Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.10.17 - Day 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the door is pulled closed in that pic and the white trim is hidden in the pocket of the door.

It appears the white trim is only to the centre of the door. The stone wall to the left of the brown metal siding (on the blue tarp photo) appears to be identical to the stone wall on the barn.

But didn't they say there were a few files from before July 4, 2012 in the back up file? Presumably these are from SL or others who used the ipad at his work, but determined not to be relevant to the case. If you wipe the ipad back to factory settings, doesn't it erase the existing user files?

I'm not an apple person, but had to help my mom when she somehow locked herself out of hers. I think I remember the apple help person suggesting we could put it back to the original settings, if she didn't mind losing any photos or other things she might have on it. Does anyone know if this is true?

MOO
That is a good point. But if you change user details it would switch out email accounts, imessage and music, in essence doing a soft wipe, so perhaps the previous files (44 entries) were apps.
I'm not sure if photos would carry forward with a user change and a device name change.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Seeing the brown barn door with white trim made me think of one of the texts read in court yesterday:

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Now between #Millard and Say10 (#Smich): "I'm awake now but I feel like ****. I needs to start gettin more sleep. R u here or did u dip? Its raining. back around 6. How bout the white & brown paint over the side entrance no rain there."

Now seeing texts between Millard and Smich on July 3, 2012. Smich is saying he "feels like s--t," and needs to get more sleep.
by Adam Carter 10:22 AM

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?355252-Laura-Babcock-Murder-Trial-11-09-17-Day-13/page3

I don't understand what is being said, and maybe it's not related..or maybe it is...

If MM is going to testify will she be treated like a hostile witness?. What will the crown want to know from her? Maybe she will be asked about the rap video and when MS wrote it because she was in the video with him reading the rap from Ipad. The crown wants to prove the video was taken on the 4th.

And no doubt it was also used for TB but there are no pictures showing that so it stayed out of evidence. Perhaps it does have useful DNA evidence for this trial. That would be helpful.

MOO

BBM I'm wondering why there were no pictures of when they put TB in the eliminator? At that point they had "got away" with murdering LB, so why not pics that time? They didn't seem to be more "careful" the second time around.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 57s58 seconds ago
First photo shows Eliminator in OPP bay, still chained down to a trailer. Jitta says he circled it, took photos and made notes. #LauraBabcock

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account
@MarkCarcGlobal 51s52 seconds ago
Seeing pictures now of the incinerator seized at #Millard's farm in the OPP Orillia detachment. Various angles shown in pictures.

What happened to the van? Can't they just stick to one thing and complete the testimony before moving on to something else?

My thoughts exactly! What is the purpose of mentioning the van? Did they find blood or hair? I'm so happy we have people reporting from the court, but this case has been so confusing to follow.

This is a very very vague memory for the TB trial, but wasn't there an instance when someone was looking for SS but he had parked his van behind/around a neighbour's house, not at his own home? Maybe I'm completely mistaken. I'm not good enough with the forum's search function to know where to start looking for the text to refresh my memory... apologies.

BBM wasn't that the red truck that was hidden behind a house?

Wonder why they didn't have to go through the whole story of the guy finding the eliminator while biking or whatever he was doing and then directing police to it. Guess it's irrelevant how they found it, but a difference in the approach at the two trials.

BBM I'm wondering why there were no pictures of when they put TB in the eliminator? At that point they had "got away" with murdering LB, so why not pics that time? They didn't seem to be more "careful" the second time around.

From my understanding today, it appears that the last backup they used on DM's phone, at least for this trial, was Feb 2013. So perhaps he took pics but deleted them and there was no back up. Although they did get information from Apple in this case. Perhaps it was just to unlock the phone? I guess that only helped them to prove what information had been deleted from it and what information was still on it at the time of TB's murder?

I also think that he may have taken these pics to show someone later. Proof, IYKWIM. Don't think he felt the need to have proof to show anyone for the TB murder.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/bosma-apple-iphone-security-1.3548481

https://deciphertools.com/blog/how-...save-access-and-recover-iphone-text-messages/

MOO

My thoughts exactly! What is the purpose of mentioning the van? Did they find blood or hair? I'm so happy we have people reporting from the court, but this case has been so confusing to follow.

Well I think we got our answer today when Dr Rogers testified. It appears that all of the information about her being called out to the farm and her going through the contents of the incinerator is off limits in this trial, as it should be since that whole exercise was about finding what was left of TB's remains. So in order for Dr Rogers to discuss the incinerator, and the dimensions on the interior in comparison to the contents that were burning, they brought in the pictures that were taken of the incinerator when it was taken to the OPP headquarters after Dr Rogers had emptied it out.

And that same witness who took those pictures, also took pictures of the van that was also seized and sent to OPP headquarters. So even though they were not ready to discuss the van, they got the pictures entered into evidence so that they can be used when discussing it later, likely with a forensics person who actually examined the van, not just the person who took pictures of it. It just makes it easier not to have to call this same witness back later.

So IMO, we will be hearing about the van or they would not have bothered getting the pictures entered into evidence if there was nothing to disclose about the forensic testing of it.

MOO

The problem with DM and MS's defence is that they claim they had nothing to do with this murder, but the circumstantial evidence of a planned and deliberate (first-degree) murder is overwhelming.

True. The drug-addicted sex worker angle seems so far away now.

Wonder why they didn't have to go through the whole story of the guy finding the eliminator while biking or whatever he was doing and then directing police to it. Guess it's irrelevant how they found it, but a difference in the approach at the two trials.

Well SS was building a homemade incinerator jobby, but they could not reference that in the TB trial because the device was neither built for or used with TB - it is only relevant to the LB trial. This time around they can go through in detail and discuss the development of the home jobby and the later purchase of the commercial incinerator. I wonder if they will have the incinerator salesman back again? Sounds like SS is due to be raked over the coals next week.

It's like the photo of MS with the "rake": that's only strictly relevant to the LB trial because it is a picture from her murder/incineration so they could not mention that in the TB case either.

LE is free to use some evidence this time around that was not available to them last trial, anyway, thus the different approaches.

Well SS was building a homemade incinerator jobby, but they could not reference that in the TB trial because the device was neither built for or used with TB - it is only relevant to the LB trial. This time around they can go through in detail and discuss the development of the home jobby and the later purchase of the commercial incinerator. I wonder if they will have the incinerator salesman back again? Sounds like SS is due to be raked over the coals next week.

It's like the photo of MS with the "rake": that's only strictly relevant to the LB trial because it is a picture from her murder/incineration so they could not mention that in the TB case either.

LE is free to use some evidence this time around that was not available to them last trial, anyway, thus the different approaches.
The SS built incinerator was in the TB trial as well.

Does anyone remember from the first trial that MM admitted to being a crack addict when she met MS? I don't know what the crown would want her to testify about. I would not believe anything she said except about when after DM and MS murdered Tim Bosma they were celebrating, that was the truth. She came from not well to do family I believe her mother was a home helper to a wealthy family. Her sister lived in an apt. that is in one of the worst areas in Oakville, it is known as crack central and lots of massage parlors in the area. It is an area where low-income people live. The building her sister lived in the police there a lot. I personally would believe very little of what she would say. The only one truthful thing was about MS and DM in a celebratory mood.

True. The drug-addicted sex worker angle seems so far away now.

The only way that that is relevant is to show how a strong smart woman managed to die at the hands of these monsters. She trusted them and didn't have a clue what they planned for her*

* "planned" being the most important aspect leading to a M1 verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther