Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't make sense with "contents of." There are no contents of a power saw except the blade and the motor. They would simply remove the entire article, not the contents of, IMO.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Saw dust goes somewhere. A jigsaw might have a bag, or a table saw might have a removable bin or plate beneath the blade. Not my favorite thing to think about in relation to this case.

First I wanted to thank everyone for keeping little Sherin’s thread updated. I haven’t had much time to reference links and the updates have been very informative (and respectful.)
On the subject of power tools, we have a wall-mounted vacuum in our garage. I use it to clean out crumbs from the minivan. Just a thought.
On the subject of the wooden spoon - we bought a wooden fork and spoon from Hobby Lobby several years ago. They hang in our kitchen. I looked and they still sell them. Link to fork below. It’s never occurred to me to use them as a punishment implement. I just pulled one to see if it had any information on the back that could help identify where it was purchased and realized they were covered in dust. They hang just high enough so that I could grab the bottom & lift off.
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Decor-Frames/Polyresin-Pottery/Black-Fork-Wall-Decor/p/97530

http://www.blackanddecker.com/produ...2-amp-leaf-blower-vacuum-and-mulcher/bebl7000

2ec6525bd6f885ed1013bcb07ba3c8dc.jpg

This has contents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being Sherin is developmentally challenged, is that the terminology that is being used, I can understand her not being potty trained.

If she is not talking and behind in her milestones, why would she be potty trained even though she is three? With what we have been told about her, she is not going to skip stages of development to be out of diapers due to her age.

I wonder if having a normal first child who I bet you was quiet and could be described as a perfectly behaved child, then adopting Sherin with special needs, was more than one or both parents could tolerate? Sorry to say that, but IMO what else could it have been?

My opinions only.

I can kinda understand this, only in reverse. Our first was, what everyone calls kids like our first child these days, "special needs", although I dislike the term. When our second came along, we were in shock. Everything went almost like the parenting books had said, that we'd read before the first child came along (and nothing went like the parenting books said for the first child). It was so strange. Just because the 2nd child's infancy, and toddler-hood, was typical, didn't mean the household became typical, though. We knew for sure, then, that something was wrong but it would take us til fourth grade to finally get the diagnoses.

I thought it was like this.
43f3894970087a79404186cec3f90878.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think if it was wall art, it would have been more descriptive as wall picture, wall art, or something along those lines. They wouldn't only say what was on the picture as opposed to that it is a pucture.

Can someone tell me what kinds of things are contents of power equipment? I'm drawing a blank on what this means.

Contents of a vacuum cleaner, shop vac, those bags that catch grass clippings or leaves used on lawn mowers. Something along those lines.

My husband has collection bags on the majority of his tools so that when he is working in someone's house he doesn't make a bunch of dust or whatever.

Saw dust goes somewhere. A jigsaw might have a bag, or a table saw might have a removable bin or plate beneath the blade. Not my favorite thing to think about in relation to this case.
My entire family is really into power tools. I am a carpenter's kid. I have never seen anyone, and I mean anyone, with a saw dust collection kit. Look up saw dust collection. It's complicated and so only someone who is very much into carpentry is going to bother to put one together. It's not impossible, but highly improbable that he had such a system.

My husband has collection bags on the majority of his tools so that when he is working in someone's house he doesn't make a bunch of dust or whatever.
Hmm. I have yet to meet anyone who uses these. Interesting to find someone who does. Almost everyone I know has power tools and I've never seen this.

In any case, I am really doubting the contents they are speaking of would have anything to do with a saw. I hope I am not wrong in this case. Frankly, I don't even want to consider what that would mean. Really, I have to step away from that idea for my own sanity, I think.

Hmmm. Had not seen that mentioned or linked. I believe he was well-educated (had read that as well as some personal sleuthing), so it would surprise me if he was a truck driver. IMO, JMO.

ETA: I do remember reading a post in T2 offering that in Indian culture some are very afraid of LE.

I do agree with him not being a truck driver, but it is a total misconception that all truck drivers aren't college educated. Many on the roads in today's time are college educated with college degrees. But after finishing college many of them realized they can make much more money being a truck driver with a large company than they ever could in their degree field plus have far better benefits.

IMO

My entire family is really into power tools. I am a carpenter's kid. I have never seen anyone, and I mean anyone, with a saw dust collection kit. Look up saw dust collection. It's complicated and so only someone who is very much into carpentry is going to bother to put one together. It's not impossible, but highly improbable that he had such a system.

I don't know. My husband had one and he isn't a carpenter or woodworker by trade. Just a hobby.

All of the power tools mentioned are so noisy. If any of them was used between 3-8 am, there would be so much noise that a neighbor would complain about it IMO. So it makes me think that either the power tool was used BEFORE the 3 am abandonment time or AFTER the police had come to interview Mr. Mathews.

I do agree with him not being a truck driver, but it is a total misconception that all truck drivers aren't college educated. Many on the roads in today's time are college educated with college degrees. But after finishing college many of them realized they can make much more money being a truck driver with a large company than they ever could in their degree field plus have far better benefits.

IMO

You are correct, absolutely. Not meaning to lump all into one category.

From what I've found on WM, though, (and unsure how much I'm allowed post here), he was well-educated not only in India, but apparently attended UTA in 1998. So just thinking he had other irons in the fire here in Texas, too busy to also be doing long-distance trucking.

(ETA: It's possible I have the wrong Indian Wesley Mathews, but it sure looks like him in the frat photo.)

I tell my hubby he has more tools than anyone I know. :D Most of his electric power tools do come with a collection bag that is intended to trap the dust from wood shavings or even metal shavings. If he is doing remodeling in our home he uses the collection bags but if he is out in his shop he does not or is doing work outside.

IMO

We don't know this. Perhaps she became uncooperative ater police suggested to her Sherin is no longer alive? We have no idea how much she helped before this or what she is doing now.

As of right now, we do not know what Mom has been doing. She's innocent as far as we can be concerned... currently.

I was going off of what the Richardson public information officer, SGT Perlich, had said two or three nights ago while being interviewed. I am in no way accusing the mother of being guilty of anything. I was just saying she stopped cooperating after the first day.

BANFIELD: And I guess between your comments, I`m going to read between the lines. You gave me a fact pattern that did not include that mysterious road trip, which is extremely curious in this fact pattern. What about his wife, Sini, Sini Matthews? And I don`t know if I`m pronouncing it right.
It could be Sini Matthews. You`ve interviewed her, as well. What`s your read on the wife, what she knows, what she has said and whether she knows anything at all about this?

PERLICH: Obviously, we`ve done extensive interviews with her, as well. We`d like to do some additional interviews with her. Unfortunately, the attorney that she has does not wish to do that at this particular time. Our understanding is, from what we`re being told, was that she was asleep during the time that he took the child outside.

[20:10:04]BANFIELD: You were being told that by Wesley Matthews or by Sini herself that she was asleep?

PERLICH: By the two of them.

BANFIELD: And did you feel that the way that was reported to you was believable?

PERLICH: Well, that`s what we have to work off of and that`s what we`re trying to either prove or disprove. And that`s where we`re at with this particular investigation.

BANFIELD: Let me ask you this. Polygraph -- did either of them agree to, were they asked to take a poly?

PERLICH: By the time we got to the point where we would offer a polygraph, they were no longer cooperating with us.

BANFIELD: So neither one of them is cooperating now. They both lawyered up with separate lawyers, and that`s it for police interviews with these two, who apparently have a missing child somewhere out there, correct?

PERLICH: That is correct. And so we`re having to work off of the information we were able to gain from them on the initial day that she was reported missing.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1710/16/ptab.01.html

The entire interview is linked.

I don't know. My husband had one and he isn't a carpenter or woodworker by trade. Just a hobby.
This explains why I've never seen one. They are likely used more by hobbyists than professionals. A professional isn't going to cut something in a house, even in the winter. And professionals are going to be cutting so much stuff that it would take more time to continually empty and unclog them that it just makes more sense to use a broom and dust pan followed by a shop vac.

I think it’s an actual huge fork and spoon ! These were real popular years ago
5e7067e54cdfcfcdc644116e7af7999f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very popular. My mil still had a set upon her passing, just a few years back. They've never quite gone away (as we can infer from the list). Also, there were a lot of wooden spoons that were taken. I've seen a lot of these come in little crocks, with a whisk, and other kitchen items, and just the regular wooden spoon, for cooking. I think the other child has been interviewed by someone, working with LE, and she's mentioned being spanked with a wooden spoon. So LE has gotten every wooden spoon in the home to try and find dna.

This explains why I've never seen one. They are likely used more by hobbyists than professionals. A professional isn't going to cut something in a house, even in the winter. And professionals are going to be cutting so much stuff that it would take more time to continually empty and unclog them that it just makes more sense to use a broom and dust pan followed by a shop vac.

my husband is floor covering installer so he uses them in peoples houses all of the time, some of them have a spot where you can connect them to a vacuum so you don't have to empty them all of the time

IMO

That post was me.. My husband is a truck driver.. not WM.. the point was being from India he used to have an extreme fear of the police.. he has mellowed.. but he still has mini panic attacks if he has to deal with them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021