Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He decides to punish her by making her go outside at 3am and stand by a tree. Not a tree by the house, but a tree that was behind a fence, about 100 feet south of the family's home and across an alley. Did he take her that far from the house and tell her to stand there or are we to believe he pointed out the tree, in the dark, and told her to walk over there by herself? And no one heard a child crying? No one heard a man's voice when he was telling her where to go? The neighbors have stated they heard nothing. Then he doesn't call the police until 5 hrs later to report her missing. That's quite a story. But here's my question: If he did something to her (and it's hard for me to fathom that he didn't) why not call the police at 8am and say he just got up, the door was ajar and she was gone---must have wandered out of the house while they were sleeping. Why this bizarre story?

Bingo.

He decides to punish her by making her go outside at 3am and stand by a tree. Not a tree by the house, but a tree that was behind a fence, about 100 feet south of the family's home and across an alley. Did he take her that far from the house and tell her to stand there or are we to believe he pointed out the tree, in the dark, and told her to walk over there by herself? And no one heard a child crying? No one heard a man's voice when he was telling her where to go? The neighbors have stated they heard nothing. Then he doesn't call the police until 5 hrs later to report her missing. That's quite a story. But here's my question: If he did something to her (and it's hard for me to fathom that he didn't) why not call the police at 8am and say he just got up, the door was ajar and she was gone---must have wandered out of the house while they were sleeping. Why this bizarre story?

Because he was arrogant enough to believe his *advertiser censored* and bull story wouldn't be questioned? For every lie, there is an element of truth mixed in.

I kind of wonder if bits and pieces came out during interrogation. Like LE kept breaking him little by little and he gave up a few details with some truth to them. Then he had to make up a story to string those details together in a way that didn't involve murder.

I'm starting to think Sherin's location won't be revealed until either LE finds her during a search, volunteers find her during a search or her dad tells them a location.

Right now he's charged with child endangerment - a serious crime to be sure but not as serious as murder. So there's no motivation on his part to talk to LE if he indeed did do something to Sherin. And I'm sure his attorney is aware of the same and is much more savvy than me regarding how to proceed.

IMO unless LE ups the charges to murder there's no incentive on Sherin's dad part to talk to LE anymore. I can only hope last night's search by the FBI will yield evidence convincing enough to implicate him. Then the bargaining will begin. IMO.

another member earlier suggested that perhaps some form of evidence (physical/witness/something) will tie him to to the 3am timeline and/or tree-punishment for milk narrative. I found that an interesting possible explanation.

4 year old's can be pretty verbal. And at that age you never really know what they are noticing. That old saying - little pitchers, big ears? I wonder how verbal Sherin's sibling is and also if both girls shared a room or each had their own. Just thoughts bouncing around.

I kind of wonder if bits and pieces came out during interrogation. Like LE kept breaking him little by little and he gave up a few details with some truth to them. Then he had to make up a story to string those details together in a way that didn't involve murder.

My other thought was----by the looks of that snazzy house, it must have bolts and locks comparable to Fort Knox and there's no way a 3 yr old would be able to open them and get out on her own. Plus, it probably has a security system. One would also think people in that neighborhood have surveillance cameras .

Because he was arrogant enough to believe his *advertiser censored* and bull story wouldn't be questioned? For every lie, there is an element of truth mixed in.

Exactly!

Either way, he's responsible for what happened to her. Whether he directly did something to her or whether he put her outside in the middle of the night and something else happened to her, whatever happened to her is his fault. I don't think there's much of a chance after this amount of time, there's going to be a good outcome for this little girl.

If a person confessed to harming or killing their child to their attorney, is that attorney obligated to call CPS or LE asa mandated reporter?

I found this article online https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/lawyers-lawfirms/attorney-client-privilege.html
Past and Future Misbehavior

Discussions of previous acts are generally subject to the attorney-client privilege. If, for example, if a client tells his lawyer that he robbed a bank, killed someone, or lied about assets during a divorce, the lawyer probably can’t disclose the information.
But if a client initiates a communication with a lawyer for the purpose of committing a crime or an act of fraud in the future, the attorney-client privilege doesn’t apply. Likewise, most states allow—or require—attorneys to disclose information learned from a client that will prevent death or serious injury.

wow this thread flew today. Prepping a new one for you. be prepared to move to it. back with a link in a few minutes.

How do we know she wasn't trafficked? Why are they not questioning when she was absolutely last seen. How do we even know his timeframe is correct?

“The couple’s other 4-year-old daughter is in the custody of a family friend. Child Protectives Services said it has dealt with the family before but would not elaborate.”
The other child is with a family friend? How is that protective custody? This whole thing stinks.
This is the norm and actually majority of the time, in the child's best interest to go with someone they know. It is likely an emergency safety plan that was implemented while they investigate. In most states, CPS has 30-60 days for an investigation and can request extensions by the court on a case by case basis. During the investigation, the child is placed with a safe family friend or relative when available. Last resort is an emergency foster placement or shelter.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members