Found Deceased France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
PONT-DE-BEAUVOISIN: VEHICLES CIRCULATING AT NIGHT CHECKED BY GENDARMERIE

Le Dauphine.com
http://www.ledauphine.com/isere-nord/2017/10/01/les-vehicules-circulant-de-nuit-controles

On Saturday night, one month after Maëlys' disappearance, the police officers of the La Tour-du-Pin unit carried out an operation to control vehicles circulating in the area. Three posts were set up: in Pont-de-Beauvoisin, Abrets and Saint-Geoire-en-Valdaine.

From 2 a. m. to 5 a. m., in the same time slot as the disappearance of the little girl, they recorded the license plates of the vehicles and the identities of the drivers. The same operation had been carried out a week after the mysterious disappearance. The goal is to check whether people use these roads regularly at that time.

Some fifteen gendarmes were mobilized, with the support of the Chambéry unit for the Savoie side of Pont-de-Beauvoisin and the Abrets motorcyclists.

Motorists were also questioned about the case, as constables attempted to obtain additional information. The operation revealed nothing new and the identities and registration plates of the vehicles checked were transmitted to the investigation cell.

BBM

From 2 a. m. to 5 a. m., in the same time slot as the disappearance
.... :thinking:

That's a very labour intensive avenue to go down: checking the cameras to see if there are any regular road users who might have seen something strange.

Every time I get a notification on this I'm so worried Maelys's body has been found [emoji20]

They need to get all the info on his dealers up the chain, which presume they're actively doing already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/so...ns-de-nordahl-l-devant-les-juges_1948502.html

Information coming from NL hearing before the judges:

"You might think that you are adapting your answers to the questions ..." On the evening of 3 September, the two investigating judges in charge of the Maëlys case no longer hide their annoyance at Nordahl L. their interrogation of the suspect turns to the game of evasion. The magistrates have the feeling that this 34-year-old man, invited to marriage in Pont-de-Beauvoisin (Isère) when the girl disappeared on 27 August, delivers an incoherent account of the night of the facts. That he is involved in the kidnapping and that he does not say everything.

"No, I do not adapt, I try to remember memories of this evening to the maximum," replies Nordahl L., never destabilized. This hearing, which L'Express was able to consult, is the last of the suspect. It comes at a key moment in the investigation. The former soldier - a Thai boxing practitioner converted into dog breeding and handling - has been in the investigators' eyesight for several days. He was placed in custody before being released for lack of charges. Without ever dissipating suspicion.

"This is the first time I saw her"
This time, the investigating judges have a crucial element in their sleeve: a tiny genetic trace of Maëlys, 8 years old, whom he did not know before the evening of the wedding, was raised in front of his Audi A3. A vehicle that he nevertheless methodically cleaned the next day.

This discovery does not undermine the defense of the suspect. "When I was at the table and saw the picture of my dogs on my phone, I spoke with this little girl. It was the first time I saw her," he reminded judges, whereas he had, at first, minimized his contacts with the girl. The man claims that this scene took place in the presence of the mother of Maëlys. What she is challenging. On the contrary, the latter fears that he has managed to build a relationship of trust with his daughter during the party, taking advantage of the "love of animals" of the child. She had been disturbed by the familiarity with which Maëlys pointed to the suspect: "my friend" or "tonton".

"I do not remember touching her"
According to her version, Nordahl then brushes the brunette in the parking lot of the hall with other children. There, the girl insists to see if he took his Malinois shepherds to his chest. She is, he continues, accompanied by a "little blonde with a ball" whose first name he does not know. "I had opened the passenger side, I showed them [not], the little blonde came up and Maëlys too, it lasted 5-6 seconds." However, the DNA of the brunette was found, mixed with his, at the level of the headlights driver ...

"Did you touch Maëlys?" Asked one of the judges.

- "I do not remember touching her, maybe helping her get out of the car because it's a three-door, I do not remember taking her in the arms" says Nordal L.

For Nordahl L., the only explanation is that there was a mere transfer of DNA when he took his hand. But the investigators are dubious. First because they did not identify any "blond" boy likely to have experienced this scene, nor picked up any other DNA. Then because a witness tells that she only saw Maëlys in the parking lot. The latter also said he had surprised a strange injunction from the suspect to the girl. As they returned to the room, Nordahl L. reportedly said to Maëlys: "I pass by this way, but you go to the other side." Clearly, he asks her to go through the main door when he borrows the adjoining glass door. "It was the entrance of the DJ and there were sons," he justifies.

