Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve added Peter to the spreadsheet. During the same weekend in June 1988 there were three incidents of people missing or murdered. I’m not suggesting Peter had any involvement, but instead perhaps was a witness. Only my thoughts and opinion.

1988 - Fri 17 Jun - Vanessa Devlin – aged 23 – Maddington - Police seek man who gave Vanessa a lift from Nicholson Rd, CV to her shared home at Maddington. Man seen arriving in metallic green Datsun 260 C? SMH

1988 – Sat - 18 Jun - Peter John Butt – aged 31 - Victoria Pk - Peter was last seen in East Victoria Park on 18 June 1988. Extensive inquiries have been conducted nationally since his disappearance without success. missingpersons

1988 – Mon - 20 Jun - Julie Cutler – aged 22 - Mill St, Pth - 12.30am last seen leaving Parmelia Hotel, Mill St, Perth. Fiat car dumped in Ocean at Cottesloe - MP

Well there was that male body that washed up on the beach shortly after the Fiat was found at Cott....was that body ever identified?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hi ESH - I have been trying to find out about that body that washed up on the beach at Cottesloe. It had to be connected to the fiat belonging to Julie Cutler. There is no information about the identity. Can't find any info re any connection to the car. I would have thought the police would have investigated this. MOO
A Think somewhere, that someone put a name to this guy. Haven't found it yet though.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...K-1996-97-Perth-WA-14&p=13351537#post13351537

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170503/ff9f16fb83f8304f76a978fad4571681.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Whilst fossicking about for 1988 Cottesloe stories I found this mildly interesting story.

source: Sydney Morning Herald Pages 406-407 25th*June 1988.

known to the others as the PGs (Peppermint Grovers). The Neptunians are more organised, with their own annual Neptunian award for the member voted Personality of the Year. Each group follows its own rituals. The PGs sit on the stone retaining wall and towel the sand from their toes. "We wash ours," says Hetty, a Neptunian. After their swim, neither group lingers to catch a suntan. They have other things to do golf, bridge, flowers at the church, marmalade-making for the fete. During the day, they'll pop in on some poor soul who can no longer make it to the beach. Alateship lives on. The Bobbies call themselves lucky' lucky to be alive, lucky to have each other, whom they've known all their lives, and lucky that one of the country's most beautiful beaches waits almost at their door.*
THEY ARE known affectionately as the Bobbies. Each morning at 7 o'clock, their 20 or 30 coloured bathing caps bob like beachballs on the water at Cottesloe beach in Perth. They have been coming for years, these salt-of-the-earth West Australian women, now in their 70s and 80s, mostly widows and mostly overweight. (The men and the thin women are mostly dead.) They park their cars under the Norfolk pines of Forrest Street just as the sun climbs above the branches. Sometimes the sky is tinged with pink. They come before the heat of the day, after the beach-sweeper has furrowed the sand into clean white troughs and laid out a string of empty yellow bins. They come as fishermen on the Groyne are hauling in the day's first whiting. They come while the water is as unruffled as a swimming pool out to Rottnest Island and beyond. They almost always beat the sea breeze (known to visitors as the Fremantle Doctor, but to locals never as anything but the "sea breeze"). Here is Perth the way it was. Here are the rock-solid people whose families farmed, trucked and ministered long before money talk came to the west. Most live in small units now. Their properties have passed into other hands, their old houses have bright new facades, bigger garages and higher fences. Life is far from finished for these women. "You'll only find busy people here at the beach," says Hetty. "Others can't find the time to come." "What are they doing, then?" I ask. "They're home, in bed." Cottesloe Groyne beach at 7 am is like a club with wide open doors. Everybody says "good morning". If you're a stranger, they might ask where you're from and offer sympathy. Swim past and listen to the talk. Each floating group will be discussing the same topics: election results, weather forecasts, the state of the water today compared with yesterday. There is plenty of chin-up breast stroke and some half-hearted overarm. Today is Jenny's birthday. The women tread water in a circle and sing Happy Birthday. There is a card from them all, waiting on the sand. Ev has brought the vinegar bottle, in case of stingers. The bluebottles come in with the northerlies, but do not deter the regulars. There are two groups of Bobbies. They are friendly, but leave their towels in two distinct clumps. One group is Bobbies at Cottesloe beach: lots of breast stroke and a little overarm.

7db13c02e8c966e360b74021149c1781.jpg

Posts that do nothing but criticize other members or incite conflict in the thread are not allowed and have been removed.

I’ve added Peter to the spreadsheet. During the same weekend in June 1988 there were three incidents of people missing or murdered. I’m not suggesting Peter had any involvement, but instead perhaps was a witness. Only my thoughts and opinion.

1988 - Fri 17 Jun - Vanessa Devlin – aged 23 – Maddington - Police seek man who gave Vanessa a lift from Nicholson Rd, CV to her shared home at Maddington. Man seen arriving in metallic green Datsun 260 C? SMH

1988 – Sat - 18 Jun - Peter John Butt – aged 31 - Victoria Pk - Peter was last seen in East Victoria Park on 18 June 1988. Extensive inquiries have been conducted nationally since his disappearance without success. missingpersons

1988 – Mon - 20 Jun - Julie Cutler – aged 22 - Mill St, Pth - 12.30am last seen leaving Parmelia Hotel, Mill St, Perth. Fiat car dumped in Ocean at Cottesloe - MP

There is an underpass that goes from Burslem Drive Maddington to the river area, (looks more like a creek) which links Thornlie then Huntingdale and Gosnells for anyone on a bike ride.

I’ll be researching any men who went missing or murdered between October 1994 and 12 February 1995. That’s the period between the attempted abduction involving two perpetrators within the taxi and the single abduction (Rowe Pk) and rape at KK.

Due to the sensitive nature, the information won’t be uploaded onto the forum. Rather sent via private message. Please tick Thanks if you’d like to receive that information.

1994 Oct - Due to attempted abduction woman leapt from speeding taxi, man crouched in back seat tried to abduct her. Princess Rd, Claremont. Victim broke ankle. mandm

1995 Sunday 12 Feb – 17-year-old Abducted in Rowe Park in Gugeri St, taken to KK cemetery (raped). Tied with electrical flex. pressreader
I won't reply by private message. According to the Missing Persons Register (MPR) there were no missing men listed between October 1994 to 12 February 1995. The MPR advises not all missing persons are registered – I’m guessing only a small percentage is listed. https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/search/node/october 1994

If a person was to drown they wouldn’t be indicated on the MPR, but there should be a cemetery record or newspaper death article. I was unable to search cemetery records because they’re not indexed or searchable by date – surname only.

I've located the clipping...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Body found at Cottesloe Beach.jpg
    Body found at Cottesloe Beach.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 126
There is an underpass that goes from Burslem Drive Maddington to the river area, (looks more like a creek) which links Thornlie then Huntingdale and Gosnells for anyone on a bike ride.
The path spans alongside the Southern River. It twines through Gosnells, Huntingdale, Thornlie, Kenwick to about Wilson.

I've located the clipping...

attachment.php

Thanks CV - I had seen that before and should have saved it. I couldn't find it online. The article mentions Julie Cutler's car being found on 22 June so I wonder if police connected the two. No name mentioned so can't find out anything about the deceased man. MOO

Is Julie Cutler still considered a potential CSK victim now that LW is out of the picture?

If you're looking for a partner in crime that's since gone missing wouldn't you look after at missing people after the last known victim was killed? Or are you all just looking at possible victims in general (male & female)?

If you're looking for a partner in crime that's since gone missing wouldn't you look after at missing people after the last known victim was killed? Or are you all just looking at possible victims in general (male & female)?
Ilikeclouds,

Yes, my thoughts were the possibility of a partner in crime. If the CSK (whoever he be) was one of the men during the 1994 attempted abduction. What happened to his partner?

