Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so. I am still worried that this might be one where there are no proven answers. Like so many other previous cases, like Hailey Dunn, and Little DeOrr, and Baby Lisa Irwin, .....endless list of names....:rose: :rose: :rose:

Ultimately it's fact that her parent(s) failed her in this situation. Assuming her mother really was asleep, her father has admitted to leaving her outside at 3 am, which directly led to her death.

Even if he didn't physically contribute to ending her life, he is responsible all the same. And should be held accountable. Stating he left her outside in the dark knowing predatory animals were in the area proves he knew she was in danger when he left her out there.

Could anyone tell me if he has been arrested again? Or is he still out on bond?

Could anyone tell me if he has been arrested again? Or is he still out on bond?

No. He won’t be arrested again until the Medical Examiner positively identifies her and possibly until they have cause and manner of death (if possible) and the get a grand jury indictment.

I'm probably being dumb, but would the fact they potentially found Sherin change things for the court hearing to get the bio child back?

I'm probably being dumb, but would the fact they potentially found Sherin change things for the court hearing to get the bio child back?
I wonder if attorneys will ask for new court date after todays development. These are unusual circumstances. Im sure HE WONT BE ALLOWED NEAR HER.

I wonder if attorneys will ask for new court date after todays development. These are unusual circumstances. Im sure HE WONT BE ALLOWED NEAR HER.

I had wondered that. Surely this is not the right time for the child to be going back.

Folks, do I have this right? That culvert was searched on day 2 and Sherin was not there?
LE returns and she is found?
Is it possible LE put a tracking device on the car he was driving after being released from jail?

I thought about this, her maybe being moved, but I would think it would be too risky and obvious with the GPS tracker and all the heat...
Maybe he thought they would only track him if he left town.

Folks, do I have this right? That culvert was searched on day 2 and Sherin was not there?
LE returns and she is found?
Is it possible LE put a tracking device on the car he was driving after being released from jail?

From what I have read, the culvert was indeed searched on day 2 and Sherin was not there. It makes this case even more twisted.

So, this little girl has taken the hearts of many, including myself. Not much is clear here, other than that, at this time. But the support and outreach for little Sherin, who it seems, had no one in this world that loved her, has been amazing on these threads, out in the public and in the Finding Sherin group. I love to see everyone come together like this, it's in the worst of circumstances but it shows Sherin wasn't alone in this world.

There have been soo many times since October 7 where I had to take a time out and just compose myself or just go off and cry and there was always so much to catch up on when I got back. I love that this thread, the page, the location where all of the stuffed animals and messages and balloons were left at the tree for Sherin never went quiet. Not day. Not night.
There are so many of us on this thread and I just want to say thank you to all of you, everyone who cared for Sherin, shared their local information, posted maps, photos, videos, searched on their own free time and shared their thoughts and theories. She might not have ever felt loved by any of her parents but the “Daughter of Texas” sure was loved, even if it came too late for Sherin.

This is far from over and I cannot wait until we get to the day where justice is served for this little girl, and she finally finds peace. This behavior against these little innocents is far from acceptable.
So we’ll band together and wait here patiently (or impatiently, like I will) for that day to come.

I guess I really want someone to tell me why this happened. Why her whole life was this way. I know no one has the answers. There can’t be an answer for that evil.

Thanks, Sleuths. This is what it’s all about. :grouphug:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 22688034_10155790372098064_1534459058644182899_n.jpg
    22688034_10155790372098064_1534459058644182899_n.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 722
Ultimately it's fact that her parent(s) failed her in this situation. Assuming her mother really was asleep, her father has admitted to leaving her outside at 3 am, which directly led to her death.

Even if he didn't physically contribute to ending her life, he is responsible all the same. And should be held accountable. Stating he left her outside in the dark knowing predatory animals were in the area proves he knew she was in danger when he left her out there.

Good Grief!! Whatever happened to standing in the corner as a means of punishment if, indeed, punishment was even needed?

Questions that I have rolling around in my head:
1)If her body was indeed moved there, I wonder how much evidence was lost in the transition?
2) Why would she get moved to that location? It seems risky. It's wide open, very close to homes, etc.
3) Moving the body seems more calculated. My feeling through all of this was that this was unplanned and somebody snapped in the heat of the moment. Now I'm really not sure...

Oh Sherin, you poor, sweet girl.

Right now, I am kind of concerned that his bogus story might work to his advantage. Someone like Jose Baez would be able to create reasonable doubt in the jury, that maybe, just maybe, this little sweetheart walked away from that ill advised Time Out, and fell into the culvert, in a terrible accident. :cry:

This has been bothering me as well. However, I think he messed that plan up by not going out searching for her right away and for waiting so long to call the police. If he had been out banging on doors, and called 911 within a reasonable time period, he might have been able to get away with it.

From what I have read, the culvert was indeed searched on day 2 and Sherin was not there. It makes this case even more twisted.
Is there a LE link that says the culvert was searched 2 days ago? I believe that info originated in a Facebook post. I think it is a shame people are stating this as fact. Just some person saying they searched it, even MSM reporting that someone said they searched it, is not fact.

Yes that would be extremely weird. Unless of course coyotes did move her. What are the odds of that though...

You can't believe comments on facebook. First of all, how would this people know? Second of all, anybody can put anything on facebook.

Some have been talking about the rains Dallas had last night. The thing is, though, Sherin would not have been "washed down" in a storm from the back of her house to the culvert area where she was found. If you look at the map, and go to street view at the Centennial and Bowser intersection, you'll see that it is all pretty flat, as is the area around the railroad tracks just due west of that intersection. There are a few sewers on Centennial or Bowser, but there is no under-the-road culvert or wash area near the tracks that she would have traveled down during a storm in order to arrive at that little culvert where she was found this morning. In other words, she was not found in a 'swale' culvert (like the bigger ones pictured earlier in this thread). That culvert is just in a low spot at that particular street, but rising to level as you head back southward towards Centennial--which is a totally flat intersection and road all the way to the railroad tracks. I'll try to post some photos to give you a sense of the terrain.

So, IMO, I don't believe the rains swept her away. Nor am I convinced a phantom coyote dragged her off (with no screaming, no blood traces, no scent tracked by dogs, etc.), carrying her northward along the tracks, crossing a 4-lane highway, and traveling all that distance before finding just that one tiny culvert to deposit her in. We've had coyotes attack small dogs twice in our N.Texas neighborhood; while rare, there is definitely a commotion, a trail, and some mauling along the way. I'm also not convinced a 3-yr old would voluntarily take that same route in the middle of the night and elect to cross a well-lit 4-lane highway so that she could then go back down into the darkness to hide in a tiny culvert. And die of...what? Hypothermia?

Here are some photos:

1. Where found (SW side of intersection), culvert circled:
attachment.php

2. Satellite view of area from home to intersection/culvert where found:
attachment.php

3. Centennial @ Bowser intersection (facing NW); sewers; alley backing up to easement and tracks behind neighborhood watch sign:
attachment.php

4. Centennial at Bowser (facing west/southwest); high wall on neighborhood side of Centennial; tracks in opening beyond, no culvert underneath Centennial (sewers only):
attachment.php

5. RR crossing at Centennial where Sherin and/or coyote presumably crossed (4-lanes) while traveling northward:
attachment.php

I really just think she was stuck in the middle of that pipe and the rain pushed her out making her more visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, assuming WM walked her to that culvert that morning, if her body had been there for 2 weeks, wouldn't the neighbor Prussack (mentioned in this link), who lived there and walked his dogs there every day, have smelled decomposition? (Or at least his dogs have smelled it?) We've had sunny, 78-88 degree weather these past two weeks (lows into mid-60s at night).
That neighbor seems confused, too, that he and his dogs wouldn't know. I do animal rescue and my dogs have known when, on the other side of a door, baby bunnies were not doing well. I am convinced they can smell when something may even be in the process of dying. And of course they can smell when something has died on our property (like wildlife) long before we can. I am certain something died in our culvert a few years ago because my dog was convinced something was in it. Our culvert is small and partially crushed at the end so I could not see it. But my dog knew and would not stay away. And this was when 2 feet if snow was covering it. She kept trying to dig it out.

In my experience, all dogs will investigate smells that should not be there, whether it's a chihuahua or a hound. So this is extremely odd to me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have a 3 yog myself who happens to be really tiny as was Sherin. This would definitely not be too far for my daughter to walk. However it's the walking in the dark that's hard to imagine.

I do not believe she walked to the drain. I believe she was killed/died and then someone put her there. Sadly, I had a friend as a teenager who was killed and ALSO stuck in a drain pipe. Sickens me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam