Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #4

Yes, that’s what I’ve been wondering. I’ve tried looking on her FB friends for some connection to the driver or Corona or Kugar, but it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack. I think, rather than being threatened or bribed, she would have to be a friend of someone to do this.

My latest thought is that she either is, or is a friend of, the college student (and family) Jenny stayed with for several days too long and wrote so disparagingly about. If it only came to the attention of the witness recently, it might be a motive for revenge of sorts. Far-fetched again, and I haven’t found anything definite and couldn’t bring it here even if I had.

Oh how I wish I hadn't seen this message. I have things to do today!

I looked at her friends and I did not see a connection either. But one of her friends was a student of tourism, which got me thinking... I wondered if that friend had a connection to our "Zipolite Hostel" witness in Oaxaca (if you remember, LMN said that he saw Jenny at the hostel and she told him she was headed back to Mexico City). I do not have time to look deeper for THAT connection, however I did look at the friends list of LMN, and he is friends with a relative of the Kugar driver. I recognized her right away. Could be coincidence. I need to get going, but will look further when I get a chance.

For your reference:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/605801006261614/

(Edited to add that LMN is affiliated with the tourism industry, which is why I thought there may be a link)

JRs PI needs to look into this very thing. That's what he should have already been doing.

JRs PI needs to look into this very thing. That's what he should have already been doing.

Possibly that’s the “research” JR said they needed to do before posting fliers. I hope so, but it’s labor intensive.

Oh how I wish I hadn't seen this message. I have things to do today!

I looked at her friends and I did not see a connection either. But one of her friends was a student of tourism, which got me thinking... I wondered if that friend had a connection to our "Zipolite Hostel" witness in Oaxaca (if you remember, LMN said that he saw Jenny at the hostel and she told him she was headed back to Mexico City). I do not have time to look deeper for THAT connection, however I did look at the friends list of LMN, and he is friends with a relative of the Kugar driver. I recognized her right away. Could be coincidence. I need to get going, but will look further when I get a chance.

For your reference:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/605801006261614/

(Edited to add that LMN is affiliated with the tourism industry, which is why I thought there may be a link)

What I never understood about LMN is that he saw her at the hostel in Oaxaca, she said friends were waiting for her in Mexico City, but Jenny was asking about cheaper buses from Mexico City. Perhaps he got “from” mixed up with “to”?

What I never understood about LMN is that he saw her at the hostel in Oaxaca, she said friends were waiting for her in Mexico City, but Jenny was asking about cheaper buses from Mexico City. Perhaps he got “from” mixed up with “to”?

I think you're right, he got his prepositions mixed up. Elsewhere on the HFJ page (under a post by a visitor dated 4/26), he wrote in Spanish and I think it was clearer. He said he met her in Oaxaca on the 9th, and that she said she'd be there two days, then go to Mexico City.
"...yo hablé con ella el 9 en Oaxaca dijo que estaría dos días y después iría al DF."

I’m curious about JR releasing this video from the FB page of the witness...after pretty much apologizing for outing her by name previously and taking that post down. Has she refused to contact his PI as requested, and is this his way of putting pressure on her? Or has he decided that it was all a scam?

I’m curious about JR releasing this video from the FB page of the witness...after pretty much apologizing for outing her by name previously and taking that post down. Has she refused to contact his PI as requested, and is this his way of putting pressure on her? Or has he decided that it was all a scam?

I'm curious, too.

Do we know how long jenny was in Mexico City? The family she stayed with who had a problem with her...that was in Mexico City? That was mid-March. There is a photo dated 3/31 on her Weibo where she is lunching with a pair of "college students". I was wondering if she was still there. Interesting thought on your part that Jenny may have met other friends of the 19-year old university student of that family she stayed with, and this witness could be one of them. Hmmm!

I'm curious, too.

Do we know how long jenny was in Mexico City? The family she stayed with who had a problem with her...that was in Mexico City? That was mid-March. There is a photo dated 3/31 on her Weibo where she is lunching with a pair of "college students". I was wondering if she was still there. Interesting thought on your part that Jenny may have met other friends of the 19-year old university student of that family she stayed with, and this witness could be one of them. Hmmm!

:gaah: I just lost a detailed timeline post trying to get fancy with cut and paste. To recap...

Using her Weibo, which pretty much parallels her deleted FB posts, and keeping in mind that she didn’t always post in real time, unless she says “today,” I think Jenny arrived in Mexico City around 3/3 and left for Oaxaca about 4/3 or earlier. So the photo with the two college students posted on 3/31 was likely in Mexico City.

She seems to have stayed with the unidentifed college girl’s family from 3/13-17 when they kicked her out. She stayed in a hostel and couchsurfed until leaving on a free bus of farm workers for Oaxaca. She posted about that 4/4, but that’s the day she said “today” she was almost raped while hitchhiking “deep in the mountain” so I think she arrived in Oaxaca before 4/4.

Her last posts were on 4/5, when she says she plans to hitchhike from Oaxaca to Cancun. LMN says she asked him on 4/9 about cheap buses to/from? Mexico City and indicated she had friends waiting there for her and was leaving Oaxaca in 2 days. That would be 4/11, which is the day the PI says she hitched a ride on a cement truck to Lagunas Crossing and wrote her name in the storekeeper’s notebook. And disappeared 4/12. Why were there no posts from 4/6-4/10 in Oaxaca? Did she really plan to go to Mexico City? I doubt it.

https://m.weibo.cn/u/1723208662

No disrespect intended to this serious situation, but...is it just me, or are others expecting to see Jenny pop up on "The Price is Right" dressed as fuzzy dice or some other impossible scenario. Just sayin'...seems about right.

No disrespect intended to this serious situation, but...is it just me, or are others expecting to see Jenny pop up on "The Price is Right" dressed as fuzzy dice or some other impossible scenario. Just sayin'...seems about right.

Don’t make me snort! :D I can’t speak for JR, members of his group or other WSers, but I certainly don’t expect to see Jenny pop up anywhere, anytime...even though I wish she would. I guess JR has to run down any outlandish lead just to feel that he’s done his best. I can’t fault him for that, but I hope he’s keeping his head on straight and expectations low. And I hope he’s not being jerked around. But I think he is.

I recently scanned through JRs personal FB. I have to say, they were both adventurous, and Jenny seemed to enjoy her husband. She looked happy, with him. jmo

Looking in to another case, I came across numerous FB pages and YouTube posts of "American homeless in Mexico". Given Jenny's seemingly manic behavior prior to her disappearance...this still remains a possibility. Not #1 possibility IMO, but still a worthwhile consideration.

Mexico is on track for its bloodiest year ever – and it’s likely to get worse
Nov 3 2017

Snipped...
...Mexico is currently in the middle of a blood bath. The country has a murder rate of roughly 2,300 homicide victims a month, which translates to a murder every 19 minutes, according to a recent study. If current trends keep up, Mexico is set to end the year with approximately 28,000 murders — its highest number ever — surpassing the morbid 2011 record, when the drug war was thought to have reached its apex.

https://thinkprogress.org/mexico-cartel-problems-06b404748655/

Another update from the Find Jenny Page:

Update 11/7/2017
I am sad to say we have had NO progress since I met with the witness who claimed they saw Jenny in Mexico City. This person has unfortunately refused to respond to my investigator, and now ignores me. I don't understand why someone would do this. I now doubt everything she said to me. I am now going to focus on the Corona truck driver, and work on getting him properly interrogated by the police. This will cost me money, and I will be starting a new page "justice for Jenny" to raise funds.
I have not given up on the witness, and hope her and her friends will come around to help.

Another update from the Find Jenny Page:

Update 11/7/2017
I am sad to say we have had NO progress since I met with the witness who claimed they saw Jenny in Mexico City. This person has unfortunately refused to respond to my investigator, and now ignores me. I don't understand why someone would do this. I now doubt everything she said to me. I am now going to focus on the Corona truck driver, and work on getting him properly interrogated by the police. This will cost me money, and I will be starting a new page "justice for Jenny" to raise funds.
I have not given up on the witness, and hope her and her friends will come around to help.

How sad and discouraging for JR. Not unexpected IMO, but sad and cruel nonetheless. What will be interesting is if the witness pops back up when he puts the heat on the truck driver. I wonder what her end game was.

So I tried finding the account and couldn't bring up anything. Weird.

<snipped for focus>

On a semi-positive note, JR made it to his court date today (from last year's sting). I really didn't think he would. Last continuance filed for next month. I'm not sure how this type of case usually ends up, but do you think he'll get time for this? It would be good to know incase the HFJ page goes dormant for a while.

Following up on this post from 10/04: Pretrial hearing is tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. No more continuances. I wonder what will happen.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back