TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #2

They honestly didn’t even offer me that. And I was very young at the time so I wouldn’t have known I could do that.

I don’t understand why they couldn’t force him to talk to them. There were witnesses to what he wrote on my door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely understand. I wouldn't have thought to have done that either when I was younger. They couldn't force him to talk... just like you couldn't be forced to talk either, if you didn't want to. But, I get it. I'm not trying to argue with you. I was in my 40's before I ever married, and I always lived alone prior to that. I'm glad you are no longer in that situation. No doubt it was scary. Lots of creepy people in this world.

Warning signs? Seriously? They were not warning signs, They were actual crimes. He should have been in prison for a long long time.

and why wasn't he kept in prison/ or a mental ward? These are the questions I'd love answers too.

Agree. He was 18 and girl was 13. Rape. How many others are there? Then to taunt her with the pics!!!!!

statutory rape, sexual harassment this guy was allowed to terrorize! I really hope no one bailed him out or enabled this behavior!

But............this is what we're left with. If the AF had done it's job, he might have still been incarcerated or in a mental hospital. Seriously, dude brought weapons onto the base in hopes of killing his superior officers, brutalized his then wife and stepson, was dumped into a mental hospital, ESCAPED, and much more.........that was all on the AF's watch.

If the military couldn't control him, who could? Think about it. That's pretty scary.

He doesn't strike me as the type to adhere to a medication regimen.

I agree. I think he was a psychopath or possibly brain tumor. Waiting to see tox reports or anything to give us a clue.

Re: young women coming forward about Kelley

...She says Kelley even sent her cousin threatening messages after the relative came to her defense on the post.

'He had Googled her info and sent her a screenshot of her personal info, with a message saying if she stepped foot on his property, he would shoot her,' the woman said.

The woman said Kelley did a similar thing with her, sending her a screenshot of her personal information and threatening to shoot her. After blocking Kelley on the social network, she never heard from him again.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ley-investigated-rape-2013.html#ixzz4xrS5qpHu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No blame here, and I believe all these women coming forward about this deviant's history, but I have to wonder, if someone threatens you with your own personal information, and threatens to shoot you, too, was there no legal channel for these young women?

I am a couple of generations older, way before social media, but had that kind of threat happened to me, I do know my parents would have accompanied me straight to the police station.

Is there such a disconnect on social media that threats like these are just dismissed? I know from following a couple of cases that in this internet world of young adults, some of the communications are eye opening in its level of abusiveness.

In some ways, I do wonder about education because any one of these situations could have ended tragically.

This case is very multilayered from mental health slipping through the cracks, but also criminality slipping through the cracks, too.

Mods are Amazon wish lists allowed? There are few Devin Kelley wishlists that have items that would suggest a fascination with knives, tactical equipment, skulls ; in fact several full face masks listed that would fall under the description that this was wearing.
Lists from 2013 showing items like these.
Definitely not your normal looking wishlists.

Just like TK and DN...

Sutherland Springs church shooter escaped mental health facility months after attack on wife, child

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...th-facility-months-after-attack-on-wife-child

The witness informed officers that Kelley “was a danger to himself and others as he had already been caught sneaking firearms onto Holloman Air Force base,” located approximately 100 miles from the bus terminal. The report further states that Kelley “was attempting to carry out death threats” he had made on his military superiors.

Where was he in May 2015? Anyone? Tia.

I'm not certain we're allowed. Someone asked but I didn't see a mod response back.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I think it's okay to post the link to an Amazon wish list, as long as you're positive the account was his. I know the link to Todd Kolhepp's Amazon wishlist was shared in his thread.

Regardless, the wishlist is very easy to find. Just go on Amazon.com, and choose 'FIND A LIST OR REGISTRY' from the drop down menu under 'ACCOUNTS & LISTS'. Type 'DEVIN KELLEY' into the search bar and his account should be the second one that is listed. (The first belongs to someone in St Peters, MO.)

A lot of masks, gloves, tactical gear, motorcycle patches, and earring gauges. The scariest part about it for me is that the masks were all added to his wishlist in the summer of 2013. Most of the masks are similar to the one they've described him wearing, but he also had that creepy latex Joker mask from The Dark Knight Rises on there, as well as a few others.

I think it's okay to post the link to an Amazon wish list, as long as you're positive the account was his. I know the link to Todd Kolhepp's Amazon wishlist was shared in his thread.

Regardless, the wishlist is very easy to find. Just go on Amazon.com, ...........

*Respectfully snipped by me*

The last items were placed on there in early 2014.........maybe he started wishing on Ebay?

(and I get a "Page not responding" on Ebay.....)

No blame here, and I believe all these women coming forward about this deviant's history, but I have to wonder, if someone threatens you with your own personal information, and threatens to shoot you, too, was there no legal channel for these young women?

I am a couple of generations older, way before social media, but had that kind of threat happened to me, I do know my parents would have accompanied me straight to the police station.

Is there such a disconnect on social media that threats like these are just dismissed? I know from following a couple of cases that in this internet world of young adults, some of the communications are eye opening in its level of abusiveness.

