Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely! I bet they charge like wounded bulls too..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Incredibly unforeseen circumstances. I don’t think there would be any refunds. It would just be by the hour. Ugh.

Bosscher, 48, solicitor Alex Jones, 32, and Tom Strofield, 29, a former law clerk with the firm, were arrested yesterday and taken to the Brisbane Watchhouse.
They each face a charge of aggravated fraud related to more than $30,000, which carries a maximum penalty of 14 years.
Bosscher was also charged with eight counts of fraudulent falsification of records, which has a maximum penalty of 10 years’ imprisonment.
The Brisbane law firm was raided last year as part of a Crime and Corruption Commission and Queensland Police investigation of suspected criminal activity in the legal profession.
The aggravated fraud charges relate to “dishonestly applying property” valued between $30,000 and $100,000 that is subject to a trust, direction or condition, or on account of another person.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e/news-story/7c4454fa1081223dea4ea6d3b7e1a063

Bosscher, 48, solicitor Alex Jones, 32, and Tom Strofield, 29, a former law clerk with the firm, were arrested yesterday and taken to the Brisbane Watchhouse.
They each face a charge of aggravated fraud related to more than $30,000, which carries a maximum penalty of 14 years.
Bosscher was also charged with eight counts of fraudulent falsification of records, which has a maximum penalty of 10 years’ imprisonment.
The Brisbane law firm was raided last year as part of a Crime and Corruption Commission and Queensland Police investigation of suspected criminal activity in the legal profession.
The aggravated fraud charges relate to “dishonestly applying property” valued between $30,000 and $100,000 that is subject to a trust, direction or condition, or on account of another person.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e/news-story/7c4454fa1081223dea4ea6d3b7e1a063
It will be interesting to see if that firm survives.. they had one of them gaoled earlier this year dor the same thing

I wonder how one “dishonestly applies property”? Would that be to recoup legal fees?

I wonder how one “dishonestly applies property”? Would that be to recoup legal fees?

Yes also aggravated fraud sounds like aggressively doing things ? Such weird wording to a fraud charge - applying fraud aggravatingly ! Huh ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes also aggravated fraud sounds like aggressively doing things ? Such weird wording to a fraud charge - applying fraud aggravatingly ! Huh ?

My partner seems to think they may have been intimidating witnesses?? Just his opinion

My partner seems to think they may have been intimidating witnesses?? Just his opinion

Very dark indeed. Intimidating witnesses or blackmail? Both would have 'aggravatingly' aspects?

Very dark indeed. Intimidating witnesses or blackmail? Both would have 'aggravatingly' aspects?
According to the reports alot of money is involved so blackmail is a possibility. Imo

His lawyer Ken Mackenzie sought to change Bosscher's bail conditions to allow the solicitor to contact three clients and a former employee.

But that application was rejected by Magistrate Suzette Coates because they are prosecution witnesses.

"It would be like a person charged with rape going over to have a little cup of tea with the complainant," Ms Coates said on Wednesday.

The court heard the employee Bosscher sought to contact, solicitor Samantha Breach, resigned from the firm on Monday.

"She's fled the coop, she's not under the Bosscher wing any more," Ms Coates said.

Court documents show Bosscher is prohibited from contacting four other lawyers including his former business partner Tim Meehan, who is serving a five-and-a-half-year jail sentence for fraud and falsifying records.

His bail restrictions mean he also cannot contact a total of 42 clients who allegedly paid their legal fees in cash but whose payments police claim are not reflected in the firm's trust accounting software.

Police allege Bosscher's fraudulent behaviour occurred between November 2011 and September 2016, and that the solicitor also fraudulently produced unsigned cost agreements and tax invoices in 2015.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/11/15/12/03/lawyer-to-zealously-defend-fraud-charges?ocid=Social-9NewsB

It might be misuse of the firm's trust fund? Perhaps "borrowing" from it for personal purposes such as gambling.

):
a2306a9417cfa3c2e49f49c548e12d02.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Im confused yet again... how can Boscaino be on the Brisbane ARREST court list AGAIN if these guys are in custody??
496872f00e015c6d2f5c9e8dcb4bce28.jpg

Im confused yet again... how can Boscaino be on the Brisbane ARREST court list AGAIN if these guys are in custody??
496872f00e015c6d2f5c9e8dcb4bce28.jpg

New or additional charges maybe? What they would be one could only imagine. I mean, what are you tacking on to a murder charge???

New or additional charges maybe? What they would be one could only imagine. I mean, what are you tacking on to a murder charge???

Being arrest court,he has been arrested so new charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics