Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.10.17 - Day 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner from CH news reported that SS & MM are set to testify next week. Sorry I do not have a link - was on tv.

Knowing what they know now, I'd love to know how the entire group of friends and associates feel about DM and MS. Do they still consider them friends? Are they disgusted with them? Are they allowed to visit them in jail after this trial and would they visit? I'm so curious LOL

Well SS was building a homemade incinerator jobby, but they could not reference that in the TB trial because the device was neither built for or used with TB - it is only relevant to the LB trial. This time around they can go through in detail and discuss the development of the home jobby and the later purchase of the commercial incinerator. I wonder if they will have the incinerator salesman back again? Sounds like SS is due to be raked over the coals next week.

It's like the photo of MS with the "rake": that's only strictly relevant to the LB trial because it is a picture from her murder/incineration so they could not mention that in the TB case either.

LE is free to use some evidence this time around that was not available to them last trial, anyway, thus the different approaches.

All the legal arguments from the Bosma trial make sense now.

Does anyone remember from the first trial that MM admitted to being a crack addict when she met MS? I don't know what the crown would want her to testify about. I would not believe anything she said except about when after DM and MS murdered Tim Bosma they were celebrating, that was the truth. She came from not well to do family I believe her mother was a home helper to a wealthy family. Her sister lived in an apt. that is in one of the worst areas in Oakville, it is known as crack central and lots of massage parlors in the area. It is an area where low-income people live. The building her sister lived in the police there a lot. I personally would believe very little of what she would say. The only one truthful thing was about MS and DM in a celebratory mood.

She painted MS as somewhat a good guy because he helped her get off "cocaine":

Meneses told the jury she met Smich at a Tim Hortons in 2012, and had just gotten out of a relationship with a drug addict who had gotten her into cocaine.

Smich, Dungey said, told her he would only become involved with her if she got off cocaine.

"He assisted you to get off cocaine because he knew it was harmful to you, right?" Dungey said. "Yes," Meneses agreed.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-meneses-day-three-1.3553484

Does anyone remember from the first trial that MM admitted to being a crack addict when she met MS? I don't know what the crown would want her to testify about. I would not believe anything she said except about when after DM and MS murdered Tim Bosma they were celebrating, that was the truth. She came from not well to do family I believe her mother was a home helper to a wealthy family. Her sister lived in an apt. that is in one of the worst areas in Oakville, it is known as crack central and lots of massage parlors in the area. It is an area where low-income people live. The building her sister lived in the police there a lot. I personally would believe very little of what she would say. The only one truthful thing was about MS and DM in a celebratory mood.
It was cocaine and she was honest at the last trial. Admitted she wanted the weed from DM, talked about MS wanted her to become a stripper and giving her tricky scales when he had her selling his drugs.

No reason to think she is going to lie or for you to not believe anything she says.

The SS built incinerator was in the TB trial as well.

I don't think they could dig though because it would cross over to LB's case. There may be text messages about the device that weren't admissible last time and the Crown can be more aggressive in inquiring why the device was built at all.

Knowing what they know now, I'd love to know how the entire group of friends and associates feel about DM and MS. Do they still consider them friends? Are they disgusted with them? Are they allowed to visit them in jail after this trial and would they visit? I'm so curious LOL

Well...DM had friends show up in court. He still apparently has friends.

All through this I want to say, "Ever heard of call blocking DM & CN?"

Really, he only murdered her because she was annoying, caused drama and to have fun. How sad. Has to be mentally unstable. IMO

IIRC DM seemed fine with LB in text messages until CN got mad. Even then he "wished her well" and asked for an invitation to her wedding. I don't think he was mad at her, I think CN was mad at her.

Point is, these are not likely to be deer bones. Specifically, the larger bone helps reject the deer hypothesis. Smaller bone could be that of a smaller deer, for ex.
As to why he took the pictures, there is a very simple and logical explanation. I'm sure you have the answer deep inside your heart. Select below to see the answer.

Answer: ( He is very very stupid )

DM's cross of anthropologist will be questioning her if the bones seen in the incinerator could be that of a wolf or some other type of wild animal.Or if she is aware of computer programs use to transpose or manipulate photos.

My best advice for DM...don't give up your day job goof. Your fun and games will soon be over and you can go back to your cell and RIH, karma is coming for you. These despicable, evil creatures are as guilty as guilty can be and they know it, but yet they have the nerve to plead not guilty and drag these poor victims families and loved ones through hell, having to sit in the courtrooms, listening to all the horrific details of the nightmare they created. Just goes to show how truly sick, evil and twisted they really are by getting their jollies, enjoying the fact they are making other people suffer more. SMH. MOO.

I don't think they could dig though because it would cross over to LB's case. There may be text messages about the device that weren't admissible last time and the Crown can be more aggressive in inquiring why the device was built at all.

The homemade incinerator was prominently featured in the TB trial, and argued as a path towards the commercial one exactly as it is being argued here. There is really no difference thus far.

I got curious earlier about just how Pedo was supposed to be pronounced. Closest phonetically is something like Pay-dough. I’m relieved I can stop effectively calling him a child molester in my head. Poor doggie has been through enough without that.

It’s weird how Smich looks like a different person in virtually every one of his photos. He could be about eight distinct men, I swear. So weird.

There is an agreed statement of facts that the IPad was the one LB got from SL. That is not in question at this trial.

What IS in question is how involved MS was in the murder of LB. Where he was at the time of her death. How much planning he was involved with with regards to her alleged murder and whether he was actually there at the house at the time of her alleged murder and either participated in it or the direct aftermath of it.

It was his attorney today who got the witness to admit that they have no idea when the IPad was named "Mark's IPad". In the opening statement and in the original testimony, it appeared that the Crown was insinuating that it was changed to that name at the time of the first connection to DM's computer around 10am on July 4th. Even the judge thought that was the testimony. Dungey managed to get the witness to say that they had no idea when the IPad was renamed. Which looks bad on the Crown if they were insinuating that it was at a specific time. So if that was supposed to be circumstantial evidence against MS, placing him in the Maplegate house that is one piece that is suspicious and that Dungey has raised doubt on for his client.

Now how he's going to raise doubt about his client's cell phone pings at the house at the same time as LB's phone was there, I'm not sure. Although we still are not clear as to whether he and MM were living at the house at that time and where the pings from his phone were when he was texting DM on the 3rd and 4th of July. That's probably already been established but I don't think we got very good information from the tweets on the days that the phone reps were testifying.

MOO

Great post Kamille and that's what I've been trying to wrap my head around...where was MS when LB was murdered? It's not cut and dry at this point. There's got to be some sort of evidence to show MS was present when LB was murdered in order for him to be charged with first degree murder. Otherwise his charge should be something like indignity to a human body if he was present during her incineration...wait...was MS present? Text messages sound like he was planning on being there, messaging about MM being there, staying in the front while they "talked to that girl." MS having knowledge of LB's murder and going along with planning or texting/talking about it is one thing, but I would think he would have to have been present at the time of her murder. Only one person has to commit the actually murder but if someone else is present and involved in some sort of way, and don't go to LE, they are also guilty by association. MOO.

Anyone feeling real ambitious with lots of time on their hands, willing to try and clean up those tweets from the courtroom of the text messages to try and make better sense of them? ;) :blowkiss:

Laura Babcock murder trial: Expert says photo appears to show human bones burning

Burning objects seen in photo taken of the inside an incinerator belonging to accused killer Dellen Millard look like human bones, according to an expert in bones and burned remains who testified today at the Laura Babcock murder trial in Toronto.

Forensic anthropologist Dr. Tracy Rogers started her testimony Friday afternoon, saying she had examined two photos that were shot on July 23 at 11:20 p.m., which were found on electronic devices that were seized from Millard's home.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/babcock-trial-day-14-1.4396243

So they actually took TWO photos of the inside of the Eliminator that night. :notgood:

Yes, and one is not being released to the pubic (by CBC and likely all MSM sources) as it's too disturbing I imagine. MOO.

Cameron says that Rogers was asked to examine two photographs connected to the case. One of these we saw yesterday, of something burning inside the eliminator.

@AdamCarterCBC
12h12 hours ago
We're seeing a second photo too -- it looks like an altered version of the first one.
We're seeing one other photo -- it's a grid overlay over the previous photo, of something burning in the eliminator.

@AdamCarterCBC
12h12 hours ago
A note: The CBC Has chosen not to publish this photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads