help but think that there is a possibility that the Accused may have been familiar with this location, given the Telstra work in close proximity. Just IMO however.

Of note also is the dirt road - if we consider the alleged taxi coming out of Pipidinny, really not your average road for a taxi to travel through.

Spinnaker - FYI the white dots and rectangles you can see in the pic of Pipidinny d-site are old couches, sofas, fridges, mattresses, and general refuse. All left over from outdoor parties. When walking around the area there's evidence of bonfires and drinking too. Its like a rubbish tip unfortunately.

Spinnaker - FYI the white dots and rectangles you can see in the pic of Pipidinny d-site are old couches, sofas, fridges, mattresses, and general refuse. All left over from outdoor parties. When walking around the area there's evidence of bonfires and drinking too. Its like a rubbish tip unfortunately.
Thanks Spooks, would be good to clarify the existence and exact location of the Telstra exchange.

In the event of the Accused being found guilty, one could consider that this site was chosen due to the proximity to the Telstra exchange and with the likelihood of colleagues finding CG - perhaps then witnessing the fallout. Just IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon