Zach Adams guilty in kidnapping murder of Holly Bobo Sept 23, 2017

Physical evidence lack? No, I don't see that. They had some bones, some belongings.

They had physical evidence that proved nothing, other than the fact HB was dead and some of her belongings were found strewn about the county. But none of that tied ZA or any of the others to her abduction or death. That's the point being made, that in relation to proving any or all of these 4 did it, they had no physical evidence whatsoever.

They didn't find any DNA, fingerprints, or anything else of any of the 4 where the body was found. They didn't find anything to prove HB was ever at SA's, ZA's, the river, or any other place with a connection to any of the 4. The PE can prove where she was abducted from and where her body was found (which is a place with no connection to any of the 4), but that really tells nothing, and certainly no indication from PE that any of the 4 had any role in what happened to her.

Yes, and we know the rape wasn't the worst of it in his mind because he bragged about how he enjoyed that. So what was the worst of it?
MAYBE it was the disposal of the body. Its one thing to pull a trigger which takes a split second, but then you would have to deal with her deceased body...

They had physical evidence that proved nothing, other than the fact HB was dead and some of her belongings were found strewn about the county. But none of that tied ZA or any of the others to her abduction or death. That's the point being made, that in relation to proving any or all of these 4 did it, they had no physical evidence whatsoever.

They didn't find any DNA, fingerprints, or anything else of any of the 4 where the body was found. They didn't find anything to prove HB was ever at SA's, ZA's, the river, or any other place with a connection to any of the 4. The PE can prove where she was abducted from and where her body was found (which is a place with no connection to any of the 4), but that really tells nothing, and certainly no indication from PE that any of the 4 had any role in what happened to her.

Right. The only real evidence the state had was JA's testimony, but if JA was bending the truth to get attention diverted from himself for whatever reason, then there really isn't evidence to support a conviction. So it all depends on how credible JA is.

JA will probably get off any responsibility for all of this. The state can't use whatever he said in court against him because of the immunity deal, and there is apparently no other evidence, so he should be off scott-free.

Likewise with DA I expect, except in his case he made statements of his own to the investigators. But we don't really know what those are yet however. If they don't match up with what JA was claiming then he probably get off as well.

Probably the most implicated character is SA. Firstly because JA directly implicated him, secondly because he matched the actual description of the person the brother saw, and thirdly because there were witnesses observing him paying unusual attention to the victim prior to the crime. So, you could make a reasonable argument that he was the one primarily responsible for everything, and have a degree of corroboration for that as well as a vague motive, even though there is no actual physical evidence once again. Plus, the fact that he killed himself may reflect a sense of personal guilt on his part, you might consider that self incrimination on his part. The other three may have been aware of what he did, and even have helped him clean up, but he was dead and the prosecutor wanted a conviction, so it became a fight between them to try to ensure that they were not the one holding the bag of primary responsibility for HB's fate. In retrospect it now makes sense why the prosecutors wanted to renege on his immunity deal, they may have figured out the truth after he cut the deal. Then, later on when he was dead they dealt the cards they had so they could produce a conviction at the end. It was not about truth, but more about holding someone, anyone, accountable and putting them in jail as closure. That would account for all of the later shenanigans they got up to in the years leading up to the trial.

MAYBE it was the disposal of the body. Its one thing to pull a trigger which takes a split second, but then you would have to deal with her deceased body...

According to JA they thought she was already dead prior to shooting her. IIRC he did not claim to have seen her actually being shot, rather just seeing a supposed body in a bag and then later hearing a shot. He is trying to place himself outside of the orbit of the crime, being involved only as an accessory after the fact and as a witness. By using him in trial as a state witness, the prosecution is accepting his version of the events as what happened.

JA will probably get off any responsibility for all of this. The state can't use whatever he said in court against him because of the immunity deal, and there is apparently no other evidence, so he should be off scott-free.

Nah. JA had no actual immunity from the state (only from the feds which would mean immunity from tangential violation of gun/drug laws touched on in his testimony), and he did testify under oath, so his words could definitely be used against himself. But he carefully painted a picture that (probably untruthfully) minimized his own involvement, just in case. And he did have a pre-agreed negotiated sentence, which has been confirmed since the ZA trial ended, which means he'll be getting the deal (whatever it is) rather than going through a trial and having his punishment determined by a jury.

Thankyou very much for the link Gee. I can't believe they got away with that.

Yes, Gee, thank you for sharing. Unbelievable! This poor family hired their own who had these guys in 2012!! Ah!!! The long wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was so happy that justice was served for Holly. This was one of the cases I followed when I was active here a few years ago. I've recently decided to come back after seeing all of the trials and verdicts or mistrials to try and catch up. I'm in two graduate programs now and have very little free time, but I hope to be more involved again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Just wondering if we will have a NEW thread for the hearings coming up on Nov. 14th for Dylan & Jason?
I'll "alert" my post, so a Mod here will see this!

Just wondering if we will have a NEW thread for the hearings coming up on Nov. 14th for Dylan & Jason?

:seeya: Yes and Thanks ! This is a good idea to have separate threads for DA and JA for their upcoming hearings ... even though it is all related, it just makes it easier to discuss, search, etc, with all these defendants.

I am looking forward to these upcoming Hearings, however, I will NOT be surprised by whatever happens.

I am still extremely disappointed that the TRUTH did NOT come out during ZA's trial.

Now do I think he and the other A's are responsible ? Possibly and yes -- BUT the State IMHO did NOT prove their case ! I believe there is much more to Holly's case than what the State presented, and I believe there is someone else involved who did not get charged - and who did not get immunity. In other words, there is absolutely without a doubt MORE to this story.

But unfortunately, I have not had the time to discuss the trial, etc, due to "real life" ... :thinking: not that anyone would want to hear my theory ... LOL.

If I see any updates on the upcoming hearings, I will post ... and if anyone else sees anything, please post !

:seeya:

:seeya: dog.gone.cute I would like to hear your theories!
Biggest surprise for me - during the trial was mention of NB, and the three-some thing... Despite having followed case from day one, I was unaware of NB till the trial (I know now there was mention of her earlier, but I missed it).. the three-some thing sounds bogus, and I would suspect just the opposite; of Holly tying to steer NB away from those people.

Anyone know if these will be televised?

:seeya: dog.gone.cute
I would like to hear your theories!
Biggest surprise for me - during the trial was mention of NB, and the three-some thing... Despite having followed case from day one, I was unaware of NB till the trial (I know now there was mention of her earlier, but I missed it)..
the three-some thing sounds bogus, and I would suspect just the opposite; of Holly tying to steer NB away from those people.

:seeya: Hi there, OldSteve !

I am glad you want to hear my theories ... LOL !

BBM: I agree that the 3-some statement that JA said that ZA said was bull-dinky. However, I do believe that NB was the "link" between the A's and Holly. It's interesting that early on, NB made a couple statements to the MSM on behalf of the family ... then poof ... nothing from NB and she did NOT even attend the trial of her murdered cousin ! WHY ???

JMO but NB was not called as a "witness" because she would have opened up a :worms: for both the State and Defense, and neither side wanted to go there. In other words, the State did not want her to testify on their behalf because NB was the connection to the A's, which was contrary to the "story" the State presented at trial, and the Defense did not want NB to testify because it would not have helped ZA's so-called defense that he did not even know Holly.

:gaah:

So ... back to my theories ... :floorlaugh:

One of my "theories" involves NB and others, however, I don't know how far I can go in that theory because of the TOS here at WS.

I have another theory, which theory is based on the TBI Director's statement when Holly's remains were found. And IMO, this does NOT match what was presented by the State at ZA's trial. I will have to go back and find links so that I get it right ... LOL !

All JMO and MOO

Anyone know if these will be televised?

:seeya: I am more than certain it will be televised.

I regularly search for updates on Holly's case, but have not seen anything recently.

I will keep looking and post if I see anything.

Respectfully snipped
dog.gone.cute said:
One of my "theories" involves NB and others, however, I don't know how far I can go in that theory because of the TOS here at WS.

I have another theory, which theory is based on the TBI Director's statement when Holly's remains were found. And IMO, this does NOT match what was presented by the State at ZA's trial. I will have to go back and find links so that I get it right ... LOL !

Got my curiosity up! If you can find those links, as well as anything else...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back