Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.10.17 - Day 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the blue tarp from the court pic's- note it appears to be a van door opened on the right of the pic
attachment.php

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/laura-babcock-trial-thursday-1.4394149

Can anyone match up the area in the photo to a place at the 'farm'? I found these 2 photos which show a stone building with a dark brown vertically sided barn-door.. but I don't think this area has a concrete base (and the brown doors are trimmed with white, which does not appear to be the case in the picture showing the tarp)... but it might be on the right track at least?
These pics are from various news articles surrounding the time when the farm was being searched.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DM Farm Main Barn2.jpg
    DM Farm Main Barn2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 202
  • DM Farm Main Barn.jpg
    DM Farm Main Barn.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 204
My speculation is is that WM had a wheel chair accessible van for his elderly father Carl. Carl died in 2006. The van was a 2005. Didn't CM live with WM and DM for a stint? MOO.

We're starting with May 21 and 22, 2013. He was involved in the examination of a vehicle -- a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan, a greeny-blue.
It must have been one of these 3 mentioned here- the Yukon, the red truck and van? This is from May 18/13

BBM "Hamilton police say the forensic analysis of two properties in the Waterloo area, along with three vehicles seized by police in the course of the Bosma investigation, were expected to be completed Saturday."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/ctv-news-chan...d-emerge-amidst-bosma-investigation-1.1287446

1x12 is not commonly available. Compare to cop's hand and height. He must be close to 6'. I understand it's a bit of Rorschach test, but .... The blobs appear to have a human body proportions.

It's actually called barn board and is found mostly in....well barns. It is about 1" x 12" and comes in varying lengths. It's become a decorative type wood for people building or restoring rustic homes and there is actually an issue with people stealing it from barns.

http://www.thewhig.com/2016/02/01/vintage-boards-stolen-from-barn

Laura Babcock murder trial: Expert says photo appears to show human bones burning

Burning objects seen in photo taken of the inside an incinerator belonging to accused killer Dellen Millard look like human bones, according to an expert in bones and burned remains who testified today at the Laura Babcock murder trial in Toronto.

Forensic anthropologist Dr. Tracy Rogers started her testimony Friday afternoon, saying she had examined two photos that were shot on July 23 at 11:20 p.m., which were found on electronic devices that were seized from Millard's home.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/babcock-trial-day-14-1.4396243

So they actually took TWO photos of the inside of the Eliminator that night. :notgood:
I think the expert stated that there were two of the same photo. One was original with metadata and the other was modified/enhanced. It was probably lightened or darkened to show stuff more clearly for the gouls

Probably not my most intelligent post but here goes. It looks to me that Pedo the dog knows that there is a dead person he knows in the tarp. His ears are down, he is postured with his back curved and in a submissive way. I hate that he had to have his dog there for these missions. Dogs understand their world through the sense of smell. Pedo likely knew Laura, who also had a dog, and would have detected her in there, even in a state of decomp. Smich jokes about getting a dog to try out in the incinerator. I hate these people.

I completely agree. Pedo is showing horror and sadness with his body language and eyes. My dad passed away at home when I was very young. Our dog lay submissively and sadly unwilling to eat for days as he mourned. He finally came out of it.

Pedo is by far more 'human' than either DM or MS. They are a disease to this earth. Utterly putrid. jmo

Can anyone match up the area in the photo to a place at the 'farm'? I found these 2 photos which show a stone building with a dark brown vertically sided barn-door.. but I don't think this area has a concrete base (and the brown doors are trimmed with white, which does not appear to be the case in the picture showing the tarp)... but it might be on the right track at least?
These pics are from various news articles surrounding the time when the farm was being searched.
attachment.php

attachment.php
See post #391- it's the front barn door, the one facing the road. You'll notice a ferny tree over to the left, but the most telling sign is the dark stone about a foot up from the ground on the right side of the door. There are no doors on the back side of the barn and the newer section is block construction. The white trim on this door only goes down half way.
BarnDoorFront.jpg

Regarding the pic of the 'rolled up blue tarp'. I thought that was from the Maple Gate residence.
According to the series of photo's of that with the GPS coordinates, it has the farm coordinates.
WARNING: graphic pictures included in linked article.
http://torontosun.com/gallery/court-exhibits-of-accused-killers-mark-smich-and-dellen-millard

OK I always thought this was at DM's Maple Gate house. Looked like a fence or shed. I should have taken a closer look. Clearly see its the rusty old barn door, now.
And good catch MsSherlock of the open vehicle door top right corner.

There is something satistifying in watching DM flail in these cross examinations. I'm sure he's thought he's come up with some big 'aha' moments with the message from the iPhone in 2005 or the video that he said had incorrect location data only for the judge to shut it down as irrelevant. For someone like DM I'd bet the humiliation at his lawyering failures hurts more than being found guilty.

And the blue tarp from the court pic's- note it appears to be a van door opened on the right of the pic
attachment.php

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/laura-babcock-trial-thursday-1.4394149

Oops, I see someone else had the same thought!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Poor Pedo indeed. He looks like he has just been admonished... perhaps for digging at the tarp?

(and the brown doors are trimmed with white, which does not appear to be the case in the picture showing the tarp)

Because the door is pulled closed in that pic and the white trim is hidden in the pocket of the door.

There is an agreed statement of facts that the IPad was the one LB got from SL. That is not in question at this trial.

What IS in question is how involved MS was in the murder of LB. Where he was at the time of her death. How much planning he was involved with with regards to her alleged murder and whether he was actually there at the house at the time of her alleged murder and either participated in it or the direct aftermath of it.

It was his attorney today who got the witness to admit that they have no idea when the IPad was named "Mark's IPad". In the opening statement and in the original testimony, it appeared that the Crown was insinuating that it was changed to that name at the time of the first connection to DM's computer around 10am on July 4th. Even the judge thought that was the testimony. Dungey managed to get the witness to say that they had no idea when the IPad was renamed. Which looks bad on the Crown if they were insinuating that it was at a specific time. So if that was supposed to be circumstantial evidence against MS, placing him in the Maplegate house that is one piece that is suspicious and that Dungey has raised doubt on for his client.

Now how he's going to raise doubt about his client's cell phone pings at the house at the same time as LB's phone was there, I'm not sure. Although we still are not clear as to whether he and MM were living at the house at that time and where the pings from his phone were when he was texting DM on the 3rd and 4th of July. That's probably already been established but I don't think we got very good information from the tweets on the days that the phone reps were testifying.

MOO

Cell pings only tell us which tower picked up the call
It only says really that they were all within that ten or ??? square mile area at that time.
Towers can cover a lot of area.
The Roger's Cellular man testified that a cel has a twenty mile range.
LB could have been at a client's house anywhere in that area at that time for all we know.

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account
@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Various photos from various angles of the van. A white TPS seal on the left side of the hood making sure it stays closed, not tampered with.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews1m1 minute ago
Above the drivers' side light there's a white strip. Jitta says it's a police seal, with information from the officer who sealed it before transport. #LauraBabcock

Adam Carter‏Verified account
@AdamCarterCBC1m1 minute ago
The officer is pointing out seals on the doors that were placed there by police for continuity of evidence. #LauraBabcock

There will be pictures.

Poor Pedo indeed. He looks like he has just been admonished... perhaps for digging at the tarp?

He looks like a dog who is unsure of the psychopathic killer before him who might just kill him next with his arms raised in his general direction.

I completely agree. Pedo is showing horror and sadness with his body language and eyes. My dad passed away at home when I was very young. Our dog lay submissively and sadly unwilling to eat for days as he mourned. He finally came out of it.

Pedo is by far more 'human' than either DM or MS. They are a disease to this earth. Utterly putrid. jmo

I think you are right. Maybe Pedo wants to stay by Laura's body to keep her company, in his own kindly way. It of reminds me of the story of Gray Friar's Bobby, a Scottish dog in a village church grave yard by that name. He came daily for 14 years to lay by his owner's grave, and the village people took care of him, giving him food and water. It almost looks like Pedo is sadly keeping guard by the body. Laura loved her little white dog Lacey, and it seems to me that this is a very poignant, and spiritual moment giving some grace in a time of horror, and no doubt completely missed by the monsters who took the picture. IMO

Pedo just looks scared to me. Almost like someone is raising a hand to him and he's cowering. JMO[emoji22]

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I think you are right. Maybe Pedo wants to stay by Laura's body to keep her company, in his own kindly way. It of reminds me of the story of Gray Friar's Bobby, a Scottish dog in a village church grave yard by that name. He came daily for 14 years to lay by his owner's grave, and the village people took care of him, giving him food and water. It almost looks like Pedo is sadly keeping guard by the body. Laura loved her little white dog Lacey, and it seems to me that this is a very poignant, and spiritual moment giving some grace in a time of horror, and no doubt completely missed by the monsters who took the picture. IMO
At least Rabbit has enough money now to keep Pedo fed well..and she can feel pretty confident that Pedo isn't warming up the BBQ to burn his annoyances away. One thing for sure, Pedo probably enjoys driving around in the Prius better than DM's hurst of the day. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea