MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my earlier posts I posted video of JC at gas pump with no rear end damage to her vehicle and then her car after burning with rear end damage. Very good possibility she was attempting to say car wreck. Or she thought she was in a car wreck in her confusion JMHO Either way not eric.

Except that the name was not used in isolation. She used the name in a whole sentence.

One of the first firefighters on the scene, Daniel Cole, said Chambers had soot around her nose and mouth. Cole said he asked her, "Who did this?"

Cole said he heard her say, "Eric set me on fire."

I thought she may have been asking for a drink since she was expressing what she needed but then there is that whole sentence where she specifies who did this to her.

One testified she said, "Thirsty" and "Cold."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jessic...med-killer-before-dying-firefighters-testify/

UGH!
I feel so bad for JC family and friends.
A jury of his *peers* eh, I thought kindergartners were too young to serve on a jury.

Jurors today are somewhat lazy and expect a neat little case wrapped in a pretty bow.... They want the dots connected for them. If ever there was a case where the dots were connected it was this one, imo. The team did an outstanding job putting the timeline together, it was tight and left no doubt for me... I'm sorry they didn't get a guilty verdict today...

All jmo.

I just watched Ashleigh Banfield's HLN show. Banfield said "This case was a stinker. She said "Eric" not "Quentin." Banfield also said "Quentin Tellis had an alibi."

An alibi? When did the defense give evidence of an alibi for Tellis? They didn't call any witnesses.

Who is going to get the Exclusive with any of the Jurors? :thinking:

In my earlier posts I posted video of JC at gas pump with no rear end damage to her vehicle and then her car after burning with rear end damage. Very good possibility she was attempting to say car wreck. Or she thought she was in a car wreck in her confusion JMHO Either way not eric.

IIRC it was determined with some consensus in the earliest threads that the trunk damage was most likely from the fire department or the tow company prying it open as a pry bar was photographed laying on the top of the trunk.

23EB7E2F00000578-2867478-image-a-31_1418157745988.jpg

ETA: "Champion said visible damage to the trunk that can be seen in photos of the burned vehicle was caused by investigators accessing the trunk. The key mechanism was so badly burned that it took force to get into the trunk, he said."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/17/burned-teen-whereabouts-last-day/23568509/

Thomas Womble, a prominent Mississippi attorney, told Fox News that he was predicting a hung jury, meaning a unanimous decision could not be reached.

"You got two very strong schools of thought out there," said Womble.

"Obviously this is a very emotional, heinous crime and everyone wants a conviction for someone. But on the flip side, this is an extremely difficult case based on the evidence that was out there," he said.

"If I’m preparing for trial, the first question you’ve got to ask is, 'Who's Eric?' That question never got answered," he said. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/16/jessica-chambers-murder-trial-jury-deliberations-under-way.html

The jury may may have misunderstood the evidence, maybe not. They are supposed to be a jury of your peers so...
But the worst thing to me was the judge looking at the jury form, then polling the jury using names all the while, he has the jury form. He should have immediately sent them back to the jury room and explained why the form was marked incorrectly. IF the jury was convinced they could not reach a unanimous verdict, he should have declared a mistrial. It is going to be hard to have that many with a not-guilty vote to swing to guilty. He polled them and that is dangerous to not allowed the standard cooling down period. I am still looking if they were given another jury instruction when they went back to deliberating. I hope not. This is a huge mess in my opinion. There are so many errors at this point, he deserves a new trial I think. Everyone should have a fair trial and this may not be. I'm not saying he's guilty, it is not my place, I wasn't there to hear all of the case, but fair trial is what our legal system is based on. Very tough position today.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

i was astonished by the judge's handling of this situation...clearly they did not understand unanimous. I don't understand the judge's actions at all.

I just watched Ashleigh Banfield's HLN show. Banfield said "This case was a stinker. She said "Eric" not "Quentin." Banfield also said "Quentin Tellis had an alibi."

An alibi? When did the defense give evidence of an alibi for Tellis? They didn't call any witnesses.

Ashleigh Banfield is a very biased, ultra politicized reporter. In my opinion, she often has her own agenda, which comes through in her description of the cases.

If not that, at least a short video explaining the words used within the trial process. Remember the jury is supposed to be of the defendants "peers" and given that fact may not have the best education. No shade intended, but if the education isn't in place to understand the terms, how can the jury possibly understand the instructions and evidence presented ?
"Not innocent" was a response ?

honestly i now wonder how much of the evidence they could even follow...and thankfully one opened his mouth and said I did not agree...as I listen to the instructions (which were pretty simple) there are no doubt other words they did not understand...a complete catastophe...frankly whether or not she said Eric seems to be the least of the problems in this case.

IIRC it was determined with some consensus in the earliest threads that the trunk damage was most likely from the fire department or the tow company prying it open as a pry bar was photographed laying on the top of the trunk.

23EB7E2F00000578-2867478-image-a-31_1418157745988.jpg

From that night the muffler appears to be off? or hanging. JC car on tow truck NY Daily News.JPG
EDIT I incorrectly stated gas tank when it clearly is the muffler. And probably came off appears to be drag marks on the incline. I would guess the drag to get car onto the tow trailer?

Attachments

• JC car on tow truck NY Daily News.JPG
    JC car on tow truck NY Daily News.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 36

I wonder what alibi she was referring to.
I thought every alibi he gave during the investigation was shown to be false.
JMO

Thomas Womble, a prominent Mississippi attorney, told Fox News that he was predicting a hung jury, meaning a unanimous decision could not be reached.

"You got two very strong schools of thought out there," said Womble.

"Obviously this is a very emotional, heinous crime and everyone wants a conviction for someone. But on the flip side, this is an extremely difficult case based on the evidence that was out there," he said.

"If I’m preparing for trial, the first question you’ve got to ask is, 'Who's Eric?' That question never got answered," he said. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/16/jessica-chambers-murder-trial-jury-deliberations-under-way.html

i think he hit it....never ever answered who is Eric.

Who is going to get the Exclusive with any of the Jurors? :thinking:

The first person that offers them $10. Of course, they will probably need to explain to them, several times, that an "exclusive" means they don't repeat their story to everyone else that offers them another $10.

All those 'Eric' statements, state will need to find a way to get passed that IMO if they do another trial. Moving those dots, I think it was the cellphone tower data, because it matched up... not sure about that.

I could have voted guilty on this one though.

Find out his street name

I wonder what alibi she was referring to.
I thought every alibi he gave during the investigation was shown to be false.
JMO

She clearly just didn't follow the trial. All of the folks outside the courthouse yelling for justice for QT probably also think he has an alibi because they didn't follow the trial to learn the facts and timeline..

Maybe JC had been so indoctrinated into the "never snitch" culture that she just threw a random name out there? Maybe even in death, she wouldn't want to be remembered as a snitch?
Maybe she didn't want to snitch QT's name because in her state of shock, JC didn't realize she was at death's door?

Snitches get stitches......

Jurors today are somewhat lazy and expect a neat little case wrapped in a pretty bow.... They want the dots connected for them. If ever there was a case where the dots were connected it was this one, imo. The team did an outstanding job putting the timeline together, it was tight and left no doubt for me... I'm sorry they didn't get a guilty verdict today...

All jmo.

Yes. The CSI Effect:

"The CSI Effect has purportedly led to jurors’ unreasonable demands for definite physical evidence at trial. The vice president of the National District Attorney Association said, “Jurors now expect us to have a DNA test for just about every case. They expect us to have the most advanced technology possible, and they expect it to look like it does on television.” See Houck, supra. The CSI Effect has perhaps rewritten the standard burden of proof in the criminal context from “beyond a reasonable doubt” to “beyond any doubt.” In other words, it is completely dependent on seemingly error-proof forensic, scientific, technological evidence. "
https://apps.americanbar.org/litiga.../winterspring2012-0512-csi-effect-jurors.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77