In some ways, I do wonder about education because any one of these situations could have ended tragically.

This case is very multilayered from mental health slipping through the cracks, but also criminality slipping through the cracks, too.
Education is needed. You would not believe what happened to me at 17 that I didn't report (I'm not referring to the assault I mentioned earlier. This was more complicated). By the time I realized why I should have reported it despite what that knowledge in the public might have done to me, years had passed. If something happened with that person now, I would absolutely speak up to LE now.

It haunts me a bit even now that I didn't report it. But the idea of reporting it still scares me, because there would have been fall-out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So our societal current “business model” or modus operandi regarding violence is not working. Currently we all have to wait until the mentally ill, deviant, sociopathic, or tormented, angry people perform an **action** before we can do anything and usually it is too late.

What I would like to see is a reporting agency whereby anonymous calls can go to a task force that encompasses counselors,investigators, documentary’s, etc and if you see something, you call it in. It’s all about prevention and would save the well-being of countless lives, children, spouses,& animals. This would have to be a new agency but one that could work collaboratively with police, social services, FBI, doctors, etc...

The process could be done & it would take years to get the “wrinkles” out of it. It would be worth it though.

We are at the breaking point in society so it is necessary, IMO.

The trouble is that it violates the right to privacy and the right to due process and the Hippa laws. Everyone has rights, and that includes the mentally ill.

I've been harassed and threatened and the police will sometimes take a report. That's it. That's all they can do. If you file for a restraining order it can anger the stalker even more. There's not much the victim can do short of moving, changing your name.

Does anyone know if the shooter was currently living with his wife & baby or were they separated? I can't imagine a woman living with a man that was so obviously disturbed. I know it is said that psychopaths can be charming so if she was still living with him he must have really been turning on the charm for her. Obviously, he didn't fool his MIL & thus the current situation.

1) I hope it's OK to post this. In a note to fellow alumni, his father said that he and his wife were planning to leave TX and move to Colorado in the spring. If he was going to lose his parents' (apparently substantial) financial support, I wonder if that also played into his break??

2) Have either his parents or his wife or mother-in-law released a statement? I haven't seen anything confirming their current whereabouts. I hope they weren't also harmed.

Names of 26 victims of Texas church shooting released

http://pix11.com/2017/11/08/names-of-26-victims-of-texas-church-shooting-released/

Robert Scott Marshall, 56
Karen Sue Marshall, 56
Keith Allen Braden, 62
Tara E. McNulty, 33
Annabelle Renae Pomeroy, 14
Peggy Lynn Warden, 56
Dennis Neil Johnson, Sr.; 77
Sara Johns Johnson, 68
Lula Woicinski White, 71
Joann Lookingbill Ward, 30
Brooke Bryanne Ward, 5
Robert Michael Corrigan, 51
Shani Louise Corrigan, 51
Therese Sagan Rodriguez, 66
Ricardo Cardona Rodriguez, 64
Haley Krueger, 16
Emily Garcia, 7
Emily Rose Hill, 11
Gregory Lynn Hill, 13
Megan Gail Hill, 9
Marc Daniel Holcombe, 36
Noah Holcombe, 1
Karla Plain Holcombe, 58
John Bryan Holcombe, 60
Crystal Marie Holcombe (pregnant*), 36
*Carlin Brite “Billy Bob” Holcombe (unborn)

I've been harassed and threatened and the police will sometimes take a report. That's it. That's all they can do. If you file for a restraining order it can anger the stalker even more. There's not much the victim can do short of moving, changing your name.

Yeah, I was going to say that. When you report it, they don't do anything. Can't do anything. Even if you do get a restraining order they're barely worth the paper they're written on. If reporting it would lead to action, and that/those action(s) would lead to relief for the victim, I wouldn't have had to leave the country. I guess technically I didn't have to leave the country either - I could have sat around and waited until actual harm was done and hope my kids and I would make it out of that alive. No thanks...

Names of 26 victims of Texas church shooting released

http://pix11.com/2017/11/08/names-of-26-victims-of-texas-church-shooting-released/

Robert Scott Marshall, 56
Karen Sue Marshall, 56
Keith Allen Braden, 62
Tara E. McNulty, 33
Annabelle Renae Pomeroy, 14
Peggy Lynn Warden, 56
Dennis Neil Johnson, Sr.; 77
Sara Johns Johnson, 68
Lula Woicinski White, 71
Joann Lookingbill Ward, 30
Brooke Bryanne Ward, 5
Robert Michael Corrigan, 51
Shani Louise Corrigan, 51
Therese Sagan Rodriguez, 66
Ricardo Cardona Rodriguez, 64
Haley Krueger, 16
Emily Garcia, 7
Emily Rose Hill, 11
Gregory Lynn Hill, 13
Megan Gail Hill, 9
Marc Daniel Holcombe, 36
Noah Holcombe, 1
Karla Plain Holcombe, 58
John Bryan Holcombe, 60
Crystal Marie Holcombe (pregnant*), 36
*Carlin Brite “Billy Bob” Holcombe (unborn)

Rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back