Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, I can't even for a second imagine what this feels like. But I also can't imagine not standing up and speaking out and cooperating for justice for my little one. I don't know the reasons why but it just doesn't feel right to me.

Maybe she has told LE all she knows and doesn't want to talk about it anymore, and maybe she had nothing much to tell LE anyhow if she was asleep when everything that happened did? And i would think her lawyer is advising her as well.

Obviously, I can't even for a second imagine what this feels like. But I also can't imagine not standing up and speaking out and cooperating for justice for my little one. I don't know the reasons why but it just doesn't feel right to me.
Maybe she's never had the chance before in her life to speak out. Maybe she fears the police.

We can't judge her and shouldn't until we are told there's a reason to, IMO. As of now, she's a victim who has lost everything.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Maybe she's never had the chance before in her life to speak out. Maybe she fears the police.

We can't judge her and shouldn't until we are told there's a reason to, IMO. As of now, she's a victim who has lost everything.

I'm not judging her. I just said that right now she's innocent. I also said that I don't know the reason why it's just that I can't imagine not cooperating.

We all have our opinions and as I said, "obviously I can't imagine what this feels like" so I can't put myself in her shoes.

It just doesn't feel right to me... nothing bad against Mom... that's just my opinion.

Maybe she has told LE all she knows and doesn't want to talk about it anymore, and maybe she had nothing much to tell LE anyhow if she was asleep when everything that happened did? And i would think her lawyer is advising her as well.

Maybe she has. I was just offering up my opinion. Nothing bad against Mom. I just want to know who is speaking up for Sherin. Within the family.

Maybe she has. I was just offering up my opinion. Nothing bad against Mom. I just want to know who is speaking up for Sherin. Within the family.

Yes i see what you're saying, and i don't know how they can speak for Sherin now? What would they say? Unless they know of something to do with her death? There have been vigils and there will be a funeral to arrange if the little one found is Sherin and that still has to be confirmed. We have read MSM articles about Sherin's short little life from India to America and her adoption, and the orphanage she resided in previously.
And perhaps her family is too distraught to speak publicly, and they might not even be able to speak english properly, i just don't know either.

I have a feeling that the body was in really bad condition and that is the reason for the hold up in the official ID, medical examiner may need dental or DNA proof to make an official confirmation and for whatever reason that is taking longer than we expect/want? I would expect that there is a lot of pressure to make zero mistakes, so that there aren't any straws for WMs lawyer to grasp at in the trial against him.

While she was missing we've had several rainy days, and temperatures in the high 90s, even with the culvert being shielded from the worst of the heat, it would have been wet/muddy and warm.

Yes i see what you're saying, and i don't know how they can speak for Sherin now? What would they say? Unless they know of something to do with her death? There have been vigils and there will be a funeral to arrange if the little one found is Sherin and that still has to be confirmed. We have read MSM articles about Sherin's short little life from India to America and her adoption, and the orphanage she resided in previously.

They can't. It's too late. She was failed. But she still deserves justice.
The only people who are going to be able to tell the true story and get justice for Sherin are the people that were in that house that night. They can still do what she deserves after her death. It's the least she deserves.

l agree with you, Ana. Something is off. Hopeful for more information today.

l can't stop thinking of this sweet girl. The day the remains were found, my youngest daughter turned 3. Bittersweet. l gave her extra hugs and kisses for Sherin.

She's reportedly an RN.

This is the only thing I could see her being arrested for, but they would have to prove she knew.

"Failure to report suspected child abuse or neglect is a Class A Misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment of up to one year and/or a fine of up to $4,000."

"All persons are required to make the report immediately, and individuals who are licensed or certified by the state or who work for an agency or facility licensed or certified by the state and have contact with children as a result of their normal duties, such as teachers, nurses, doctors, and day-care employees, must report the abuse or neglect within 48 hours'

https://www.smu.edu/ola/BriefingPapers/DutytoReportSuspectedChildAbuseintheStateofTexas

Does the law cover non-professional settings? Does a nurse who sees a parent swat a kid in the supermarket have a higher legal obligation than the clerk? Vis a vis familial knowledge (or suspicion--which is how such laws are typically worded) are there conflicting considerations (wife being required to give testimony against husband? PTSD? Being a co-victim?)?

I would also suggest that where a family system is dysfunctional (which in my mind includes abusive parenting), all family members tend to be affected, with denial being a huge symptom.

In the current case, I do not know if there has been an ongoing pattern. We know about prior CPS involvement, but we don't know what it was about, and the possibilities range from CPS having provided the home study (or follow-up reporting) in conjunction with the adoption all the way through reported and investigated suspicions that came up with nothing to an actual finding with resulting court action that required something like a parenting class. We have no information that leads me to believe that there has ever been a removal of either child.

All of which is to say, I do not know if there was something reportable. Or if Sherin was beaten. A child that age and size could be fatally injured by shaking, which is very common and consistent with parents experiencing high stress coupled with unreasonable expectations of the child. "Colicky" children face a higher risk, particularly in very young and unprepared parents because they tend to cry and cannot be soothed--hooking into parental feelings of being overwhelmed, of being rejected by the child, etc. etc. The risk factors I just cited are not about a prior record of violent behavior. All of which is to say, maybe there was nothing to report--before this happened.

l agree with you, Ana. Something is off. Hopeful for more information today.

l can't stop thinking of this sweet girl. The day the remains were found, my youngest daughter turned 3. Bittersweet. l gave her extra hugs and kisses for Sherin.

Painfully bittersweet. I hope your little one had a beautiful day. (This makes me think of little Sherin standing on that chair while singing happy birthday... :( )

Me too. It's been a long wait already.

Members of the surrounding churches were invited to the vigil last week. They all declined. Nice bunch.

I don't know the source for that info (that churches were invited to a vigil and declined), however Maria Guerrero has reported that the family's church has been targeted by some ugly accusations and possible threats. Others, who may well be praying, may be reluctant to engage in public events that draw them into some heated controversy.

They can't. It's too late. She was failed. But she still deserves justice.
The only people who are going to be able to tell the true story and get justice for Sherin are the people in that house. They can still do what she deserves after her death. It's the least she deserves.

Could you please clarify what you mean by the 'people in that house'? Are you talking about the parents, or were other people living in the house as well?

Could you please clarify what you mean by the 'people in that house'? Are you talking about the parents, or were other people living in the house as well?

The parents. I thought no one else but the parents and the two children lived there?

I don't know the source for that info (that churches were invited to a vigil and declined), however Maria Guerrero has reported that the family's church has been targeted by some ugly accusations and possible threats. Others, who may well be praying, may be reluctant to engage in public events that draw them into some heated controversy.

Wow, didn't know that, how awful for the church.

If Dad admits he was the last to see Sherin, and he wasn’t currently being held in jail, why wouldn’t they request for HIM identify the body/clothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The parents. I thought no one else but the parents and the two children lived there?

That's why i asked you if there were others living in the house. We know the parents lived there. The father is in prison, and SM isn't a suspect.
Maybe i misunderstood your post.

You know, I might be in the minority but I think Mathews is covering for someone else.

He’s going to take the fall because 1) he actually loved Sherin and is heartbroken 2) misguided sense of responsibility 3) guilt for keeping her when others didn’t want her.. and for not stopping an escalating situation 4) he helped cover it up and now there’s no way out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there evidence of this anywhere?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's why i asked you if there were others living in the house. We know the parents lived there. The father is in prison, and SM isn't a suspect.
Maybe i misunderstood you post.

He wasn't in prison that night. And just because Sini isn't a suspect doesn't mean she can't tell the story. She could be completely innocent and still be able to tell LE exactly what happened.

Ok... the people in the house - i.e. the people who were there that night are able to tell the true story about what happened and that way justice can be served... that's what I mean.

My son (who also has issues growing) loves breast milk.
However he will only take it straight from the source.
We have tried 12 kinds of juice, cows milk, goats milk, all the nuts milks, soy milk, lactose free milk, chocolate milk, protein shakes, pediasure, orgain shakes, pediasmart and breast milk in a cup.
He simply will not drink anything except water out of a cup. Usually ICE water.
Sherin could have liked MILK... but disliked Pediasure sure, or her protein shake, or whatever it was they were giving her.

Absolutely, I could tell you if the clothes were something my children owned. Even if I didn't know what they were wearing at the time. I am so hoping that the Mom had nothing to do with this and no idea what happened. I don't want this surviving little girl to lose her entire nuclear family.

I get the idea... but it's a much different situation. She will be well cared for. In the orphanages the kids don't get enough food or medical care. It can be extremely dire over there. Many have to learn how to cry when they come home. After years of cries being ignored they simple stop crying.

At least this little girl will have all of those immediate needs met, even if she'd prefer to be with her Mom. I can't even imagine being Mom. I don't understand why she agreed to the hearing delay. I would have been demanding it now and saying I was done with the husband.

That's what I'm struggling with the most here. When you look at pictures of Sherin before she was adopted... this family did great things for her! She was growing, thriving, developing, HAPPY and healthy. So what happened here? :gaah:

RE: Mom agreeing to the delay. I don't put too much importance on that. Not much was likely to come out of that hearing in any case. CPS was not going to recommend a change in placement, certainly not back to Mom, without a whole lot of new confirmation of substantial change since the initial removal. The best hoped for outcome was to place her with relative/friend already known to the child. Again, not gonna happen without some processing. Pretty sure Dad has a right to counsel, which means the Judge isn't going to force the case forward prematurely. So agreeing to give him time to get counsel is really pretty meaningless, particularly given the agreement by CPS to home study the relative/friend's home for a possible change in placement. Which is the sort of thing her attorney would be explaining to her with a recommendation to agree.

He wasn't in prison that night. And just because Sini isn't a suspect doesn't mean she can't tell the story. She could be completely innocent and still be able to tell LE exactly what happened.

Ok... the people in the house - i.e. the people who were there that night are able to tell the true story about what happened and that way justice can be served... that's what I mean.

BBM, I'm sure SM was initially questioned by LE and that's where we know that she said she was asleep and wouldn't of known what her husband did that caused Sherin to go missing? They would of taken statements from her as to what happened that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member