GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not done this experiment in a few years, but I do remember seeing a great blog about SA, where they showed transcripts from people on 911 call, reporting missing or deceased loved ones.

Guilty people like Mark Redwine start the calls by giving out their alibi info first----then they report the crime.

People who end up being cleared as innocent, tend to start by blurting out the most urgent info---'my baby is missing', or ' my wife is not breathing.'

They do not tend to say ' I just woke up from a nap, I think my teen forgot to lock the back door and my baby is missing.'

Very, very interesting. Thanks for posting this.

I dont think a 2 year old is a reliable source of information. They are just learning how to talk and while someone may reply their 2 year old was a genius speaking full sentences, etc- that is not the norm.

I really want to know if Mom knows.

When my dad collapsed and wasn't breathing I was a mess and said my dad fell and isn't breathing. I was crying so much but the 911 operated had me doing things to try cpr. Point is I didn't tell her I just woke up and saw him collapsed in the hallway. I just said my main point right away in a huge panic. Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I forget sometimes that I see this from my perspective - working in a hospital for 8 years. The people I saw usually drove themselves in or came in with a relative. I worked in front (with walk-ins, not in the back by the ambulance bays). And then the 2 i experienced outside of work - one of which we had to convince my friend at 33 yrs old that he was not fine and we were calling an ambulance.
I can see I should have been more specific. Many people who call 911 with symptoms of a heart attack aren't sure what's happening and their mind is racing. They end up telling a lot of irrelevant info trying to figure out in their mind what's actually happening.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I forget sometimes that I see this from my perspective - working in a hospital for 8 years. The people I saw usually drove themselves in or came in with a relative. I worked in front (with walk-ins, not in the back by the ambulance bays). And then the 2 i experienced outside of work - one of which we had to convince my friend at 33 yrs old that he was not fine and we were calling an ambulance.
I can see I should have been more specific. Many people who call 911 with symptoms of a heart attack aren't sure what's happening and their mind is racing. They end up telling a lot of irrelevant info trying to figure out in their mind what's actually happening.

Yes, I totally see what you are saying--in terms of someone calling in with physical symptoms, being confused etc...makes sense they would say lots of extra stuff. And they are not clear why they are calling or if they even need an ambulance.

But if you go into the nursery and see the newborn's mattress is empty---she is GONE and the only other adult has no idea where she is either---there is really only one huge important fact to convey---MY BABY IS MISSING!

When my dad collapsed and wasn't breathing I was a mess and said my dad fell and isn't breathing. I was crying so much but the 911 operated had me doing things to try cpr. Point is I didn't tell her I just woke up and saw him collapsed in the hallway. I just said my main point right away in a huge panic. Jmo.

BBM

Totally understand. I hope your Dad is okay. I am pretty good in an emergency but my parents are getting older (80s). My father called me to the house as my mother had fallen and passed out. He couldn't get her up. I got up there and she did not look well at all. She was alert, but too weak to walk (this happened within a matter of 24-36 hours...she didn't tell anyone she felt sick), other sever stomach issues. I told my father that we needed to call 911. My mother didn't want us to, but we voted her down. Long story short, if we'd waited a couple more hours she'd have died. I was so stressed over my mother, when I called 911, that I am pretty sure I forgot to give them my parent's names and address at first. I just told them who I was, and that my mother was very sick, and we needed someone out here asap. The operator calmly asked me for all the pertinent information after that, and I responded, or asked my father (if it was personal, about Mom). I'm normally very good with things like that but seeing my mother looking like she was made of wax, shocked me. She was totally fine the day before, and looked great, then went into the ICU ward that afternoon. At any rate, when I called, my focus was totally on Mom, and getting help.

Charges expected to be filed against McNabb Wednesday [tomorrow] morning.

According to Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Jeff Alexander, McNabb was expected be charged in the death Wednesday morning.

“At this point, we’re in conference with the District Attorney’s Office,” Alexander said late Tuesday, “to come up with the probable charges. There will be charges coming probably first thing in the morning.”

http://www.rockdalenewtoncitizen.co...cle_d3d37aaa-6511-5b17-82cd-b52b69d5a3b4.html

Yes, I totally see what you are saying--in terms of someone calling in with physical symptoms, being confused etc...makes sense they would say lots of extra stuff. And they are not clear why they are calling or if they even need an ambulance.

But if you go into the nursery and see the newborn's mattress is empty---she is GONE and the only other adult has no idea where she is either---there is really only one huge important fact to convey---MY BABY IS MISSING!

Absolutely, infants can't just crawl off, nor can they respond to their name randomly called out while you're on 911. Just an odd call. Another thing that caused me pause, was the bag of drug paraphernalia near the baby. If someone who was clean had injured a baby, it would be easy to set up someone in the home, who wasn't clean. That drug paraphernalia almost seemed like a plant to me. Just color me skeptical.

anywhere ... kitchen, bathroom, garage, deck
not that I think that's what happened ... but it's possible

I could be wrong but if she’d fallen and that was COD I believe it would be “blunt trauma” but in this case, it’s blunt “force” trauma which would indicate she was physically attacked... just my thinking.

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean your post. I was a mess. I even yelled at the operator (ashamed to say this) I was in shear panic. I just didn't go into details on how the morning started. I did once police and ems came to my home. I'm sorry :(
Sadly my father died that day and I think I knew in my heart he was gone already.

I know you’re not defending or whatever but I wanted to vent a little lol...
Even if it was the 2yr old, who just puts their baby out in the woods and in a duffel bag?? Ugh... even if it were a case of SIDS it doesn’t justify the awful way the baby was found. This story makes me sick all the way around.

If he really did say that then he's known what happened this entire time...

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean your post. I was a mess. I even yelled at the operator (ashamed to say this) I was in shear panic. I just didn't go into details on how the morning started. I did once police and ems came to my home. I'm sorry :(
Sadly my father died that day and I think I knew in my heart he was gone already.

So sorry for you dyannaON. Losing a loved parent has got to be so very hard. I have aging parents and I fear the day I have to make a call like you did. I hope you have wonderful memories to call upon. Hugs.

For me it's about the priority of what she told the 911 dispatcher. Here's a transcript of her first words:

"I just woke up, my daughter woke me up on the couch. Um, I have a two-year-old and I have uh a two-week-old and my, my two-week-old is not in her sleeper."

The order of her emergency:

1. She just woke up.
2. Her daughter woke her up.
3. On the couch
4. She has a two-year-old
5. She has a two-week-old
6. The two-week-old is not in her sleeper.

To me, telling 911 that my newborn baby is missing would be the first and most important information to tell.

As an example, If I cut off my leg with a chainsaw while trimming a tree my first words to 911 would be something like "Help! I cut my leg off, it's bleeding badly!" instead of "I woke up this morning and decided to trim an overgrown tree in my yard with my chainsaw. While I was trimming I slipped and cut off my leg. It's bleeding badly."

I can only speak for myself but I think others here may have similar thoughts. Note: I'm not saying Caliyah's mom did anything, I'm questioning why she felt the need to explain so much before actually stating her emergency - that her baby is missing.

You just reminded me of Darlie Routier who murdered her 2 young sons in Texas and she now sits on death row professing her innocence..... She did the same with her initial 911 call.

my saying it was hood speak was saying that it may have not been used meaning to be negative.

The mom saying "dealing with" didn't even catch my attention until seeing it pointed out and quite negatively.

It may be considered hood speak now, but I remember my grandmother using "dealing with" all of the time, for pretty much everything 40 years ago. My mom and aunts picked it up from her. I just had a conversation with my son who is 23 and he remembers my mom and even me using it. I can assure you there was never any hint of anything negative in the usage. We were among some of the most over protective mothers out there.

We were so bad that my son claims my mom had "nananoia" and I still have "mommanoia". Even now he knows to call not text because anybody could send the text at least once every 24 hours, to keep my mommanoia in check.

Funny part my grandmother was a home ec teacher. Worst part my mom was an English teacher.

While it's possible it could be a hood/drug thing, it could very well have been picked up from family speak.

What's sending me all over the walls with this case is the extra few hours of sleep they managed to get, after having dealt with her all night, feeding and putting her back to bed and with a toddler in the house.

The only way the toddler slept in late was if she too was up late (all night). Otherwise she would have been on the couch, crawling around, pulling at hands/arms, bouncing, or my darling's favorite way to wake momma up pushing eyelids back with tiny hands.

In all the 911 calls on Dateline etc...the callers who start with a back story always end up being guilty it seems. True frantic callers scream about what the emergency is...not about when they got home, etc...jmo

I know we can’t post links or give details but after hearing from those who searched and who were there when she was found, I have a strong suspicion this was intentional and there may be items that link one or both of the parents to the crime. There has been a lot of comments left on the news media posts. It makes me sick.
I agree, and sadly I also believe it will come out that there was more done to her than blunt force trauma alone.

I have had the unfortunate opportunity to call 911 when I found my daughter (15 months old at the time) unresponsive and grey in her crib. I could barely put a sentence together. I was panicked and my heart was racing. The 911 operator had to talk me through giving information because I was sobbing “grey, not breathing, limp” over and over. I was incredibly frightened and overwhelmed. My daughter is thankfully fine (she is a thriving teenager now), but it was the scariest few moments of my life. I can’t imagine finding my brand new baby missing and not feeling that same type of panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod