MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI and an important point: motive never has to be proved in any criminal case. If it's known it's certainly nice to have, but it's not a burden held by the state. The judge will say this in pattern jury instructions and the jury will be reminded of this.

Yes, I'm aware motive doesn't have to be proven, but without a little bit of an indication, my mind would be left more open to the possibility that somebody else was involved, who did have a strong motive. The crime has to make some sort of sense, especially if it appears that two people seem to have been friends/acquaintances prior to it.

Was Jessica saying "DRINK" and not "ERIC or DEREK?" Sorry about the caps but IMO I feel strongly this is what she said. Does anyone else seem to think "drink" fits? Anyone know how to contact Dist. Att. Champion to make such a suggestion? Are closing argument today (Sunday)??

IMO there is no "Eric or Derek" who did this horrific act to Jessica. QT did this evil and deliberate act to Jessica and the circumstantial evidence brought forth by the prosecution has proven it. What they haven't been able to answer yet though is why did Jessica name an Eric or Derek? DOES the prosecution have an "ah ha" moment they are holding back on to explain away Jessica's response? I have racked my brains tonight and have come to the conclusion I believe Jessica was saying "drink" to her responders and it came out sounding like "Eric or Derek."

The fact Jessica asked for water from Cole, her first contact, and complained of being thirsty and cold to him, and then subsequent other attendees makes me believe she actually said "drink." For obvious reasons her request for a drink was denied and therefore it makes sense to me that she would continue to repeat her request, feeling the desperate need for a drink of water, with the hope in her mind, it would end her intense pain and suffering. Jessica was suffering badly and there would be no greater focus on her mind at that time then putting and end to it. Her focus would not be on naming names other than her own which was ingrained into mind and would pretty much just be a normal response without having to think too deeply for an answer considering the state she was in initially.

I'm sure many who were in attendance that horrific night shared and relayed and (influenced but not intentionally) information among themselves while treating and transferring Jessica. Why did more than one attendant hear Eric or Derek?! Example: first guy heard what he "thought" Jessica say was Eric, when in reality she said "drink." The next guy asked her with the first guy in attendance and he may have intercepted with the name Eric because the second guy couldn't decipher what she said. But the second guy picked up on the "D" sound at the beginning of Jessica's response and said it must be "Derek." And so it continued where Jessica's answer could have been intercepted by the previous person, answering for her or when the person couldn't make out what she said, the previous person responded or tried to clarify what she said by repeating what others assumed she had said... "Eric or Derek."

ALL MOO.

Screen grabs where JC car was parked front door and cell phone found View attachment 124681 Burnt big tree would be per testimony approximately 3 feet next to the passenger side door.

opposite side of driveway where JC was seen coming out of woods per Seth Cook testimony. He testified "he was in passenger side of brush truck- saw a silhouette coming out of woods 30-40 ft from them. Backed up truck turned headlights toward silhouette - then Cole drove up" this per the above field trip video is area where silhouette JC came from View attachment 124683
From road looking to where car was at. * car came off road turning right into drive way the made left into grass and up into little wood line - front of car pointed into wooded area passenger side to fence
View attachment 124684

Area with crime scene still up Dec 2014 I marked per testimony from Dixon & Thompson
DailyMailcrime scend Dailymail pix.jpg
Exhibit from trialcrime scene cell phone fm trial.jpg
area where Thompson said JC came from direction JC came out of.JPG

Area with crime scene still up Dec 2014 I marked per testimony from Dixon & Thompson
DailyMailView attachment 124739
Exhibit from trialView attachment 124740
area where Thompson said JC came from View attachment 124741

Dixon testified on 2nd day of trial "that burnt clothing was found to the rear of the vehicle approx 2-3 feet. Some in a little creek with water running through it - some in water and some in grass are - area of the gate"
DailyMail Dailymail gate.JPG
"#6 was bra in sack inside can. DA stated that #7,8,9,10 were crime scene photos of those clothing but that they were not being entered in this trial." Dixon agreed.

Dixon testified on 2nd day of trial "that burnt clothing was found to the rear of the vehicle approx 2-3 feet. Some in a little creek with water running through it - some in water and some in grass are - area of the gate"
DailyMail View attachment 124742
"#6 was bra in sack inside can. DA stated that #7,8,9,10 were crime scene photos of those clothing but that they were not being entered in this trial." Dixon agreed.

Random thoughts
Why didn't the cell phone melt with that intense heat so close to it? Or water damage. Per Dixon "#2 found by tree near driver door about 2/1/2 feet away and the back of phone #3 "maybe another foot from phone"

I had a random thought that maybe the cell phone back being off if someone called could have sparked? or static spark http://mde.maryland.gov/programs/LAND/OilControl/Documents/Dos and Donts at the Gas Pump 7 pgs.pdf

What gear was the car in? (something mentioned I read something to look at)
The whole crime scene of the car was contaminated (trying to put the fire out and walking up to make sure no one else inside)
Water from drowning out the fire washed away any potential prints JC also
Any potential other tire tracks from another vehicle also messed up.

DA theory is potentially had sex due to her clothing she had on. But 1) there was clothing found outside the car per Dixon "2-3 feet away in both a little creek of water by gate and grass area" JMHO she possible got out of them asap. 2) panties appeared to be in appropriate way, even considering all she been through. They found her bra cant remember her back if burned or not. Not known to me where the bra fastened front/back. If she came in only panties, the clothing JMHO would still been in car burned up or thrown away somewhere else - not scattered 2-3 feet and in water and on grass are.

This is an interesting article and has video of what happens and how long for car to become fully engulfed.
This care in the demo. Note the horn starts blaring. And the car the use is not fully burned up as JC was. JC car was on fire for a while before the gentlemen in veh came up and called 911 at 8:09 p.m. Fire was shooting up into trees. It continued to burn until FD arrived at 8:13 iirc

*Smolders 5 min, 6 min glass starts busting/melting, 8 min from smoldering until fully engulfed.
Here the ignition source for the fire has just been lit. The car smolders for a few minutes before flames can be seen.
Within a matter of moments, flames appear on the interior of the car.
In approximately 8 minutes, this car went from smoldering to being fully engulfed.

It’s easy for fire scenes to become contaminated, whether it’s the fire company responding or the wrecker who takes the vehicle to a storage facility, there will be other footprints and tire tracks. Sometimes the wreckers will throw any trash and debris on site into the vehicle, contaminating the interior. Fire evidence is very fragile and easily contaminated. If possible, request that they put anything found on the flatbed next to the car instead of inside it.

Most arsonists assume that everything will go up in flames in the vehicle. In reality, there are often layers of evidence left after a fire. A trained investigator knows where to look and what to look for inside a vehicle.

Weather and time can destroy some of the evidence, but it is still possible to identify burn patterns. Whether or not a vehicle was sitting on a level surface will impact the burn patterns. Look at the windows and door trim to see which way the fire traveled. Is one side of the car severely burned and the other relatively untouched? Did one side of the interior burn more than the other? Are the windshield and dashboard area burned? Were the windows up or down? http://www.propertycasualty360.com/...-when-you-set-a-ca?slreturn=1508049892&page=3

If you listen to Cole's testimony, starting around the nine minute mark of this video, he states he was not able to get a name out of Jessica but heard someone mention the name Eric. He mentions that there were at least three others to arrive and were surrounding Jessica trying to get the answer as to who did this to her. From there all it would take is for others to get wind on a potential name before other reponders assumed she said Eric or Derek passing that on down the line.
DRINK
DEREK
ERIC

MOO.

[video=youtube;1oqbuvMOnnA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oqbuvMOnnA[/video]

Random thoughts
Why didn't the cell phone melt with that intense heat so close to it? Or water damage. Per Dixon "#2 found by tree near driver door about 2/1/2 feet away and the back of phone #3 "maybe another foot from phone"

I had a random thought that maybe the cell phone back being off if someone called could have sparked? or static spark http://mde.maryland.gov/programs/LAND/OilControl/Documents/Dos and Donts at the Gas Pump 7 pgs.pdf

What gear was the car in? (something mentioned I read something to look at)
The whole crime scene of the car was contaminated (trying to put the fire out and walking up to make sure no one else inside)
Water from drowning out the fire washed away any potential prints JC also
Any potential other tire tracks from another vehicle also messed up.

DA theory is potentially had sex due to her clothing she had on. But 1) there was clothing found outside the car per Dixon "2-3 feet away in both a little creek of water by gate and grass area" JMHO she possible got out of them asap. 2) panties appeared to be in appropriate way, even considering all she been through. They found her bra cant remember her back if burned or not. Not known to me where the bra fastened front/back. If she came in only panties, the clothing JMHO would still been in car burned up or thrown away somewhere else - not scattered 2-3 feet and in water and on grass are.

I am not sure what point you are making here.

JC car was damaged getting it out of between those trees. They then drug in down the incline. From NY Daily News

* I made note of where the edge of the drivers seat was as I have been curious JC car NY Daily News.JPG
JC car on tow truck NY Daily News.JPG

It was winter time so it also possible if someone other than QT put the keys in the alleged place Mr. King said he found them.