1994 Oct - Woman leapt from speeding taxi, man crouched in back seat tried to abduct her. Princess Rd, Claremont. Victim broke ankle. mandm

Did the male partner go missing within this time period (Oct 1994 to Feb 1995)? I'm looking for a possible male who may have gone missing.

1995 Sunday 12 Feb – 17-year-old Abducted in Rowe Park in Gugeri St, taken to KK cemetery (raped). Tied with electrical flex. pressreader

Only my thoughts and opinion

Romauld (Ronald) Zac (24) found dead under a tree outside Graylands Mental hospital 22 May 1997 - it was reported that RZ had worked with CG and also knew JR, also that RZ would speak about CG after her death and also visit her grave.

There are conflicting reports as to RZ COD.

[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Police who investigated the death concluded it was a suicide, a finding that was subsequently supported an a coronial inquest" - link below.

[/FONT]
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/suicide-finding-defended/news-story/a8d2ecfc2f87aa3ade5f0a5135a1a942

The below Report on the death of RZ by Maciej Henneberg PHD, DSc, FAIBiol, Professor and Head of the Department of Anatomical Science at the University of Adelaide contradicts the finding of suicide and states the following:

"Therefore, there are no grounds for suspicion of suicide while evidence of physical abuse possibly leading to homicide or murder is substantial. Since there is no evidence of struggle under the tree where the deceased has been found, the injuries had to be inflicted in some other location and the body moved to the place it was found in".

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2ac211b8e038570033f3dbda976a2b88.jpg
    2ac211b8e038570033f3dbda976a2b88.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 927c6f2d29a8435af57726bf4c6a1a35.jpg
    927c6f2d29a8435af57726bf4c6a1a35.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 133
Perhaps you could start by making a report to Crime Stoppers. Please let me know if you’d like me to draft the email.

The CBs usually have a wire fence with padlocked gates. It’s usually easy to lift a wire fence or cut a void in it. The maintenance crews might be subcontractors and visit to simply mow and wipper-snip and pick up debris. From memory I don’t recall the drainage CBs being on a register for annual or bi-annual inspection - I’m not sure. These are only my thoughts and opinion.
I just need to confirm that Telstra moved to Kewdale Rd from Ewing St before the Sarah Spiers abduction. I haven't found a record yet of when that was yet. I believe it was before the Privatisation Bill of 1996, but I want to substantiate that the accused would've had knowledge of the Compensation Basin before emailing.
I will need some sleuths onto finding which year Telecom/Telstra moved into 139 Kewdale Rd.

Just so I’m with the program, are we speculating as to whether the accused took out a man/potential victim-stealing competition during his reign?

It’s been a long day and my brain is struggling

Apologies if this has been posted before but with JR discovered near Woolcoot Road is it just a coincidence there’s a nearby road called Telephone Lane?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so I’m with the program, are we speculating as to whether the accused took out a man/potential victim-stealing competition during his reign?

It’s been a long day and my brain is struggling
Basically we're currently sleuthing:
1. possible location of Sarah Spiers and or trophies.
2. whether earlier 2 perp attacks were associated with CSK.
3. whether Julie Cutler and Kerry Turner cases associated with CSK.
4. Other suspects or accomplices.
5. whether some WA country and interstate cases are associated with CSK.
6. reviewing old threads where Telstra was first mentioned, to see if any contain leads that can be sleuthed further in light of the arrest of a suspect who did in fact work for Telstra.

Anyone want to add something I've missed?

Thanks. I pretty much got all that as I was a quiet reader of previous threads. I was just confused over the recent talk of males going missing and how that fits in :)

Basically we're currently sleuthing:
1. possible location of Sarah Spiers and or trophies.
2. whether earlier 2 perp attacks were associated with CSK.
3. whether Julie Cutler and Kerry Turner cases associated with CSK.
4. Other suspects or accomplices.
5. whether some WA country and interstate cases are associated with CSK.
6. reviewing old threads where Telstra was first mentioned, to see if any contain leads that can be sleuthed further in light of the arrest of a suspect who did in fact work for Telstra.

Anyone want to add something I've missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member