Zach Adams guilty in kidnapping murder of Holly Bobo Sept 23, 2017

I think JA may be the one who actually killed her, not that it makes ZA any less guilty of murder because he participated in the crime.

I wonder if we'll ever know what happened to her body after she was killed.

It makes no sense to me that only her scull, some teeth, and ribs were found. No bones from her arms or hands and no bones from her lower body, and IIRC, no bones from her spine. None.

How can that be if her whole body was disposed of in one place?

:seeya: I have the same questions.

1st BBM: I hope so.

2nd BBM: Agree.

3rd BBM: Agree ... JMO but here a few possibilities ... and my apologies for being so graphic:

What if she was disposed where her items and these bones were found, could it be the animals took the bones and dragged them through the wooded area ? The bones that were missing are larger - so do animals like "larger" bones ?

What if the perps did "gut" her - "gut" being the word JA used when he testified -- and threw some of the body in the nearby water, and left some of the body at the location she was found ?

For quite some time, **rumor** was she was killed in one place and moved to another place ... then you have ZA's brother Dylan statement to LE, in which he claimed that Holly was at ZA's house with JA and SA. That is why LE tore Zach's house apart looking for any evidence that Holly was there ... but they found nothing at ZA's house. They even searched the yard, the well, etc, and NOTHING - NO evidence linking Holly there.

What if she was killed somewhere else, "gutted" there, and then the perps dumped some of the body where she was gutted and being the "sickos" that they are, dumped the rest of the body in the woods ?

:gaah: I have so many questions about this evidence found ... so when I get the time, off to the "Evidence Thread" here ...

:moo:

IF Staggs' above statement on is true, then I want to hear it from ZA or his attorney, Jennifer T ... until then, I don't know IF I believe it.

To be fair, that's an impossible criteria that can never be met. Neither ZA nor his atty can admit anything because of the nature of the appeals process.

But even if they did answer the question, it's not necessarily the ultimate word, since the plea process doesn't lend answers that are as perfect as we would like to think.

It's possible that such an offer never happened, of course.

But if it did, it doesn't quite tell us an answer with any certainty. All it indicates is that ZA felt his path to the best OUTCOME (not necessarily the fairest) was via a negotiation rather than the whims of a jury. It's not unheard of for a defendant who is innocent to plead guilty because they think the system is rigged where they are going to be legally lynched, and they see no better recourse. So there's that.

I am a bit bothered, if there is truth to this report of such offers, inasmuch as it would be a leak from the prosecution, and would be intended to taint the public perception (as regards either the prosecutors themselves, or ZA) as well as influence the appeals, rather than simply letting the jury and the trial speak.

To be fair, that's an impossible criteria that can never be met. Neither ZA nor his atty can admit anything because of the nature of the appeals process.

But even if they did answer the question, it's not necessarily the ultimate word, since the plea process doesn't lend answers that are as perfect as we would like to think.

It's possible that such an offer never happened, of course.

But if it did, it doesn't quite tell us an answer with any certainty. All it indicates is that ZA felt his path to the best OUTCOME (not necessarily the fairest) was via a negotiation rather than the whims of a jury. It's not unheard of for a defendant who is innocent to plead guilty because they think the system is rigged where they are going to be legally lynched, and they see no better recourse. So there's that.

I am a bit bothered, if there is truth to this report of such offers, inasmuch as it would be a leak from the prosecution, and would be intended to taint the public perception (as regards either the prosecutors themselves, or ZA) as well as influence the appeals, rather than simply letting the jury and the trial speak.

:seeya:

Hi Steve, Very good points ... oh, it may not have come across as such, but I was trying to be somewhat "sarcastic" in my comment about ZA and JT :D

I remember after the Verdict and Sentencing Agreement, JT admitted to plea talks during the trial.

From News Channel 5:

Thompson revealed there had actually been plea talks during the trial -- but, Adams refused to listen hoping for an acquittal.

Link: http://www.newschannel5.com/news/defense-attorney-reflects-on-holly-bobo-murder-trial

Also from News Channel 5:

"When she said look at me ... he was looking at her. He sat there with a neutral expression on his face," said Thompson who after sentencing approached Karen.

"Karen Bobo was standing there and I said may I speak to you? She said yes. I just want you to know what you did today is an incredible gift to my client," said Thompson.

Karen had said the decision had nothing to do with Adams, but more with the future of her family.

Link: http://www.newschannel5.com/news/defense-attorney-reflects-on-holly-bobo-murder-trial

JMO but it was totally inappropriate for Jennifer Thompson to approach Karen after that Sentencing Agreement was reached and make such a comment. I mean really, WTH ?

Yes, ZA was found guilty, however, he is entitled to a proper appeal by law. But his attorney should have just kept :silenced:

:moo::moo:

Staggs was disclosing that the Adams team offered a plea deal PRIOR to trial, which is different then the offers that occurred during the trial. I can't imagine the state would have ever offered a sentence that would allow him to walk the streets or require hearings about his getting out.

The pleas offers during the trial came from the state, IIRC.

Burton S. Staggs
Yesterday at 12:25pm ·
Zach Adams offered to plea guilty at least two times prior to the trial
According to a source with knowledge of the plea negations Zach Adams made at least two attempts to plea guilty before the Holly Bobo trial. The source said that Adams approached the state about a plea of guilty which would have him serve 25 years and at a later date a plea that would have him serve 45 years. According to that source both offers were decline by the state of TN

:seeya: I have the same questions.

1st BBM: I hope so.

2nd BBM: Agree.

3rd BBM: Agree ... JMO but here a few possibilities ... and my apologies for being so graphic:

What if she was disposed where her items and these bones were found, could it be the animals took the bones and dragged them through the wooded area ? The bones that were missing are larger - so do animals like "larger" bones ?

What if the perps did "gut" her - "gut" being the word JA used when he testified -- and threw some of the body in the nearby water, and left some of the body at the location she was found ?

For quite some time, **rumor** was she was killed in one place and moved to another place ... then you have ZA's brother Dylan statement to LE, in which he claimed that Holly was at ZA's house with JA and SA. That is why LE tore Zach's house apart looking for any evidence that Holly was there ... but they found nothing at ZA's house. They even searched the yard, the well, etc, and NOTHING - NO evidence linking Holly there.

What if she was killed somewhere else, "gutted" there, and then the perps dumped some of the body where she was gutted and being the "sickos" that they are, dumped the rest of the body in the woods ?

:gaah: I have so many questions about this evidence found ... so when I get the time, off to the "Evidence Thread" here ...

:moo:

Warning: may be too graphic for some. Continue reading at your own discretion.

A coyote den was found close to the remains that were discovered. It was reported that the den was cleared out and searched and nothing was found. The long bone in the leg, the femur, is one of the hardest bones in the body. Scavenger animals, like coyotes, eat the soft tissue like the fat, muscles, and skin. They do eat bones but of all the bones, the ribs would probably be amongst the best and easiest to devour but they were recovered. I'm just not buying that they dragged away or ate every single bone except the ribs, and of course the scull.

Skeletal remains of people have been found decades after they passed away and many of the bones, if not all, are recovered in the same place. Why so few in this case?

Zach allegedly said he was there for the worst of it. What did he mean by that?

I didn't see this posted

Burton S. Staggs
12 hrs ·
According to a source with knowledge of the plea negations Zach Adams made at least two attempts to plea guilty before the Holly Bobo trial. The source said that Adams approached the state about a plea of guilty which would have him serve 25 years and at a later date a plea that would have him serve 45 years. According to that source both offers were decline by the state of TN

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1631371536882185&id=907291309290215
If this is true, and i have no reason to believe it isnt, im blown away. I think the state took quite a chance not taking his plea. Although im sure of his guilt Imo this was not a slam dunk case.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Warning: may be too graphic for some. Continue reading at your own discretion.

A coyote den was found close to the remains that were discovered. It was reported that the den was cleared out and searched and nothing was found. The long bone in the leg, the femur, is one of the hardest bones in the body. Scavenger animals, like coyotes, eat the soft tissue like the fat, muscles, and skin. They do eat bones but of all the bones, the ribs would probably be amongst the best and easiest to devour but they were recovered. I'm just not buying that they dragged away or ate every single bone except the ribs, and of course the scull.

Skeletal remains of people have been found decades after they passed away and many of the bones, if not all, are recovered in the same place. Why so few in this case?

Zach allegedly said he was there for the worst of it. What did he mean by that?

Oh, yes, the worst of it. I remember now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't really care about 'who did what' to Holly, out of the 4 *******s that were involved. I don't care if JA told the exact truth about 'who, what, when' it all went down.

I just want to KNOW that it was these four 's that did this evil deed. That is all I need to take away from JA's testimony. Were these the 4 guys that kidnapped and defiled this sweet girl?

They all need to be locked up. I don't care who took her from the carport, or who had the idea, or who planned it or who wrapped her in the blanket...I DON"T CARE. They ALL need to be held equally responsible and need to be in :jail:

Hi Steve, Very good points ... oh, it may not have come across as such, but I was trying to be somewhat "sarcastic" in my comment about ZA and JT :D

I remember after the Verdict and Sentencing Agreement, JT admitted to plea talks during the trial.

From News Channel 5:

Thompson revealed there had actually been plea talks during the trial -- but, Adams refused to listen hoping for an acquittal.

Also from News Channel 5:

"When she said look at me ... he was looking at her. He sat there with a neutral expression on his face," said Thompson who after sentencing approached Karen.

"Karen Bobo was standing there and I said may I speak to you? She said yes. I just want you to know what you did today is an incredible gift to my client," said Thompson.

Karen had said the decision had nothing to do with Adams, but more with the future of her family.

JMO but it was totally inappropriate for Jennifer Thompson to approach Karen after that Sentencing Agreement was reached and make such a comment. I mean really, WTH ?

Yes, ZA was found guilty, however, he is entitled to a proper appeal by law. But his attorney should have just kept :silenced:

:moo::moo:

I totally agree. This woman got up in front of that jury in her opening and closing statements and emphatically stated her client had nothing to do with this terrible crime. And then she thanks Karen Bobo after the trial for agreeing to LWOP? What happened to 'her client did't do it'? Why on earth would she think Karen Bobo would want to hear anything she had to say after what she had just been though.

Another wonky thing she did was to make the statement that ZA didn't want to make a deal during the trial because he thought she had created enough reasonable doubt. If she wasn't going to/couldn't say he didn't want to make a deal because he didn't do it, then she should have said nothing.

Nothing like a defense attorney who makes you look guilty for sure by making dumb statements.

Oh, yes, the worst of it. I remember now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, and we know the rape wasn't the worst of it in his mind because he bragged about how he enjoyed that. So what was the worst of it?

I totally agree. This woman got up in front of that jury in her opening and closing statements and emphatically stated her client had nothing to do with this terrible crime. And then she thanks Karen Bobo after the trial for agreeing to LWOP? What happened to 'her client did't do it'? Why on earth would she think Karen Bobo would want to hear anything she had to say after what she had just been though.

Another wonky thing she did was to make the statement that ZA didn't want to make a deal during the trial because he thought she had created enough reasonable doubt. If she wasn't going to/couldn't say he didn't want to make a deal because he didn't do it, then she should have said nothing.

Nothing like a defense attorney who makes you look guilty for sure by making dumb statements.

BBM:

Annnnnd there's an appeal right there. More from the get-go with JT though, IMO. She never actually followed through with her claim of ZA's complete innocence.
Is she a DP attorney? Seems to me in all of her cross all she did was reiterate what the witness had testified too. Didn't impeach any witness what so ever.
Unless I missed some super defense she may have given ZA a valid appeal on Ineffective Counsel. Purposely? is that a strategy?

JMO

BBM:

Annnnnd there's an appeal right there. More from the get-go with JT though, IMO. She never actually followed through with her claim of ZA's complete innocence.
Is she a DP attorney? Seems to me in all of her cross all she did was reiterate what the witness had testified too. Didn't impeach any witness what so ever.
Unless I missed some super defense she may have given ZA a valid appeal on Ineffective Counsel. Purposely? is that a strategy?

JMO
Our great country gives everyone a right to a defense, regardless how damaging the evidence. Somebody has to do the deed of being the defense attorney, again regardless of thought of guilt or innocence.

I thought she did the best job possible for the ******* of a client that she had. She did her best to present an alternative that several times had folks on this board claiming reasonable doubt. She did her best to get him a deal before he was convicted. She did her best....

Better than most....only by the grace of the blessed family will he continue to live.

Goodness won that day....Hurrah.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Our great country gives everyone a right to a defense, regardless how damaging the evidence. Somebody has to do the deed of being the defense attorney, again regardless of thought of guilt or innocence.

I thought she did the best job possible for the ******* of a client that she had. She did her best to present an alternative that several times had folks on this board claiming reasonable doubt. She did her best to get him a deal before he was convicted. She did her best....

Better than most....only by the grace of the blessed family will he continue to live.

Goodness won that day....Hurrah.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Yes - goodness AND Truth won out.

IMO ZA's benefit of a continued life was a collateral effect having nothing to do with him. I thought it quite arrogant and insulting that JT considered it some kind of intentional gift by KB and had the audacity to voice that opinion.

