MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge even TOLD them "all 12 must agree with the verdict." yet still they didn't get it. I actually think they're not listening, assuming they ever were.

I wonder if they think their only choice is all agree on guilty or all agree on not guilty . Do they know they can say they are deadlocked ?

Wonder if they all agreed in the Jury Room then changed. This is nuts.

When they came back so quickly, I thought

O, it was only one jurist, but I was wrong again.

No, I don't think they ever were all in agreement

Its already a mistrial with names and votes announced. JMO

There's not ONE person on that jury who understands the word unanimous, nor that all 12 have to agree?

Where do these people come from???

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
No TTF14, it was asked for the Jury to be polled (very common ) But the paperwork said NG. When they were being polled the Judge called out ea jurors last name. I personally have NEVER heard that done. Where the Judge identified the jurors. WOW Just WOW. Now they will have a target on their head one way or another. I would be so upset. Not only because of the names but it identified the incompetence JMHO

Ive always seen individual polling but not by name here in Mississippi. Verifies the form, as was obviously important here.

I have seen polling many times. Even polled when I was on a jury before. But by number not name. And my case was not high profile /live streamed.

[video=twitter;920007897571979267]https://twitter.com/LawNewzNetwork/status/920007897571979267[/video]

I think they're just unfamiliar with the way trials work and didn't ask questions about things they didn't fully understand.

I'm guessing here, but I think they probably understood they had to be unanimous to find QT GUILTY. But when they were not unanimous they decided "erroneously" that it means it's a "not guilty" verdict by default. I honestly refuse believe not a single person in that jury room knows what unanimous means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI live on YouTube on LawNewz [video=youtube;FjrCPE04u_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjrCPE04u_A[/video]

No TTF14, it was asked for the Jury to be polled (very common ) But the paperwork said NG. When they were being polled the Judge called out ea jurors last name. I personally have NEVER heard that done. Where the Judge identified the jurors. WOW Just WOW. Now they will have a target on their head one way or another. I would be so upset. Not only because of the names but it identified the incompetence JMHO

Yes, I saw it while it was happening. That's what I meant, just didn't type it all out :).

There's not ONE person on that jury who understands the word unanimous, nor that all 12 have to agree?

Where do these people come from???

Okay. Even if they've never been involved in a trial, with no knowledge of a courtroom, does not one of them watch TV? How could not ONE person on this jury not know that they all have to agree on a verdict? Even if they've never heard the word "unanimous". I'm flabbergasted.

I'm guessing here, but I think they probably understood they had to be unanimous to find QT GUILTY. But when they were not unanimous they decided "erroneously" that it means it's a "not guilty" verdict by default. I honestly refuse believe not a single person in that jury room knows what unanimous means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possible. I was just telling two teenagers about this and neither knew what a jury was, or what unanimous means, FYI.

I've never seen anything LIKE THIS one!!

Embarrassed for the state of Mississippi. I promise we are not all so....”uninformed”!

Embarrassed for the state of Mississippi. I promise we are not all so....”uninformed”!

Clearly not! Plenty of intelligent people. The lawyers at the prosecution table and defense table are quite smart, just for starters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288