Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.26.17 - Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
Cronin is openly crying on the stand. Can barely talk. That was the rap he saw in the garage. #Babcock"

I feel for this witness. Good on him for coming forward to his principal.

SnooperDuper, the blog is very quiet with long pauses today, unlike yesterday. Is it just Lisa Hepfner that you're transcribing? If so, I can take over for a bit if you want a break.

He reported it yet the police still did not investigate Laura s disappearance. I think that they probably did incinerate her and then threw the ashes in the lake.

Shannon Martin's Twitter

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 37m37 minutes ago
Okay we are rolling now. Crown has called David Cronin, 2, another of Smich's friends who was in the garage along with Desi Liberatore.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 35m35 minutes ago
Cronin is a former heroin addict, got hooked at 18. He's been clean for two years.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 31m31 minutes ago
Cronin is now going through that incident in the garage. Smich "told us how he killed a girl, and threw her body in a lake."

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 28m28 minutes ago
Cronin describes iPad Smich used. During opening statements, the Crown said it was Babcock's ipad, a gift from her former bf Shawn Lerner

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 24m24 minutes ago
Judge asks Cronin to repeat Smich's words from the garage...

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 24m24 minutes ago
Cronin repeats Smich said he "killed a girl, burned a body, and disposed of it in a lake....After that he sang us a rap song about it."

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 23m23 minutes ago
Cronin says he's only met Millard "vaguely." Calls him Del.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 19m19 minutes ago
Crown now plays the video of Smich rapping. He finishes the verse then we see a massive marijuana joint and his girlfriend Marlena's face

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 18m18 minutes ago
Cronin is now crying very heavily on the stand. He's never seen the video but he says it's the same rap he heard in 2012.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 17m17 minutes ago
Laura Babcock's mother also dabs her eyes with some tissues after Cronin's emotional display.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 18m18 minutes ago
We are taking a 10 minute recess.

SnooperDuper, the blog is very quiet with long pauses today, unlike yesterday. Is it just Lisa Hepfner that you're transcribing? If so, I can take over for a bit if you want a break.

Sure, but I'll be here too. I added Martin and Dunn back into my Twitter list and you can follow everyone from there?

Why didn't the Toronto police investigate Laura s disappearance they were even now given information about a video about killing someone. unbelievable, they did nothing.

Lisa Hepfner's coverage seems to be a lot more detailed. These guys are guilty in my opinion. I feel bad for Laura's family having to listen to this.

Why didn't the Toronto police investigate Laura s disappearance they were even now given information about a video about killing someone. unbelievable, they did nothing.

He gave his statement in May 2013 - I believe that is around when they re-opened their investigation into her?

Sure, but I'll be here too. I added Martin and Dunn back into my Twitter list and you can follow everyone from there?

Sounds good. Let me know if you want to jump back in. I'll quote it all in the original purple you had been using.

I find that unbelieveable too. Shame on the Toronto Police.

Because she was a drug user and sex worker. The LE responsible for this should be ashamed, they could have saved a life. Bad bad policing.

He gave his statement in May 2013 - I believe that is around when they re-opened their investigation into her?

It should have never been closed. Maybe if the police did their jobs Tim Bosma would be alive today.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Dungey now up for #Smich, questioning Cronin about drug use, which started at the age 14. Hard drugs at 17-18. Pain killers then heroin

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago
Jury is back in the courtroom now after a brief recess. Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey is now questioning David Cronin.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Cronin used heroin for about a year. Never injected, only snorted. He was afraid of needles. Was around whe Desi Liberatore did heroin

The medication was oxycontin. Cronin went straight to heroin from that. "I was never a big weed smoker." Dungey keeps asking about this.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 30s31 seconds ago
Cronin doesn't remember if the three friends walked to #Smich house together the night of the video. He did not do drugs before going over

DC is saying that he first went to LE about LB in May 2013, which is when DM was arrested for the (then) kidnapping of TB. LE laid charges in the LB and WM cases soon after.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 34s34 seconds ago
The trio hung out after high school every day, Cronin says. He can't remember specifically what happened before they were in #Smich garage

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 6s6 seconds ago
He thinks they arrived at #Smich house around 8:30pm that night. Dungey suggests they met Mark at a convenience store first.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 11s11 seconds ago
Dungey is poking at his credibilty. "I'd like a straight answer. Where did you meet?" Cronin is getting defensive about his memory.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
"You're trying to confuse me here and say oh he was high. That's not the case," Cronin says. He was 15 at the time.

This witness is holding his own in cross, and Dungey seems to be paying Defense Lawyer 101 - attempting to trip these 2 witnesses up with memories.

DC is saying that he first went to LE about LB in May 2013, which is when DM was arrested for the (then) kidnapping of TB. LE laid charges in the LB and WM cases soon after.

Yeah but Laura's boyfriend was trying to get the police to look for her shortly after she vanished and the police pretty much did nothing.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Cronin says the joint they smoked in the garage was "not a blunt, not that big. It was rolling papers, right?" Dungey said it was cigar-size

They didn't just go to #Smich for marijuana... he sold it to them sometimes but usually they just smoked it together, Cronin says.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 27s27 seconds ago
Cronin told police #Smich only gave them weed, didn't sell it to them. $10 for a gram, he says, not enough to make purchase.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 13s13 seconds ago
#Smich girlfriend Marlena was often at the house when the friends were there, Cronin says.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 22s22 seconds ago
Cronin sees in his prior statement that he did meet #Smich at the Daisy Mart before going to his house, and agrees Dungey was right.

i cannot believe what the Toronto did, they should feel ashamed. They get paid well enough and this is how they treat a report of suspicious disappearance of a young woman. They say that the public don't come forward but this young kid did report something . This is really damning for the police, if they had done their job maybe Tim Bosma would be alive still and his little girl would have a father.

Simple. They're lazy, useless civil servants, that won't lift a finger until something is obvious and staring them in the face. We don't need you then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value