TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #2

And we all know these are red flags, right? So why are they constantly being missed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because you can report it to LE and they often say there's nothing we can do.

How many women does it take to tell authorities that this monster was a monster?

If only someone, anyone who who was capable of locking this guy up listened to these women.

I'm so pissed. People knew this monster was a monster! These women told authorities!!! These women were not taken seriously!

Our society doesn't take DV or rape seriously that is why.
No idea why either but it's not seen as a huge problem.
I've been in a DV situation and LE wouldn't arrest the guy who threw me through a bay window. No arrest they laughed with him saying women can be crazy. Keep in mind the officer was female and laughed in my face.

I think we need to be able to determine the difference between mental health issues and just plain evil. My ex knew he could eventually get out if he was placed in a mental health facility verses prison. All he had to do is break a window and pretend to eat the glass. He was out within a year. I don't for one minute believe this shooter had mental health issues, he was evil to his core and played the system. IMO he took advantage of the forgiveness and encouragement of church members to gain access to the women in his life. Then when they wouldn't continue to accept his behavior, they became his enemy. All JMO.

Agree, he could have well know how to play the system.

"So why isn't the Texas church shooting being called an act of terror?

Part of the confusion stems from the fact that the world has never really settled on a standard definition of "terrorism." The*US Code of Federal Regulations*defines it as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

But it is not a standalone criminal charge.

"There is not a domestic terrorism crime as such," FBI Director Christopher Wray said in a Senate hearing in September. "We in the FBI refer to domestic terrorism as a category but it's more of a way in which we allocate which agents, which squad is going to work on it."

So once again, it all comes down to motive. Was there a political or ideological agenda behind the attack?"

The New York attack was labeled 'terrorism.' The Texas shooting wasn't. Here's why
www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/us/what-is-terrorism-definition-trnd/index.html

Terrorizing your wife, your children and their families and communities isn't enough to be considered legal terrorism, but ask any DV survivor! It is terrorism you have lasting scars and severe PTSD for decades.

Killer had no soul. No conscience. No amount of medication, religion, supports will create one.

Anyone take the time to do a look up on home Devin Kelley lived at? My husband mentioned something along the lines of a mansion and I thought he was joking. NOT!

Mods are Amazon wish lists allowed? There are few Devin Kelley wishlists that have items that would suggest a fascination with knives, tactical equipment, skulls ; in fact several full face masks listed that would fall under the description that this was wearing.
Lists from 2013 showing items like these.
Definitely not your normal looking wishlists.

Dear Kittythehare,

The answer is in your message.

People need to report their loved ones, neighbours or friends - acquaintances - anyone who we feel has the potential to commit these heinous crimes.

Although it will be painful and perhaps embarrassing to report people we know but we need to consider the alternative. The alternative will always be hearing after one of these horrendous acts that there were red flags. I shudder when I read about neighbours who later speak to reporters about things they thought were suspicious but thought they were "none of their business".

No more "none of our business". Neighbours and friends are speaking out about child abuse. It's time to speak out about anything that makes us suspicious.

We will only be protecting others when we do this.

The reporting systems are in place. We, as the public, need to start using them.

This is only my opinion.

What do we do when you report Red Flags to LE and they don't care?
I know of several bad actors making threats and I believe they are more than capable to carry through with their threats.

Dear x_files,

I certainly agree!

Your post makes me wonder how many reports the Sheriff's office did have on him over the years.

Did he have wealthy relatives that kept criminal charges away? I am not judging, just wondering why he was not in prison a long time ago.

His behaviour was that of a dangerous offender long before he committed this horrid crime.

I'd love to know also! Parents/family members NEED to report their kids not cover for them if they show signs of violence. Take animal cruelty, violence dead seriously seek help for them immediately.

Anyone take the time to do a look up on home Devin Kelley lived at? My husband mentioned something along the lines of a mansion and I thought he was joking. NOT!

I believe there is a pic somewhere here. It is a large sprawling home on acreage. Killer didn't live in the Parents home. Some sort of building on their property. Which speaks volumes. To me.

I think we need to be able to determine the difference between mental health issues and just plain evil. My ex knew he could eventually get out if he was placed in a mental health facility verses prison. All he had to do is break a window and pretend to eat the glass. He was out within a year. I don't for one minute believe this shooter had mental health issues, he was evil to his core and played the system. IMO he took advantage of the forgiveness and encouragement of church members to gain access to the women in his life. Then when they wouldn't continue to accept his behavior, they became his enemy. All JMO.

There's no legal definition of evil, that's the problem.

What do we do when you report Red Flags to LE and they don't care?
I know of several bad actors making threats and I believe they are more than capable to carry through with their threats.

The process to report someone for DV and to be believed and for the person to actually be charged and sentenced is not easy. It's a difficult and painful process and it doesn't always end with the abuser punished. This time it did! The system should have worked because everyone did what they were supposed to. Well, except not everyone and while it saved his ex-wife and her child he was never actually dealt with and he was free to do this. It's discouraging, to say the least.

We see red flags and we know what they mean.

The process to report someone for DV and to be believed and for the person to actually be charged and sentenced is not easy. It's a difficult and painful process and it doesn't always end with the abuser punished. This time it did! The system should have worked because everyone did what they were supposed to. Well, except not everyone and while it saved his ex-wife and her child he was never actually dealt with and he was free to do this. It's discouraging, to say the least.

We see red flags and we know what they mean.

agreed. The AF did take it seriously but still he managed to slip between the cracks over and over again.

Sutherland Springs church shooter escaped mental health facility months after attack on wife, child

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...th-facility-months-after-attack-on-wife-child

The witness informed officers that Kelley “was a danger to himself and others as he had already been caught sneaking firearms onto Holloman Air Force base,” located approximately 100 miles from the bus terminal. The report further states that Kelley “was attempting to carry out death threats” he had made on his military superiors.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...olice-why-did-he-do-it-struggle-a8040861.html

“Every morning when I would go out to the front of my house ... I could hear a lot of gunfire in that direction. It felt like it was next door,” he said.

Mr Gonzales said the gunfire would start as early as 8am, and occasionally sounded like it was coming from an assault rifle.

“It just kept going on,” Mr Gonzales recalled. “He would go crazy all the way to 12pm. I thought it was target practice.”

If the current wife survived this attack, I can't imagine the anguish she is experiencing.

If the current wife survived this attack, I can't imagine the anguish she is experiencing.

She is totally on my mind, along with her mom. My heart truly is with them, I completely respect the need for their privacy, though I would like assurances they are with each other, with a support system...any word would be appreciated.

But, bottomline, they get to decide how they want to communicate or not communicate.

I'm teary-eyed writing this. This has got to be living HELL for them and that's just so sad.

jmopinion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back