Identified! Tx - Galveston, Hispmale 'little Jacob' Up17178, 3-5, Jayden Alexander Lopez, Oct'17 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Bo , if its only 24hrs our boy was in the ocean, then i dont think the body moved very far .
The current may have been responsible for a few kilometres movement but i doubt it would be far .( I will go and see if theres more information about that ?)
With a southeast wind blowing (on 20th) im thinking that means that the body was blown into shore from the ocean, not land .

Bo im a little bit confused about this question so skipped it for now .

Quote :"His estimated time of immersion (t) is approximately 24 hours.
So, if into the Gulf from the shore could that event have occurred as late as the time that the first high tide was receding and before sunrise on the 20th, ie, 3:49am and 7:24am?"

Thanks met. I meant could he have gone into the water from land as late as the morning of the 20th (when the high tide was going out)?

Sorry if I'm slow here but the title of this thread now says "floating near beach" (or did it always say that? But per NCMEC, he was "found washed up on the beach." Do we know for sure which one it is? I may have missed the confirmation.

Thanks Bo , if its only 24hrs our boy was in the ocean, then i dont think the body moved very far .
The current may have been responsible for a few kilometres movement but i doubt it would be far .( I will go and see if theres more information about that ?)
With a southeast wind blowing (on 20th) im thinking that means that the body was blown into shore from the ocean, not land .

RSBM.

You’re right about the onshore SE wind:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Source:

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

Sorry if I'm slow here but the title of this thread now says "floating near beach" (or did it always say that? But per NCMEC, he was "found washed up on the beach." Do we know for sure which one it is? I may have missed the confirmation.

Confusing isn’t it? I’d say the NamUs Case Report (below) is the more accurate as details are from ME/LE AFAIK.

‘Case Report - NamUs UP # 17178

Date last modified
November 01, 2017 10:43

Circumstances

This child was found floating in the Gulf of Mexico about 60 feet from shore in the 715 Blk.of Seawall Blv. In Galveston Texas on 10/20/17 at about 5:43 PM.’

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/17178

Confusing isn’t it? I’d say the NamUs Case Report (below) is the more accurate as details are from ME/LE AFAIK.

Date last modified

Circumstances

This child was found floating in the Gulf of Mexico about 60 feet from shore in the 715 Blk.of Seawall Blv. In Galveston Texas on 10/20/17 at about 5:43 PM.’

Thanks Bohemian, it is. Desperate for a presser now, times ticking and the information is becoming more and more confusing.

Thanks Bohemian, it is. Desperate for a presser now, times ticking and the information is becoming more and more confusing.

Yes, me too AP. It’s about 9:30pm here so that means it’s 5:30am in TX. I hope there’ll be some news when I wake up tomorrow.

Got a message from Namus yesterday that said his profile changed. Looks like they just started processing his DNA sample.

I've been l looking at Mexican missing persons groups on Twitter, and found this little boy who went missing just a few days before our Toddler Doe was found. https://twitter.com/FiscalEdomex/status/926229748547751937

For me it was him being convicted based only on her word... which the evidence didn't match... and because of the last minute adding of lesser charges... which shouldn't have been allowed in the first place.

It's terrifying you can be convicted of killing a child when her mother with a history of losing kids says you did it. I know he wasn't a saint but he's doing a life sentence he doesn't deserve. It makes me sick.

It'd be similar to if Casey had claimed one of her boyfriends killed Caylee... and he was convicted. It just shouldn't be possible to put someone in prison for life on a known liars word. :twocents:

I realize that by being more cautious more people will get away with crimes. However it isn't better to have innocent people incarcerated for crimes they didn't commit. Even if they are ultimately acquitted they are losing years of their lives, families, careers... which can never be regained. There's got to be a better way.

Exactly. He's no angel but I don't believe for one minute that he should have been convicted. It still blows my mind that he was convicted on her word. She's a monster.

I've been l looking at Mexican missing persons groups on Twitter, and found this little boy who went missing just a few days before our Toddler Doe was found. https://twitter.com/FiscalEdomex/status/926229748547751937

Thank you for keeping an eye out for missing children, Kaylara. That little guy is too tall unfortunately. Our Baby Doe has been measured at just 1 metre. I hope Alexander is reunited with his family soon.

I'll keep looking around and post any possible cases I find. I shared the Spanish version of the NCMEC flier with Alameda who has groups in every area of Mexico and focuses on missing people down there, and also with Missing BC who shares Mexican cases. I'm hoping we can get his name back. It doesn't seem likely that he's been reported missing in the US at least. :(

I'll keep looking around and post any possible cases I find. I shared the Spanish version of the NCMEC flier with Alameda who has groups in every area of Mexico and focuses on missing people down there, and also with Missing BC who shares Mexican cases. I'm hoping we can get his name back. It doesn't seem likely that he's been reported missing in the US at least. :(

Thank you Kaylara. I agree, and it’s not likely he’ll ever be reported as missing in the US. Unless he was reported years ago and LE is now investigating those missing children’s cases.

Got a message from Namus yesterday that said his profile changed. Looks like they just started processing his DNA sample.

Thanks for letting us know, Kaylara. At least if they have our little guy’s mt and Y-DNA haplotypes it may be possible to find a match with extended family.

totally with you on this whole thing.

For me it was him being convicted based only on her word... which the evidence didn't match... and because of the last minute adding of lesser charges... which shouldn't have been allowed in the first place.

It's terrifying you can be convicted of killing a child when her mother with a history of losing kids says you did it. I know he wasn't a saint but he's doing a life sentence he doesn't deserve. It makes me sick.

It'd be similar to if Casey had claimed one of her boyfriends killed Caylee... and he was convicted. It just shouldn't be possible to put someone in prison for life on a known liars word. :twocents:

I realize that by being more cautious more people will get away with crimes. However it isn't better to have innocent people incarcerated for crimes they didn't commit. Even if they are ultimately acquitted they are losing years of their lives, families, careers... which can never be regained. There's got to be a better way.

Date last modified

Circumstances

Another confusing thing for me is the reported location of the body. The opening post quotes his body as being found "near the 700 block of Seawall" and "near 7th and Seawall":

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-near-beach-Oct-17&p=13706031#post13706031

The NamUs report states the "715" block (which is likely a typo as these usually end in zeroes). But the confusion for me is that NO 700-block locations appear to also be at Stewart Beach, which also has been consistently reported as the location of the body.

If you go by Bing maps, 700-block addresses (and 7th St) appear to be at Porretto Beach. Stewart Beach appears northeast of 7th St.--the beach's southern end roughly lining up with 5th St. (See green area on map.)

So (help me, locals), is Bing maps wrong, or have the boundary lines perhaps been redrawn between the beaches? In any case, it seems to me that if this little boy was found "near the 700-block" wouldn't it also be true (if at Stewart Beach) that he was found "nearer" to (or in) a more northerly block of Seawall (eg. 500- to 600-block)? If so, why not say that? A minor quibble, I guess, but I don't like to be confused *before* having my coffee in the morning. :eek:

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 223
Another confusing thing for me is the reported location of the body. The opening post quotes his body as being found "near the 700 block of Seawall" and "near 7th and Seawall":

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-near-beach-Oct-17&p=13706031#post13706031

The NamUs report states the "715" block (which is likely a typo as these usually end in zeroes). But the confusion for me is that NO 700-block locations appear to also be at Stewart Beach, which also has been consistently reported as the location of the body.

If you go by Bing maps, 700-block addresses (and 7th St) appear to be at Porretto Beach. Stewart Beach appears northeast of 7th St.--the beach's southern end roughly lining up with 5th St. (See green area on map.)

So (help me, locals), is Bing maps wrong, or have the boundary lines perhaps been redrawn between the beaches? In any case, it seems to me that if this little boy was found "near the 700-block" wouldn't it also be true (if at Stewart Beach) that he was found "nearer" to (or in) a more northerly block of Seawall (eg. 500- to 600-block)? If so, why not say that? A minor quibble, I guess, but I don't like to be confused *before* having my coffee in the morning. :eek:

RSBM.

LOL. Neither do I. :coffeews:

It seems there are a few inconsistencies with this little guy.

Calling Lyssav on this one :)

When the tide is coming in, objects (including bodies) will get pushed up onto the beach, rolled around, then pulled back out, and then back in, repeat until the tide goes out and either leaves the item on the sand or carries it out to sea again.

So you could call it floating near the beach, or washed up, or on the beach, and they're all more or less accurate. I think one of the early reports said he was in the surf.

I think that's also why the variation in reported address. If his poor little body was being moved around like that, it could have been near Stewart Beach when it was first seen and down nearer the 700 block when he was finally recovered.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member