IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

First time posting but new pictures will be released of Kenneka as she was found in the freezer. The pictures are reported to be graphic in nature and her family says they raise more questions than answers. I don't think I want to see them but will be here to read your thoughts on the pictures if any of you wish to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time posting but new pictures will be released of Kenneka as she was found in the freezer. The pictures are reported to be graphic in nature and her family says they raise more questions than answers. I don't think I want to see them but will be here to read your thoughts on the pictures if any of you wish to see them.

I come back to check on update for those young lives that were lost so tragically. Their stories stay will you. For this young girl, I will remember her beautiful smile and those dimples. Rest in peace baby girl, may you dance with the Angels.

Thank you for the update. I don't think the pictures and videos that will be released today will be graphic fortunately.

The attorney says they also showed photos that would not be released, describing them as graphic and disturbing.

http://wgntv.com/2017/10/19/more-ph...s-case-to-be-released-friday-family-attorney/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...el-freezer-lawyers-photos-20171020-story.html

According to Rosemont police reports, she was found on her side, face down, with her left arm underneath her, her right shoe off and a small cut on her right foot.
The photographs show that Jenkins was still wearing the jeans and jean jacket shown in surveillance videos of her walking through the hotel before her death, but the shirt beneath her jacket “was pulled up exposing her breasts,” a police report said.

Wow. A lot to take in. Well, there's the shoe I was asking about, but dang. I got a slew of new questions now.

I'm surprised this thread is so quiet today - there's so much new information released in those photos on Rosemont.com

Kenneka's shoe was across the freezer. At first I figured maybe she had tried kicking the door down and the shoe flung off (somehow in the opposite direction) along with her lipgloss, or maybe it was KJ taking her clothing off as some do when hyperthermia sets in... then I saw a few things that have me thinking:

- the fresh cuts on her ankle and foot - how did these get here? She was wearing comfortable high-top sneakers that would have covered this area, so these likely happened after her shoe came off.
- something that looks like dried blood on the floor & door (indicating a struggle? or is this something else?)
- the doorknob to the freezer - a simple twist knob door handle that IMO would be very easy to use (if unlocked) and get out of there, especially in several attempts.
- dirt (what is possibly a shoe print?) on her jeans
- dark stains on her jeans

MOO choosing to release these photos has not done LE any favors in quieting things down on SM or proving this was simply an accident. I'm not saying it wasn't an accident, but these photos are definitely giving me doubt at the moment that there isn't more to the story.

I'm surprised this thread is so quiet today - there's so much new information released in those photos on Rosemont.com

Kenneka's shoe was across the freezer. At first I figured maybe she had tried kicking the door down and the shoe flung off (somehow in the opposite direction) along with her lipgloss, or maybe it was KJ taking her clothing off as some do when hyperthermia sets in... then I saw a few things that have me thinking:

- the fresh cuts on her ankle and foot - how did these get here? She was wearing comfortable high-top sneakers that would have covered this area, so these likely happened after her shoe came off.
- something that looks like dried blood on the floor & door (indicating a struggle? or is this something else?)
- the doorknob to the freezer - a simple twist knob door handle that IMO would be very easy to use (if unlocked) and get out of there, especially in several attempts.
- dirt (what is possibly a shoe print?) on her jeans
- dark stains on her jeans

MOO choosing to release these photos has not done LE any favors in quieting things down on SM or proving this was simply an accident. I'm not saying it wasn't an accident, but these photos are definitely giving me doubt at the moment that there isn't more to the story.

Didn’t the light in the freezer turn off? She likely couldn’t find the handle to get out, if she had tried. I think the dirt on her is the dirt from the dirty freezer floor. We don’t know her shoes were comfortable. A few weeks ago I bought a really cute pair of glitter sneakers that didn’t look at all like they were uncomfortable. They were terrible and I’ll prob never wear them again. Also I didn’t see where it said the cut was fresh, but it’s been a couple weeks since I read the autopsy reports (LE and private)

I’ve only been able to see pics on Twitter... I guess the Rosemont site isn’t compatible with mobile. I still don’t see why there’s so much suspicion.

I read the police have closed the case.

RIP kenneka

Didn’t the light in the freezer turn off? She likely couldn’t find the handle to get out, if she had tried. I think the dirt on her is the dirt from the dirty freezer floor. We don’t know her shoes were comfortable. A few weeks ago I bought a really cute pair of glitter sneakers that didn’t look at all like they were uncomfortable. They were terrible and I’ll prob never wear them again. Also I didn’t see where it said the cut was fresh, but it’s been a couple weeks since I read the autopsy reports (LE and private)

I’ve only been able to see pics on Twitter... I guess the Rosemont site isn’t compatible with mobile. I still don’t see why there’s so much suspicion.

I read the police have closed the case.

RIP kenneka

My post was my opinion, and it’s my opinion that even with the light off it’s likely she could feel the wall and find the knob. This freezer really wasn’t all that big from one wall to the other- again, just my opinion. It’s not like she was in the freezer for just a few moments, she was in there long enough for hypothermia to set in, according to reports. I’d think there would be enough time for her to have felt that wall over and over. It’s the kind of knob you instinctively twist. MOO

She was able to catch her balance on the railing minutes earlier in the tape so I’d also think shed be “with it” enough to feel for the door knob. IMO MOO

I just find it odd, the way she was found with her belongings strewed about and dirt and dark stains everywhere, pants further down than they should be, shirt pulled up and breasts exposed (was she wearing a bra?)

IMO there’s a lot that has been released that warrants a discussion without losing perspective either way.

My post was my opinion, and it’s my opinion that even with the light off it’s likely she could feel the wall and find the knob. This freezer really wasn’t all that big from one wall to the other- again, just my opinion. It’s not like she was in the freezer for just a few moments, she was in there long enough for hypothermia to set in, according to reports. I’d think there would be enough time for her to have felt that wall over and over. It’s the kind of knob you instinctively twist. MOO

She was able to catch her balance on the railing minutes earlier in the tape so I’d also think shed be “with it” enough to feel for the door knob. IMO MOO

I just find it odd, the way she was found with her belongings strewed about and dirt and dark stains everywhere, pants further down than they should be, shirt pulled up and breasts exposed (was she wearing a bra?)

IMO there’s a lot that has been released that warrants a discussion without losing perspective either way.

This is what she was wearing that night, so I don't think it's that surprising for her breast to be exposed after lying down there. The pictures are definitely disturbing.
3105285527790de1ca407ee427293417.jpg

If you look on the diamond plate on the door ..is that blood there?..could she have been kicking the door trying to open it and get out. Causing her shoe to come off?

In the photo of the open door, there appear to be some dents near the bottom. I do think she was kicking it. Probably standing up and kicking it, because the dents are very low dow. Still, I don't see how she got that cut on the side of her foot. That is a strange place for a cut. I would think that if she had an injury from kicking, it would be either on the toes, or the bottom of her foot.

In my experience the knobs on the inside open by pushing them. Almost everyone I've been in also glows in the dark in case of a power outage when you're in there.

In my experience the knobs on the inside open by pushing them. Almost everyone I've been in also glows in the dark in case of a power outage when you're in there.

I don't know I go in three different ones for work. If the light gets turned off ...it's dark. Pranks by coworkers have taught me to carry a pin light. And it will make some panic..I train new employees and have had some totally freak when the door shuts the first time...no glowing handles in ours.

I don't know I go in three different ones for work. If the light gets turned off ...it's dark. Pranks by coworkers have taught me to carry a pin light. And it will make some panic..I train new employees and have had some totally freak when the door shuts the first time...no glowing handles in ours.

I read somewhere today that the freezer locks on its own, and there is a white button inside that you push to unlock.

Oh god, those photos are heartbreaking. I started crying when I saw her painted toe nails. It is just so sad. It just brought it back home that she was a teenager, doing what many teens do and that her night ended so tragically. Makes you think back to times where someone may have done something so simple to help you escape a tragic outcome- and you'll never know the difference. If someone just asked her to stay in the lobby until her friends came back or one friend stayed with her or a stranger seeing her stumble around...I can't imagine what her family is going through...For some reason I just really feel for Kenneka and her family. Rest in peace, sweet girl. I wish none of this happened to you.

I have so many issues with this now that I don't even now where to start.

Shoes--laces untied. Not that way in the videos. She sat down and unlaced her shoes?
Stairs--she really went up all those stairs and not the other ones to lead to the main lobby? Interesting.
Party--crowd seems to indicate ecstasy, Hennesy, and weed. Some saw her turn up a bottle.

All party goers seem to think Kenneka went in the hall with two of her friends. Two came back to look for her things. They went back in the hall and KJ was gone.

I don't get how she doesn't push the knob in the freezer. Maybe she twisted it instead? I don't get why her breasts are out. Why are her pockets turned out? I don't know. this is just a lot of information to get through.

ETA

I see her footprints in the freezer, but no other set.If there is another set, we don't know if it belongs to the police camera man. I'm assuming he went in before all the others.

Lip gloss

I'm concerned about the lip gloss on the door crack. Notice that it's bent, as if it fell before the second freezer closed. That means it was out of her pocket while that door was open or she was on the threshold between both fridges. Why? What was she doing? It was dark in there. I assume so because the police went back there with flashlights.

I have so many issues with this now that I don't even now where to start.

Shoes--laces untied. Not that way in the videos. She sat down and unlaced her shoes?
Stairs--she really went up all those stairs and not the other ones to lead to the main lobby? Interesting.
Party--crowd seems to indicate ecstasy, Hennesy, and weed. Some saw her turn up a bottle.

All party goers seem to think Kenneka went in the hall with two of her friends. Two came back to look for her things. They went back in the hall and KJ was gone.

I don't get how she doesn't push the knob in the freezer. Maybe she twisted it instead? I don't get why her breasts are out. Why are her pockets turned out? I don't know. this is just a lot of information to get through.

Which picture are her pockets turned out?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back