Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quickly googled the Childrens Medical Center Dallas and laptops and what stuck out to me was the fact they mentioned a stolen laptop. A laptop with their name on it was in the evidence collected as was a blackberry phone. It confirmed my thoughts from upthread that a laptop from there shouldn't be out of the building.

This road is so bumpy and twisty. It's like an upside down rollercoaster and it just keeps getting worse!

I really hope that baby Sherin hasn't gone missing because of something else entirely, like money or threats to the family etc. It's bad enough she is gone and I know that these cases are rarely ever clear cut and dry, but this one just keeps putting out more breadcrumbs in different directions!

Blackberry?

The wall hanging fork and spoon were indeed quite popular in the late 60’s and early 70’s. They were a staple of ceramic classes everywhere and most new ceramicists gave everyone on their Christmas list a pair. They were quite imposing and down right scary to young children, except my younger brother who was always trying to find a way to use them with dinner. Suprisingly enough they were very light weight. They looked as though they would be heavy but event the wooden ones were of a very light weight wood similar to balsa. They older ones would been more of a scare factor that injury causing. I know because my brother knocker them off onto my head oftem LOL

I think it seems very odd to have a Hospital laptop in someone's home too. When we were in an ER recently, all of the nurses had small laptops with them and they typed notes into the laptop while talking to my husband. The later, the doctor came with her laptop, and she looked up everything that had happened with us in the past hour. And she typed up her diagnosis and instructions. And then the insurance guy came by with his laptop, and printed up a receipt etc.

I would be very upset if our medical history, which the doctor had access to when she was treating my husband, was on that lady top and it was in some nurses home, away from the hospital. Something is off, imo.
However a lot of medical facilities sell old laptops to employees or auction them when no longer needed. They did at a hospital I used to work at. The label is left on there, the purchaser can remove it themselves.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

As someone else mentioned, this may not be at all off. None of my children were out of diapers at night by Sherin's age, and both of my boys weren't even out of them during the day yet.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thanks, I think it surprised me because its still a changing table and most people I know including myself, stop using changing tables once the child becomes a squirmer as the floor and wrangling is just easier. I guess I sort of expected that the Amber Alert may have said she was last seen wearing what she was and a diaper, because a lot of people think a child that age is trained and the bulk of a diaper changes appearance on a lot of kids. Also, if she had been abducted as we were supposed to be looking for via the Amber Alert, it would be good to know that someone may have her in a public washroom changing her, or buying diapers at a weird time or location. I know the Amber Alert is long gone, but yeah it's a detail that I am thinking could help in future cases!

If the father did something to this child, why make up the story about sending her outside to stand by a tree at 3 am? Surely, he understands how this makes him look.

Why not say he put her to back to bed after her feeding and when he woke up in the morning, she was gone? The bizarre-ness of the story is making me wonder if he is telling the truth?

However a lot of medical facilities sell old laptops to employees or auction them when no longer needed. They did at a hospital I used to work at. The label is left on there, the purchaser can remove it themselves.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I was thinking of this possibility too. It seems like our small-town clinic gets a new system every couple of years.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Oh, the irony. I'm watching an episode of "Eight is Enough" (remember that show?), which deals with a child in foster care, looking for a loving home. I suspect this episode will have a happy ending. I'm still hoping Sherin's story will have a happy ending as well.

ETA: Tom Bradford is explaining to Nicholas why adopting a child needs to be well thought out.

A snippet from tonight's news talking about all the evidence they seized, and an update on the custody of the older child

"A spokesperson for the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services confirmed Wednesday that Sherin's mother, Sini Mathews, is scheduled to go before a judge on Monday.

She will try to regain custody of her 4-year-old daughter who was placed in foster care after Sherin's disappearance."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Blanket-Washer-and-Dryer-45-Other-Items-Seized-From-Missing-Childs-Richardson-Home-FBI-451497123.html

A snippet from tonight's news talking about all the evidence they seized, and an update on the custody of the older child

"A spokesperson for the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services confirmed Wednesday that Sherin's mother, Sini Mathews, is scheduled to go before a judge on Monday.

She will try to regain custody of her 4-year-old daughter who was placed in foster care after Sherin's disappearance."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Blanket-Washer-and-Dryer-45-Other-Items-Seized-From-Missing-Childs-Richardson-Home-FBI-451497123.html

Interesting.

Different thought on the laptop with the hospital name. Could it have been a hospital sticker on it from a visit with Sherin, but, not belong to the hospital? I have a laptop and a calendar with a sticker for a local veterinarian hospital. I've never worked there though. It's where I take cats for TNR.

If the laptop did belong to the hospital, people that work for home health I know have a company lap top. I've seen them at my house with them. My sister works as a home health nurse in another state, she has a lap top with her.

I doubt as a floor nurse you would be allowed to bring it home though. I quit working when our hospital was converting to all computer instead of paper charts. I know a paper chart wasn't even suppose to be off the floor that a patient was on unless accompanied by the patient.... so I doubt a lap top would be allowed to go home with an employee. If you had work you needed to finish, you stayed over and got it documented.

I work for a large hospital system and our electronic medical records program is accessible from any computer, ANYWHERE there is WiFi.
I have a specific sign on name and password, so I know they are able to track anything I look at, but that holds true for any hospital wide information system (some programs I can’t access at home as it specifies that I need to be on an encrypted/private server).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think a judge would even consider giving the child back since she's made no effort to find her other daughter? I wonder.

If the father did something to this child, why make up the story about sending her outside to stand by a tree at 3 am? Surely, he understands how this makes him look.

Why not say he put her to back to bed after her feeding and when he woke up in the morning, she was gone? The bizarre-ness of the story is making me wonder if he is telling the truth?

Had he said that he went to bed and she was gone when he got up that would pose the problems of neighbours possibly seeing him outside with her at that time, or hearing her crying etc. I don't believe when he gave his statement that he thought those actions were at all criminal.

But, instead his story basically was "she wouldn't drink her milk, I wasn't having any of that, so I not only took her outside, through the fence gate (or garage), down the driveway and diagonally across the street and placed her BEHIND this tree and I knew coyotes could be out and get her, I've seen them"... I heard one of the MSM journalists live yesterday and they said it was I believe 52 feet from the fence to tree, it's not like he even just said he took her and placed her out in the yard.

The dogs to my knowledge didn't pick up that Sherin was by the tree at all.

There has to be some truth in his story, I think something DID happen around 3am, I think he did do laundry, I have no clue why that tree was significant to him, perhaps its a place he and his children have kicked a soccer ball around or sat under to read stories. Who knows, but he brought it into the story because it was in his subconscious.

Different thought on the laptop with the hospital name. Could it have been a hospital sticker on it from a visit with Sherin, but, not belong to the hospital? I have a laptop and a calendar with a sticker for a local veterinarian hospital. I've never worked there though. It's where I take cats for TNR.

If the laptop did belong to the hospital, people that work for home health I know have a company lap top. I've seen them at my house with them. My sister works as a home health nurse in another state, she has a lap top with her.

I doubt as a floor nurse you would be allowed to bring it home though. I quit working when our hospital was converting to all computer instead of paper charts. I know a paper chart wasn't even suppose to be off the floor that a patient was on unless accompanied by the patient.... so I doubt a lap top would be allowed to go home with an employee. If you had work you needed to finish, you stayed over and got it documented.

I am a home health nurse we have work iPads that we carry around and it stays at my house. It is encrypted but also no patient information is to be stored on the device, it is all instantly stored in an online server. It is definitely odd for a nurse at a hospital to bring home a laptop unless she is a manager or is in an administrative role. A floor nurse generally doesn’t have their own work laptop they are shared and passed off at shift change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's odd that he made her get out of bed. She's still quite young so he should have taken the milk to her. It would be so hard to wake up a 3yr old in the middle of the night and ask her to come to the kitchen.

Do we have doctors reports saying she was malnourished? What is the childcare saying about her?

Do you think a judge would even consider giving the child back since she's made no effort to find her other daughter? I wonder.

Given that her lawyer didn't say "yes" or "no" to whether or not she has been trying to find Sherin I don't think its fair to assume she is doing nothing. She could be so distraught she has had to be medicated (my aunt was when my cousin was missing, and he was 17), she also could be calling LE every ten mins for updates. They have said to the media that they don't want searches and they don't want the areas they are searching to be disclosed because they don't want potential evidence to be corrupted, she may have called 1000 times (or had her lawyer call) and been told each time that at this time they don't want to organize anything and they don't feel that a public plea or statement will be of any help in the case. The fact is, we do not know and shouldn't assume she is sitting back chilling out.

That said, NO, I do not think she will get custody back at this time. The ongoing investigation and all of the items still being processed could lead to her being arrested even if at this point they do not believe her to be involved. This would be very traumatic for her daughter to go through and right now the focus should be stability. I also don't feel that her family will get custody at this time because if Sherin was killed in the home they will look into family history of child abuse, as a parent who abuses was statistically more likely to be abused.
I DO feel that she will get supervised visitation.

SUPER long answer, but so much to go over... I guess in short I think she will get supervised visitation until a stable and SAFE home environment is proven to be established. IMO they will NOT risk losing another child or the mother or family taking her out of the country in the middle of this huge case.

I doubt she would get custody back Monday. I could be wrong but my thoughts are she will probably get some kind of supervised? visitation.

It's odd that he made her get out of bed. She's still quite young so he should have taken the milk to her. It would be so hard to wake up a 3yr old in the middle of the night and ask her to come to the kitchen.

Do we have doctors reports saying she was malnourished? What is the childcare saying about her?

They actually recommend you don't give your child anything other than water in bed and that you brush teeth etc after. Milk is high in sugar and I believe it's called "baby bottle mouth" where young kids have advanced tooth decay because of this. They even suggest now that if you are breastfeeding to brush your babies teeth afterward to prevent tooth decay. Also, if she drinks from a cup or from a bottle of pediasure this wouldn't be possible in bed. My oldest never used sippy cups, she always preferred (and still does as a teen) a regular cup with a straw.

Had he said that he went to bed and she was gone when he got up that would pose the problems of neighbours possibly seeing him outside with her at that time, or hearing her crying etc. I don't believe when he gave his statement that he thought those actions were at all criminal.

But, instead his story basically was "she wouldn't drink her milk, I wasn't having any of that, so I not only took her outside, through the fence gate (or garage), down the driveway and diagonally across the street and placed her BEHIND this tree and I knew coyotes could be out and get her, I've seen them"... I heard one of the MSM journalists live yesterday and they said it was I believe 52 feet from the fence to tree, it's not like he even just said he took her and placed her out in the yard.

The dogs to my knowledge didn't pick up that Sherin was by the tree at all.

There has to be some truth in his story, I think something DID happen around 3am, I think he did do laundry, I have no clue why that tree was significant to him, perhaps its a place he and his children have kicked a soccer ball around or sat under to read stories. Who knows, but he brought it into the story because it was in his subconscious.

I'm with you on the 3 am and doing laundry. Wondering if maybe he had sent her out to the tree at times before this night, and that is why he added it to the story. I am not saying doing laundry at 3am is a sign of guilt, however doing laundry at 3 am when your child is missing is interesting.

They actually recommend you don't give your child anything other than water in bed and that you brush teeth etc after. Milk is high in sugar and I believe it's called "baby bottle mouth" where young kids have advanced tooth decay because of this. They even suggest now that if you are breastfeeding to brush your babies teeth afterward to prevent tooth decay. Also, if she drinks from a cup or from a bottle of pediasure this wouldn't be possible in bed. My oldest never used sippy cups, she always preferred (and still does as a teen) a regular cup with a straw.

Thank you. I never knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member