Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not inclined to think that the other child had anything to do with this.. even if there was some sort of a conflict between the kids, i simply can't imagine a 4 year old doing anything brutal enough to result in fatal injuries. But on that note, what does the law say when it comes to interviewing the older child? Since she's in CPS custody, could LE have already interviewed her without parental consent provided an approved person (eg: child psychologist/social worker) was present? Or would they still need the parents' permission for this?

Right, we don't. I, personally, don't think whatever he said was the truth.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Except the police spokesperson did say it brought some of their investigation together. I can't remember the exact wording, but when asked if it sounded feasible, he nodded his head and said yes. It confirms some things in the investigation. But then he did state who knows if he is being truthful....

Yeah but, as far as we know, he hasn't admitted to killing her; he has admitted to injuring her. Game playing IMO. He is giving a little to get a lot and IMO, he is about to throw someone else under the bus if he is offered a deal. JMO

With the charges he has admitted to killing her. This is a first degree felony injury to a child, that caused her death. LE have decided these were the best charges and they are pretty steep. Additional charges will come, lying to LE obstruction of justice, abuse of a corpse. IMO

Yeah but, as far as we know, he hasn't admitted to killing her; he has admitted to injuring her. Game playing IMO. He is giving a little to get a lot and IMO, he is about to throw someone else under the bus if he is offered a deal. JMO

He's not going to get that far with it. According to this article the man is changing his story already. It won't be long IMO until he is charged with murder.

Fox News reports that Mathews, already facing child endangerment and neglect charges, “provided an alternate statement of events from those which he had given previously, regarding the disappearance of Sherin,” according to Richardson. The exact details of the statement made are disclosed at this time.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/10/...herin-mathews-arrested-for-injury-to-a-child/

In case you missed Maria Guerrero earlier today, she did a FB live and WALKED from the Mathews house, to the culvert. It took about 10 mins and 30 seconds. I know that the idea that Sherin took off on her own is basically a moot idea at this point, BUT people have speculated the dad carried Sherin. I think this video sort of proves she wasn't carried, not because of distance, but because of how busy the road is that you have to cross.
https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerreroNews/videos/1042450572564393/

I think the rocks might have been built into the culvert, they would help slow down the flow of water if there was a really bad rain storm.

No no the rocks are not built in. They are just concrete tubes. Obstacles inside would lead to clogging.

Folks, Moderator Bessie lost her husband to cancer. Theres a forum to leave a word of condolence.

I think about the things I did when I was a kid. Rooftop jumping. My mother had no idea. I would have been grounded for life. Im lucky Im alive.

I too am lucky to be alive. We kids use to hop trains as they came out of the port of Portland and jumped off before they began to go too fast. I was 4th grade and younger.

He's not going to get that far with it. According to this article the man is changing his story already. It won't be long IMO until he is charged with murder.

Fox News reports that Mathews, already facing child endangerment and neglect charges, “provided an alternate statement of events from those which he had given previously, regarding the disappearance of Sherin,” according to Richardson. The exact details of the statement made are disclosed at this time.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/10/...herin-mathews-arrested-for-injury-to-a-child/

That should read "the exact details of the statement made are NOT disclosed at this time." (No details were disclosed in this article, nor were they in the presser.)

From what I am reading in Texas penal code, the fact that Sherin is a child and a child with disabilities will make Who ever did this pay doubly.

The mother would possibly know what she wore to bed and if the clothes belong to her child. I don't think it's fair to speculate on the mother yet.

Makes you wonder how on earth she could identify the clothing Sherin was wearing if she was "asleep" the entire time.

Do we know if Sherin was found in a garbage bag or some other sort of bag?

With the charges he has admitted to killing her. This is a first degree felony injury to a child, that caused her death. LE have decided these were the best charges and they are pretty steep. Additional charges will come, lying to LE obstruction of justice, abuse of a corpse. IMO
I disagree. No where in the charges or admittance does he admit that he caused the death of Sherin. He admits only to injury to a child. Legal charges for death would not omit that wording.

Folks, Moderator Bessie lost her husband to cancer. Theres a forum to leave a word of condolence.

Oh my, thank you for telling us deedee21. Bessie is such a wonderful dedicated moderator and such an important part of WS. I am so sorry to hear this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck