Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll

Is is a sad state of affairs that the actions of 1 man (that we know at this time) could potentially negatively impact the possibility of other children having the opportunity to find a good loving forever home outside the country. The domino effect could be chilling before this is over.

I would hate to think that this could end up dooming more children to frowning up in orphanages. While I know we need to do all we can to prevent this from happening to more little Sherin’s it is also the exception not the rule for adoptions.

Most adoptive parents are amazing loving people who would move heaven and earth for thief children. There are always bad apples in everything. The statistics are much worse for bio children being harmed by a parent than adoptive. There is also a nasty anti adoptive current running through society that paints adoptive parents with a broad ugly brush. Not everyone should have children regardless of how they get them.

I received my children lots of ways. I have birth, married into, fostered and adopted. None of that matters they are “ALL” my children. The old ones the young on, the good ones the not so good one, the autistic one, the single ones the married ones, the ones that snore and the ones that don’t. They are my children. Not step, adoptive and bio. My 2 oldest daughters were born 1 day apart to different mothers and different fathers in different states. They convinced everyone on their world that they were not only twins but identical. I never thought they look that much alike but they convinced a high school teacher that they were conjoined twins that had been separated but they still had to sit together to do their work. They said it was that they shared part of a their brain. LOL

Children are a blessing, a gift and darn hard work and worth every bit of effort required. A lot of parenting isn’t easy but one thing is sure, they are easy to love. [emoji173]️
Just love!!!!! [emoji173]

Thank you for all you have done and continue to do for all of your babies!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm also wondering if food was withheld from her unless she drank her milk first. How many hours was this child possibly made to sit there until she drank her milk? Maybe he got tired of it and force fed her and then just smothered her? I'm just thinking out loud and this is just my opinion. But, if this scenario is even a little bit true, everyone in that house would have known about it. JMO

What if it wasn't that she had gotten up at 3 am, but had been up until 3 am in this battle of wills over eating?

Yes, that is how I see him, too. I've been out of town for a few days without any kind of computer so I apologize if this has already been brought up. While I was away, a scenario came to me. I know people mentioned that LE took a receipt from Costco, and how people were saying they sell sedatives in big bottles there. What if.....WS had been wooing little Sherin all this time and decided it was time. What if he put a sedative in that milk that night -- and woke her up to drink it in the garage. Then he would have gotten angry at her refusal to drink it so he poured id down her throat. I tell ya -- if he did anything like that, I sure hope that milk and whatever is still in the tissues of that body so they can find it. I agree that there is a lot more to this whole thing. I hope her body gives a lot of information.

Could it have been as simple as she didn’t like the type of food being prepared at home or the way it was prepared?

I am not an authority on Indian cuisine but most of what I have experienced has been very spicy and a lot of curry (which is not my favorite spice). When my oldest was little I was convinced that she did not like spaghetti. Then I found out when she went to a restaurant without me she ordered spaghetti. I was dumbfounded. I had always packer her a lunch for school when they had spaghetti again because she wouldn’t eat it at home. Then one morning she asked for lunch money and said I was packing her lunch because it was spaghetti day. She replied that she loved spaghetti she just didn’t like mine. When I asked why she said that I didn’t make it right. Mine wasn’t brown and it wall all lumpy. Brown spaghetti sauce? After that little pang of hurt feelings went away I began to giggle. You see I made spaghetti sauce from scratch with all the garlic, onions, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and spices. What she wanted was brown bland nearly meatless meat sauce. In the future I put some of my sauce in the food processor or blender for her and she began to enjoy my red sauce too. LOL Sometimes the most difficult problems have the simplest answers.

This made me laugh. And so true. As many posters have said, kids are weird! :)

I did think of the changes in cuisine/spices from India to America, or even just one household to the next. She was still getting used to solid food when it was all changed on her.

I have a friend who adopted two children from the foster system (siblings) here in the U.S. The younger one was a baby (but not a newborn) and had sooo many eating problems for at least 4 years. She had to take him to feeding therapy at the children's hospital and everything. It was so incredibly frustrating. I can't imagine adding a new international cuisine on top of it.

I looked at the first link you posted, but since only India media wrote about the info, and I didn't see anything reported on the same in US media, I dismissed it. I wonder though, if the info reported in the India media is from the follow up on the adoption, because CPS would not release their records.

Fwiw, I do tend to dismiss msm when only one source is reporting.

The info about her adoption check-ups has been reported in multiple places.
Since the reports were submitted to India, I think that is why the info from the reports is coming from India.
This is Deccan Chronical (Asian) http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...d-eating-issues-us-child-adoption-agency.html
This is SF Chronicle, and they reference the number of post-adoption checks that should be done in the first and second year of an adoption, but do not talk about the contents: http://www.sfchronicle.com/news/tex...dian-toddler-found-dead-in-Texas-12310769.php

Sherin was doing more than squinting. Her left eye was crossed. Which can be a neurological issue.

Could be a reason she was originally found dumped in a bush. Bioparents realized she had issues with her eye.

Isn't it call first and then start CPR? If I remember correctly. It's been awhile for me.

In this case he should have said Sherin is choking and tried to clear her airway, when he couldn't he should have scooped her up ran in the house shouting for help and to call 911 and laid her on a hard surface, he should have tried to scoop her throat to check for an obstruction etc and instead of checking for a pulse he should have began CPR including assisted breathing, even if her heart s beating and she was breathing shallow.... Many people don't realize you Can assist breathing and the heart beat before either stop completely... Of course we don't know his full statement or if CPR or life saving attempts occurred. We just assume from the warrant they didn't. He may have attempted CPR and when she stopped breathing anyway and her heart stopped, panicked and removed her body... Which could be why the charge was for injury and not murder. I expect if they can't prove murder they will add disposal of a body to his charges....

I agree. Seriously? The "community" wants control over Sherin's body? I can't even. This seems like a new kind of vengeance by petition in order to punish people instead of letting LE do their job. Like leaving milk cartons on the Mathews' porch. What's the purpose other than making strangers feel better?

http://cw33.com/2017/10/25/community-wants-sherin-mathews-body-to-not-go-back-to-the-family/

Father Thomas needs to shut up. No matter how I personally feel about SM, the fact is that she is Sherin's mother until information to the contrary is released. For him to reduce an adopted child and her parents to the level of "ain't momma unless the child popped out of her belly" mentality (note - he didn't say that, I'm just translating what his quote in the article sounded like to me) diminishes the role of loving, caring adoptive parents. Is that what he really meant?

Anyway, I looked at the petition. Note who actually filed it - another person trying to insert himself into Sherin's case. Please folks, let LE do their work. MOO.
It'll never happen. To think that her body would be released to complete strangers is just odd.

Let's forget about her actual relatives for a moment - what about her actual "church family"? People that knew her and loved her. Wouldn't that be the next logical group?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sherin was doing more than squinting. Her left eye was crossed. Which can be a neurological issue.
It may not have been at the time of the adoption, though. I can't tell much from the video of her adoption day. My niece was born with normal eyes and then developed a wandering eye around first or second grade. They thought it was going to be a problem but it ended up going back to normal at some point.

Anyway, the point is that depending on the cause and the individual, these things can present later and can sometimes be fixed. So the orphanage could very well have been telling the truth.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Perhaps Sherin was having difficulty eating at home because she was being rewarded with food she liked after having something happen to her that she didn't like. Abuse of some kind. But outside the home she got to eat just because it was time to eat.

Plus, her speech development was likely improving, and we know how people don't like it when children reach an age where they can talk about what happens at home.

I had read this somewhere, back when it was the parents were talking about her being undernourished and having speech and vision issues .. Her former caregiver said she was small but ate well, and probably had to learn the language here. As for her eyes, one is a bit smaller than the other, is the only problem, but it was enough to get her listed on a special type of list, as they feared it would cause her to be ovwelooked.. Im going on memory but I believe the caretaker about Sherin"s eye, b/c a friend of ours adopted an unadoptable a baby from Korea, and the reason she was passed over was because she had a "port wine" type of birthmark covering a portion of her back. Sherin"s parents also changed her name.. My grandchild's parents have adopted and you can legally change the children's first name. How confusing would that be for a child? Such a happy looking little girl and she never had a chance.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am not from India, but I was told by someone from India that they will not allow you to adopt a child if you already have a biological child and that if a child has special needs, that "rule" is disregarded. Dont know if that is the case here.

I don't know who this Father Thomas is (or thinks he is,) but he weirds me out. Thinking you can actually retain custody...for lack of better words...of a deceased child with signatures, is beyond bizarre. I honestly think he is just an eccentric dude who found that people will listen to him and he's making it up as he goes. Not credible, and maybe a few cards short of a deck.

I think he knows you CANT he just is enjoying the attention and followers
JMO
:mickey:

This made me laugh. And so true. As many posters have said, kids are weird! :)

I did think of the changes in cuisine/spices from India to America, or even just one household to the next. She was still getting used to solid food when it was all changed on her.

I have a friend who adopted two children from the foster system (siblings) here in the U.S. The younger one was a baby (but not a newborn) and had sooo many eating problems for at least 4 years. She had to take him to feeding therapy at the children's hospital and everything. It was so incredibly frustrating. I can't imagine adding a new international cuisine on top of it.

Respectfully, the cuisine might not have been changed all that much since the adoptive parents were Indian. JMO, Indian cuisine is some of the best in the world!! I think it highly unlikely that the parents would change their food preferences just because they were U. S. citizens.

Eating disorders also can develop when a child is being abused and is in a stressful situation inside of their home.

Respectfully, the cuisine might not have been changed all that much since the adoptive parents were Indian. JMO, Indian cuisine is some of the best in the world!! I think it highly unlikely that the parents would change their food preferences just because they were U. S. citizens.

I agree, but we don't know what the kids were being fed at the orphanage. Could have been bland porridge for all we know.

And I'll respectfully disagree with you about Indian cuisine! I love learning about the culture, but I've never gotten into the food. Lots of folks love it though!

I considered this as well, but then thought about the simple differences between producers. For example, in India groceries may have been purchased at fresh markets and vendors where in the USA the same spices and ingredients, unless available at a type of farmers market, are more likely quite processed with long expiry dates and MSG and such in them.

I am in Canada and use myfitnesspal app for food tracking because i suck at getting enough calories, anyway, I have noticed that if i type in a brand of food or drink and don't put "Canada" along with it, that the label for the US one is often different in both the nutrition label but also in the ingredients list. So, if it varies that much from here to there I can't imagine what it is like from overseas to the US, even within the same brand.

Children also have extremely sensitive taste buds compared to adults, which is why kids will often notice things like a store brand vs their normal brand when we say they taste the same...

Just my thought that even if they cooked her favorite foods from the orphanage, using the same recipes, the ingredients themselves may simply have altered the taste just enough to be unpleasant to Sherin...

I imagine this is also a huge reason why people from other countries get so excited to go back for visits and often list that they can't wait for their favorite foods, not lack of availability here, but the taste just being slightly different.

I considered this as well, but then thought about the simple differences between producers. For example, in India groceries may have been purchased at fresh markets and vendors where in the USA the same spices and ingredients, unless available at a type of farmers market, are more likely quite processed with long expiry dates and MSG and such in them.

I am in Canada and use myfitnesspal app for food tracking because i suck at getting enough calories, anyway, I have noticed that if i type in a brand of food or drink and don't put "Canada" along with it, that the label for the US one is often different in both the nutrition label but also in the ingredients list. So, if it varies that much from here to there I can't imagine what it is like from overseas to the US, even within the same brand.

Children also have extremely sensitive taste buds compared to adults, which is why kids will often notice things like a store brand vs their normal brand when we say they taste the same...

Just my thought that even if they cooked her favorite foods from the orphanage, using the same recipes, the ingredients themselves may simply have altered the taste just enough to be unpleasant to Sherin...

I imagine this is also a huge reason why people from other countries get so excited to go back for visits and often list that they can't wait for their favorite foods, not lack of availability here, but the taste just being slightly different.

That is true. Here in the DFW area there are lots of Indian food restaurants & I have only been to one that I actually like. In the past there have been a couple of others that went out of business, but only one now that tastes like the Indian food I have had in Europe.

I agree, but we don't know what the kids were being fed at the orphanage. Could have been bland porridge for all we know.

And I'll respectfully disagree with you about Indian cuisine! I love learning about the culture, but I've never gotten into the food. Lots of folks love it though!

Another thought is the orphanage said she loved milk, but also continued to say that they only had enough for a certain number of kids, so its likely that milk was a special and coveted treat there. And yes, they definitely would have been feeding the children cheaply. From what I have seen in "traditional Indian recipes" they seem to often call for a TON of different spices and steps for preparation. I can't imagine that an orphanage that can't provide milk to every child daily, would be able to spend a bunch of time or money on spices and ultra traditional foods, especially as they would need to be making large quantities that fit into as many childrens dietary needs as possible. So, low cost, high nutrition and high calories with little quantity and little prep and cleanup. Just speculation of course as I've never seen the inside of an orphanage.

IMO the orphanage saying she didn't have eating problems is not relevant to her now, as it appears in her photos from before adoption that she doesn't have the chunky arms, chubby cheeks, little elbow rolls etc that most babies who are truly thriving have. In the year the Mathews had her her hair grew several inches by pictures, and looks to be very thick, shiny and healthy in comparison to her orphanage photos, plus recent photos also show the little elbow dimples and 'baby fat" on her arms and she has chubby little cheeks etc. So, her diet was IMO much better after leaving the orphanage than it was there. I imagine they portioned things out there based on what they had and it was enough to get the kids through, not to make them thrive. A fed child doesn't mean its not a hungry child and if there isn't enough for seconds the child clearly won't get them...

Who knows if we will ever find out if Sherin had a genuine diagnosis here or not for her food, but based on her photos I would guess that she was likely just exerting personality and refusing food because she finally could, and not because of a disorder. Again JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member