"Speaking again, it's flashing"
Imperturbable, Nordahl has an answer to everything. Why does he fail to recount this episode during his first custody? "It's a stupidity on my part," he admits, "for me to hear that a little one was taken away and spoke to me, and that I had brought her into my car without forcing her, it disrupted me. " Why does he give the impression of delivering a story in a dribble? "There was a lot of alcohol, talking again, it's flashing."

The time of the disappearance of Maëlys could not be established with precision, for lack of concordant testimonies in the confusion of the night. But the gendarmes questioned two movements of Nordahl, revealed by the study of a second phone whose curiously canceled the subscription the day after. The first, the suspect places it between 00h30 and 1h. According to his declarations, he returns to his mother's house in Domessin (Savoie), 10 minutes by car from the village hall, to change his white shorts stained with red wine and vomit. This garment, which has never been found, would have thrown it into a "garbage container". "I did not want my mother to know that I drink and drive at the same time."

"I went to look for narcotics"
The second trip takes place in the middle of the night. Around 3 am, the DJ cuts the music and announces to the microphone that the girl is wanted by her parents. Anxiety rises. But the ex-military is absent subscribers. One of his friends remembers seeing him last enter the bathroom at the beginning of the search. Never again. According to this close, Nordhal L. pretext to want to "vomit". "I did not vomit at all," the suspect said, explaining that he had gone "just pissing". It is my word against his word.

His absence is in any case noticed. At about 3:15 am, the groom asked him to be contacted. But the three calls are redirected to his answering machine. Ten minutes later, Nordahl's phone activates a terminal outside the marriage area. "I went to Saint-Albin to look for amazing products," he finally let go. He is, however, unable to identify this mysterious dealer with whom he would have provided himself. At 3:55, his phone is located again in the area of ​​the hall of the festivals. Without knowing if he is really present. No one sees him participating in the research. "I did not participate actively," he corrects.

At four o'clock in the morning, the gendarmes took over. Nordahl explains that he had gone home to sleep with his parents. The investigators could not verify this: his phone is inactive between 4am and 7am. The former soldier pleads "network problems". "But the investigators told me it was not that," he concedes.

"I do not remember having insisted"
The following day, in the late afternoon, Nordahl L. takes the time to thoroughly clean his Audi at a service station located opposite his home. "The wax is better there," he says. According to the operation of the cameras, he scours his car - from the ceiling to the carpets - from 17:28 to 19:45. Investigators noted: "Wipe-up, use of a spray on the front passenger seat, trunk cleaning with wipes, vacuum cleaner ..." According to the suspect, this zeal is due to an imminent sale of the vehicle to a friend.

After explaining that he was using "Marseilles soap", Nordahl L. conceded to the judges the use of a "pschitt for rims" in the trunk and on the front mats. This detergent has such a strong smell that it made the dogs of the gendarmes sick and dizzy the investigators. Nordahl L. declared that he simply wanted to restore "a gray color" to his "brown" carpet.

- "It is not usual to pass such a detergent?" Insists one of the judges.

- "No, it's really because I was going to sell it." Usually, I clean with a vacuum cleaner and a brush ... I did not want to leave any dog ​​hair.

- Why do you insist on the passenger handle?

- The scratching of the nails, quite simply. I do not remember having insisted. "

Nordhal L. is finally put under investigation and imprisoned, without adding a word. Leaving behind him persistent questions: Does he hold the keys to the enigma? Or is he the victim of an incredible misfortune, with a succession of circumstances that play against him? While the parents of Maëlys officially come to call him to say "what he knows", the ex-soldier could be re-heard. Contacted, his new lawyer Alain Jakubowicz did not wish to express himself.

:bump: for this precious child :rose:

I just read all 29 pages and IMHO, NL is as guilty as they get...proving it is the problem! I think it is likely that he incapacitated her between her grandmother seeing her at 245 and (NL) being seen in the parking lot sometime after 3am. He could have easily hid her in his car until he conveniently left just prior to the Gendarmes arrival. Since he is a drug dealer and has contacts in that element, he likely had access to any of the date rape drugs like Rohypnol, GHB, MDMA, Ketamine or scopolamine . I do not recall any mention of the exact time that he arrived home after leaving for the final time, although I recall a snippet that he was there prior to 7am but that leaves about 3 hours of unexplained time. I wonder if his explanation of the events are partial truths: such as Maelys and a blonde boy in the car, maybe the shorts in the trash bin was an unconscious reference to Maelys being put in the trash. Then again the unexplained 3 hours could have easily afforded him the time to pass her off to traffickers.

Where is this beautiful, precious, innocent child? :cry:

Wouldn't it be great if someone made a "truth" drug. Something that an informant could "offer" to the accused (especially drug addicts), they would take it for a "high". They could even feel a high so that they don't suspect. However, after it metabolizes in their system, they will truthfully answer questions about the crime in question. Of course, this wouldn't allow for information to be used in court, but we could find the "lost" ones out there. The missing that we "know" who did it, but just can't find the body. Couldn't these brilliant people who are always looking to prove their brilliance in computer viruses, new illegal drugs, and the like come up with something like this?!

In the past, I have also fantasized about having a look-a-like come to them in jail and scare the living (bleep) out of them. A doppelganger that would shake them up since they thought they killed said person. I thought of this when Susan Powell disappeared. Scaring the accused in to a confession. I would have loved for this person to go to Steven Powell when he was in jail. Just fantasies. Just wishful thinking. Just wishing that some of these cretins would grow some sort of conscience.

MOTHER OF THE SUSPECT HAS SPOKEN WITH HIM IN PRISON

LeDauphine
http://www.ledauphine.com/isere-nor...t-lui-a-parle-en-prison-le-pont-de-beauvoisin

Christiane, the mother of Nordahl Lelandais, the number one suspect in the case of the disappearance of Maëlys, had followed the public intervention of the girl's parents last Thursday in Lyon. A poignant call for the truth, that did not leave the suspect's mother feeling unaffected.

"As soon as I can go to see my son in prison, I'll talk to him and say "If you saw something, you have to tell it". And if he tells something to me, I'll let it know for sure," she said.

This Wednesday morning, having obtained permission to visit, Christiane went to the visiting room of the Saint-Quentin-Fallavier prison. She was able to talk at length with her son,
who has now been placed in solitary confinement since a few days. He has left the arrivals' quarters since his urgent transfer from Varces prison, where the ex-military of Domessin had received death threats.

BBM

:waiting: :waiting:

'NORDAHL TOLD ME, EYE-TO-EYE, THAT HE IS INNOCENT'

Le Parisien
http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-dive...x-qu-il-etait-innocent-05-10-2017-7310946.php

The mother of the alleged abductor of the 9-year-old girl, who has been missing since 27 August, questioned her son during a visit to prison, sharing the call for truth from the parents of Maëlys. The suspect has reaffirmed his innocence.

The heartbreaking call from Maëlys' parents, asking suspect n°1 to say what happened to their daughter, has not changed anything. From his prison in Saint-Quentin-Fallavier (Isère), Nordahl Lelandais continues to claim his innocence. His mother, Christiane, who had promised, in the event of revelations by her son, to alert the authorities,"for the sake of Maëlys' parents whose distress I understand", was able to speak with Nordahl on Wednesday morning during an hour-long visit.

"He told me once again that he was innocent. He told me Mom, I swear to God, I assure you, eye-to-eye. And I believe him. I think if he was guilty of something, he'd have a different look. He'd be different. He couldn't lie to me that much. If there was any doubt, I would have felt it. But this time, no. We kissed, we hugged," Christiane Lelandais confides.

From his prison, Nordahl also followed Maëlys's parents' intervention in front of the television cameras last Thursday. "He watched," his mother confirms. "But I really don't see why he would accuse himself when he's innocent. He's not going to be guilty of something he didn't do if he's innocent. That's what he said to me," Christiane Lelandais insists .

The former 34-year-old soldier, who remains the number one suspect in this case and has been indicted for kidnapping and sequestration, is expected to be reheard by the judges in charge of the case before the end of the month. The judges await the results of numerous analyses in order to confront Nordahl Lelandais with his contradictions.

This Thursday, new field searches were carried out by the gendarmes. Divers probed three ponds near the Belmont-Tramonet campsite (Savoie) five kilometres from Pont-de-Beauvoisin (Isère). On Wednesday, it was in Domessin (Savoie), where the suspect resided, that the search had been concentrated, with dog handlers and mobile gendarmes. But since 27 August, the day she disappeared, little Maëlys remains untraceable.

BBM

:dunno::hearno:

<RSBM>

The mother of the alleged abductor of the 9-year-old girl, who has been missing since 27 August, questioned her son during a visit to prison, sharing the call for truth from the parents of Maëlys. The suspect has reaffirmed his innocence.

I am not buying it. At all. DNA on that switch did not magically appear there. Throwing out his shorts, ludicrous. He was involved IMO, and needs to come clean.

He certainly wouldn't be the first, and I'm sure he won't be the last person to look his mother in the eye and blatantly lie.
If you're capable of murdering a child, I don't see lying to your mother as being a big deal.

He certainly wouldn't be the first, and I'm sure he won't be the last person to look his mother in the eye and blatantly lie.
If you're capable of murdering a child, I don't see lying to your mother as being a big deal.

And his Mother is probably the last person in the world that he'd want to admit this too.

Remember him saying he took off his shorts and threw them away, so his mother wouldn't know he vomited on them and drove while drunk. He tries to hide things from his mother because he cares what she thinks about him.

He is never going to tell her what he did to that poor sweet girl. :no:

ETA: in his own words:

"According to his declarations, he returns to his mother's house in Domessin (Savoie), 10 minutes by car from the village hall, to change his white shorts stained with red wine and vomit. This garment, which has never been found, would have thrown it into a "garbage container". "I did not want my mother to know that I drink and drive at the same time."

Another day hoping this dear child might be found safe, realizing that those odds diminish every day that evil man tells his lies.

A little :bump: as we keep hoping for a miracle :rose:

VEHICLE OF THE SUSPECT FILMED BY A SURVEILLANCE CAMERA ON THE NIGHT OF MAËLYS' DISAPPEARANCE

M6INFO
https://m6info.yahoo.com/le-vehicul...s-152919091.html?soc_src=hl-viewer&soc_trk=ma

The little girl disappeared during the night of August 26-27, at a wedding celebrated in Pont-de-Beauvoisin, Isère.

It is a photo enlarged, dissected, analyzed for days by the technical and scientific police of the gendarmerie. Does this photograph captured by a surveillance camera during the night of 26-27 August last, hold the key to the disappearance of 9-year-old Maëlys?

On this record, the gendarmes are convinced that this is the Audi A3, the car of Nordhal Lelandais, chief suspect in this case, who has been indicted for abduction. The driver's face is not currently identifiable, but advanced technologies are being used to clarify the delineation.

The PTS of the Pontoise cluster is trying to identify any element in the vehicle that could move the investigation forward. According to our information, there is no indication at this stage that Maëlys was in the car.

The suspect indicated that he had left three times this evening to change. He also reportedly made a round trip to his home to change shorts, which he said had been stained with wine. It is during one of these trips that the A3 would have been filmed by this camera. Nordhal Lelandais has always claimed his innocence and stated that he has never ever been the author of Maelys' abduction.

Nordhal left the wedding night several times (three according to him). He also made a round trip to and from his home to change shorts. His shorts would have been stained with wine. Investigators never found the trace of the shorts, which he supposedly had thrown in a public garbage can.

BBM

:thinking:

IMHO if this picture is that interesting, it probably wasn't taken on his return from home.

CCTV PICTURE SHOWS A WHITE FIGURE ON THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR OF THE SUSPECT

BFMT.tv
http://www.bfmtv.com/police-justice...tient-l-attention-des-enqueteurs-1281959.html

Maëlys, nine years old, disappeared at a wedding party in Pont-de-Beauvoisin in Isère on August 27th. Although a suspect has quickly been detained, the fate of the little girl remains unclear. Investigators have a photo of a CCTV camera showing the suspect behind the wheel of his car on the night of the incident, accompanied by a white figure on the passenger seat, not yet identified.

The fate of Maëlys, who disappeared in the middle of the night at Pont-de-Beauvoisin in Isère on 27 August during a wedding party, remains unknown, although a suspect, former military officer and dog handler, was detained from the very first days of the case. But according to information that we are releasing this Thursday, investigators are interested in a photo taken from the Pont-de-Beauvoisin video protection cameras.

The suspect is seen driving his vehicle with the white silhouette of a small person in the passenger seat, which the police say may indeed be a small person. The night of the disappearance, Maëlys was wearing a white dress.

Another troubling element: the photo was taken around 3 a. m. on the spot, a schedule that is both that of the disappearance of the little girl and the definitive departure of the suspect from the evening. He had previously made several round trips. Despite spending hours studying this cliché, the police officers are unable to identify the silhouette because the car was in motion and was driving at night.

BBM

In the video, it is mentioned that the picture was taken by a CCTV camera in Pont-de-Beauvoisin.

It sounds like the police are getting ever closer to finding out what happened, and hopefully finding Maelys.

Thank you for the update ZaZara!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost to the world for now, but not for long. I hope this is sufficient to prompt a confession so Maelys is found soon!

Slowly things are coming together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members