JMO

I didn't see this posted

Burton S. Staggs
12 hrs ·

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1631371536882185&id=907291309290215

Is this from a verified account? His profile says "news personality," but it isn't verified. Wondering about its accuracy. Is there another source you can link to that's MSM? TIA [emoji106]

[emoji202]MOO

One, there were many, many witnesses. Two, its in the details, which is a really good way to know the truth. A recovering addict relative of mine got clean and got very REAL in telling the truth.... probably to the point of TMI to various people. So I'm buying JA's story. Three, the Bobo's are very informed with details and do believe it was him. Four, if Zach had a better story, he was certainly FREE to speak up!

Exactly this. [emoji115] All of this is why I believe it, too. But you said it better than I could have. Thank you.

Yes, and we know the rape wasn't the worst of it in his mind because he bragged about how he enjoyed that. So what was the worst of it?

This is why I wanted to know where Kelly's Ridge is. It was mentioned as where her body was dumped. I thought it was obvious that she was dismembered when only those few bones were found. You know that recovery would have been more thorough then to find the bones that were exposed and call it a day.

If Shayne Austin disposed of the longer bones, unless one of the ** were with him, they may never be found.

This is why I wanted to know where Kelly's Ridge is. It was mentioned as where her body was dumped. I thought it was obvious that she was dismembered when only those few bones were found. You know that recovery would have been more thorough then to find the bones that were exposed and call it a day.

If Shayne Austin disposed of the longer bones, unless one of the ** were with him, they may never be found.

BBM

I believe the house where JA knocked on the door to ask to go fishing and was denied, was off Kelly Road. Kelly Road is between Hwy 641 and 192, North of I-40. I don't know if Kelly's Ridge is a defined area or if it's something that locals only know. I would guess that Kelly's Ridge is between Kelly Road and Sorghum Road.

Again, we have to remember that JA is only testifying to what ZA told him. The info about Kelly's Ridge may or may not be true. ZA may not have wanted JA knowing details or what he did with HB for the very reason of JA trying to find body, which JA did try to find body by driving over there and knocking on the door.

I don't really care about 'who did what' to Holly, out of the 4 *******s that were involved. I don't care if JA told the exact truth about 'who, what, when' it all went down.

I just want to KNOW that it was these four 's that did this evil deed.

That is all I need to take away from JA's testimony.

Were these the 4 guys that kidnapped and defiled this sweet girl?

They all need to be locked up. I don't care who took her from the carport, or who had the idea, or who planned it or who wrapped her in the blanket...I DON"T CARE.

They ALL need to be held equally responsible and need to be in :jail:

1st BBM: I want to know as well that it was these 4 A's ...

I want to know 100% absolutely that all 4 of them were involved.

2nd BBM: Yes, were all 4 involved ?

3rd BBM: If the answer is Yes to the above, I agree that they ALL need to be held equally responsible.

JMO but before ZA's trial started, I really believed that ZA and the rest of the A's were THE perps: Grand jury indictments were handed down, searches were done on ZA's property, ZA was arrested, then JA was arrested, then DA was arrested about 6 months later, then news about SA's "immunity deal." Court hearings were held, discovery deadlines were set, a trial date was set. Then you had the sideshow with the 2 brothers who were arrested for "accessory after the fact" for an alleged video - which charges were later dropped. Oh, and remains were finally found. Things seem to be finally moving along !

Then there were delays by the D.A.'s office turning over discovery ... more discovery delays ... trial date was postponed and postponed ... then another delay because THE alleged murder weapon was found and testing needed to be done.

The D.A.'s office and LE led the public to believe they finally had the perps - all of them - AND - they had ALL this evidence against these 4 perps.

Then ZA's trial was finally underway ... I was so looking forward to hearing everything they had against these 4.

Then BOOM ... I kept :fencefall: and :fencefall:

I was totally and completed disappointed by the LACK of Physical Evidence from the State ... all the "evidence" the State had was a parade of convicts looking for immunity deals, plea deals, and get out of :jail: free cards ...

JMO but I do NOT believe the TRUTH will ever be known about Holly's case ... and that's sad !

Physical evidence lack? No, I don't see that. They had some bones, some belongings.

IMO, they would have had DNA and possibly Holly's body before decomposition
.... IF ....
TBI had not blown it by not considering the A's as perps despite having many pointing fingers.

I do believe what Jason Autry testified to was 90% truth. I don't think his testimony was skewed to make him look better. Seriously? He can't look much worse.
He only testified so that he can breathe air for many years instead of the needle (which they all deserve).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back