Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T
I don't have a front loader, have an HE top loader and LOVE It, doesn't have these issues, BUT I follow a girl on YT who did an in depth video of cleaning her front loader, It was her first time and she was really thorough. Her name is Kasey Chagnon and her channel name is the same! She even cleans out this part and has a great personality!!

O/T
Thank you! I'll check out the videos.

IMHO only victim in this case is sherin..
below are possible theories or speculations .
Something happened accidental or from some punishment which went horribly wrong... it may have happened friday night maybe between 8pm and 12pm... WM might have been drinking...he may have snapped and did something which may have caused accidental death. Wife might have been witness to this. Since she has some medical background, she may have tried to rescue without any success.. in panic they may have got frightened and feared that both of them may end up going in jail.. so next few hours they discussed and planned to come up with unbelievable story putting the blame only one person. so one person will be there to take care of their bio child... these kind of stories are very common in indian movies.. one of the movie in Malayalam (language spoken by the parents) is drishyam which was the highest earning blockbuster .. in that movie dad hides the dead body and police never able to find and recover it... In this case, he didn't have time to dig and hide, so most likely he might have dumped in a water body...
Sherin looks healthy in her recent photos.. lot of indian kids are petite... she may be speaking delayed because of three different languages..At orphange she might have been exposed to hindi/bihari , parents in US may be speaking malayalam at home and at day care she has to deal with english.
LE should get help from Kerala police department who will be able to crack the case quickly.. LE looks abandoned the effort to find the body (or doing in halfhearted way like in the video of the search this week) and focusing on getting evidences which they can use to build the case...they may hit dead end ..

Something happened accidental or from some punishment which went horribly wrong... it may have happened friday night maybe between 8pm and 12pm... WM might have been drinking...he may have snapped and did something which may have caused accidental death. Wife might have been witness to this. Since she has some medical background, she may have tried to rescue without any success.. in panic they may have got frightened and feared that both of them may end up going in jail.. so next few hours they discussed and planned to come up with unbelievable story putting the blame only one person. so one person will be there to take care of their bio child... these kind of stories are very common in indian movies.. one of the movie in Malayalam (language spoken by the parents) is drishyam which was the highest earning blockbuster .. in that movie dad hides the dead body and police never able to find and recover it... In this case, he didn't have time to dig and hide, so most likely he might have dumped in a water body...
Sherin looks healthy in her recent photos.. lot of indian kids are petite... she may be speaking delayed because of three different languages..At orphange she might have been exposed to hindi/bihari , parents in US may be speaking malayalam at home and at day care she has to deal with english.
LE should get help from Kerala police department who will be able to crack the case quickly.. LE looks abandoned the effort to find the body (or doing in halfhearted way like in the video of the search this week) and focusing on getting evidences which they can use to build the case...they may hit dead end ..

:welcome6:

O/T
I need to know where this filter is located?? Lol
I've had my front loader for a little over a year and it's a constant chore trying to to keep the rubber seal clean and free of debris. It's too new to put out on the curb or I would.

Mine is a 3x6 inch rectangle door close to the bottom left front of the machine, near the floor. It's hard to get off, needs just the right pivot and slide and feels like it's going to break. I do think there's you tube videos that show you how to do it.
We learned the expensive way by paying for a serviceman to come out twice.

Definitely possible, lets not forget though that Sherins sister is a victim as well, even if they never find out more about what happened to Sherin or close this case, WM is facing 20 years in jail, this little girl has in the last two weeks lost her little sister and likely best friend, both her parents and all her family and has also likely been removed from her school for safety. Without a miracle of Sherin being found alive, she will go her entire life wondering what happened, how it happened, if she could have stopped it or if she caused it (even young children have these thoughts plague them), at this point she may never see her dad again and when she does she may be visiting him in prison... Right now Sini is not a POI and LE are continuing to say that the status has not changed and they are going off those initial interviews... So, she should be considered a victim as well, and if we don't want to show her sympathy without knowing her story, we should still show her the respect that we simply do not know... She could be a victim of extreme domestic violence, she could be the victim as a sleeping mother who woke to find her child missing as we have been told, we just don't know, and won't until LE puts things together and things get to trial :(

I agree her sister is in bad situation. Looks like LE is blindly believing wife, maybe giving benefit of doubt, from the general commentary in MSM that indian women are not treated well ( like your comment). India is a big place with 1.2 billion population . Kerala is the state which is culturally bit different from the rest of india..it was matriarchal for centuries...Kerala has 100% literacy and there is huge percentage of women in work force...lot of women in kerala study nursing to go abroad..so you can see nurses from kerala all over the world..without these cultural context, richardson police making big mistakes in their assumption... a video posted earlier of an interview with a dallas based kerala priest also give lot of background.. she may have immigrated earlier to US than WM, her parents are in US...she may have brought WM to US in husband visa... they have three brand new cars may be because her parents were visiting them quite often...

If my history is correct this is actually where the saying "Maybe the dingo ate your baby" stems from. We have heard and even said that so many times, especially after Seinfeld had an episode where Elaine said it at a party with a bad Australian accent, when I found out that the saying had come from a real case I felt pretty darned awful.

On to what you said though, its so true, any story, even WM's could be plausible. Despite what we all may think right now, he may have told the truth 100%, we just don't know. We can speculate, we can theorize, we can cast stones and so on, but maybe his story sounds so darned insane because the truth really is crazier than fiction!

IMHO, not a chance. Nada. Zippo.

I agree her sister is in bad situation. Looks like LE is blindly believing wife, maybe giving benefit of doubt, from the general commentary in MSM that indian women are not treated well ( like your comment). India is a big place with 1.2 billion population . Kerala is the state which is culturally bit different from the rest of india..it was matriarchal for centuries...Kerala has 100% literacy and there is huge percentage of women in work force...lot of women in kerala study nursing to go abroad..so you can see nurses from kerala all over the world..without these cultural context, richardson police making big mistakes in their assumption... a video posted earlier of an interview with a dallas based kerala priest also give lot of background.. she may have immigrated earlier to US than WM, her parents are in US...she may have brought WM to US in husband visa... they have three brand new cars may be because her parents were visiting them quite often...

Nah, those ol' Texas LE boys (and gals) are sharp as they come. Rather than blindly believing, I'd say "strategically aligning" with....

Nah, those ol' Texas LE boys (and gals) are sharp as they come. Rather than blindly believing, I'd say "strategically aligning" with....

I hope so.. a mom who is not searching for her missing child and not cooperating with investigation will be red flag to any investigating officer

Subscribing to this thread so I can come back. But first I have to go clean my front loader!! [emoji15][emoji51]

The parents of the missing Richardson 3-year-old, Sherin Mathews, will head to court Monday to fight to try to get back their other child.
CPS says it’s a standard custodial hearing, as the parents ask a judge to let them bring their 4-year-old, biological daughter home.

CPS confirms it had been involved with the Mathews prior to Sherin’s disappearance, but refused to say for which child and why they were called in.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/20/parents-missing-richardson-girl-cps/

If I understand this, both parents will appear in court to ask that the other daughter be released into their custody from CPS but WM is not allowed any contact with her. Since the mother is not currently considered a POI or suspect in Sherin's disappearance any thoughts on whether or not the other girl will be returned to her?

IMO under the current circumstances and as long as mom follows the court order of keeping WM away from the little girl it seems like it might be in the best interests of the child to go home to her mother. OTOH, we don't know where LE is in their investigation and maybe it's best the girl remain in safe hands. Ugh, what an awful situation for the girl.

All the talk of coyotes made me remember a case from Australia decades ago:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Azaria_Chamberlain

Sometimes even the most bizarre stories are eventually found to be true. It just reminds me to keep an open mind.

“A Dingo ate my Bah-bee”

When the made for TV movie came out this became a huge saying back in the day.

Then the evidence showed.. well ..it wasn’t a lie after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have debated if I was willing to share this here but I feel as I must. This week I have developed a huge amount of empathy for the mom. I was quick to judge on too little info.

You see see day before yesterday morning we had a bit of drama her in my home. Some of you have seen me mention my 11 yr old daughter who is autistic and developmentally delayed. Well, my husband left for work at 6:15 Wed morning and Katie and I were still asleep. I had been up with her for her nightly wake up from around 3-5. The best I can tell she must have awakened shortly after he left. She has become quite stealthy of late but this time topped the cake. She managed to get out of the house and wandered off. (We have her twin bed between his bed and my hospital bed to prevent her getting up unsupervised) Not before evidently rolling in the wet grass in 50 degree weather. She was found at a restaurant nearby and the man mowing the lawn there called the police. She was able to tell the police her name but that was all except when he asked where she lived she said North.( I am assuming the North Pole) So after driving her around and she couldn’t identify a house he took her to the local emergency room. Some how police dispatch was able to match her to my husbands cell number (I will never guess how) and called him at work. He tried to call me but she had turned the ringer off on my phone. So at 8 am he runs into the house a wakes me up to tell me she is at the hospital. I knew it would waste valuable time if I tried to get dressed and him help me get to the car with my wheelchair so I just told him to go. I knew what he would be facing when he got there and it wasn’t going to be pretty. At first the police and Doctor tried to claim that she had been out all night because she was in her nightgown(at 8 in the morning). Then they wouldn’t let him see her until DSS/DHS arrived. The police interrogated him then DSS took their turn. Then the police came her to interrogate me and then swapped places with DSS. They kept telling him she wasn’t coming home with him. They started telling me if she was allowed to come home there would be requirements we would have to agree to. I home school her for several reasons and am licensed through the state as a school. The said I would have to put her in public school. Then asked if I would refuse to put her in public school. Of course I responded that if it was the only way I could get her home I would enroll her but, if it was my choice as was my legal right as her parent I would continue homeschooling. Duh.

Once she she left I called my husband back at the hospital and he was finally with our daughter. We sat spastically for the hour or two and waited, At nearly 3 pm he called me and said they were on their way home together. Just before leaving the police told him he had originally intended to arrest him. With no stipulations except to add another lock to the 2 already on the door she escaped through. At that point I was ready to put a stockade bar across the door anyway. Today the social worker just popped in unannounced to check for the new lock (which was on the door within an hour of her arrival home.)

So as long as the mom is not a poi with LE she has my empathy. I had a reminder of just how quickly things can go south. Perhaps they were like my husband and I when he has two days off in a row I take a sleeping pill and he does the night shift with her. That way I can catch up on my rest from being up with her every night for the 3 am party. We have medicated her and nothing stops the 3 am party.

90% of autistic children bolt at least once but until it happens you believe it won’t happen to you. As many safeguards as we had in place it still happened and I was terrified. I still am. How easily it could have been much worse. How easily they could have taken her away. She was close to traffic when she was found. It could have been deadly. I know haw serious it was. I am now afraid to sleep. She thinks she had a grande adventure. She rode in a police car, they gave her toys at the hospital and everyone made over her like a little princess she has no concept of the danger. I do

Has there been LE or MSM confirmation that she went to preschool on Friday until 4? Sorry in advance if this has been posted already. I've been looking for that info, and can't find it. I do know that the preschool has 3 plans (2 days, 3 days, or 4 days a week) and they have extended hours before and after school to accommodate family work schedules. So if she was there Friday, she could have been there until 5 or 5:30. But we don't know if she was there Friday. Because LE has said they know who was the last to see her, but haven't said who that was and where/when that was.

I don’t think they have. However, I’d guess that she was seen on Friday or they have some way of knowing that nothing untoward happened to her prior to Saturday just based on the timeline LE appear to be going by. Obviously, we can’t know that for sure yet but I think they would ask for checks of surveillance etc on the days prior if they had any reason to suspect anything happened before Saturday.

Oh Grouchymom, Bless you for all you do. You are not grouchy at all. You're a kind, patient, and very special person. Thank you for sharing your personal experience. It really gives a unique perspective!!

Oh Grouchymom, Bless you for all you do. You are not grouchy at all. You're a kind, patient, and very special person. Thank you for sharing your personal experience. It really gives a unique perspective!!
I second this!

If my history is correct this is actually where the saying "Maybe the dingo ate your baby" stems from. We have heard and even said that so many times, especially after Seinfeld had an episode where Elaine said it at a party with a bad Australian accent, when I found out that the saying had come from a real case I felt pretty darned awful.

On to what you said though, its so true, any story, even WM's could be plausible. Despite what we all may think right now, he may have told the truth 100%, we just don't know. We can speculate, we can theorize, we can cast stones and so on, but maybe his story sounds so darned insane because the truth really is crazier than fiction!

https://youtu.be/coPevaETtnM

A Cry in the Dark with Meryl Streep was the movie based on it.

I'm jumping on this. Grouchymom, your children are lucky to have you.

Thanks. There are several links involving this security issue and it goes back about 10 years. Here is one of the links I used. There were quite a few links available and HIPPA was mentioned several times as well as worry about laptops not being encrypted properly leaving patient info etc vulnerable. It sounds from the different articles that security, or lack of and lack of changes to this security is what caused these issues. Whatever the case, it sounds like that laptop shouldn't have been out of the medical center.
http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20170203/NEWS/170209963

I haven’t read all the pages forward from this post yet but am bouncing off this one about the laptop. As a nurse, I can verify it is NOT nefarious for this laptop to be in this home. There are particular jobs that employees at hospitals do from home from secure hospital-owned laptops. Contents are secured through VPN connections and servers through the hospital. There are no HIPAA violations. I’ve had a nursing position like this myself and a laptop like this myself as well. Without “sleuthing” Sherin’s mother, I can guarantee you all, you can put to sleep the “sleuthing” of the laptop. It was where it was supposed to be.

My son inlaw found a small child by herself. He knocked on doors until he found the right house. No one noticed she was gone.
Thank god he found her and not someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