NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is totally crazy to me that we're speculating that this man might've done something so horrible because he lost too much at gambling. Not that it's not totally possible, it's just that this day in age, to think that someone could commit such a horror for such a silly reason. Listening to the mayor and other officials talk about the number of deaths and type of trauma & injury just underscores the senselessness of this.

It sounds like this guy had a lot of money.. I suppose if he lost it all and had been hiding the fact he could have snapped. Maybe he blamed the city itself.

How the hell does a person bust out two windows in their hotel room?

Any sleuthers that need help locating family/friends:

King5

attachment.php

Attachments

• 22154212_10155099009781476_7140718006231221860_n.jpg
    22154212_10155099009781476_7140718006231221860_n.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 306
Wow im hearing on youtube the shooter had 2 rooms and was firing out of both. The cops think he may have feared the cops would shoot at him from the ground. I don't get that, but wow is all I can say.

Someone here said earlier the photos of the broken windows looked like they were in rooms at the end of the building, which are 2 bedroom suites.

You can search online and see various videos of these suites. They have two bedrooms on each end and sitting rooms, etc. in the middle. Lots of windows in each room. Could be that's what he was doing, setting up to shoot in bedrooms and sitting area.

He didn't "snap". This was a long-planned attack. He didn't acquire that much of an arsenal overnight. He brought that arsenal all the way to Vegas with the intention of using it, IMO.

It might be totally crazy to some but not to the people who commit these acts of violence.

But on his instagram link, it says "Stephen Paddock Married to my lovely wife Marilou. Love my kids and grandchildren". I can't see any images and don't even know when he created it, but he is calling her his wife?

https://www.instagram.com/stephenpaddock47/

If they've been together for many years that's not uncommon. At a certain point girlfriend/boyfriend, especially at age 60 something, doesn't really sound right. Some folks don't believe you need a paper from a judge to be married. j.s. I know a couple who got "married" at a Juggalo Fest. I thought they were really married until the split. Nope, they just had a friend do a ceremony, and changed their FB profile to "married". So when they split, all they had to do was change their FB profiles... :facepalm:

They were using their bodies as shields. I'm in tears.

No. The people standing stock upright clearly weren't. It looks like some were just standing around shocked trying to figure out what to do or what had happened. Others were trying to locate where it was coming from. And angry.

Those who were shielding others were crouched over them. Not standing upright pointing or flipping the bird. It was scary to see. I wanted
them to get down so badly.

How the hell does a person bust out two windows in their hotel room?

I was in a hotel on Saturday night thinking the very thing because the wall was a window, basically, and I was leaning against it to take pictures. I thought it was funny how I trusted that window (20 floors up) when I have no idea how strong they are.

eta: Just heard the sheriff say he had an item similar to a hammer. God, imagine hearing that from the room next door. :(

Sheriff at live conference--female is out of the country.

First I've heard that...still a person of interest. Have been in contact with her.

Sheriff at live conference--female is out of the country.

First I've heard that...still a person of interest. Have been in contact with her.

Sheriff just said the killer had a hammer that he used to break the windows.

He didn't "snap". This was a long-planned attack. He didn't acquire that much of an arsenal overnight. He brought that arsenal all the way to Vegas with the intention of using it, IMO.

I mean snapped in the process of hiding the fact that he lost his families money. Then he made several thousand dollars in gambling transactions in the weeks leading up to the event which could be the last of it and his last ditch effort to get back on top again. These last few days themselves planned as his going out party in a way and when the money gone so was he? It could also explain sending the wife away.

Edit: Fact is 100% figure of speech there lol it is in no way a fact

Of what use would the woman's ID be to him?

Maybe she checked them into the hotel and then flew out of town, or he used her card to hold the room via internet, til he got there. It's said he specifically requested a corner suite.

It might be totally crazy to some but not to the people do commit these acts of violence.

Someone just asked the sheriff something like "How could this have happened?"

It happens.

Sheriff reporting partner is still considered a "person of interest" and planning to return her to the country.

I can't find any source that promoted this festival as a "Christian country music festival." But of course my Google feed is showing pages of news results, so this fact might be hidden

Link, please? TIA!!

[emoji202]MOO

I had read somewhere, that this was originally an annual event and fundraiser, put on by Harvest Christian Fellowship. Couldn't possibly find it right now, just something I read in one of many articles from early on.

Whitman killed that many in 1 hour and :36 minutes, just imagine what this guy, Paddock, could have done in 1 hour and :36 minutes with his 10 automatics, or altered semis. He killed 58 and injured 200 in just a few minutes. Had the fire alarm not gone off in his room from the heat and smoke off of his firearm, LE might not have located him as quickly.

Thats bizarre. I never knew it took that long. What were people doing, lining up to be shot? One would think that after the first couple people were shot no one but LE would be roaming around the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23