I am not sure what point you are making here.

I just have thoughts about the crime scene and I thinking she may have taken her clothing if on fire. Only thing that makes sense to me.
ETA: and on the phone, I am assuming they got the contacts from her sims card. The subscriber would not have that. That much water being sprayed I would thing the phone would be ruined. Maybe they can still extract even if so.

Sandra Haley (unsure of spelling wife of Thomas) testified that "has hard time hearing" "had to lean low" heard JC say "Jessica the 2nd time B Davis asked her" and "someone from the crowd yelled "JESSICA CHAMBERS" and they asked her "Jessica Chambers" and she "shook her head yes"

So who was it that yelled Jessica Chambers that soon. I realize it is a small town. But some of the first responders knew JC but did not recognize her. And much chaos stated by all. And car was on fire. Maybe it has been answered and I missed.

I am convinced,by cell phone data testimony that QT was involved and was probably solely responsible for this horror. But, I am really bothered by the "Eric" testimony. Power of suggestion is real, but in reflection, any and all of those who testified, could have changed their initial statements to reflect afterthought that they may have been influenced by Cole Haleys insistence that she said "eric" and that she spoke in sentences. The "sentences" were highly unlikely. If CH was lying and everyone followed suit, or just believed him and did not think for themselves to confirm, a horrible injustice was perpetrated on investigators, community, her family, the media, and quite possibly a girl (now murdered and very dead) in Louisiana. I have no sympathy for CH. JMO

I am convinced,by cell phone data testimony that QT was involved and was probably solely responsible for this horror. But, I am really bothered by the "Eric" testimony. Power of suggestion is real, but in reflection, any and all of those who testified, could have changed their initial statements to reflect afterthought that they may have been influenced by Cole Haleys insistence that she said "eric" and that she spoke in sentences. The "sentences" were highly unlikely. If CH was lying and everyone followed suit, or just believed him and did not think for themselves to confirm, a horrible injustice was perpetrated on investigators, community, her family, the media, and quite possibly a girl (now murdered and very dead) in Louisiana. I have no sympathy for CH. JMO

I have no doubt this guy is a bad dude.
Det? Chuck Tucker, who had known JC since a baby testified "pulling up as ambulance was pulling away" "he went to the landing zone" testified that "her voice was low, said 'Eric" "asked if she knows who it was?" she replied "yes" got out of ambulance sheriff had called " he asked her if black or white" she answered "black" only other word was "cold" On cross he testified he was at the landing for about 2 min.

I agree Cady, they all wrote their reports and testimony reflecting to same. Injustice and waste completely. I am just shocked at the testimony from LEO.

Speculation is interesting and sometimes lots of fun. But, particularly in an official capacity, FACTS MATTER, and ACCURACY is CRITICAL. JMO

Cole Haley did not say he heard Eric.

Haley: "I came back & held her hand & asked, 'What happened?' She said, 'I was set on fire.'" Says her voice was not clear
Haley tells state he never heard a name from #JessicaChambers. Says he didn't ask her more questions because it was hard for her to talk.

Sandra Haley (unsure of spelling wife of Thomas) testified that "has hard time hearing" "had to lean low" heard JC say "Jessica the 2nd time B Davis asked her" and "someone from the crowd yelled "JESSICA CHAMBERS" and they asked her "Jessica Chambers" and she "shook her head yes"

So who was it that yelled Jessica Chambers that soon. I realize it is a small town. But some of the first responders knew JC but did not recognize her. And much chaos stated by all. And car was on fire. Maybe it has been answered and I missed.

Do you mean nodded her head yes? You shake your head, no;

Cole Haley did not say he heard Eric.

Haley: "I came back & held her hand & asked, 'What happened?' She said, 'I was set on fire.'" Says her voice was not clear
Haley tells state he never heard a name from #JessicaChambers. Says he didn't ask her more questions because it was hard for her to talk.

Perhaps review his statements from 2014 on. JMO

He stated that JC said "Eric set me on fire". JMO (I heard him say it, but it was also recorded and reported) He read aloud the written statement that he wrote after the incident in Dec 2014. That written statement was what sent investigators down the ERIC rabbit hole......and he must have told 1st responders that is what she said at the time, because most of them believed him.

Good thoughts there swedie on the drink vs. Eric or Derek!!

Oops - just remembered I have to watch my NINERS play football tonight at 8pm. :cheer:

So - I'll just catch up later, as I know you all will have nice detailed posts on what will be going on today!

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members