Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
But truthfully, I'm kind of already looking for a reason to become a hermit, anyway. I'd probably get 20 more chickens to keep me occupied, one more dog for security, and call it a darn good excuse to never go grocery shopping again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sounds like a winner.

But truthfully, I'm kind of already looking for a reason to become a hermit, anyway. I'd probably get 20 more chickens to keep me occupied, one more dog for security, and call it a darn good excuse to never go grocery shopping again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Amazon can handle it!
I agree, I'm afraid to go to Walmart without carrying!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Amazon can handle it!
I agree, I'm afraid to go to Walmart without carrying!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not the nearest WalMart, but the nearest mall is getting a bit dicey.

Cannot place myself in being returned from a kidnapping alive and back to my family. But interestingly Stockholm Syndrome is something that most captives talk about. That in order to survive they cower and obey and identify with their captives. However, this is not something we have heard about here. SP has always been on the offensive which is truly remarkable and honorable.

How would locals have that information but MSM doesn't?

Also,the comments that people leave on the bottom of MSM articles stating "facts" are pretty much useless IMO. You can't tell if people are just making things up.

JMO

Gossip? People know each other and word spreads? I mean I’m not talking about comments on articles. The locals were right about Michigan man so....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I not sure if this has been mentioned yet...

Do we know if it was the ransom money that was used to purchase their home just recently?

How convenient.

We don't know. Good question though.

What's everyone's opinion on how LE only found DNA from one male and one female on SP, but her claim is that she was abducted by two females?

What's everyone's opinion on how LE only found DNA from one male and one female on SP, but her claim is that she was abducted by two females?

OT: You had one avatar and I refreshed the page and you had a different one. Thank you for a brief second of "Wait, what? Did I hallucinate a blue thing?!"

OT: You had one avatar and I refreshed the page and you had a different one. Thank you for a brief second of "Wait, what? Did I hallucinate a blue thing?!"

Haha!:hilarious: I try to keep up with them!

Cannot place myself in being returned from a kidnapping alive and back to my family. But interestingly Stockholm Syndrome is something that most captives talk about. That in order to survive they cower and obey and identify with their captives. However, this is not something we have heard about here. SP has always been on the offensive which is truly remarkable and honorable.

BBM. Not sure what you mean by her always being "on the offensive" but LE DID say she kept her head down in their presence:

These suspects, however, made efforts to conceal their identities with face coverings and Sherri said she would also keep her head down in their presence to avoid being battered by them.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sketches-of-suspects-in-papini-case/644975307

That sounds like cowering to me. JMO.

What difference does it make in this context?

Because the OP I was responding to mentioned cowering from captors and claimed that SP was ALWAYS on the offensive. The slamming head into toilet incident was one incident in 22 days and we don't have other accounts of her fighting back/trying to escape every single day she was with her captors. If that incident happened towards the beginning of her ordeal, then it makes sense she was not yet cowering in fear from them. People are acting as if it happened right before she was released (after she was emaciated and had been beaten multiple times over the course of 22 days) but we don't know that. We don't have an order for the events described as far as I know. We cannot say she did NOT develop Stockholm syndrome, IMO, just because of one instance of trying to fight back/escape. JMO.

We don't know when that supposedly happened during the 22 days, do we?

Sounded like near the end IIRC the description of events was that fight, which she cut her foot, then describes hearing a fight between the two and a gunshot, then she is taken by the younger one to be released.

Sounded like near the end IIRC the description of events was that fight, which she cut her foot, then describes hearing a fight between the two and a gunshot, then she is taken by the younger one to be released.

This seems to be what people are assuming but can anyone quote a LE source that tells the story as if all those events happened in one day? Here is where the detective discussed the bathroom incident and later on he goes on to describe the day she was released:
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article180824671.html

We learned about all this info at the same time so I think people are combining two events/two new pieces of info as if they all happened in one day, but I don't see anything that says that from LE.

This seems to be what people are assuming but can anyone quote a LE source that tells the story as if all those events happened in one day? Here is where the detective discussed the bathroom incident and later on he goes on to describe the day she was released:
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article180824671.html

We learned about all this info at the same time so I think people are combining two events/two new pieces of info as if they all happened in one day, but I don't see anything that says that from LE.

I agree, we don't yet know when in the timeline she slammed the captor's head into the toilet. I have tried to find out, with no luck.
One reason I was wondering is because the cut to her foot she reports was not seen by LE, BUT if that happened early on in the timeline, I think it may have had enough time to heal by the time she was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288