Zach Adams guilty in kidnapping murder of Holly Bobo Sept 23, 2017

IMO, the only way ZA could possibly get a new trial would be based on ineffective assistance of counsel, his.

:seeya: Thank you for the update !

BBM: JMO but it is basically standard procedure to file for a motion for a new trial before filing for the appeal ... I have not had time to check the Tennessee Codes but that's how it works here in Louisiana.

JMO but I have NO doubt that Judge McGinley will DENY this motion for new trial ...

JMO but ZA is absolutely entitled to a new trial based on McGinley's comments alone that McGinley made to the jury after the verdict was rendered :gaah: I mean seriously, what judge tells the jury after they render a verdict: "oh yeah, I know your daddy" ... and "my son played ball with your son" ... .:gaah:

Of course, McGinley is going to DENY the motion for a new trial, which will then pave the way for ZA's Appeals process ... and I sure hope the appellate court overrules everything that happened in the trial court: the verdict, judge, prosecutor, ALL hearsay - everything.

It was the biggest sham of a criminal trial I have ever seen !

JMO but I am expecting the appellate court to rule in favor of the state and the kangaroo court of McGinley ... I will be really surprised IF the appellate court finds any ground to give ZA a new and FAIR trial ... but not counting on it.

Just unbelievable ... and sad that we will never know what REALLY happened to Holly !

:moo:

The judge did not mention who he knew until after the trial. I didn't think the trial was a sham. I believe the defense made their case. I think it is important to underscore that while there were inconsistencies, there were some important signs leading to the defendant. I think we do know what happened to Holly but we will never learn the nitty-gritty details of her last moments on earth. JMHO.

In a related development, a hearing is scheduled for next week for co-defendants Dylan Adams and Jason Autry.

http://wkrn.com/2017/11/09/breaking-holly-bobo-killer-zach-adams-files-motion-for-new-trial/

:seeya: Thanks for the reminder !

JMO but I expect that deals will already have been worked out for these 2 by the date of this hearing ... the court will be notified that deals have been made, working on finalizing their deals, and yada yada yada ...

The State - and the TBI/LE - do NOT want either of these 2 to go to trial for various reasons:

1. Starting with JA - the State's "star witness": :puke:

The State had nothing tying ZA to Holly's kidnap, rape and murder except JA's testimony ... and the State was real lucky that that jury bought it lock, stock and barrel ! So I expect JA will get a very nice reward for his Academy Award performance full of lies and hearsay. :gaah:

2. Next is DA:

DA's "story" of what happened to Holly does NOT match JA's "story" ... so the State would be in a real dilemma to take DA to trial because DA's "story" will not match what the State believes and presented during ZA's trial, which was based on JA's "story." :gaah:

3. Then you have TBI/LE:

The TBI and LE do not want to have to go down that path again ... and whether or not JA and DA's defense attorneys will be just as weak as ZA's defense attorney, they still do not want the public to know how inept they were and IMO, how corrupt they are !

JMO but IF there is a trial for either one of the 2 remaining defendants, I will be very surprised because IMO EVERYONE wants Holly's case gone ... they do not want justice ... they just want it over.

All MOO MOO MOO !

The judge did not mention who he knew until after the trial. I didn't think the trial was a sham. I believe the defense made their case. I think it is important to underscore that while there were inconsistencies, there were some important signs leading to the defendant. I think we do know what happened to Holly but we will never learn the nitty-gritty details of her last moments on earth. JMHO.

BBM: Judge McGinley should be held accountable for his lack of judgment ... judges are NOT supposed to make statements like that ... it does not matter that it was made AFTER the Verdict -- it was still made !

And the jurors -- the ones that knew the judge, or think that maybe his daddy or whoever in the family knew the judge -- should have filled out the Juror Questionnaire HONESTLY.

Honesty and Truth are two traits that have been sorely lacking in Holly's case ... from the get-go to the bitter end.

All JMO and MOO !

Here's what is on my list:

Tuesday, November 14th:
*Status Hearing @ 2pm CT - TN - Holly Lynn Bobo (20) (April 13, 2011) - John Dylan Adams (29/23 @ time of crime) & Jason Autry (43/36 @ time of crime)
Zachary Rye Adams (30) accused 1st degree murder, aggravated kidnapping & aggravated rape/DA seeks DP/Found GUILTY - 8 counts. Received 25 years for kidnapping/25 years for rape/& LWOP for murder one

Oh - I just noticed I don't have Dylan's or Jason's Charges?? Does anyone know what they are exactly??

TIA! :wave:

okay - looking around in articles it says they are both charged with kidnapping, rape & murder. But didn't Jason get some kind of immunity for testifying? Immunity from "which" charge?

TIA again! :seeya:

okay - looking around in articles it says they are both charged with kidnapping, rape & murder.

But didn't Jason get some kind of immunity for testifying? Immunity from "which" charge?

TIA again! :seeya:

BBM: See below from the Jackson Sun:

Court documents filed in June show that Autry will be granted federal immunity under the agreement.
Michael Alexander and Victor Dinsmore will also receive immunity;
Alexander will receive state immunity and Dinsmore will have both state and federal immunity

Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...-granted-immunity-holly-bobo-death/460958001/

------------------------------

Autry will get federal immunity, but we do not know IF he will get State immunity, or if the State will graciously award him a sweet deal :gaah:

BBM: See below from the Jackson Sun:

Court documents filed in June show that Autry will be granted federal immunity under the agreement.
Michael Alexander and Victor Dinsmore will also receive immunity;
Alexander will receive state immunity and Dinsmore will have both state and federal immunity

Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...-granted-immunity-holly-bobo-death/460958001/

------------------------------

Autry will get federal immunity, but we do not know IF he will get State immunity, or if the State will graciously award him a sweet deal :gaah:

Curious....you truly think Adams is innocent of all charges? Forget the judge, the prosecutors, his lack of defense, And all the other characters.

What do you think?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

:seeya: Thank you for the update !

BBM: JMO but it is basically standard procedure to file for a motion for a new trial before filing for the appeal ... I have not had time to check the Tennessee Codes but that's how it works here in Louisiana.

JMO but I have NO doubt that Judge McGinley will DENY this motion for new trial ...

JMO but ZA is absolutely entitled to a new trial based on McGinley's comments alone that McGinley made to the jury after the verdict was rendered :gaah: I mean seriously, what judge tells the jury after they render a verdict: "oh yeah, I know your daddy" ... and "my son played ball with your son" ... .:gaah:

Of course, McGinley is going to DENY the motion for a new trial, which will then pave the way for ZA's Appeals process ... and I sure hope the appellate court overrules everything that happened in the trial court: the verdict, judge, prosecutor, ALL hearsay - everything.

It was the biggest sham of a criminal trial I have ever seen !

JMO but I am expecting the appellate court to rule in favor of the state and the kangaroo court of McGinley ... I will be really surprised IF the appellate court finds any ground to give ZA a new and FAIR trial ... but not counting on it.

Just unbelievable ... and sad that we will never know what REALLY happened to Holly !

I do agree that it is standard procedure to file for a new trial - but I disagree with your other statements. We may not know with 100% accuracy what happened to Holly - but imo unless you are there you never really know with 100% certainty what happened. JA is not the first defendant to try to downplay their involvement in a crime. I would hate to see him get off lightly - we will see soon. I do believe ZA was proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Will just have to watch and see how the appeals play out. At this point I think it would take video evidence to prove to some that ZA is guilty - and even then someone would probably say it was edited. Everyone sees things differently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a question. How did Autry know that Zach had problems getting an erection during the rape if he was not present at the time. That Dylan helped him out. (graphic I know) It was mentioned that that was the only time Zach had a real reaction during the trial.

Dicus is just looking for his 15 minutes in the media and trying to vie for a place on the Defense panel of Appeal Attorneys.

JMO's

I have a question. How did Autry know that Zach had problems getting an erection during the rape if he was not present at the time. That Dylan helped him out. (graphic I know) It was mentioned that that was the only time Zach had a real reaction during the trial.

Dicus is just looking for his 15 minutes in the media and trying to vie for a place on the Defense panel of Appeal Attorneys.

JMO's

I believe JA said that detail was told to him - can’t remember if he said DA or SA told him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM: Judge McGinley should be held accountable for his lack of judgment ... judges are NOT supposed to make statements like that ... it does not matter that it was made AFTER the Verdict -- it was still made !

And the jurors -- the ones that knew the judge, or think that maybe his daddy or whoever in the family knew the judge -- should have filled out the Juror Questionnaire HONESTLY.

Honesty and Truth are two traits that have been sorely lacking in Holly's case ... from the get-go to the bitter end.

All JMO and MOO !

In a small rural town like that, everyone's Daddy knew the judge. I don't think I would have mentioned it on a juror questionnaire, if I thought my father might have gone to high school with the judge, 50 yrs ago.

I believe JA said that detail was told to him - can’t remember if he said DA or SA told him

I believe he said Zach told him that. Why would that subject even be brought up for discussion? Most brothers are not too anxious to admit to incest much less homosexual behavior, IMO. I believe he was there and participated.

JMO

I believe he said Zach told him that. Why would that subject even be brought up for discussion? Most brothers are not too anxious to admit to incest much less homosexual behavior, IMO. I believe he was there and participated.

JMO

The only reason I doubt his participation is the cell phone records. He is an evil man for sure and I would not be surprised to find out he was more involved

okay - looking around in articles it says they are both charged with kidnapping, rape & murder. But didn't Jason get some kind of immunity for testifying? Immunity from "which" charge?

JA only had formal immunity from federal charges that were not part of the case, lest he had to self-incriminate on things like federal drug laws and gun laws.

But while there was a deal already offered and negotiated, in which he sold a story to the state in exchange for a certain sentencing outcome, that was not an actual "immunity" from the rape-kidnapping-murder charges. Instead he had a guaranteed sentencing outcome as long as he gave the testimony the state wanted him to give, that fit their charges. Bribed testimony iow.

Curious....you truly think Adams is innocent of all charges? Forget the judge, the prosecutors, his lack of defense, And all the other characters.

What do you think?

You didn't ask anyone else but I'll chime in. :)

I think the case was NOT proven, because I don't find JA's bribed testimony to be credible or independently given, and that's all the evidence they really had. But that's not saying ZA didn't do it, but only that imo there was no BARD standard met. That having been said, if I had been on the jury, I likely would have wanted to vote guilty for some of it anyhow, because even though it wasn't really proven BARD, I wouldn't want ZA walking the streets and I could accept that he very well MIGHT have done it.

by SteveS: Instead he had a guaranteed sentencing outcome as long as he gave the testimony the state wanted him to give, that fit their charges. Bribed testimony iow

I've not seen any proof of this. Do you have a source for this? Please post a link. thanks!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel1987
Back