GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered the same. A two year old shouldn't be alone with a newborn. They're just young to understand how delicate a newborn is.moo
I have a 2 year old and I have a newborn. I just keep thinking about how many times I've had to stop my 2 year old from climbing in the crib with the newborn and how many times my 2 year old has tried to pick up my newborn. I couldn't help but immediately wonder if the 2 year old accidentally killed the newborn and the parents are covering for whatever reason. I hope not, but I just know how curious 2 year olds are about new siblings.

I have a 2 year old and I have a newborn. I just keep thinking about how many times I've had to stop my 2 year old from climbing in the crib with the newborn and how many times my 2 year old has tried to pick up my newborn. I couldn't help but immediately wonder if the 2 year old accidentally killed the newborn and the parents are covering for whatever reason. I hope not, but I just know how curious 2 year olds are about new siblings.

While this is theoretically possible... it is also unlikely.

With the exception of accidentally smothering the baby... it's unlikely a 2 year old would even be capable of killing the baby accidentally. They aren't tall enough to drop far enough, strong enough to squeeze or shake hard enough.

Really trying to quiet the baby with it's blanket or a pillow or accidentally falling asleep on top of the baby... are about the only ways I can think of. Such as the recent revelation of the 5 year old who unintentionally smothered their siblings with a large pillow.

Unfortunately statistically if this baby was killed it was one of the adults. I hope that somehow it was an abduction...

It would be odd that a person could enter that tiny trailer home without the parents hearing it. When my children were 2 they NEVER slept until 10am. How was it everyone in the house slept that late with a newborn and a toddler? If they were awake then a person entering is near impossible due to the size of their home.

This quote from the child's grandfather speaking of her in past tense bothers me. ""She was so tiny. So innocent," said Caliyah's grandfather, Tim Bell.".

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/authorities-search-for-missing-2-week-old-baby/621179564

Ugh. Everything about this story makes me sad. The beautiful little picture of the baby with her fresh pink cheeks contrasted with the dismal living arrangement she went home to. No toys outside to even consider a 2 yr old lives there. An incoherent face tattooed father.....

Hopefully the baby is safe and being well cared for...

Replying to post #64 (I don't know how to reply to a partial post). I started thinking too, last night, that surely the parents knew that if the 2 yr-old did hurt the baby, it would be considered strictly a tragic accident and there would be no need to "cover it up". kwim A child that age would not be found at fault for anything malicious as say an older child might be. I hope they find out more today..she has such a precious face!!!

I'm curious if there are any studies that document the correlation between socioeconomic status, intelligence, and infanticide by parents.
I googled around a bit but didn't find anything clear.

Meanwhile I just keep telling myself over and over (trying hard to stay objective and it IS hard):

Maybe they normally did get up every two hours to feed baby, which is normal with a preemie, but they didn't wake up until 10 am BECAUSE the baby didn't wake them.
Midge, even though some parents of a preemie would have them room-in, maybe the fact that she wasn't rooming-in is completely normal.
Living conditions could be much better inside the trailer than the outside shows.
Surely, they had their doors locked.
Maybe they just didn't hear an intruder.
Maybe a grandma or someone just stopped by in the early hours of the morning and took the premature infant out for a visit without permission and this will all be cleared up soon.
Maybe the scent trail into the woods was just canine error.
Surely the parents will make a composed plea for their child soon.

I think I will just keep trying to convince myself that this will all end well, because my logical mind is pretty sure it won't.

I wonder if there were any other adults sleeping over or living there?
The horrific case of Shaylyn Ammerman has never left my mind.

Are there any pictures of this baby with her eyes open?

I have no idea. Most preemies are kept in the hospital for awhile, aren't they? She must not have been very premature.

IME they're kept until they're at least 5lbs and can pass the "car seat challenge" they're kept in their car seat for an hour, on monitors to make sure that there are no desats, bradys, or apneas related to an obstructed airway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what went on here, but if I was going to steal a baby, I would look for a couple just like this one. They make the perfect scapegoats.

Where's the 2 year old? Still in the home or with others? Is there any documented DV or other LE reports associated with the parents?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Excerpt from The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc:

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Michael King , WXIA*10:37 AM. EDT October 08, 2017

COVINGTON, GA - The search continues for a 2-week-old infant reported missing from the Eagle Point Trailer Park.*

The baby, Caliyah McNabb, was reported missing by her parents, Courtney Bell and Chris McNabb, Saturday morning.

According to Newton County Sheriff's Capt. Keith Crum, the parents reported that the child was fine at 5 am when they fed and changed her, but when they went to check on the child at 10 am, she was missing from the bedroom.*

Little Caliyah*was born*premature on Sept. 23 and weighs only about 5 pounds.*

"I'm trying to take care of my kids and my mind is wrapped around what happened could this have happened," said Megan Sorrells, Caliyah's aunt. "I went through this house and tore this house to pieces. Dirty clothes, cabinets, refrigerators, freezers, toilets ... I even climbed up under this trailer because I finally got to thinking the worst has happened to this little girl."

Police say the parents volunteered to go to the sheriffs office for questioning and were released without charges.

"I looked in all these garbage cans," Sorrells said. "You shouldn't have to go to a garbage can to find a baby. I know this is crazy but I mean, it's just crazy to think someone came in this house in the middle of the night and took her.

"It's getting harder because I really hoped to hear something," Sorrells said. "I was hoping she would be found."

Crum said police have canvassed the area and used a search dog to track the baby's scent to about a mile away from the trailer park before coming back.*

Deputies have interviewed both parents and other relatives, and, according to Crum, everyone has been cooperative throughout their investigation.*

He indicated that they would continue their investigation, despite the potential incoming severe weather.*

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/n...ching-for-missing-2-week-old-infant/481616961

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Do you all remember the Kamiyah Mobley case (1998) in Jacksonville, FL? Kamiyah was abducted at the hospital 8 hours after her birth by a desperate woman posing as a nurse in scrubs. Some cast suspicion on Kamiyah's teenage mother with claims that she "sold her baby" or "it was an inside job". As it turns out the kidnapper, Gloria William was arrested in January 2017, having raised Kamiyah as "Alexis" in South Carolina. I am praying this little baby is alive and safe somewhere.
http://jacksonville.com/news/2017-02-09/legal-conundrum-keeps-kamiyah-mobley-moving-life
JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members